REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #7701
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,774 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
-wonder if it's better to tell my parents to wait to see if the Pfizer vaccine is indeed safe after seeing any news reports about side effects.
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-10-2020 at 09:33 AM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #7702
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,370 Times in 1,795 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Have you guys read the articles out with basically every major publication of all these people that are "shocked" that they weren't eligible for CERB because they made less than $5,000 net income?

People are absolutely bonkers. How the hell do you not know the difference between gross revenue and net income?!

These people tried to scam the system hoping they don't get caught but now all are all whining and crying. I bet the majority of these people claimed all these deductions to lower their taxes but now they're regretting it. I bet a bunch of these people refiled as well with these deductions being reduced.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #7703
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 32,064 Times in 7,449 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-wonder if it's better to tell my parents to wait to see if the Pfizer vaccine is indeed safe after seeing any news reports about side effects.
Side effects will happen. There’s a risk with vaccines. If the risk of complications of the vaccine were larger than the risks of the virus, it wouldn’t be approved. People are trying to create hysteria by comparing the worst case scenario of the vaccine against the best case scenario of the virus. It’s like suggesting you jump from a 5th story window during an apartment fire in your kitchen instead of walking down the stairs because there might be a fire in the stairwell.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #7704
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,090 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
^^ apparently, in initial CERB application. They did not clarify net or gross. Not the applicant's fault.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:38 AM   #7705
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,616 Times in 3,577 Posts
Failed 1,506 Times in 644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Dr Kory is the president of FLCCC. A large and growing group of nearly 100 physicians who work with covid patients in critical care. Himself having thousands of hours experience dealing with critically ill covid patients personally.
As mentioned the group has over 2000 peer reviewed publications.
I think he's qualified enough for his opinion to be taken seriously.

These doctors encourage the repurposing of treatments that have been in circulation for decades because the side effects are well known and documented. Of course the patents have expired on them years ago, so they're not as marketable as a drug like remdesevir, which Fauci and the media had lauded as practically groundbreaking with far less significant results.
The FLCCC Alliance

Quote:
As a group of colleagues with over 200 years of combined experience in Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, as well as long-standing shared interests in developing effective treatments for critical illnesses including sepsis, we, the FLCCC Alliance, formed a working group devoted to creating a treatment protocol against COVID-19. The protocol we devised, called MATH+ is intended for use in the hospitalized patient, with an emphasis on early initiation — as soon as the patient develops a need for supplemental oxygen.
You claim they have 100 members he claims they have a combined 200 years of experience. That's an average of 2 years each. LOL.

This doctor claims you don't need a mask and corona is no worse than a common cold. So welfare stop being a sheep and listen to the doctor. Take off your mask and get you wife to take hers off too.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:57 AM   #7706

Thanked 14,877 Times in 3,885 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
They are understood to have had an anaphylactoid reaction, which tends to involve a skin rash, breathlessness and sometimes a drop in blood pressure.
Unfortunately this is me. I’ve always had low blood pressure, paired with a fear of needles = adrenaline spike. Every time I get a needle (from immunization in school to a local freezing shot) I have an 80-90% chance of PTFO’ing. Pretty embarrassing
Old 12-10-2020, 11:00 AM   #7707

Thanked 14,877 Times in 3,885 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Have you guys read the articles out with basically every major publication of all these people that are "shocked" that they weren't eligible for CERB because they made less than $5,000 net income?

People are absolutely bonkers. How the hell do you not know the difference between gross revenue and net income?!

These people tried to scam the system hoping they don't get caught but now all are all whining and crying. I bet the majority of these people claimed all these deductions to lower their taxes but now they're regretting it. I bet a bunch of these people refiled as well with these deductions being reduced.
Link?
Old 12-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #7708

Idiot with covid enters Alberta care home to visit relative.

Old 12-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #7709
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,370 Times in 1,795 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^^ apparently, in initial CERB application. They did not clarify net or gross. Not the applicant's fault.
There's an obvious different between gross REVENUE and net INCOME.

if you've ever been self-employed, you know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Link?
Spoiler!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...-cra-1.5834950

What's even more embarrassing is that first person is a financial journalist. She applied for her, her husband, and their daughter (with disability). You're telling me that a family of 3 is surviving a WHOLE YEAR on less than $15,000?

Clearly someone is either incompetent at their job or lying on their taxes. I'm betting it's both.

Here's another guy that apparently has to "sell his tools and truck"

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...back-1.5218791

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 11:34 AM   #7710
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The FLCCC Alliance

You claim they have 100 members he claims they have a combined 200 years of experience. That's an average of 2 years each. LOL.

This doctor claims you don't need a mask and corona is no worse than a common cold. So welfare stop being a sheep and listen to the doctor. Take off your mask and get you wife to take hers off too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwiDJd4E5Ho
The 200 years experience is between the founders of the organization.

Everyone has the ability to make of information what they will. Some come to this thread to offer and receive that information to form their opinions, while others come to shit post, mock and tactically attempt to disprove anything that doesn't fit their narrow preconceived view.
Where do you honestly think you fall in that spectrum?
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #7711
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,260 Times in 8,424 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
No I'm glad you're sharing the info, and I'm glad there's a potential treatment for it.

Just don't get ahead of yourself with pinning hopes on this drug, because it fits the tired conspiracy of "they're not going to use it because they won't make money off it". We've heard that a million times with supposed cancer cures.

Nobody wants Coronavirus to stay for 1 second longer than it has to. If a $2 drug cures it, you bet your ass almost every country in the world will be pushing to use it, regardless of what drug companies say.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #7712
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Failed 80 Times in 15 Posts
723 new cases and 28 deaths in the last 24 hours
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #7713
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,905 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
26 of the 28 deaths from long term care.

I love that Horgan is spending a billion dollars to give everyone $500 instead of using that money to do onsite testing at all these care homes and hiring an army of cleaners and assistants to support these places

But hey, instead of potentially saving your grandma I’m gonna go out and buy somthing absolutely retardedly frivolous like a $500 bottle of champagne.

(I don’t think my wife and I will get $1000 total given our incomes but if we do I think I’m gonna be donating at least $500 of it back to BC children’s or BC cancer because I don’t need $500 to be perfectly honest ffs..)
Old 12-10-2020, 06:22 PM   #7714
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 32,064 Times in 7,449 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 159 Posts
If they were just gonna hand out money they should have put the scale way lower.
1k to a 125k household means nothing and as you said it will just get wasted unless someone turns around and gives it to charity. I do think there might have been a stipulation that it had to go directly to the public however as it was federal funds given to the province to distribute. At least it should have been given to actual low income families and in a greater amount would have been way better distribution.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #7715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
26 of the 28 deaths from long term care.

I love that Horgan is spending a billion dollars to give everyone $500 instead of using that money to do onsite testing at all these care homes and hiring an army of cleaners and assistants to support these places

But hey, instead of potentially saving your grandma I’m gonna go out and buy somthing absolutely retardedly frivolous like a $500 bottle of champagne.

(I don’t think my wife and I will get $1000 total given our incomes but if we do I think I’m gonna be donating at least $500 of it back to BC children’s or BC cancer because I don’t need $500 to be perfectly honest ffs..)
Well don't count on our federal government, who've thrown money like confetti in every direction except where it matters most, being much help in that regard either.
I really want not to believe that our leaders don't care about these people who are dying, but it's a notion I'm finding more and more difficult to contend with..
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ence-1.5836535
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #7716
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Person gets Vaccine

Person is hit by a bus

OmG We NeEd MoRe DaTa!!!!
Last week CTV was reporting 80% of Covid deaths in Canada have occurred in LTC, with an average age of 84. The total was under 12k deaths at that time, leaving the remaining 2100 representing 0.005% of our population. Better get that pharma shot and hope you don't grow up.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #7717

Vaccines are needed to eliminate the virus... Everyone becomes immune, the virus can't spread, old people (and everyone else) are safe.

You're talking about 12K deaths like it's nothing
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #7718
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,090 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
^ Thing is how many would have died just naturally anyhow? Far as I know, 82.5 is avg lifespan in Canada. I've always wondered about this particular stat - avg age of Covid death in LTC at 84.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #7719
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
"You better listen to me, I am wearing a white coat with my name on it"

Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #7720

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Vaccines are needed to eliminate the virus... Everyone becomes immune, the virus can't spread, old people (and everyone else) are safe.

You're talking about 12K deaths like it's nothing
That is the idea, yes. But there's no evidence that the vaccines thus far offer immunity.
-Norm Franz
Old 12-10-2020, 09:11 PM   #7721

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
The 200 years experience is between the founders of the organization.

Everyone has the ability to make of information what they will. Some come to this thread to offer and receive that information to form their opinions, while others come to shit post, mock and tactically attempt to disprove anything that doesn't fit their narrow preconceived view.
Where do you honestly think you fall in that spectrum?
Everyone does not have the ability to understand the information. That's why we have experts. When 99.9 percent of the doctors say one thing you believe the .1 percent. How much hydroxychloroquine do you have stock pilled?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-15785624.php

Spoiler!
Old 12-10-2020, 09:41 PM   #7722
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,905 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ Thing is how many would have died just naturally anyhow? Far as I know, 82.5 is avg lifespan in Canada. I've always wondered about this particular stat - avg age of Covid death in LTC at 84.
That’s how it’s been from the beggining across the board. The average age of a covid related death is OLDER than the average age of death..

Deaths are obviously a terrible end result but I find it somewhat amusing that for every little thing whether it be

You cant go see family, this is an unprecedented time!!

You can’t gather with friends at a restaurant, these are unprecedented times!

You better wear your mask during every second of the day, these are unprecedented times!!!

However when it comes to old people dieing older than they normal would otherwise? SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!

I’m being a dick but it kinda stands to reason..in these unprecedented things are going to happen which are terrible, but almost unavoidable.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:11 PM   #7723

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post

No need to poker face that lol
Old 12-10-2020, 10:19 PM   #7724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Everyone does not have the ability to understand the information. That's why we have experts. When 99.9 percent of the doctors say one thing you believe the .1 percent. How much hydroxychloroquine do you have stock pilled?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-15785624.php

Spoiler!
If you think there's been anywhere near a 99.9% consensus from experts regarding treatments for this virus, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I think you may be interested in.
-Norm Franz
Old 12-10-2020, 10:39 PM   #7725
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Immune reactions are unique to the individual. Extrapolate a single case to make inference about the whole population is statistically criminal.

I'm curious I thought you dumb fucks MAGAs wanted to support small businesses, and would rather die for the economy? Wasn't that your schtick when the initial lockdown happens? If everyone getting vaccinated with a marginal number of adverse reaction to the vaccine means reopening economy, isn't this the outcome you wanted?

Or is it because it's supported by science, i.e. libtards, now you're not gonna do it? Aren't nana dying to get out of the house?

Which one is it? Make up your mind.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: