REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:34 AM   #5576
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,239 Times in 425 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
Friend works for a cell phone provider. The day they announced 5G was going live, she already had people calling saying 5G was causing migraines and headaches. The callers didn't even live in a 5G area.

People are dumb.
Advertisement
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #5577
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
They also exist in Canada. They had a convention in Calgary last year.
so do they use google maps when they drive? One wrong turn and they could fall off the earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #5578
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Friend works for a cell phone provider. The day they announced 5G was going live, she already had people calling saying 5G was causing migraines and headaches. The callers didn't even live in a 5G area.

People are dumb.
People also confuse 5 GHZ wifi and 5G.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:42 AM   #5579
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
They also exist in Canada. They had a convention in Calgary last year.
Just go to the diner in hope (rolly’s restaurant). They have a plaque on the wall stating their belief in a flat earth
Old 07-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #5580

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/7195268/c...ti-mask-rally/

Masks causes cancer? When did Vancouver become part of the US?
Isn't there a mental health act that normally covers these kinds of people?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:10 PM   #5581
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
I don't think I've seen a single cop wear a mask since Coronas has started. I guess they some how are immune too or they just sit around and do vis all day
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 01:52 PM   #5582
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Just go to the diner in hope (rolly’s restaurant). They have a plaque on the wall stating their belief in a flat earth
Funny story, we stopped there during a drive and while the rest of us paid by card, the slightly Chinese-accented friend paid by cash. As the waitress was giving her change, she asked her whether "her money" came in different colours too.

Said friend has been living here for 15+ years
Old 07-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #5583
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post

People are dumb.
You don’t know the half of it.

I’m fairly well versed on the technology and whatnot but even the most basic search would yield you with the info that 5G is essentially the same wave length distributed by any modern router in your home. People put routers besides their kids beds and don’t bat an eye but 5G causes covid. (5G also, for the most part stands for 5th generation and not some sinister wave length!)

The only legitimate argument you may have with 5G is that in order to adequately distribute such a tight band of frequency you will need big time tower coverage VS a wider band such as 3G and even LTE with fewer towers.

I’ve had people tell me while at work that they are moving to Cuba because “They are too poor to afford 5G”

Old 07-20-2020, 02:32 PM   #5584
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
102 new cases this past weekend

oh ok
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #5585

100 new cases with no deaths and fewer hospitalizations.

Honestly unless the number snowballs to 300-500 a day I don’t see the province stepping back in their opening. That’s the tone I get from Bonnie Henry at least. I think there is a bit of a realization that if you can track cases and keep people from having to go tithe hospital it’s somewhat controllable.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #5586
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 99 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Honestly unless the number snowballs to 300-500 a day I don’t see the province stepping back in their opening. That’s the tone I get from Bonnie Henry at least. I think there is a bit of a realization that if you can track cases and keep people from having to go tithe hospital it’s somewhat controllable.
Even at 300-500 detected per day i cant see the province/country taking a step back. Government has received so much backlash and crap from people for closing businesses.

Maybe at 300-500 deaths per week they'll consider, and people will fucking realize that a fucking haircut isn't that important after all.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 03:07 PM   #5587
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
A lot of 'sects' of these conspiracy theorists overlay one another...A large percentage of anti-vaxxers are also anti-5G, who are also into essential oils and all that, who also believe the earth is flat, who also believe the illuminati/zionist/nwo is trying to control everyone through gates/soros.

Unfortunately a large percentage of them are also hardcore republicans who truly believe Trump is doing a good job, and again a large percentage of them are hardcore bible-thumpers (I won't call them Christians because they are absolutely nothing like what Jesus taught). They're also the racists who refuse to say BLM but instead aLl LiVeS mATtEr.

And they are the ones who think covid is a hoax and refuse to wear a mark because mUh FrEeDum!!

Obviously not everyone is all of the above but it's undeniable that too many uneducated people claim membership in many if not all the categories above...and these dumdums are collectively a true cancer on our society. Not because their opinions, or their refusal to believe in empirical science, but because as others have stated the age we live in has given them a real voice, and stupid people are unfortunately the loudest.

There's an actual term for this phenomenon - although the actual name eludes me - it theorizes uneducated (ie. stupid) people have a far likelihood of believing one or more conspiracy theories because in their minds, they can finally be 'smarter' than the rest of society because only they can see the actual truth. smh.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #5588
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
Isn't there a group of people in the states who believed the earth is flat???

Well knowing that, I'm really not surprised that it is out of control in the US now
Just look no further than that fucking wackjob flat earthing chemtrail Bikram Yoga studio owner (Mak Parhar)

https://www.delta-optimist.com/news/...mic-1.24114132

https://globalnews.ca/news/6708965/d...o-coronavirus/
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:24 PM   #5589
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
There's an actual term for this phenomenon - although the actual name eludes me - it theorizes uneducated (ie. stupid) people have a far likelihood of believing one or more conspiracy theories because in their minds, they can finally be 'smarter' than the rest of society because only they can see the actual truth. smh.
It's called the Dunning–Kruger effect

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #5590

If you’re “in” on one conspiracy theory, you’re in on multiple.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #5591
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Yeah they seem to want to downplay the weekend #s just wagging their finger and saying "Becareful" they're going to allow it to skyrocket
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #5592
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

I hope they're paying attention to every country that tries to relax restrictions, because almost every time they do, things go back to peak levels. Japan seems to be excluded

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #5593
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,849 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah they seem to want to downplay the weekend #s just wagging their finger and saying "Becareful" they're going to allow it to skyrocket
"allow it" ?

it's 100% up to the population of this province to decide it's own fate at this point.

The BC government had taken this stance since the beginning (and thankfully so). I think that it's very unlikely they will change that direction even if we trend upwards. She might not say it, but I'd say we're exactly where BH thought we would be after "reopening".

We flattened the curve, reduced the load on hospitals, allowed for time to stock up on the needed equipment and supplies, and ideally shortened the time from full outbreak to a workable treatment/vaccine.

We're going to see a lot of people with the virus - that is inevitable.

Dare I ask - what more do you want from your government at this point?

Last edited by The Producer; 07-20-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added the quoted post
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #5594
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
Make masks mandatory in any indoor space. Grocery shopping sometimes feels like playing Russian roulette with the amount of people in such close proximity and the amount of people without fucking masks on.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #5595
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
just shop at Costco and tnt where they force coverings
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #5596
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
US Costco perhaps, Canadian Costco masks are *not* mandatory for shoppers. But free ones are handed out (as well as face shields) so you’d have to be a real cunt not to wear one
Old 07-20-2020, 06:59 PM   #5597
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
"allow it" ?

Enforcement of restrictions
more stringent restrictions, such as mask requirements, I'd also leave nightclubs/bars closed, restrict hours of bars at the least (less ppl would be prone to getting shit faced and acting a fool if they can't do it late night)

Right now the attitude is we'll let bars/nightclubs/factories deal with it (lookin the other way to social distancing guidelines) and if it becomes a problem we'll try to track everyone, and deal with it, that is essentially closing the barn door after the horses bolted
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2020, 07:11 PM   #5598
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
"allow it" ?

it's 100% up to the population of this province to decide it's own fate at this point.

The BC government had taken this stance since the beginning (and thankfully so). I think that it's very unlikely they will change that direction even if we trend upwards. She might not say it, but I'd say we're exactly where BH thought we would be after "reopening".

We flattened the curve, reduced the load on hospitals, allowed for time to stock up on the needed equipment and supplies, and ideally shortened the time from full outbreak to a workable treatment/vaccine.

We're going to see a lot of people with the virus - that is inevitable.

I would recommend copying what Hong Kong is doing

Do this for 2 weeks:

-Compulsory masks in ALL indoor public spaces
-Closure of indoor businesses that have close contact with people. Gyms, hair dressers, tattooers, etc. HK has some niche categories like karaoke, mahjong, but anything that is similar should be closed for two weeks to prevent another outbreak.
-Restaurants take-out only (HK is after 6pm only, but IMO this should apply all day)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:22 PM   #5599

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Up here IH seems to have been slow as hell doing contact tracing and now there's news articles left right and center about restaurants having customers or employees testing positive (from the restaurants themselves, bot from IH) and restaurant staff complaining about customers breaking the rules. Based on that it seems like it should be take out only now.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #5600
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Some businesses have gotten pretty lax (my pharmacy, which is like ... wtf? You actually expect sick people to come in and out). Home Depot is like there’s no pandemic happening. Canadian Tire was a little better. Best Buy had a greeter at the door and employees were wearing masks, but not really controlled once inside. Bank of Montreal and Royal Bank have things locked down pretty well.

I’ve eaten at a few restaurants (Cactus Club, White Spot, Mr. Mike’s) and they were all pretty good. Cactus Club was definitely the best when it came to spacing, sanitizer, and masks. Most of the non-chain restaurants I’ve tried to go to either weren’t doing much of anything for precautions or were closed (permanently?), so I didn’t eat there.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote