REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-18-2020, 04:42 PM   #7926
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts

Only Seven of Stanford’s First 5,000 Vaccines Were Designated for Medical Residents. Stanford Medicine officials relied on a faulty algorithm to determine who should get vaccinated first, and it prioritized some high-ranking doctors over patient-facing medical residents.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2020, 04:55 PM   #7927
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
Does no one fucking go over algorithm results before instituting them? Holy fucking negligence Batman
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2020, 05:02 PM   #7928
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Does no one fucking go over algorithm results before instituting them? Holy fucking negligence Batman
Or any of those working from home who was chosen to get the vaccine stand up and say "let others get the vaccine first since I work from home".
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2020, 05:03 PM   #7929
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
looks like an honest screw-up
unlike that pos mayor who's blatantly disregarding the order
what did he do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #7930
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
guess the higher ups got their hand caught in the cookie jar.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #7931
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
According to the article they did, but the higher ups decided "/shrug"
Quote:
“While leadership is pointing to an error in an algorithm meant to ensure equity and justice, our understanding is this error was identified on Tuesday and a decision was made not to revise the vaccine allocation scheme before its release today.” The council asked for a timeline for vaccination of the residents and transparency regarding the algorithm.
One department head has asked that everyone in her department who won the vaccine lotto to pass it onto a patient facing member instead
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #7932
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Human garbage.

Reminds me of how when corona was first announced, the inquiries of private jets went up like 1000%.

Almost seems like the upper class won’t help the middle class when shit really hits the fan. Good thing we didn’t give them all the power.... oh wait.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 12-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #7933

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post

Of course then there's 2 of my coworkers who went down to the US to spend Christmas with their in-laws. I thought the border was supposed to be closed but apparently not.
Supposedly Canadians are allowed to fly into the US, they’re just not allowed to cross the land crossing. There are also flights to Hawaii from Vancouver that just started this week, you don’t have to quarantine in Hawaii if you get a covid test done before leaving.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:17 PM   #7934
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
what did he do?
sitting at a restaurant patio with like 10 people with chairs pulled from another table
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 07:51 PM   #7935

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Knowing Kennedy Stuart too he probably blamed it on Horgan or Trudeau for not giving him the proper tools to make the decision. Fuck that guy so much
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:07 PM   #7936

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
The BC recovery benefit site is working fine now if any of you guys want to apply.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:08 PM   #7937
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
I think she's fortunate her punishment was not the maximum of 2 years in prison. In other articles, it mentions she removed the tracking device. Don't fuck up in a foreign country. Especially, as an American. People don't like your country very much.

Quote:
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A U.S. college student and her boyfriend have been sentenced to four months in prison in the Cayman Islands for violating strict COVID-19 measures following a recent ruling that will be appealed, their attorney said Thursday.

Skylar Mack, 18, of Georgia, and Vanjae Ramgeet, 24, of the Cayman Islands, have been in prison since Tuesday, when the ruling was issued. They had both pleaded guilty, but their attorney, Jonathon Hughes, said he will argue for a less severe sentence next week.

“They’re two young people who have never been in trouble before,” he said in a phone interview with The Associated Press. “This is the first time they’ve had interaction with police, the courts, prison.”

Mack, who is enrolled as a pre-med student at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia, arrived in the Cayman Islands on Nov. 27 and was supposed to undergo a two-week quarantine as mandated by the government, which electronically tracks anyone who arrives in the British Caribbean territory. However, she broke quarantine on Nov. 29 when her boyfriend picked her up to attend a water sports event, Hughes said.

After their arrest, a judge ruled the couple had to provide 40 hours of community service and pay a $4,400 fine. In addition, Ramgeet was ordered to a two-month curfew that would start at 7 p.m. But the prosecution appealed, arguing the punishment was unduly lenient and would not deter other possible violators. A higher court decided in favor of prosecutors, ruling on Dec. 15 that the couple be imprisoned immediately.

The Cayman Compass newspaper reported that Judge Roger Chapple said during Tuesday’s sentencing that the decision to violate safety measures was born of “selfishness and arrogance,” adding in its report that Mack spent seven hours out in public without a face mask or social distancing.

“This was entirely deliberate and planned, as evidenced by her desire to switch her wristband the day before to a looser one that she was then able to remove,” he was quoted as saying, referring to the electronic tracking device.

Hughes said the sentence is the first of its kind, adding that Mack’s family is concerned: “They’re worried for her because she’s in prison in a foreign country on her own. While this is something she brought on herself, it’s very distressing for her.”

The couple have been together for seven months. Hughes said he doesn’t know how they met. He noted that Ramgeet is a competitive jet skier like Mack’s father.

The girl’s grandmother, Jeanne Mack, told the AP that she reached out to U.S. President Donald Trump and received an email from a staffer saying the White House would look into the matter.

In her phone calls from prison, “the minute she starts talking, she starts crying,” she said. “She’s afraid that once she makes it back to the States, everyone will hate her.”

Mack, who lives outside of Atlanta, said her granddaughter decided she wanted to be a doctor at age 10 and asked for a suture kit at her birthday a couple of years later.

The couple are the first to be sentenced under an amended law targeting COVID-19 violators. The original law called for a $2,400 fine and up to six months in prison, while the recently amended law calls for a $12,000 fine and up to two years in prison.

Under the original law, a Canadian couple found guilty of violating coronavirus measures were ordered to pay a $1,200 fine each.

The Cayman Islands, a territory of nearly 62,000 people, has reported more than 300 coronavirus cases and two deaths.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:17 PM   #7938
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
So this is a message in a “neighborhood app” Nextdoor for my neighborhood and Burnaby heights and parts of North van

After reading it again I won’t admit the irony in that it kinda sounds like me? Lol! But I think I’m not quite on crackpot level
Old 12-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #7939
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
You should support their event then narc them out and disrespect their family

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2020, 10:22 PM   #7940

Ugh I hate how they all seem to repeat the same lines 99.9/.8% survivor rate (because they use the world population as their denominator, instead of the # of infected) and they all bring in nazis/gestapo ffs
Old 12-18-2020, 11:22 PM   #7941
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I love people who try to convince others of their beliefs but can’t even be bothered to spell lockdown properly twice in a row...

It’s not even a lockdown, you can go pretty much anywhere you want, just not everything is open and you need to wear a mask. Boohoo my liberties. None of these people have ever lived anywhere or experienced any place that actually restricts freedom.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #7942
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Ugh I hate how they all seem to repeat the same lines 99.9/.8% survivor rate (because they use the world population as their denominator, instead of the # of infected) and they all bring in nazis/gestapo ffs
97% survival actually, even when spanning all demographics, when comparing recovered to deaths.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 12-18-2020 at 11:30 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2020, 11:32 PM   #7943
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I think she's fortunate her punishment was not the maximum of 2 years in prison. In other articles, it mentions she removed the tracking device. Don't fuck up in a foreign country. Especially, as an American. People don't like your country very much.
lucky it wasn't in thailand cuba or some shit hole country

then again how smart is a teenager on vacation with her bf several years older, seems like trouble with or without restrictions

bUt aSpIrInG DoCToR
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:48 AM   #7944

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
97% survival actually, even when spanning all demographics, when comparing recovered to deaths.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Glad to see the death rate decreasing, but that's thanks to the interventions/efforts of most of us, and still a far cry from 99.8-9 that these guys like to throw out
Old 12-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #7945

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post

Lol, do stupid things win stupid prizes. I hope they deny the appeal, this is a good life lesson for her and ultimately maybe she'll learn something going forward.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #7946
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I love people who try to convince others of their beliefs but can’t even be bothered to spell lockdown properly twice in a row...

It’s not even a lockdown, you can go pretty much anywhere you want, just not everything is open and you need to wear a mask. Boohoo my liberties. None of these people have ever lived anywhere or experienced any place that actually restricts freedom.
People that think wearing a mask indoors is oppression have truly lived a privileged life.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:29 AM   #7947
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Horgan rolling out “compliance patrols” but doesn’t even understand the rules himself:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/12...holiday-plans/

Wonderful
Was reading article on CBC this morning and it has a few extra words written in that article.

But did he break a law?

However, if the premier did have his son and daughter-in-law over for Christmas dinner and then let the entire world know about it, there's probably nothing Solicitor General Mike Farnworth or Attorney General David Eby would do about it.

That's because most of B.C.'s public health orders focus on regulating the activities of businesses and organizations rather than private households.

The province has orders around gatherings and events, food and liquor serving premises and mask mandates in indoor public spaces. These cover all sorts of activities, including sports, gyms and recreation facilities, restaurants and bars, and many other places.

The only exception is in the gathering and events health order. It says people can't hold "an event at a private residence," unless it meets certain exceptions, none of which seem to apply to the Horgan household.

They have a link posted to a Gatherings of Events. So from reading this pdf, page 7, A) - 2 - 6: "Despite sections 1,3 and 4, if the two persons referred to in section 5 regularly interact with one another, as well as with the occupant, they may be present for social purposes at the same time in the private residence or vacation accommodation of the occupant"

As I said in a previous post, I interact with my parents every other day to pick up my dog after work.

Their guidelines have you jumping back and forth and at the end I give up and fall back to that specific line on 2-6.
Really wish they'd make things a lot easier - If you don't live there, don't go. No ifs ands or buts.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2020, 12:17 PM   #7948
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So this is a message in a “neighborhood app” Nextdoor for my neighborhood and Burnaby heights and parts of North van

After reading it again I won’t admit the irony in that it kinda sounds like me? Lol! But I think I’m not quite on crackpot level

Karen.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #7949

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
UK reverses decision about eased lockdown measures over Christmas. Looks like it’s cancelled there as well. Oh the huge manatee.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #7950
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...tain-1.5238619

Not really a mutation. Just a variant at first, now it's termed a new strain? Variant is same as strain?

Reported 5 days ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55308211

So when does it become a mutation. or is it all the same. I hated biology.

Last edited by WD-40; 12-19-2020 at 11:51 PM.
WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote