REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #6851
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Have regular 40-50ppl meetings on Teams with no issues. Granted its usually only the 10 or so with video feed but technology really shouldn't be an excuse at this point.
Advertisement
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:16 PM   #6852
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Dr. Bonnie has to deal with some pretty stupid questions from people about the workplace.

She mentioned during today's Covid update that an employer asked her "Can I have an in person staff meeting of 12 people inside a room?".

Her two part answer was "Yes, if each person in that meeting can maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance between every person in that meeting".

"The bigger question is why do you need 12 people to attend an in person meeting?"

Do employers not use Zoom, MS Teams, or other technical solutions for video conference calls??

Dr. Bonnie said that she is really surprised that an employer asked her this question at this time.

Not a stupid question at all. Most of us working in live event industry that are holding on for dear life NEEDS clarification like this.

Yes yes, you can use technology to connect people but some meeting still needs to be conducted in person. Case in point union negotiation that for some reason needs to be conducted in person.

Business event have still been taking place for the past few month following the strict social distancing/cleaning guideline provided by the government. Many recurring event that has been book in advance are now facing the dilemma of whether their meeting now violates the new restriction.

This would determine how and if they can cancel without penalty.

Dr.Bonnie saying Business meeting is okay as longs you meet social distancing policy = if you cancel it is your decision. Full cancellation clause applies

Dr.Bonnie saying no to the same question means planner can claim force majeure and suddenly you have a way more lenient cancellation policy.

Bigger issue is Dr.Bonnie being surprise by this. Will not go well with the industry see as the live event industry have been basically push aside since the pandemic. We have been deem non-essential and never given the same type of attention for re-opening/revival of the industry compare to say restaurants and bars.

Vague wording and confusion by the government on why people are still meeting while following guideline provide by the government themselves is not helping the cause as all.

Last edited by threezero; 11-12-2020 at 04:28 PM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 04:41 PM   #6853
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Frankly it’s this type of language and the PC cultured associated that makes her messaging so ineffective.

So sorry, people who have been knowingly breaking the rules in private ARENT to blame? Ok
It's a sign of the times - whether you agree with PC or not if she were to come out and call out east indian people, or filipinos, or whatever, there will be such a big uproar it'll even further diminish her message.

You really have to understand, she has an absolutely shitty job right now.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:46 PM   #6854

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ we tried to have a 6 person webex meeting at work, basically our images crap out and you only see a grey screen
That's cause WebEx is crap LOL

I remember using it for my internship to communicate with Australia branch. What a mess

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #6855
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
It's a sign of the times - whether you agree with PC or not if she were to come out and call out east indian people, or filipinos, or whatever, there will be such a big uproar it'll even further diminish her message.
she almost kinda did though

Quote:
Dr. Bonnie Henry said the increase of cases in the South Asian community is mainly due to weddings and celebration-of-life events.
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/11...ian-community/

bit shocked to see SkinnyPupp fast to call out the whites though
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #6856

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
I see nothing wrong with calling the offenders out. This at the end of the day is a pandemic. They need to be way more transparent about who, where, when, rather than hiding what businesses or who in schools has been infected. Especially when they are so adamant on keeping them open.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #6857
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
I see nothing wrong with calling the offenders out. This at the end of the day is a pandemic. They need to be way more transparent about who, where, when, rather than hiding what businesses or who in schools has been infected. Especially when they are so adamant on keeping them open.
You do have to be careful, though. As we saw at the beginning of the outbreak, people of Asian descent were the targets of violence, harassment, racism, etc. because the virus originated in China.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #6858
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Oh I made fun of white people a few months ago, that means I'm racist and bring it up constantly

White people are such snowflakes
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #6859
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 14 Times in 8 Posts
I feel strongly about mandating masks as we've see from countries that are doing well. US CDC just published a study that masks not only prevents spreading the virus but also protecting the wearer from inhaling infectious droplets.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

Health and Human Services Secretary of the US came out on TV and said where they found at 1m if both people wearing masks, it can reduce viral transmission by 70% therefore protecting both the infected from spreading the virus and the wearer.

One thing Dr. Henry said today bothered me. A reporter asked what will she say to the business owners that are having difficulties enforcing mask wearing in their establishment because customers would say "Dr. Henry tells me I don't have to wear one so you can't force me to."
Dr. Henry replied that businesses need to include mask wearing in their covid safety plan which is more enforceable than her making it an order to wear a mask and it's an expectation to wear a mask in public indoor spaces in this province which people know.

Clearly the owner of these businesses have mandated mask wearing that's why they're hearing these comments and I've seen enough covid safety plans to say most require masks.
Dr. Henry did not answer the question but rather putting it back onto the business owners that are asking for her guidance.

fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 09:10 AM   #6860
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
^^ we tried to have a 6 person webex meeting at work, basically our images crap out and you only see a grey screen
Damn, maybe old version? At the start of Covid we upgraded our webex and I've had meetings up to like 90 people without issue.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:18 AM   #6861
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Old 11-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #6862
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Are there no standards requirements for things put on billboards here to be factual? Someone paid for space on a digital one here with "COVID: Is the cure worse than the disease?"
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #6863
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishCak3s View Post
I feel strongly about mandating masks as we've see from countries that are doing well. US CDC just published a study that masks not only prevents spreading the virus but also protecting the wearer from inhaling infectious droplets.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...sars-cov2.html

Health and Human Services Secretary of the US came out on TV and said where they found at 1m if both people wearing masks, it can reduce viral transmission by 70% therefore protecting both the infected from spreading the virus and the wearer.

One thing Dr. Henry said today bothered me. A reporter asked what will she say to the business owners that are having difficulties enforcing mask wearing in their establishment because customers would say "Dr. Henry tells me I don't have to wear one so you can't force me to."
Dr. Henry replied that businesses need to include mask wearing in their covid safety plan which is more enforceable than her making it an order to wear a mask and it's an expectation to wear a mask in public indoor spaces in this province which people know.

Clearly the owner of these businesses have mandated mask wearing that's why they're hearing these comments and I've seen enough covid safety plans to say most require masks.
Dr. Henry did not answer the question but rather putting it back onto the business owners that are asking for her guidance.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of this BS.

We need to mandate masks.

If there's a second lockdown, my life (and that of my household) will not change much. If your life changes drastically, you're the reason why there's a second lockdown.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2020, 09:39 AM   #6864
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
vancovuer sun article is estimating 2500 cases daily by december.. holy F.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #6865

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Honestly, I'm sick and tired of this BS.

We need to mandate masks.

If there's a second lockdown, my life (and that of my household) will not change much. If your life changes drastically, you're the reason why there's a second lockdown.
That's a pretty unfair statement to make. Not everyone can work remotely. Loss of job is a pretty fucking drastic life change.
I assume you didn't mean it that way, but a lockdown is a pretty drastic situation for people who are following the rules still, and have been the whole time.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #6866
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
That's a pretty unfair statement to make. Not everyone can work remotely. Loss of job is a pretty fucking drastic life change.
I assume you didn't mean it that way, but a lockdown is a pretty drastic situation for people who are following the rules still, and have been the whole time.
You're right.

I should have articulated better with saying that it applies to people's social interactions rather than lives as a whole.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #6867

We have stuck to our "bubble" so to speak. There are really only two couples we have seen throughout this in a social setting, and it's been in restaurants, not at our homes, as directed, and honestly, not seeing them is (and even has been this week) a drastic change for us. Some people are much more social than others. Me and my wife don't have kids, and seeing just a couple other people across the table to have a burger and a beer, and to shoot the shit about how our weeks were is a big part of our lives. It seems small, but it's a big contributor to well being.
It does really suck being at work, and see groups of people (who I assume) completely disregarding it, but we cant police it due to the way the directives are worded. Although we have in obvious situations. A fucking group of 10 people tried to come in and seat their kids at a different table than them as a clear group of three households. It was just like, GTFO of here.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-13-2020, 10:10 AM   #6868

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
A lockdown is coming whether your like it or not, they are at the point they have no choice, as it's just going to get worse if they don't. You can thank Canada's everything is fine, reactionary policies, we will wait to see what happens rather than being proactive and future proofing.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #6869
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Are there no standards requirements for things put on billboards here to be factual? Someone paid for space on a digital one here with "COVID: Is the cure worse than the disease?"
Well the WHO has similar wording on their own site. As does the UN

Albeit for mostly 3rd world countries though where supply chain breakdown = starvation
Old 11-13-2020, 10:37 AM   #6870
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Obviously not, I see religious billboards all the time trololololo
Old 11-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #6871

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Just started mandating mask wearing at my gym going forward, imposed by City of Burnaby.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #6872
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Great..my gym also in Burnaby.

Pretty shit because there are 4 ppl in a 600+ sq foot section :/
Old 11-13-2020, 12:50 PM   #6873
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
My office made it mandatory to mask up when you leave your office. Walking down to get a coffee, mask up, going to the shitters, mask up.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #6874

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
My office made it mandatory to mask up when you leave your office. Walking down to get a coffee, mask up, going to the shitters, mask up.
Yup, same. I guess this is what Bonnie Henry meant when she put the onus on businesses rather than a blanket mandate. We had immediate 100% compliance, although it is a professional setting rather than a warehouse or restaurant, etc.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #6875

We have had mandatory masks for staff since April, and have 100% compliance. If you don’t have it, you don’t work. It’s simple.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: