REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:31 PM   #5026
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I went to go get tested for COVID, but the test came back negative. It may have been a false negative. I've never had a flu last this long.

I've had a fever for almost 2 weeks, and lost 10lbs. I'm already a pinner. The first 5 days, my fever was a high (104.1F). I experienced fatigue, bad chills, and aches. My fever broke, but it still came back at 102.5F. I spent another 4 days with that. On Friday, it finally dropped below 100F. I also got my appetite back. Now, I'm waiting for the fever to completely go away. Today is the most normal I've felt in a long time.

Thank God, my wife didn't experience the severity of symptoms I had. She only had fatigue and a sore throat that came and went.

I have no idea where I picked up this illness, but I suspect it was at the Wendy's drive-thru a week prior to my symptoms. The one by the hwy 1 exit in Langley had zero-COVID protections at that time. No plexi-glass, no masks. The kitchen packed with employees.
Or was it just a really bad case of food poisoning from Wendy's? Did you have symptoms like coughing or shortness of breath?

And bruh, BK > Wendy's, just saying.
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #5027
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
BK in Langley is ghetto.

I know food poisoning from experience, and that wasn't it. Symptoms as previously listed.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:46 PM   #5028
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
I moved last month and have been waiting patiently to go back to ikea. I checked their websites to see if they’re open yet, and NO! The rest of Canada is all open but BC/AB remains closed.

Fucking excuse me?? You open up the east but keep the west closed? Number of cases are...

Bc ~2500
AB ~6000
ON ~25,000
QB ~50,000

How could IKEA think opening those provinces was okay but not bc/ab???
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #5029
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I moved last month and have been waiting patiently to go back to ikea. I checked their websites to see if they’re open yet, and NO! The rest of Canada is all open but BC/AB remains closed.

Fucking excuse me?? You open up the east but keep the west closed? Number of cases are...

Bc ~2500
AB ~6000
ON ~25,000
QB ~50,000

By posting those figures, you just explained why BC and AB are closed. It's working.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:41 PM   #5030
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,826 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Order your shit from IKEA inline and pick it up.

IKEA is like a hotbed for germs everyone and their mother touching literally everything, their return policy is excellent if you build something and it doesn’t work, return it.

Don’t see the need to go in
Old 05-31-2020, 05:04 PM   #5031
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Local Ikeas are now doing curbside pickup. The spots fill quickly, so you have to order your stuff at midnight each day to confirm your spot two days in advance. $5 flat fee for curbside pickup service.

I ordered some stuff on Thursday at midnight and got a pickup time on Saturday morning. It was a smooth pickup and I got my items within 5 minutes of texting the dedicated pickup line.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2020, 05:13 PM   #5032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Order your shit from IKEA inline and pick it up.

IKEA is like a hotbed for germs everyone and their mother touching literally everything, their return policy is excellent if you build something and it doesn’t work, return it.

Don’t see the need to go in
Last time I checked Curbside was also shut down. Online only with minimum shipping being $60 lol eff that
Old 05-31-2020, 06:01 PM   #5033

Curb side has been open for the last 3 weeks at least because my brother in law and his dad have a contracting company that use a lot of IKEA and they’ve been using them for at least the last 3 last I spoke with them
Old 06-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #5034

Went to Parallel 49 for a beer after walk last night, Jesus Christ this shit is wack af... fucking prison visitation

Many, many places are going to fail because of the regulations they need to follow. I believe P49 can have 80+ people in this space normally. They did a great job and have good procedures for their space but have fun smaller breweries etc. That rely on tasting rooms. I know of at least 5-6 in East Van that won’t be able to have more than 6 ppl at a time now.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:22 PM   #5035
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
I went to dead frog brewery. It's weird.
1) please don't work around, just stay in your seat and look at the board above instead of coming up to the tilt.

2) Table is 20 ft long, 6 ft portion to seat 5 of us, 6 ft on the other end for 5 more, the 8 ft between is neutral, we will hand off food here and you can pass the food / drinks down yourself to your party.

3) we will only serve you one side only, you can distribute within your group.

It's really weird but hey... i understands things aren't back to normal.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:29 PM   #5036

So presumabely things will be like this until either A) they figure enough people either have it or have built up immunity to it that people can be in closer contact with strangers

or B) There's a vaccine.

Have fun restaurants.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #5037
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,579 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
I walked around Pacific Center on Saturday. Nordstorm doesn't look like to have a capacity limit, tho not that many people in it anyway. Jack and Jones had a 8 person capacity limit. Lululemon had a huge line outside of it, "if you need help we're only a hockey stick away".

The Keg on Dunsmir, Cactus Club in Richmond, Earls at Station Square, and Chambar, are all by reservation only. But I think True Confections takes walk in, either that or it's dead. I did not notice a COVID surcharge, but it also wasn't a cheap weekend.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #5038
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,430 Times in 485 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
went costco richmond on sunday at 330pm, was a mistake.
There was basically no wait to get in, and once inside there was pretty much zero social distancing with anyone in there. Was packed like pre covid.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #5039
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So presumabely things will be like this until either A) they figure enough people either have it or have built up immunity to it that people can be in closer contact with strangers

or B) There's a vaccine.

Have fun restaurants.
Yeah realistically, like I said before at this rate 90% of restaurants in Canada will go under.
The other 10% will have to double their prices.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #5040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
There was basically no wait to get in, and once inside there was pretty much zero social distancing with anyone in there. Was packed like pre covid.
Call richmond bylaws and report them. If places are choosing profit over safety they deserves to be reported and inspected. Bylaw officers have shown up there time and time again and clearly nothing’s been done
Old 06-01-2020, 03:24 PM   #5041

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yeah realistically, like I said before at this rate 90% of restaurants in Canada will go under.
Yea I didn’t really think about it too much in terms of the reduction in clientele but man it’s gonna be tough

Imo places like P48 need to institute seating times based on purchase. We waited for about 10 minutes to get in while there were multiple tables still sitting with no food or beer in front of them, just chilling chatting.

I know some pubs and whatnot like Woody’s, Jimmy macs etc have a huge benefit in their design and layout because they have already segregated rooms built in, so it’s far easier to have more people within their establishments
Old 06-01-2020, 03:37 PM   #5042
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 8 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post

Bc ~2500
AB ~6000
ON ~25,000
QB ~50,000

Richmond and Coquitlam locations are reopening today.
S1 S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2020, 06:35 PM   #5043
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
I stopped by Superstore today and it looks like there is no need for lines anymore, once you step inside and leave to purchase your food. There isn't a need to be directed to a cashier. Just stickers telling you to maintain 6 feet apart. Feels like things are starting to relax as we get used to social distancing.

A lot of people not wearing a masks though.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #5044
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
His hard work and long hours aren't all bad. He's got a nice car to drive home at the end of the day.
Some long nights it's the fun drive home that keeps me sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Damn Obsideon is from Daimasu? That was my go-to sushi spot in Richmond back in the day!
Yeah it was our family business. Good times lol ... I think we were one of the first places to introduce happy hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I went to go get tested for COVID, but the test came back negative. It may have been a false negative. I've never had a flu last this long.

I've had a fever for almost 2 weeks, and lost 10lbs. I'm already a pinner. The first 5 days, my fever was a high (104.1F). I experienced fatigue, bad chills, and aches. My fever broke, but it still came back at 102.5F. I spent another 4 days with that. On Friday, it finally dropped below 100F. I also got my appetite back. Now, I'm waiting for the fever to completely go away. Today is the most normal I've felt in a long time.

Thank God, my wife didn't experience the severity of symptoms I had. She only had fatigue and a sore throat that came and went.

I have no idea where I picked up this illness, but I suspect it was at the Wendy's drive-thru a week prior to my symptoms. The one by the hwy 1 exit in Langley had zero-COVID protections at that time. No plexi-glass, no masks. The kitchen packed with employees.
It's a scary time and everyone is paranoid once sick. Praying for quick recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
I went to Costco for the first time since February last week. Monday at 2pm, a short line to get in. Once inside though it's exactly as you described, zero distancing and crowded aisles. Random coughs here and there. Felt like I was playing paintball and trying to dodge landmines at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Talking to some peers in the industry it's pretty bleak for a lot of restaurants. Also 99% of the clubs are going to be gone by the time we are stabilized, whenever that is. Would be a funny sight to see some dude trying to grind a chick from 6ft away haha.

I guess it's a good opportunity for new spots to open right away as there will be almost no competition, $35 Jagerbombs anyone?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #5045
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I'll be going out to sit in a restaurant for the first time tonight. Looking forward to it. I'll report with how it was.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2020, 09:41 PM   #5046
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 286 Times in 94 Posts
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #5047
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,571 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
the minecraft look
everyone's Steve!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #5048
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
my favorite indian place in coquitlam opened up last night for take out....god it was good

also got pho for the first time on saturday....so good

also sat in for the first time at a restaurant at the keg on sunday.....half capacity or less, actually kind of nice it wasn't so loud. unfortunately my steak sucked
blkgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #5049
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
cautiously looking to see if there's any spike in cases by next week before dining-in later this month

ikea richmond showroom and checkout was fine but marketplace was difficult to distance and this was with a short line-up by the entrance

anyone returning to gym already? how's the booking system working out?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #5050
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
RIP Westopher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: