REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #5651
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
I think those people are on my ignore like just like hehe and a few others. No loss to me.
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2020, 11:44 PM   #5652
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
is the delay with usps too?

is it better returning an item stuck in the US before shutdown then reorder shipped to canada or just get it forwarded?

the producer: it's not uncommon to not have the habit of wearing seatbelts outside of europe and north america
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:40 AM   #5653
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#

The Lone Star state slipped to number 3 in the nation after Florida pulled a sneaky and re-opened Disney World to bump up its numbers.

A lot of the rural communities still believe there is no threat, and although mask adoption has sharply risen; there are those who proudly deny the virus even exists.

I'm sure the COVID party death made the news up there. More stupidity to come too
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #5654
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I generally don’t watch his videos mostly his other acquaintances like Bald and Bankrupt but he’s one of the few still travelling around so it’s interesting to see
Just razzin ya, I've watched some of his videos myself, along with Tim K
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #5655

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
https://twitter.com/schaaptop/status...214155265?s=21

3rd beach! oh people

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #5656
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
At this point, it's hopeless.

It's pretty much impossible to tell everyone to stay isolated indoors and not crowd in public places when the weather is so nice.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #5657
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I am so beyond disappointed...
Everyone there reminds me of this champ
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #5658

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
At this point, it's hopeless.

It's pretty much impossible to tell everyone to stay isolated indoors and not crowd in public places when the weather is so nice.
TICKETS!!! TICKETS TO EVERYONE!!!

or like the chatime meet tonight. The Instagram post says “no 2 step, revving, burnouts” etc but no where does it suggest bring a mask. Last chatime I went to my friend and I were the only ones wearing masks, out of ~200ppl crowded around cars...
Old 07-22-2020, 01:33 PM   #5659
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
I was walking my dog at the park behind Edmond's community center and that park was packed. The water park area was packed. All the parking spots were full.

Just waiting for another outbreak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:43 PM   #5660
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
How many outbreaks have been caused by large outdoor gatherings thus far? Seem to recall outrage since April about people gathering in parks and beaches. Shouldn't we be more worried about house parties and bars? You know, places were it's proven it spreads like wildfire?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #5661
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
How many outbreaks have been caused by large outdoor gatherings thus far? Seem to recall outrage since April about people gathering in parks and beaches. Shouldn't we be more worried about house parties and bars? You know, places were it's proven it spreads like wildfire?
Really, I think all the same. Being out and about like the pandemic is over leads to people lowering their guard which really is the biggest risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 03:05 PM   #5662

another unannounced media coverage

34 new cases
~1000 self-isolating right now due to Kelowna gatherings
new rules for bars/nightclubs

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...y-22-1.5656611
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #5663
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
We were at Third Beach yesterday afternoon, early evening.

I might get failed for this, but I'm not quite sure what people expect here? We didn't join the festivities, but I've been going down to drum circle for a decade now. Once the drummers get going, people on the beach congregate to either watch, or dance. It's in our innate nature to dance, so when people hear the music, that's what ends up happening.

It's tough, I get people need to stay apart, but that type of atmosphere can be infectious for people.

Until the police are actively handing out tickets with ramifications (which they won't), you shouldn't be surprised to see these scenes.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #5664
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Maybe the organizers and performers could be more responsible and just cancel the event?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 04:23 PM   #5665
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Not a mask in sight with that crowd o hippies

At least they're closing bars earlier now
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:36 PM   #5666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
We were at Third Beach yesterday afternoon, early evening.

I might get failed for this, but I'm not quite sure what people expect here? We didn't join the festivities, but I've been going down to drum circle for a decade now. Once the drummers get going, people on the beach congregate to either watch, or dance. It's in our innate nature to dance, so when people hear the music, that's what ends up happening.

It's tough, I get people need to stay apart, but that type of atmosphere can be infectious for people.

Until the police are actively handing out tickets with ramifications (which they won't), you shouldn't be surprised to see these scenes.
Weird hey?! There’s this other infectious thing I’ve heard about too. Slips my mind though
Old 07-22-2020, 04:42 PM   #5667
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Drum circles and Cerbs go hand in hand
Old 07-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #5668
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
is the delay with usps too?
FedEx just got me a package from So Cal in a day, I'm not sure what level of shipping was selected though.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #5669
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Drum circles and Cerbs go hand in hand
sorry this made me chuckle...

side note, dr henry is so calm on TV even when discussing 3rd beach and everything her composure and restraint...

she really needs an anger translator, like luther to obama or michael blackson to manny pacquiao

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 08:40 PM   #5670
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Just go back and read the thread... He wanted to be banned back then, but I didn't get around to it. If people ask for a ban, I usually oblige. That is literally the only time I ban people besides spam bots. Last night he came back with the same shit again, and I remembered the ban and placed it.

If I remember incorrectly I apologize. Honestly we have little need for shitposters these days, the community just isn't big enough for that. Again it doesn't matter what your job is, if you're going to troll the thread over and over, you don't belong here. Go do that on reddit.

Even Hehe in the George Floyd thread isn't as bad as this guy... I mean he may never learn but I don't think he's actively trying to cause conflict.

As for his post, he came in calling this place a "shithole" and then incorrectly stated that there aren't varying viral load levels, and incorrectly stated that you are either infected or not infected. It's actually one of the main focuses of research right now, since viral load seems to be correlated to level of contagiousness, but not actually level of sickness one feels. In other words, the people with the highest viral loads are those who are asymptomatic. Just google it if you want to know more.

He then said the reason there are so many people getting sick is because we're doing a lot of testing, he praised Donald Trump and said we should stop testing so much.

It's the same shit as before. Absolute blatant trolling, trying to poison the well, and using appeal to authority fallacy despite getting humiliated over and over again in this thread. In other words, if he wasn't a troll, he would never want to come back anyway.

But if enough people see value in his shitposts, I guess I can't argue with the majority for too long. I bet I could list the 5 or 6 people who'd want that kind of shit here anyway... Then again maybe that's the majority by this point
Given your tendency to, almost exclusively, censor posts that have argued against your point of view, I'm calling bullshit on this excuse.
I highly doubt you'd have banned him if he was making the same argument with another member.

Great way to shed members from the already dwindling stock left and reaffirm his first statement.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #5671
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Given your tendency to, almost exclusively, censor posts that have argued against your point of view, I'm calling bullshit on this excuse.
I highly doubt you'd have banned him if he was making the same argument with another member.

Great way to shed members from the already dwindling stock left and reaffirm his first statement.
I have only ever censored posts that break the NSFW rules. I even went out of my way to start a thread to put the censored posts in. I have censored both well intentioned posts, and obvious troll/dog whistle posts all the same, just because I don't want NSFW stuff in the main forum.

You are one of the 5, so I am not too worried about it. The others continuously attack me, fail stalk me, and make shit up about me. That's the trouble when someone is so against someone else that they literally start making stuff up. Some people start believing it to be true.

I used to argue about it, but not anymore. Tired of all the negativity. Hehe's post are troubling to me, and actually make me upset that people think like he does. But I just don't engage. I don't censor him, I don't ban him, because while I think he is fundamentally wrong and incapable of learning, he's not actively trying to disrupt the forum and ruin things like the other troll was (or the other guy who was posting incredibly racist remarks).

So stay or leave, I'm not going to argue with you guys any more.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 10:47 PM   #5672
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
I support that there should be a line. However, the line must be clear and precise.

If the rule is mainly focus on NSFW and spamming, then stick to that and let everything else go.

This is RS for fuck sake. I don't think anyone is coming here for life advises and literally every member I can see here knows a thing or two about internet trolls and they have no problem identifying those.

Too often, we are willing to distort the truth for narrative. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe forum like RS exists for that purpose. I don't agree with some people here, but I still read their posts because it's always useful to get an insight of the other side. Posts that some might find intolerable to some might be fine to others. However, if you only allow one type of narrative to exist... there's no point of "discussion". The word by its definition is to exchange different ideas, pov, and opinions.

Not sure what twdm posted prior. But the last posts I saw was about his anecdotal experience in HK regarding the virus, which I find to be fine.

My point is... and a tl;Dr:
Argument is what makes forums like RS fun. If people stop arguing on here... it's no longer a forum... it's just a blog posting news and that's boring.

Last edited by Hehe; 07-22-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2020, 11:03 PM   #5673

our tart of a mayor

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rule-1.5659826
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2020, 04:43 AM   #5674
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
tbh I thought moonbeam was still mayor
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #5675
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
God he’s such a fucking clown.