REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #4251
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
Danielle Dyer (@buenonote) Tweeted:
Wow David Lam park is packed. @CTVVancouver @GlobalBC @steeletalk https://t.co/69HqPYxbGu https://twitter.com/buenonote/status...719040512?s=20

Not one mask in view and since they are friends, they have to sit within 1 foot of eachother!
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #4252
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
Danielle Dyer (@buenonote) Tweeted:
Wow David Lam park is packed. @CTVVancouver @GlobalBC @steeletalk https://t.co/69HqPYxbGu https://twitter.com/buenonote/status...719040512?s=20

What in the fucking fuck!

Seriously, I'm sitting here in my house going on my 5th week other than occasionally walking my dogs and leaving for an hour once every 7-10 days to get groceries and these cocksuckers are out like zero fucks given?

Honestly, not even sure why I'm bothering isn't going to make an ounce of difference with all these idiots........

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #4253
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post

Seriously, I'm sitting here in my house going on my 5th week other than occasionally walking my dogs and leaving for an hour once every 7-10 days to get groceries and these cocksuckers are out like zero fucks given?

Honestly, not even sure why I'm bothering isn't going to make an ounce of difference with all these idiots........
Same here, very frustrating.

Here it is my wife and I have been spend so much time planning shopping lists, routes, and protective gear to avoid exposure and reduce the number of shopping trips, yet these motherfuckers giving no shits.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 04-19-2020 at 03:28 PM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #4254
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Thx for the info, LD is walking distance for me so I might give it a shot $16 seems like a good price too!

I was going to post this in the f'd up shit that makes you laugh but it's related since the tweet about david lam

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #4255
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Same here, very frustrating.

Here it is my wife and I have been spend so much time planning shopping lists, routes, and protective gear to avoid exposure and reduce the number of shopping trips, yet these motherfuckers giving no shits.
You're doing it to avoid seeing okami and spoon.ek9 in the hospital, where you'll be slipped an few extra NSAIDs in your med cup and be fed methane gas rather than oxygen.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2020, 05:37 PM   #4256
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #4257
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Failed 88 Times in 33 Posts
Pretty interesting video. Really makes you wonder..

Old 04-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #4258
I STILL don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:

We have too many entitled and irresponsible people who ruins it for everyone. Where are the tickets the city was supposed to be handing out?
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #4259
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
Pretty interesting video. Really makes you wonder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZphK_CMUbKg
Makes me wonder why people listen to idiots instead of facts... Maybe idiots can only understand other idiots?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #4260

^Hey retard, did you even bother watching the video? I'm guessing no.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #4261

Quote:
^Hey retard, did you even bother watching the video? I'm guessing no.
I admit I fast forwarded to where she started talking, and the first thing I heard was "which is on par with the flu" so I instantly stopped.

If she was using that as an example of what the lowest form of idiots on earth say about this virus, then please let me know and I'll go back and watch it.

Otherwise, don't waste peoples time with this crap, go hang out in CiC's thread, I heard he's back.

We already went through this phase before the virus broke out in North America. Some guy saying he's a pharmacist who thought he knew everything based on his own personal opinions. You should know better now that opinions don't mean anything. Just look at the facts, and go from there. Learn from that guy's lesson
Old 04-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #4262
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Makes me wonder why people listen to idiots instead of facts... Maybe idiots can only understand other idiots?
I didn’t watch the whole video above but it’s not far fetched at all to believe these types of events are used to take away freedoms and enact laws and regulations that further restrict the freedoms of citizens and potentially add things like income tax etc that are never taken away after the fact when they are introduced as “emergency measures”

I see people say now isn’t the time for politics etc. I’d say it’s more important than ever.

Hopefully after all of this is over people realize arguing over fucking gender pronouns and shit like that isn’t important.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #4263

^I suggest you rewatch the part on the video when she revealed a document written by the Rockerfeller foundation that essentially predicted everything that has happened up until now and it was written 10 years ago. Please don't tell me that is a coincidence. It could have been their plan all along..
Old 04-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #4264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I didn’t watch the whole video above but it’s not far fetched at all to believe these types of events are used to take away freedoms and enact laws and regulations that further restrict the freedoms of citizens and potentially add things like income tax etc that are never taken away after the fact when they are introduced as “emergency measures”

https://youtu.be/3zzs3KPC3-c

I see people say now isn’t the time for politics etc. I’d say it’s more important than ever.

Hopefully after all of this is over people realize arguing over fucking gender pronouns and shit like that isn’t important.
Of course it's a common thing. Once the virus is taken care of (if that ever happens) we need to be careful that no rights are given up than necessary (for instance if it does NOT go away, we may need to change society in difficult ways)

But when someone says "on par with the flu" they get insta-banned from my mind

Not using that to discredit the video, but if someone starts out with idiotic statements like that, they are not going to earn my attention for whatever else they have to say. Because more likely than not, it comes from a place of sheer ignorance and stupidity. Maybe she got to a good point eventually though.

Also if someone isn't blaming the "Rockerfellers" it's going to be some other group (usually Jewish) that the nutjobs love to use for their weird conspiracy theories.

IMO start a new thread for this kind of stuff, this thread should be saved for useful, factual information and news.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:20 PM   #4265

^Not gonna bother arguing with idiots like you who can't even stop for a minute to think whether it's possible. The video is not intended for sheeps like you. Move along.. back into the barn
Old 04-19-2020, 06:26 PM   #4266

The other thing they do is call people "sheep"

Quote:
The video is not intended for sheeps like you.
You're right, it's more for sheeps like this

This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #4267

Yup, continue to make fun of people who doesn't share the same opinion as you. A very typical response from you. Anyone who doesn't agree with you are all idiots. You're the cancer of Revscene. Serious question, did you get bullied in highschool? Is that why you're acting this way? Please go see a shrink after the pandemic is over. You need help.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-19-2020, 06:54 PM   #4268

I didn't even share my opinion

Quit attacking people in this thread. You already disrupted it for an entire page with whacky conspiracy theories. Let's just leave it at that.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #4269

Lol funny, YOU'RE the one who instigated it..
Old 04-19-2020, 07:04 PM   #4270

I admit I jumped to conclusions based on her calling this "on par with the flu" which only idiots believe. I'll say now that I don't think you're an idiot for simply sharing that video, without knowing your intentions of sharing it. You could have been making fun of it for all I knew.

Anyway, this thread isn't the place for it, so again, let's just move on from it.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #4271

Let's get back to sharing facts, and how different countries are approaching this differently.

Sweden:

Here's another anecdotal take on the situation in Japan

(read the thread)

This post FAILED by:
Old 04-19-2020, 08:43 PM   #4272
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Let's get back to sharing facts, and how different countries are approaching this differently.

Sweden:

https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/...47587318476801

Here's another anecdotal take on the situation in Japan

(read the thread)

https://twitter.com/motokorich/statu...15812107554819
I don’t think posting a screenshot of some random data which probably has more to do with total population then anything else is good critical thinking. I’m not saying Sweden is right or wrong, but keeping an eye on their data is a great way to keep a realistic view and keep your own confirmation bias at bay.

Here is what I believe to be the same chart with some random countries I picked off the list. It’s a bit nonsense. If you change the dates, it can be skewed to look dramatic or fairly mild. It just requires a bit of a critical eye. I think everyone needs to be doing that before they start running for the hills in fear or starting protesting at anti isolation rallies.

Interesting thing with the shot I posted is Sweden has about 1/4 the population as us Canadians... curious what the next couple weeks will show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9B328B04-09E6-4331-A14C-A6A325E372CD.jpg (84.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by hud 91gt; 04-19-2020 at 09:02 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #4273
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I tuned out as soon as I heard,

god bless......... at the end.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:09 PM   #4274

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I don’t think posting a screenshot of some random data which probably has more to do with total population then anything else is good critical thinking. I’m not saying Sweden is right or wrong, but keeping an eye on their data is a great way to keep a realistic view and keep your own confirmation bias at bay.

Here is what I believe to be the same chart with some random countries I picked off the list. It’s a bit nonsense. If you change the dates, it can be skewed to look dramatic or fairly mild. It just requires a bit of a critical eye. I think everyone needs to be doing that before they start running for the hills in fear or starting protesting at anti isolation rallies.

Interesting thing with the shot I posted is Sweden has about 1/4 the population as us Canadians... curious what the next couple weeks will show.
Sorry if it wasn't made clear enough in the tweet, but the intention of the chart is not "random countries" but rather comparing the nordic countries, with Korea added as the "best case scenario" of a country handling it. What you do with that data is up to you, but the point being made is that compared to other nordic countries, Sweden's govt took a different approach, not enforcing any sort of stay-home measures, no shut down of non-essential businesses, etc. Everything is just "suggested"

Of course if you compare it to Spain or USA or Italy, it's not going to look the same. But THAT would be comparing "random countries" rather than trying to make any kind of comparison. The only point of that would be to make a fallacious argument in order to discredit any other points being made, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that... You literally said you came up with a "nonsense" chart... so what reason is there to even consider it?

If you actually wanted to argue against it, you might have brought up the Netherlands, which has WAY more deaths and has had strict social distancing measures in place since late March. Yes, I'll destroy my own post if I learn more info Just saying, this is the way to do it, not logical fallacy. Maybe we can learn more instead? So if Sweden's relatively high rate of death can be explained through lack of strict controls, what explains Netherlands? Maybe late March was simply too late, and things are going to get even worse in Sweden eventually? They already have more deaths per million than USA
Old 04-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #4275
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 299 Times in 100 Posts
Been on a hiatus from this thread for a while to let things run a bit. Things turned out exactly as I predicted. Millions of jobs lost worldwide. Trillions of dollars wasted and trillions in GDP lost worldwide just to prevent potentially hundreds of thousands of mainly elderly deaths.

Do the math. We refuse to spend hundreds of thousands per patient on novel cancer treatments but we're willing to spend millions per patient and put millions into poverty to prevent deaths of people who are honestly probably going to die within the next 5 years.

There's a reason why most medical workers aren't good administrators. Every life is priceless to them, but in reality there is a price to every life.

So kudos to Sweden for not bowing to the fearmongerers pulling out their projections where everyone is going to be infected and 10% of the population is gonna die. Everyone knows social distancing saves lives. No shit, but at what cost.

Yes healthcare workers can be on their high horse telling people to isolate and do their part. That's cause their livelihood isn't on the line. They don't have to worry about putting food on the table, paying their mortgages etc. Sure they're putting their lives on the line, but don't firemen, policemen, search and rescue people do that too?
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: