REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #9626
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
First blood clot in Canada caused by the covishield shot:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04...accine-canada/
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2021, 10:17 AM   #9627
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,113 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
wouldn't taking aspirin with the shot help with all these bloodclots

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #9628
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
US pausing J&J vaccine
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:10 PM   #9629
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
B.C. schools will remain open in the face of COVID's third wave
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #9630

Bonnie - Stay within your neighbourhood

All the while every golf course, non-essential retail, local mountains, park concession, playground, is open

You can’t write this shit
Old 04-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #9631

Thanked 1,870 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
^^ same as don't take ferry's but here have more ferry's, so they will shut down schools in two weeks.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #9632

Puting extra sailings on long weekends etc.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:30 PM   #9633
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,407 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

All the while every golf course, non-essential retail, local mountains, park concession, playground, is open

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ same as don't take ferry's but here have more ferry's, so they will shut down schools in two weeks.
Quote:
Puting extra sailings on long weekends etc.

Spoiler!
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #9634
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,165 Times in 8,366 Posts
Failed 1,530 Times in 678 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 03:02 PM   #9635
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,855 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
It begins...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 03:13 PM   #9636

Also announced today: NFL coaches with no legit reason not to get a vaccine (religious is allowed) will not able to directly interact with the players.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #9637

Good, I don't want to be with the maskless Karen's
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 03:33 PM   #9638
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
I’m curious what happens to second doses of astra Zeneca if Canada pauses astra Zeneca for all age groups at a later date.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #9639

Should have been paused a long time ago but since we're so desperate they will probably peddle the Russian or China vaccine, flights from India should also be banned by now but they are scared that we will piss off our Indian overlords and they won't send us anymore vaccines.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #9640
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,927 Times in 2,565 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
so we'll see fake vaccine passports at stadium entrances and anti-maskers throwing temper tantrum hissy fits like we see them on social media at various private retail establishments?

put a mic & cam at the entrances, could be more entertaining than the games themselves

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 05:56 PM   #9641
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
There's already rave festivals going on with NO requirements for ppl to be vaccinated

My baby cousin has covid now and he's an asthmatic, he runs track and is very fit, but still worried
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #9642
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
any reason J&J is already approved here yet it hasn't arrived and is on pause in the US?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #9643

Thanked 4,697 Times in 1,575 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:

Also Bonnie

Seeing a small group of people from outside your household, outside, is allowed, but we are discouraging even that.

Bruh wut.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 07:19 PM   #9644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Canada implemented this sort of mandatory hotel stay period back in February (at the traveller's cost), they just need to stay in the hotel until they receive a negative molecular test, then they must carry out the rest of the 2 week quarantine at their end destination.
Update to this:

Man who spent $1,500 to stay at Toronto quarantine hotel says he got COVID-19 anyways, infected whole family

TLDR:

Guy comes back from Pakistan, does the compulsory 3 days quarantine waiting for results on landing.

Tests were negative, is allowed to go home.

Turns out he had covid, and gave it to his whole family. The test was false negative, or undetectable.

And now he's complaining about spending $1500 when the wifi didn't work

That policy does NOT work.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2021, 07:20 PM   #9645
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
iT's TeMpoRaRy

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:31 PM   #9646
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Moderna and Pfizer are big pharma corps making massive profits off their vaccines. Johnson and Johnson made their vaccine as low cost as possible. Astrazeneca is not making a profit on their vaccine during the pandemic. the J&J and Astra vaccines are similar but diffent to Moderna and Pfizer.

Why is it that J and J and Astrazeneca are being withheld or cautioned while having astronomically low cases of blood clotting? Meanwhile this goes underreported and ignored:
Doctor dies and 36 others ‘develop rare blood disorder after getting Moderna and Pfizer Covid vaccines’
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2305200...rder-vaccines/

On the surface, it seems pretty odd that the competition, the low cost or no cost options, get sandbagged by media and governments, while the profiteering vaccine companies aren't questioned in the same way.

Given that corporations, and especially big pharma corps, have a long history of lobbying governments to bend to their will, you have to at least begin questioning motives and following the money.

Are vaccine passports being pushed by governments because pharma corps are lobbying for them, in order to profit? What better way to profit than to force everyone to prove their vaccinations in order to gain back their basic freedoms. Are they pushing governments and the media to hold up and discredit the their competition for their own gain? Would it surprise you if the answer was yes? We are being told that even with vaccination we will still have to mask, still have to self isolate, still have to keep businesses closed.

I am not anti vax (I don't see how questioning these vaccines is linked to idiots unscientifically linking vaccines to autism or whatever). I am not anti mask, or anti social distancing, etc.

I believe it should be a social responsibility, a personal duty, up to all of us, much like enlisting to fight in WW1 or WW2, rather than a government infringement on our personal freedoms and a nanny state. I guess that is too much to ask these days.

I am currently getting over covid. It was not pleasant and kicked my ass worse than anything I've experienced since childhood. Eventually I had chills, massive body and head aches, and temps over 38. I have a lingering cough, tiredness, and just got over a stuffed/runny nose. It has been over 2 weeks since quarantine began, which I had to do with my 6yr old son who also had it. Thankfully, despite his many serious health issues at an early age, he had very mild symptoms which ended within a matter of days. I am pretty active, healthy, with no underlying health issues.

If you think I was flouting the restrictions and recommendations, you are wrong. I followed them to the letter from day one. After my son's mother wrongly attempted to keep me from having access to my son as the pandemic began, I decided to not do anything to risk that access in any way. My friends kept inviting me over and I was so paranoid that a noise violation would have the cops handing out tickets, so I said no. I rarely go out in public and wear a mask when I do, wash my hands, etc. Before getting covid, I hadn't seen my friends in several months, I hadn't seen my parents since last August. My dad has battled stage 4 cancer and while he has done well, his time on this earth is limited, according to statistics on the survival rate. I want to see him more than anything. He and my mom just got their vaccines today (Moderna). Still have to wait for the 2nd dose, my and my son's own doses x2, and who knows what else before we are allowed to see each other again.

PS: I did ask Frazer Health which strain my son had, and all they could say was that it wasn't a variant, thankfully. It seems that kind of information is not easily given and I had to press to get even that. I do have to commend them on being readily available at all times, as I never had to wait when calling them.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:59 PM   #9647

Yup pretty much... You might recall me questioning it a long time ago here, trying very hard not to look "anti vax".

But people have learned to go along with it and "it is what it is".

After all, someone has to make the drugs, right?

And literally the only way out of this pandemic, without it turning into something even worse, is to vaccinate the majority of the world's population. This might even mean yearly boosters. It's going to be expensive, and these companies will make trillions off it. They "won the lottery" so to speak.

But like... What can you do? Just let a pandemic get worse and worse until civilization ends? You think controlling populations to get vaccinated is bad, you think making people wear masks is bad... It could be MUCH MUCH worse if it is just left unchecked. We see them trying to control populations in restaurants - that's on a scale of hundreds. Imagine if they have to do that on a scale of 10's of thousands. You live on this block? This isn't your week to go outside. Wait until next week. Stuff like that.

Or we can take a vaccine and hope it works, and try not to let too many people get really sick from them.

Just a clarification though; the "Pfizer" vaccine is not made by Pfizer. It's made by BioNTech, who have been developing mRNA capsulation technology for like 12 years. Pfizer just handles manufacturing, distribution, etc, around the world (except China, which uses Forsun to do the same)
Old 04-14-2021, 07:43 AM   #9648
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,856 Times in 7,375 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Sorry to hear about your battle BB. Glad your son was spared from serious illness and glad you are getting better.
I question the government playing favourites about the Pfizer/moderna vaccines based on finances and control, just based on the fact that no matter how much those companies have a hand in government, it can’t compare to the financial destruction that the virus lasting longer term is doing to the economy. However I would believe that there could be a tie in with the companies to major media corporations which are often tied in with these massive umbrella corps in the US.
I do think that the government is being forced to be over cautious over fears of vaccine hesitancy from the public throughout all this. How people are arguing a 1/1000000 blood clot risk compared to a 3/100 chance of dying if infected with covid is fucking mind boggling, but here we are.
Regardless I think it’s in the governments best interest to get as many vaccines into as many people as fast as they can.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 08:32 AM   #9649
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How people are arguing a 1/1000000 blood clot risk compared to a 3/100 chance of dying if infected with covid is fucking mind boggling, but here we are.
Just had the stupidest debate about this with a coworker who travelled to SD, posts on IG pictures of her and her running friends hugging and kissing, and loves to post #don'tletcovidstopyou

She won't get the AZ or J&J vaccine because of blood clots but has no idea what the percentage is, only that some ppl had blood clots.
She doesn't think covid is that bad and that the news is fear mongering.
And most importantly, she knows 1 nurse who said their hospital was empty.

I told her, it's not about the virus killing people, its the fact that if more ppl have covid, that increases the number of people who need to go to the hospital and there is a finite number of beds, ventilators, nurses and doctors. I even reminded her all the times where nurses said they were overworked and patients were lining hallways and Timmy's because they were out of rooms.

Are ppl really that dumb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2021, 08:37 AM   #9650
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,360 Times in 1,792 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote: