REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:31 AM   #676
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
With all this chaos happening in other parts of the world, truly blessed to be living here. I won't complain about how expensive it here anymore
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 09:17 AM   #677
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
the world need to learn how to cough or sneeze and basic personal hygiene. sneeze/cough in ur elbow or handkerchief etc.+ People need to learn how to wash hands.

i still freaking see guys not washing hands even after using bathroom. disgusting. dont remember, for years i have purell in my car, as soon as i get in, i use it, and specially after filling up gas.

human tendency is to touch face/etc without washing hands, so wearing goggles and mask basically (or a bottle cut out for that matter) help people from touching face.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #678
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
I hate people say "sorry" or "pardon me" rather than do the proper thing when they are sick and sneezing (cover mouth, wear a mask, or just dont go to work/take transit
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #679

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
With all this chaos happening in other parts of the world, truly blessed to be living here. I won't complain about how expensive it here anymore
Given the fragile state of our economy right now, I'd be more concerned with the financial fallout of this virus.

The 14 regions that were shutdown earlier this month make up 69% of China's gdp. The ccp has been injecting hundreds of billions of dollars into the economy to ease the bleeding.
Considering how interconnected the global economy is, and the increasing trend of infections, this virus is likely to impact the economy quite severely in the coming days.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 12:08 PM   #680
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51491763

The test for corona gives false negatives, some ppl required several tests, or testing when their illness was at an advanced state, before producing a positive

Also new case in BC, woman in her 30s, returned from shanghai, living in the interior
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/02...vid-19-in-b-c/
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #681
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post

i still freaking see guys not washing hands even after using bathroom. disgusting
Yeah but how many people just rinse their hands with just water and consider that washing your hands. That’s like 90% of the dudes in my office building. Rinsing with water aint doing jack shit
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #682
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
The one thing that always gets overlooked is your eyes. Never rub your eyes with dirty hands. Your tear ducts will absorb whatever filth was on your fingers.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #683
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Failed 53 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Yeah but how many people just rinse their hands with just water and consider that washing your hands. That’s like 90% of the dudes in my office building. Rinsing with water aint doing jack shit
I see that all the time. But there also needs to be a standard for public washrooms.. A lot of washrooms are now installing hand dryers and cutting down on paper use - which is good (a whole other issue regarding the cleanliness of those machines...). But they don't have sensors on their faucets, and they still have a twist knob or pull handle on their doors. So after your hands are dry you still have to touch these contaminated surfaces again before leaving the washroom - totally defeating the purpose of hand washing.

To be honest all public washrooms should be installing these:
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #684
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
a doctor and a young guy in japan infected with NO travel history/contact with Chinese nationals

damn. that could easily be vancouver.
A taxi driver was infected, so it’s spreading pretty fast here (in Tokyo). The guy in his 20s travels to Tokyo so most likely where he got infected.

https://japantoday.com/category/nati...rther-in-Japan
JDM GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #685
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/v...med-bc-2094855
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #686
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,431 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...-and-surfaces/
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #687
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
They've been making 90,000 masks a day for over a week now

There's no sign of these masks showing up in public. No public program for poor people, insufficient masks for hospital workers... Even clinics have to close because the doctors don't have enough masks.

Joshua Wong brought in 100K masks from the US to give away and sell for below cost. Pro govt people criticized him for not getting more. Other pro govt people are saying they should do another $10K giveaway, so people can afford to buy these masks that are out there for 10X the price

Where are these masks going?
Some HK govt made masks have been spotted, being worn by random citizens in China

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 04:19 PM   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Buddy of mine is on a layover in Shanghai right now, it's like soft martial law there he can't even find food... no stores or restaurants open... need to take a card and get it stamped if you leave the hotel, allowed to leave once per day. He sent me all these pictures over wechat of the Bund almost totally empty in the middle of the day, hardly a single person in sight.

It's a lot crazier than they're letting on I think..........
I've been saying that since the beginning! I don't think "the west" is suppressing information, but they definitely aren't taking it seriously enough. Information from China is hard to get, because everyone who is covering it from a non government perspective is being disappeared.

And to make it clear again - I'm not saying everyone should freak out. But DO take it seriously. This is NOT "basically the flu". All those comparisons to the flu based on symptoms and overall numbers are doing so much harm.

Even Singapore is fucking themselves over, with the govt constantly telling people not to wear masks unless they're already sick. We saw that American lady who is quarantined in Japan. She literally didn't have ANY symptoms, and was tested by chance and tested positive. She could have been spreading it all over the place without even knowing she had it. It's no surprise that Singapore has more infections than HK, despite HK being right on the border with 20K mainlanders coming in daily until they closed the border

If you don't have masks, hand wash, bleach, rubbing alcohol (and maybe gloves) go get some now. Don't use it yet, but have it on hand. Because if an outbreak occurs in Vancouver, people are going to go INSANE and you won't be able to get it.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #689

I think it's ridiculous that at yvr ppl flying in from China can queue up with all arrivals to pass through immigration, and then they're not tested, they're just asked if theyre good
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I think it's ridiculous that at yvr ppl flying in from China can queue up with all arrivals to pass through immigration, and then they're not tested, they're just asked if theyre good
Well you were just in a flying tube with them for 12 hours so...
Old 02-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #691

lol I flew in after a week in Hawaii, I wasn't on the shanghai to yvr flight, but I was in the same queue to get thru immigration
Old 02-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #692

Quote:
lol I flew in after a week in Hawaii, I wasn't on the shanghai to yvr flight, but I was in the same queue to get thru immigration
Oh I see what you're saying.. Yeah that's definitely not taking things seriously enough. But they aren't quarantining anyone are they?
Old 02-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #693

No quarantine and what's worse is they weren't sanitizing the computer checkin machines either
I appreciated how in Hong Kong/Taiwan, the malls, restaurants, airports etc would constantly have people cleaning door handles etc. The taiwan/hk airport had people sanitizing the floors even as people exited the gates
Old 02-14-2020, 09:08 PM   #694

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Yeah that's definitely not taking things seriously enough.
NO

This is probably the same for all Canadian airports and major Canadian ones that take flights in from China/HK. The government is not enforcing more strict rules.
Is this the same at Toronto?
Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #695

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Won't most people say they are good?
Old 02-14-2020, 09:49 PM   #696
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
I've been saying that since the beginning! I don't think "the west" is suppressing information, but they definitely aren't taking it seriously enough. Information from China is hard to get, because everyone who is covering it from a non government perspective is being disappeared.

And to make it clear again - I'm not saying everyone should freak out. But DO take it seriously. This is NOT "basically the flu". All those comparisons to the flu based on symptoms and overall numbers are doing so much harm.

Even Singapore is fucking themselves over, with the govt constantly telling people not to wear masks unless they're already sick. We saw that American lady who is quarantined in Japan. She literally didn't have ANY symptoms, and was tested by chance and tested positive. She could have been spreading it all over the place without even knowing she had it. It's no surprise that Singapore has more infections than HK, despite HK being right on the border with 20K mainlanders coming in daily until they closed the border

If you don't have masks, hand wash, bleach, rubbing alcohol (and maybe gloves) go get some now. Don't use it yet, but have it on hand. Because if an outbreak occurs in Vancouver, people are going to go INSANE and you won't be able to get it.

I have said it pages back. There are literally no mask left. All sold out in Van. You can still find some mask but they are for dust (saw some at wal mart earlier today). Places like London drugs do have stocks coming in weekly but you have 20+ Chinese lining up 30+ mins before the store even opens so good luck trying to get them. Rubbing alcohol was out of stock but there seem to be some now but most stores are limiting the number of bottles you can purchase. wet ones antibacterial hand wipes you can still buy them (the travel size is harder to come by but the rolls ones you can find them easily), Lysol Disinfecting wipes aren't running out (coz you can use them on your skin). hand sanitizer are pretty much sold out. You can still find them online but they are overpriced.

Regarding wearing mask in Van. I don't think that's really needed yet. Today while at shoppers saw this poor Chinese student being talk down on by this white dude for wearing a mask, spreading her disease around and just being racist towards her. Also saw a Chines student wearing a mask, surgery gloves and sunglasses on the other day. I mean sure wear a mask but don't wear those plastic gloves, if you really want maybe wear a thin pair of leather gloves at least you won't stand out so much.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #697
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
Won't most people say they are good?
How are you feeling? I'm good.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:35 AM   #698

Turns out building a hospital in 7 days is actually as hard as it sounds

I think I read that out of the 1000 intended beds, only about 30 are usable. And there are like 3000 new cases every day anyway so...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2020, 02:17 AM   #699
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:15 AM   #700

I don't even know what to say... This goes beyond any amount of local silencing we all thought they were doing.

I'm sure people will brush it off like "it's China we all knew they are using Wuhan as a scapegoat" but... don't brush it off!

Depending on how much this thing fucks over the rest of the world, I am afraid to fathom what the response may be...