REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:52 PM   #5201
I don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Been out in public since the beggining bro, essentially my job to come in contact with strangers.. and company has done very little to properly address the risks

maybe im super immune now
Ultimately one has the responsibility and ability to prevent the transmission of this virus in most cases, staying at home or not. But people can be quick to judge these days.

Not to take away from our frontline workers, but the majority of the society seem to have forgotten about the people who have been going to work, providing essential services and keeping our world going since day one. People who may have their wage reduced, with little PPE support, receive no government subsidies or perks from businesses, or recognition from the public. Yet they are also the same ones who can be dealing directly with healthcare workers on a daily basis. Many real life heroes hide in plain sight, but deserve respect and appreciation all the same.
Advertisement

Last edited by JL9000; 06-17-2020 at 07:58 PM.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #5202
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #5203
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If any country is going to relax their Stay-At-Home orders, they are going to need to implement compulsory mask wearing.
Update to this

California Gov. Newsom Makes Face Masks Mandatory Amid Rising Coronavirus Cases

Florida Keys requiring face masks until June 2021
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #5204

11 confirmed cases with NHL players so far

Old 06-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #5205
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,826 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
So amid the North American stats the most important stat we need to know is hospitalizations and critical cases. Are they the same percentage of hospitalization as before? Or are they now manageable as things remain open. No one seems to go out of their way to report those defined statistics.

I listened to part of the Joe Rogan and Bill Burr podcast today and joe basically said that if you’re wearing a mask you’re a bitch lol..
Old 06-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #5206
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
Lol such a crappy opinion from Joe Rogan guest
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #5207

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Lol such a crappy opinion from Joe Rogan guest
Actually the guest was one of the few who confronted Joe on this. Joe is the one saying masks are for "bitches"

I only listen in audio form, but seeing Joe turn into a literal troll while saying that is one of the creepier images I've seen in a while. He looks like pink Shrek.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2020, 04:45 PM   #5208
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
So... we’re not opening the border any time soon right? I sure hope not. Cases in the US is absolutely frightening
Old 06-19-2020, 05:33 PM   #5209
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
they should open to existing nexus holders with mandatory same day testing

makes no sense flights are okay or letting some americans through to Alaska
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #5210
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
So... we’re not opening the border any time soon right? I sure hope not. Cases in the US is absolutely frightening
Recently extended closure to July 21
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:53 PM   #5211
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Should be until the end of the year. Stop with this pussyfooting monthly extensions. Keep those idiots out.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:41 PM   #5212
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Actually the guest was one of the few who confronted Joe on this. Joe is the one saying masks are for "bitches"

https://youtu.be/tSKVXl-WnrA

I only listen in audio form, but seeing Joe turn into a literal troll while saying that is one of the creepier images I've seen in a while. He looks like pink Shrek.
This is the first I've watched/listened to anything from him in ages and... wow. People actually listen to this guy on a regular basis?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #5213

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This is the first I've watched/listened to anything from him in ages and... wow. People actually listen to this guy on a regular basis?
Not so much since Coronavirus, no

He was never this bad, except on a few issues and when trying to be "funny". Now he has gone from humiliating Trump, to tolerating him, to now defending him. It's been insane to watch over the last 6 months (holy fuck coronavirus has been here for over 6 months)

(holy fuck it's almost July)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #5214

And the only reason EU is as high as it is, is because of Sweden
Old 06-19-2020, 08:44 PM   #5215
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Feels like it’s been forever to me. Worked 28/31 days in January and it just hasn’t stopped. Just finished another 11-consecutive day stint that included 2 doubles and another 4 overtime shifts.

June 26 can’t come fast enough. I work five 3-day weeks between then and the end of September.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2020, 09:58 PM   #5216
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,536 Times in 1,724 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
June 19th closed out with 33,500 cases in the US. This is their highest number since May 1st (36,000).

Brazil has also surpassed 1mil cases at a tremendous pace.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #5217

Brazil has already surpassed Italy and Spain combined in deaths. Remember when we were freaking out about those two countries?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2020, 10:42 PM   #5218
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
desensitized
remember when they announced the first death outside of China?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:04 AM   #5219
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:

https://youtu.be/tSKVXl-WnrA

What's Joe's angle anyways? Props to Bill for pushing back on him, most guests seem to be afraid to call him out on his bullshit, his online troll fans are real

I listen to clips of his podcast on YT from time to time, and he's really pushing this whole skepticism angle for a while now, it's very odd.

My assumption is a lot of it has to do with his involvement with the UFC, and his other investments that are likely being affected by the lock down itself? Everyone has an angle.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:59 PM   #5220

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What's Joe's angle anyways? Props to Bill for pushing back on him, most guests seem to be afraid to call him out on his bullshit, his online troll fans are real

I listen to clips of his podcast on YT from time to time, and he's really pushing this whole skepticism angle for a while now, it's very odd.

My assumption is a lot of it has to do with his involvement with the UFC, and his other investments that are likely being affected by the lock down itself? Everyone has an angle.
It absolutely started turning around when UFC was pushing hard to start doing shows again. He went from "Dana is gangsta for doing this, I'm just observing" to straight up becoming a denier.

Remember Dana is VERY close to trump, just not as publicly. He is a straight up MAGA prick and a Trump toadie. That might explain Joe's change on his Trump stance as well.

They are all probably in the same circle of friends... Joe's weird ultra conservative huntin' pals and Navy SEALS he hires as security. Totally different group from his comedy friends, who he probably hasn't been able to spend much time with aside from texts.

I mean to each their own, but this guy's reach is immense, and he has a large following of impressionable, confused young boys who worship him. The "Oprah for bros" joke is done to death, but it's pretty much true. He seems to be leaning more into the conservative side, with his "I'm actually very liberal" becoming more like pandering than actual truth.

I rarely listen anymore, going from almost never missing a show. There's someone who recaps each show on reddit, and it's been very useful in choosing which ones to skip. You can read the recap and know exactly how the 2-3 hours went. Saves a lot of time
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #5221

Quote:
Miami sees new record for daily cases every day for the past 3 days

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/stat...37143984492544
Last week they set a new record for daily cases at 2000, then 3000

Today they set a new record for daily cases at 4000

Old 06-20-2020, 04:36 PM   #5222
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Failed 807 Times in 194 Posts
ugh, I have to fly down to California for work in October COVID or no COVID.....hopefully they get a grip on shit by then
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #5223
I STILL don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joe Rogan: "real men take chances"
Also Joe Rogan: tests every guests for coronavirus

I haven't consistently listened to him in ages. He's become the Trump of podcasts. It's hard to listen to him anymore. Glad he got trolled by Bill.
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2020, 07:06 PM   #5224
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I laughed out loud when Bill said “oh yah you’re really fuckin manly over there Joe with your open face holes. That’s a real man right there” hahaha fuck you Rogan, turned into such a sanctimonious prick
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #5225
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
It absolutely started turning around when UFC was pushing hard to start doing shows again. He went from "Dana is gangsta for doing this, I'm just observing" to straight up becoming a denier.

Remember Dana is VERY close to trump, just not as publicly. He is a straight up MAGA prick and a Trump toadie. That might explain Joe's change on his Trump stance as well.

They are all probably in the same circle of friends... Joe's weird ultra conservative huntin' pals and Navy SEALS he hires as security. Totally different group from his comedy friends, who he probably hasn't been able to spend much time with aside from texts.

I mean to each their own, but this guy's reach is immense, and he has a large following of impressionable, confused young boys who worship him. The "Oprah for bros" joke is done to death, but it's pretty much true. He seems to be leaning more into the conservative side, with his "I'm actually very liberal" becoming more like pandering than actual truth.

I rarely listen anymore, going from almost never missing a show. There's someone who recaps each show on reddit, and it's been very useful in choosing which ones to skip. You can read the recap and know exactly how the 2-3 hours went. Saves a lot of time
This is what I'm most concerned about. His young impressionable fans. My white nephews listen to his podcast, and I chat to younger guys in their early 20s at my gym that love his podcasts.

They all seem to parrot the same ideas -- Anti-political correctness, SJWs, how "left" universities are, transgender hyperbole, feminism sucks, men are being attacked, Trump isn't that bad, all of Joe's regular talking points.

My question to them is always the same, explain to me how these topics are the most important thing going on right now? How much have these topics directly affected you? Do you think these topics are more important than the economical and policy specific issues that are far more pernicious in your day-to-day life?

That's usually when the light turns on to some degree. It isn't a councidence that he surrounds himself with those creeps that call themselves the "Intellectual Dark Web", and why he pushes their agenda on a regular basis on his podcast. I've seen interviews where he will literally change the topic to whine about "Antifa" or how Berkeley is too lefty

Joe carries a lot of power and influence with his podcast, I just wished his younger followers were more keen to his agenda, and to not necessarily take this Fear Factor host's opinion as the gospel.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: