REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #8001
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Clear, easy to understand information on the new variant in UK
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:26 PM   #8002
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
fooking vancouver sun posted a dude complaining his son won't get a xmas present.

Fuck off. You are only getting $86 dollars in this package cause you (one dude, not family) made $86k last yr. That's equal to $43 bucks an hr. STFU on complaining.

If you are having a tough time this yr due to lay offs, a) you got EI b) you got shit financial planning skills.

Businesses are complaining they aren't getting a package. YO, you have only been in business since March, you can't expect someone to bail you out just cause you started a online business...ghezzzzz

Pay your dues / taxes... before you ask for a hand out.

Stop trying to be a victim / end this born to entitlement bullshit.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2020, 10:58 PM   #8003
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
That's $84.3k net income. Of course, it doesn't state how many hours he worked or how much he made in overtime pay or other sources of income. Assuming it's a standard 2080-hour work year with no OT, it's probably in the $45/hour range.

Also, as an electrician, how have you not been able to find work in 8 months? Tourism, retail, and other industries have been hit hard, but trades seem like they haven't slowed down at all. And he's so desperate for money that he's turning down the $62 he was eligible for.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2020, 11:24 PM   #8004
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
what someone made last year is a bit irrelevant if their hours dried up completely

even if you had basic planning you had 3-6 months saved, okay we're 10 months into this and 10 more months if lucky

CERB/EI/etc covers your housing if lucky, mtg deferrals are done, rental relief done

no they might not starve the death tomorrow but it's stressful not knowing when shit will improve
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:12 AM   #8005
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Part of that is the North American work culture looking down upon their employees taking sick days off. The entire workforce would be stronger and healthier if that negative stigma was removed from it. You're seeing more and more companies transition sick days into 'personal health days' or 'mental wellness days' because they understand that their employees are humans and there are days where we all feel like absolute shit for no reason. The mental health benefits alone would be awesome.

Far too many companies issue some sort of "attendance wellness program" where it's basically HR giving you shit and having all their eyes on you because you've taken more sick days than others. It's utter bullshit.
The issue with this is in any union environment is it is peoples “right” to have these sick days. They use them when they want a day off. Then when they are actually sick, they whine and complain that they have no sick days left and aren’t getting paid. Or they go to work when sick because they don’t want to burn a day.

I don’t know how to fix the system. It’s the abusers which ruin it and create the stigma... just like every other abuser. The “use it or lose it” style of sick day allotment is part of the problem. If the days aren’t used by the end of the year, a portion thereof said remains days go in the trash. If the company accounted for all of these days to be paid out(accounting wise, not handing out cash), or used and everything was carried forward this would definitely help in the “abuse” factor.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2020, 06:32 AM   #8006
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
People complain if it is too easy to get (CERB) and you end up with a lot of cheaters. People complain if the criteria is too hard (BC recovery fund) ...
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:38 AM   #8007
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
People complain.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #8008

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
The issue with this is in any union environment is it is peoples “right” to have these sick days. They use them when they want a day off. Then when they are actually sick, they whine and complain that they have no sick days left and aren’t getting paid. Or they go to work when sick because they don’t want to burn a day.

I don’t know how to fix the system. It’s the abusers which ruin it and create the stigma... just like every other abuser. The “use it or lose it” style of sick day allotment is part of the problem. If the days aren’t used by the end of the year, a portion thereof said remains days go in the trash. If the company accounted for all of these days to be paid out(accounting wise, not handing out cash), or used and everything was carried forward this would definitely help in the “abuse” factor.
I actually agree with this, where my wife works she has a lot of people that work under her that max their sick days like their extra holidays every year, always seem to be sick around weekends or holidays as well you know to get those long weekends and extended holidays. It's always the same people doing it as well, abusers going to abuse.

Lol, if you did that at my work you'd be fired so fucking quick.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2020, 08:09 AM   #8009
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Once upon a time I worked at IKEA in Richmond which is unionized. I’ll never forget a co-worker planning his sick days as vacation days. I was flabbergasted.

Years later I was a hiring manager elsewhere and every resume I saw with heavy union experience always caught my attention. I couldn’t help but think back to the “union way” so many people behaved. Anyone who says “That’s not my job” won’t get employed by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:11 AM   #8010
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Well, no covid for me

Kinda weird had crazy body aches and even a fever after I went and got tested of 37.9. Just chilled for the day and took in a bunch of vitamins and fluids and now I’m fine no fever just some sinus pressure
Old 12-23-2020, 08:42 AM   #8011

Thanked 31,911 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Definitely some other sicknesses are going around right now. Just had two friends with the same symptoms get tested in the last couple days. One buddy ended up with a crazy rash too. Both negative results though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #8012

makes you wonder if you sit at home for 2 years making your immunity rest on its laurels and have bugs affect you easier readjusting back to old normal
Old 12-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #8013
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I actually agree with this, where my wife works she has a lot of people that work under her that max their sick days like their extra holidays every year, always seem to be sick around weekends or holidays as well you know to get those long weekends and extended holidays. It's always the same people doing it as well, abusers going to abuse.

Lol, if you did that at my work you'd be fired so fucking quick.

Same for my work/union. What's worse is that we all pay into a sick plan every paycheck and once a year, usually around March, we all get a rebate check back (if you haven't used your sick days). You pay into it so you might as well get some of it back which is great. The worst part I'm speaking of is for those who abuse it and drain the overall sick plan fund affects everyone when it comes to that rebate check. If it's a great year you might get 80-85% of what you put in back. If it's a year where there's more than usual "sick days" you'll get less back. Their selfish actions come at a cost to me and even though I'm happy to be in a union, I wouldn't care if those people were to be let go.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #8014
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Once upon a time I worked at IKEA in Richmond which is unionized. I’ll never forget a co-worker planning his sick days as vacation days. I was flabbergasted.

Years later I was a hiring manager elsewhere and every resume I saw with heavy union experience always caught my attention. I couldn’t help but think back to the “union way” so many people behaved. Anyone who says “That’s not my job” won’t get employed by me.
LOL I got fired and lost my sick days

also fuck union probation... been there for a year but they don't have enough hours for me to pass probation

got fired cuz #RSFAM

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #8015
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Failed 203 Times in 83 Posts
BC recovery benefit; applied on friday, received today, pretty quick
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #8016

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Thank you to the BC government! -just checked my bank account. BC Recovery Benefits money was deposited into my bank account this morning. -took just two business days to get my application approved and processed.

Talk about the government giving money to me quickly!
Old 12-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #8017
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
We have unlimited sick days per calendar year, but if you're sick for longer than 3 months then it's transitioned into long term disability @75% wage.
Right now with covid, if you show mild symptoms, you're ask to quarantine for 14days and it is paid.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #8018
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
So none of you need to provide any additional documents for the BC Recovery Benefit?

Edit: actually, I may have an explanation of why. Assuming they can acquire info from CRA(which they probably do), my address for the tax return was in AB as I moved back to BC in September. That might be why they are asking me to provide more documents, while I would imagine most RSers are long-time BC residents so they don't have to provide more documents.

Last edited by UnknownJinX; 12-23-2020 at 11:08 AM.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #8019
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Fixed.
Well, ultimately, there's too many people, meaning too many variables.
Someone's gain means someone's loss.

It's not the same people complaining, usually..
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #8020

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Our government extends the UK flight ban until at least January 6th.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/12...uk-flight-ban/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced on Wednesday that the federal government was extending the temporary suspension by two weeks.

Canada first announced on Sunday it was suspending inbound passenger flights from the U.K. for 72 hours.

“Let’s be clear, this is not the time for a vacation abroad,” Trudeau said. “Even if you travel every winter, please, rethink your plans.”
Old 12-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #8021

America over 1 million vaccines already

Old 12-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #8022

thank goodness trump isn't anti-vax and pushed this out as fast as reasonably possible
in the same breath they just posted 1/4 mill new daily cases with over 3000 deaths today...and this is before the fast spreading UK strain becomes dominant
Old 12-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #8023

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
thank goodness trump isn't anti-vax and pushed this out as fast as reasonably possible
in the same breath they just posted 1/4 mill new daily cases with over 3000 deaths today...and this is before the fast spreading UK strain becomes dominant
I was thinking the same thing when he kept trying to take credit for the vaccine... I mean that's bullshit but it sure is better than trying to discredit the vaccine. Most of his followers will listen, and now it's only the extreme morons who are going against it. Could have been so much worse.

Good job Mr trump
Old 12-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #8024
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:

Yeah I've seen that far too often. I've overheard people say "Oh Remembrance Day is a Wednesday this year, I'm already off Saturday so I'm going to be sick on Thursday and Friday too"
Pathetic and disgusting use of sick days.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #8025
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Here's the proper way to do it:
Book and go on your vacation. Communicate that you will be back on thursday. Email your boss on Thursday morning while you are still on vacation and tell them that you caught a bug and will need to spend the next few days recovering. Fly back into town on Sunday.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote