REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #4626
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Been tipping 20% at all my local places im still getting take out from

Unfortunately quality has definitely suffered at some but can’t really blame them

I ended up buying a new BBQ from Costco yesterday, Weber Spirit E-330. Didn’t even think about it at the time but in hindsight I should have looked into it a bit more and maybe bought a broil king or something that isn’t assembled in China
I've been shopping online for BBQ's I was expecting for some to go on sale for spring but hasn't happened. Trail Appliance has free next day delivery and is priced similar to Home Depot and alike probably just going to order one from there but the one I'm looking at is kind of pricey so I've been holding off. With the weather we're suppose to get this weekend I should just pull the trigger.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #4627
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Yea the Costco deal is by far the best I’ve come across in terms of a deal, $100-220 off the same bbq at most places. And also with Costco’s return policy I wouldn’t hesitate to return it if anything went bad before the manufacturers warrantee ran out

Most “sales” I’ve seen at Lowe’s and HD etc. Are for the lower end stuff
Old 05-05-2020, 10:16 AM   #4628
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hong Kong is lifting some restrictions, which means I'll be able to go to the gym after this weekend and get a haircut

Also they'll be distributing millions of copper-woven reusable masks to the public. As much as I fucking hate wearing these things in the heat, it's necessary. This isn't over yet.

But fuck I might just keep myself locked down so I don't have to go out in the heat in a mask
I thought you could still get haircuts? My friends in HK said they have still been getting their haircuts as per normal? Meh, I know nothing though.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #4629
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
I’ve heard that the whole made in China VS not is hard to deteremine because due to regulations if portions of somthing are assembled in China but final assembly is done in North America you can still claim made in N/A?
It's been a while since I dug into the details but I used to have a job assembling circuit boards that said "USA" on them. They got shipped to the US for final assembly.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #4630
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I thought you could still get haircuts? My friends in HK said they have still been getting their haircuts as per normal? Meh, I know nothing though.
I read that hair salons were part of the strict closures (as in not even limiting the amount of people allowed, they must fully close), along with gyms and tattoo shops (and night clubs/karaoke clubs which will still be closed btw).

I guess some places your friends went to risked staying open? I didn't even bother contacting my usual place, I just assumed they were closed.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #4631

Quote:
Yea the Costco deal is by far the best I’ve come across in terms of a deal, $100-220 off the same bbq at most places. And also with Costco’s return policy I wouldn’t hesitate to return it if anything went bad before the manufacturers warrantee ran out

Most “sales” I’ve seen at Lowe’s and HD etc. Are for the lower end stuff
I found what I was looking for today, tried to buy from Trail but they didn't have stock and what they did have stock on I couldn't get until next week.

Johnstones BBQ, found a nice Napoleon I'm picking up tomorrow and this house we bought has a Natural gas hookup outside so looking forward to no more fucking around with propane. I never thought I'd spend this much on a BBQ but fuck it my last Weber lasted 11 years and was still working when I got rid of it, this is similar quality and if this last anything close to that it's worth it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #4632
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I found what I was looking for today, tried to buy from Trail but they didn't have stock and what they did have stock on I couldn't get until next week.

Johnstones BBQ, found a nice Napoleon I'm picking up tomorrow and this house we bought has a Natural gas hookup outside so looking forward to no more fucking around with propane. I never thought I'd spend this much on a BBQ but fuck it my last Weber lasted 11 years and was still working when I got rid of it, this is similar quality and if this last anything close to that it's worth it.
What model did you get, we have a natural gas hookup at our place looking into getting a BBQ before the summer.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #4633

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
What model did you get, we have a natural gas hookup at our place looking into getting a BBQ before the summer.
Napoleon Prestige 500

This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #4634

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Love my Napoleon Prestige 500RSIB. They're the built in Canada line. I use it heavily and you really get what you pay for. They changed the rotisserie burner to the infrared style in the newer models, which I wish I had. The infrared side burner is awesome too.

Wish I had natural gas though, she's thirsty. Napoleon doesn't make conversion kits, so that's shitty. Between the Grill, Fire Pit and Patio Heater I go through a LOT of propane.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions

Last edited by Great68; 05-05-2020 at 04:44 PM.
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2020, 08:12 PM   #4635
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
What a fagget.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #4636
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,849 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post

Finally

SHOP LOCAL - Johnstones is family owned and operated in north van (they have a surrey store too). I haven't been in the the last few months - I'm curious to see if they've seen a good bump w more and more people cooking at home.

This is what "being all together in this" means. I just wish there was a mechanism that encouraged, or even rewarded people for spending government covid cash in their direct communities.

fuk box stores & amazon - 99% of the things you get from them you could be buying from somebody who actually lives in your neighbourhood.

(PS my Napoleon is awesome - you'll love it)
(PPS - I'm not pooping on Trail - although i guarantee you will get better service from Johnstones)
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2020, 02:42 AM   #4637
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
What is with meat packing plants and why are they such hotbeds for Covid19 transmission? If virus can spread like wildfire to other employees, can you imagine the kind of germs that get onto the meat?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:18 AM   #4638

That’s why you cook meat.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:33 AM   #4639
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 77 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
What is with meat packing plants and why are they such hotbeds for Covid19 transmission? If virus can spread like wildfire to other employees, can you imagine the kind of germs that get onto the meat?
Lets say. You shop at a Super Market for a Protein. The butcher/meat dept will process it further and they drop that piece of protein on the floor and place it into the Styrofoam tray. You buy it. All comes down to how you cook it.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #4640

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Buy meats from respected processors and butchers.
I may have missed something but I’ve only seen producers that sell bottom of the barrel products and therefore can be expected to have bottom of the barrel safety standards, that have had any outbreaks
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #4641
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Buy meats from respected processors and butchers.
I may have missed something but I’ve only seen producers that sell bottom of the barrel products and therefore can be expected to have bottom of the barrel safety standards, that have had any outbreaks
lilydale has an outbreak too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:17 AM   #4642

The outbreaks in these places have more to do with the working styles and environment than cleanliness or operation standards imo.

I live right by the initial Chicken factory that had the first outbreak and I’ve walked by it numerous times during different times (shift changes, lunch, etc) these are huge buildings but they also have a shit load of people working there. Their lunch room is big but occasionally when I’ve walked by and they have been having lunch there’s probably 100-200 people in a 800sq ft lunch room.

Also, as it’s been discussed on the news, Filipino people have seemingly been disproportionately effected by this virus as many work in long term health care, industrial processing, etc. And many families probably work across these industries. From what I saw whenever I walked by this chicken factory again it seemed like mostly Filipino people working there. You have a relative or wife working in a care home and you work in the chicken factory it’s kind of a perfect storm
Old 05-06-2020, 08:32 AM   #4643

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
lilydale has an outbreak too
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...635349743.html
Article from 2017 about Lilydale standards and practices for animal welfare. Unless drastic changes have been made, I’d say that reinforces my statement.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #4644
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Just another random murder suicide
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ials-1.4927091

Quote:
A University of Pittsburgh professor on the verge of making "very significant findings" researching COVID-19, according to the university, was shot and killed in an apparent murder-suicide over the weekend, police said.

The research assistant professor, identified as Bing Liu, was found in his townhouse Saturday with gunshot wounds to the head, neck, torso and extremities, according to the Ross Police Department.

Investigators believe an unidentified second man, who was found dead in his car, shot and killed Liu in his home before returning to his car and taking his own life.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:22 AM   #4645
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Check this out ... Railtown Memphis BBQ $99 package.

https://railtowncatering.ca/memphis-in-may-bbq-package/

MENU – $99

35-hour Texas Style Beef Brisket
Applewood Smoked Pork Shoulder
Beer Brined Maple Hill Farms Chicken
D’Original Sausage Haus Brats
Corn on the Cob
Jalapeno Corn Bread
Carolina Cole Slaw
Creamy Potato Salad
Railtown Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #4646

Railtown is dope. They bake our bread when we don’t have the time to. Really good people, and good food.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #4647
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ay-6-1.5556699

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2020, 02:56 PM   #4648
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
France found a patient that had Covid-19 back in late December. SARS-CoV-2 may have been floating around weeks or maybe even months before anyone knew about it.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...mber-1.4924548
Old 05-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #4649
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
The province is taking a guideline based approach which is probably best.

Lots of people have been breaking the protocols and gathering with friends and families in enclosed spaces for weeks. If there was going to be a spike in cases, it would have already happened by now. Or ten of thousands are asymptomatic.

There's going to be a huge backlog for personal care services such as dentists, physiotherapists, and hair salons. I've been wanting to go the dentist for weeks.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #4650
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Damn, and after I just gave myself a haircut on Friday. I guess I could have waited a bit longer.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: