REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:21 AM   #7501
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
You mean like how she waited till a year into the pandemic til she finally admitted to mandatory face mask? Typical Canadian do nothing it'll fix itself attitude.
i dont agree with mandated vaccines and her failure to mandate mask with months of public pressure is certainly not a canadian thing; look at how hard manitoba was cracking down last week
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:33 AM   #7502
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,339 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Holy crap... the list of schools which were once infected.
can't even copy and paste as its so long.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7349387/c...-in-b-c-dec-2/

You don't hear about 99% of them, almost every school and every place open to the public is having cases you just don't see it on the news.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #7503
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,292 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Holy crap... the list of schools which were once infected.
can't even copy and paste as its so long.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7349387/c...-in-b-c-dec-2/

Sorry but u can't mandate shit; you can't force someone to take a drug, flu shots or vaccine. I ahven't dug into it, but what were the top 5 things in which the gov't can force you do (to your body specifically)? Not talking about taxes and income tax...

Honestly, if there are side effects down the road, what the fuck would happened and it'll be gong show as once people start having vaccine, they will even be less likely to abid to social norms as they'll think they'll be invincible. No mask, no social distancing, they'll just say "I have the vaccine"... how the fuck will you prove you have taken the vaccine so police can't arrest you for breaking COVID regulations.etc.....
Might be shorter to list schools which there hasn't been exposures......
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:15 AM   #7504
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The doctor who was on Joe Rogan
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:26 AM   #7505

Thanked 31,856 Times in 7,375 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Where did this irrational fear of vaccines come from? Modern medicine has nearly eradicated devastating diseases like smallpox, polio, measles, etc.
People seem to be just picking and choosing stats about covid to justify how the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease. Yes it was developed quickly. Can you name another time in history where essentially every pharmaceutical lab on the planet was working to develop something, in a time where medicine has been this advanced?
More Americans died from covid yesterday than 9/11. And that’s been happening an average of every two days for like 6 months. That is with measures to contain the spread such as widespread shutdowns, mask mandates, travel restrictions, etc.
Yes you probably won’t die from covid.
Yes you probably won’t have long term effects from covid
Yes somebody you know probably will die or have long term effects from covid at this rate
No you probably won’t have long term effects from the vaccine
Yes taking the vaccine will prevent people you care about and yourself from infection.

Make a decision with the information at hand, and use as much of it as you can as opposed to one snippet to support a decision you already made before the information was looked at.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #7506
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
The mRNA vaccine is the first vaccine of it's kind. Developed in an historically short period. And to be distributed on a wider scale than any vaccine in history.
I don't think it's irrational at all to have doubts.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #7507
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Where did this irrational fear of vaccines come from? Modern medicine has nearly eradicated devastating diseases like smallpox, polio, measles, etc.
People seem to be just picking and choosing stats about covid to justify how the vaccine is more dangerous than the disease. Yes it was developed quickly. Can you name another time in history where essentially every pharmaceutical lab on the planet was working to develop something, in a time where medicine has been this advanced?
More Americans died from covid yesterday than 9/11. And that’s been happening an average of every two days for like 6 months. That is with measures to contain the spread such as widespread shutdowns, mask mandates, travel restrictions, etc.
Yes you probably won’t die from covid.
Yes you probably won’t have long term effects from covid
Yes somebody you know probably will die or have long term effects from covid at this rate
No you probably won’t have long term effects from the vaccine
Yes taking the vaccine will prevent people you care about and yourself from infection.

Make a decision with the information at hand, and use as much of it as you can as opposed to one snippet to support a decision you already made before the information was looked at.
Some things should not be rushed - like chemical injections into a human body. I'll wait until they have it dialed.

https://2020news.de/en/dr-wodarg-and...hv2waW7feL8ym0
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #7508

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
The mRNA vaccine is the first vaccine of it's kind. Developed in an historically short period. And to be distributed on a wider scale than any vaccine in history.
What’s irrational is the manipulation and choosing of statistics to make a point that “covid isn’t that bad.”
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #7509
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,360 Times in 1,792 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
I don't understand why people are so concerned with a short period of time.

Do people not realize that the world's resources were pooled into this vaccine and all the red tape for applications and trials were addressed in a priority manner?

The reason why other vaccines take a longer time is because they have to apply for grants and then go through a series of waiting to hear back from governing bodies.

This vaccines has gone through the same scrutiny (if not more) than any other vaccine.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:50 AM   #7510
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Well as Skinny mentioned earlier, the doctor is the voice is reason in that interview. He actually makes many good analogies and points and isn’t downplaying covid etc. If you can get through Joes little attempts at downplaying covid it’s actually a very informative interview.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #7511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Some things should not be rushed - like chemical injections into a human body. I'll wait until they have it dialed.

https://2020news.de/en/dr-wodarg-and...hv2waW7feL8ym0
Dr Wodarg also launched a campaign against the swine flu vaccination in 2010

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/...c-scandal.html
He has called the coronavirus response “an attack on democracy”
Things are lining up as expected here.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2020, 11:01 AM   #7512
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Dr Wodarg also launched a campaign against the swine flu vaccination in 2010

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/...c-scandal.html
and many European countries made the swine flu injections illegal, due to improper testing.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #7513

Surprise.
Quote:
Wodarg gained notoriety during public discussion of the COVID-19 pandemic when he argued that SARS-CoV-2 was only one of many similar viruses which usually go undetected as part of an ordinary seasonal period of respiratory infections, and that the worldwide activities to stop the pandemic were "hype" caused by the selective perception of researchers.[4]

His comments on the COVID-19 pandemic drew criticism from German scientists and some German media outlets. According to the critics, Wodarg's claims largely contradicted the verifiable facts; some of his statements were neither verifiable nor falsifiable; and because the facts Wodarg presented had nothing to do with each other, his statements had proved to be misleading
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #7514
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Why am I not surprised the Venn Diagram for people who think the US election was rigged and the COVID vaccine is rigged is a circle.

So many Political Analyst-cum-Immunologist-cum-Public Policy experts out there. It must be absolutely exhausting being the smartest person in the room everywhere you go.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 12:02 PM   #7515
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
That’s why I strive to be the dumbest
Old 12-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #7516
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,165 Times in 8,366 Posts
Failed 1,530 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I don't understand why people are so concerned with a short period of time.

Do people not realize that the world's resources were pooled into this vaccine and all the red tape for applications and trials were addressed in a priority manner?

The reason why other vaccines take a longer time is because they have to apply for grants and then go through a series of waiting to hear back from governing bodies.

This vaccines has gone through the same scrutiny (if not more) than any other vaccine.
I've mentioned my concern over the vaccine before... The timeline is an issue because we just don't know what the long term ramifications are. What if the vaccine requires boosters every 6 months to be effective? OK that's expensive but doable. But what if it gets less effective each times it's used? And eventually the vaccine is completely useless? Now we're more fucked than ever, and in the hole a few quadrillion $

What if the vaccine causes the virus to mutate (which is the main concern) and we end up with something even worse? Or now we have to take monthly shots or weekly?

Simply fearing it because it's the first mRNA vaccine is mostly due to ignorance, but still somewhat understandable. As laypeople, we don't know what it even means in terms of what it could do to us even in a worst case scenario. There's no info out there one way or another, because it's never been done on humans before. Not to any scale, let alone "literally the entire planet"

I am optimistic based on the info that I've seen, but it's understandable that people aren't. I only base it on what I've read and heard, but there's a high chance that there's facts that nobody can know yet.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #7517
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
People that are concerned about the long-term ramifications of any illness should also be concerned about the long-term ramifications of any substance being injected or ingested into the body.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #7518
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Yes? However most of those substances have been around long enough to get a decent sample size as to their long term effects.

As a healthy, younger, person I’m in no rush to get it. Whether it’s safe or not or has long term effects or not I likely won’t be searching it out until it effects me directly ie. I cannot travel abroad without proof of vaccine etc. Other people on the priority list can be the guinea pigs frankly.

I can’t see there being a time anywhere in the future where restaurants or other private business are going to be turning away people for not being vaccinated, it would be suicide for them.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:32 PM   #7519
linguistic ninja

If everyone waited 30 years for long term longitudinal studies for every vaccine we'd still have smallpox, polio, measles, et al. ravaging our communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
People that are concerned about the long-term ramifications of any illness should also be concerned about the long-term ramifications of any substance being injected or ingested into the body.
Exactly, people are soo concerned about a vaccine that literally has some of the world's greatest minds working on it and approving it but think nothing about gobbling up whatever bizzaro new snack foods they find at Trader Joe's and Costco brought to you courtesy of Monsanto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
As a healthy, younger, person I’m in no rush to get it. Whether it’s safe or not or has long term effects or not I likely won’t be searching it out until it effects me directly ie. I cannot travel abroad without proof of vaccine etc. Other people on the priority list can be the guinea pigs frankly.
Actually I'll be happy to finally get on a passenger-screened plane and jet off to another tourist hotspot again and find it 30-40% less crowded than usual (Assuming the anti-vaxxers even own a passport, which I highly doubt)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 12-03-2020 at 02:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #7520
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,213 Times in 4,601 Posts
Failed 426 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #7521

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
If everyone waited 30 years for long term longitudinal studies for every vaccine we'd still have smallpox, polio, measles, et al. ravaging our communities.

Exactly, people are soo concerned about a vaccine that literally has some of the world's greatest minds working on it and approving it but think nothing about gobbling up whatever bizzaro new snack foods they find at Trader Joe's and Costco brought to you courtesy of Monsanto.
Polio vaccine took 30 years to develop before it was used widespread
Measles vaccine about 10 years
Smallpox almost 200 years
Covid-19, 8 months
Old 12-03-2020, 02:38 PM   #7522
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Yeah but you need to add context. There are a ton of factors that effect development time. 1 team who are spending half their time trying to find funding won't develop something as quickly at throwing a pile of researchers and funds at it. Not to mention the extra 60+ years of technological advancement.

Polio vaccine - 1950
Measles vaccine - 1963
Smallpox vaccine - 1796 (also the first ever vaccine)
Covid-19 vaccine - 2020

I'm curious what similarities (and differences) this vaccine has to others. From my understanding it's basically a modified version of existing vaccines so the long-term effects and safety should be pretty similar. Yes people should be looking at things critically but for crying out loud at least look at it from a somewhat informed angle that factors in the current situation.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 12-03-2020 at 02:45 PM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 02:43 PM   #7523
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,855 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I agree with civicblues, people who don’t get it can have fun staying on the sidelines, thanks for freeing up a spot for me to get back to normal life.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2020, 02:45 PM   #7524

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Yeah but you need to add context. There are also a ton of factors that effect development time. 1 team who are spending half their time trying to find funding won't develop something as quickly at throwing a pile of researchers and funds at it. Not to mention the extra 60+ years of technological advancement.

Polio vaccine - 1950
Measles vaccine - 1963
Smallpox vaccine - 1796 (also the first ever vaccine)
Covid-19 vaccine - 2020

I'm curious what similarities (and differences) this vaccine has to others. From my understanding it's basically a modified version of existing vaccines so the long-term effects and safety should be pretty similar.
Of course, context is important

But when talking about "long term ramifications" there's only one thing that will tell the story, and that's time.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:51 PM   #7525
linguistic ninja

I don't think anyone here is old enough to remember the mass vaccination for smallpox and measles vaccine. Maybe MG1? But I'm sure there were people then that were hesitant to take it and didn't. Thing is, enough people did and we achieved herd immunity and in the case of smallpox, elimination. But now with social media, Jenny McCarthy we have a lot of these attitudes spreading amongst the general population who would have otherwise listened to medical professionals. I'm pretty sure (and MG1 correct me if I'm wrong) We sure as hell didn't have the media scrutiny back then and probably just followed whatever your doctor's advice was. Do I put trust in 2020 science over 1950's science? You betcha.

Then again pretty much everyone I'm in close contact with is high risk so forgive me for wanting to go back to my life and as a bonus not be afraid of killing someone I love.

This post thanked by: