REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #10176
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,370 Times in 1,795 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
If you don't mind me asking -- what age group are you in? Just want to see how far along the queue the province has come with the vaccination efforts.

With a lot more Pfizer doses coming starting in May as well as the introduction of the J&J vaccine, hopefully vaccination will happen a lot faster.
I remember reading that they're at 59 year olds as of yesterday or two days ago.
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #10177
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,090 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
At 56 today fyi ... that's what my Dr said.

Last edited by whitev70r; 04-30-2021 at 11:06 AM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 11:36 AM   #10178
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,771 Times in 827 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
If you don't mind me asking -- what age group are you in? Just want to see how far along the queue the province has come with the vaccination efforts.

With a lot more Pfizer doses coming starting in May as well as the introduction of the J&J vaccine, hopefully vaccination will happen a lot faster.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:38 AM   #10179

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
The organization or lack thereof with these pop ups is mind boggling. Leave it to FB and Twitter to let people know they can go for a vaccination. FFS.
Well its typical Vancouver. People want the vaccine but they dont want the AZ. And when people get an appointment for Pfizer, they dont show up. My wife just got her pfizer shot and she said there ZERO waiting. Nurses standing around doing nothing cause more than half of the people decided to pull a no show. Those popup clinics in surrey are happening because people are pulling no shows for the AZ vaccine and they will simply go to waste if they arent used. Instead of waiting for our leadership to tell us we should be jumping to the next phase earlier than expected, the clinics are just doing it without permission cause itll take forever. imo the people on the ground just know better than the higher ups. The guildford rec center listened to DBH about no popup clinics in the morning and they said therr facilty was completely empty thats why they decided to disregard her orders cause they just know vaccinating anyone is better than vaccinating no one.

48 hrs later i experienced a sore arm and alil fatigue after the AZ shot. My parents experienced zero side effects from pfizer. And my buddy experienced mild flu symptoms and body aches within 2 days from AZ

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 04-30-2021 at 11:46 AM.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #10180
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I remember reading that they're at 59 year olds as of yesterday or two days ago.
Odd. I'm in my early 40's and got my confirmation code last week.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:51 AM   #10181
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,350 Times in 2,090 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
^^ yah, I'm all for anyone can come when there are no shows and vaccines that have to be used for the day or expiry. Open the doors wide and first come first serve ...

There is a plan for orderly vaccination, then there are adaptive measures like the one described ... for when people pull no shows.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #10182
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,370 Times in 1,795 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
When you say confirmation code, do you mean you were able to book?

Or that you were able to just register?

If it's the latter, then yeah, we all got our confirmation code after we registered. But if you got your booking, that would be a whole new development.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:02 PM   #10183
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,294 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So turns out after this guys family all had covid he ended up catching it and tried to “gut it out” at home to the point where he could barely breathe and insisted on staying home and not going to the hospital. The interview on the radio said he has to sleep sitting up for 2 nights in a row because his lungs were so full of fluid. The autopsy showed his lungs were basically full when he died.

Obviously a terribly sad story but I wouldn’t exactly call it a cautionary tale about getting covid.
With ARDS, you mind feels fine except your body is struggling to breath. I can see why most men would 'tough it out'. My dad went from talking normally to taking breaths every 3 words in 3 days. I went in to my parents home when the ambulance arrived and his fingers was already blue but he could still walk around.

Sitting straight up helps and is what is done at the hospital. Proning also helps too but sucks to be comfortable when someone is sick.

If your gut tells you that your loved one should be in the hospital, just call 911/811, don't ask him or her if they want to go... their mind could be a mess with the lack of oxygen.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #10184
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,409 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 366 Times in 101 Posts
Friends in the US mil have been receiving Pfizer or Moderna over the last few weeks. Numerous stories of racing heartbeats, anxiety, and insomnia. For most it went away after a few days but in one case someone at a friends unit has been pulled off duties for a heart arrhythmia. These are really healthy men in their late 20's to 30's with no prior issues, and it's not a huge number of people but it's enough to be raising eyebrows down there. It'll be interesting to see if anyone here in the same demographic notices the same once eligible to get their shot. Just thought I'd share as food for thought.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:18 PM   #10185
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
At 56 today fyi ... that's what my Dr said.

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 02:32 PM   #10186
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 32,064 Times in 7,449 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
With ARDS, you mind feels fine except your body is struggling to breath. I can see why most men would 'tough it out'. My dad went from talking normally to taking breaths every 3 words in 3 days. I went in to my parents home when the ambulance arrived and his fingers was already blue but he could still walk around.

Sitting straight up helps and is what is done at the hospital. Proning also helps too but sucks to be comfortable when someone is sick.

If your gut tells you that your loved one should be in the hospital, just call 911/811, don't ask him or her if they want to go... their mind could be a mess with the lack of oxygen.
I’m sure a lot of us on here can think of a time in our lives when we “toughed it out” when we shouldn’t have. When I had a TIA I sat in the office trying to “focus” my way back to feeling ok, when in reality I was having all the signs of a stroke. Numb on half my body, no vision on my right side (of either eye) and aphasia. It took me trying to explain what was happening to both my sous chefs before they demanded I go to the hospital because I wasn’t making any sense.
Another good friend I worked with went to the washroom and we found him having a seizure on the floor after a consistent “headache” that turned out to be a brain tumour.
It’s ingrained into young/middle aged men to tough it out, so it’s definitely a cautionary tale that many of us could find ourselves trying to rationalize that it’s no big deal.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 02:54 PM   #10187
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,905 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
I’ve learned through experience that it’s never worth second guessing your health. Of course everyone has had those times where you feel a little funny or somthing doesn’t feel quite right and you shrug it off but I’ve been trying to be as proactive with my health as possible in terms of check ups, blood tests etc.

Both my wife’s parents died of Cancer basically due to the old European way of thinking that things will sort themselves out etc. And it’s just a hassle to go to the hospital and whatnot. They both might have lived if they had been proactive. My mother-in law only went to the hospital when the pain in her stomach was so bad she burnt her hand with boiling water and didn’t even notice because the other pain took precedence.

Same with my grandma, as she got older she dealt with a few infections, mainly bladder and these infections in older people can do all sorts of wild shit. She was seeing my dead grandpa, thought people were there when they weren’t etc.

It’s scary because if you’re in that position and there’s no one to tell you you’re acting strange how can you be sure anything is wrong? But I’d urge anyone to err on the side of caution and at the very least call the nurse line or use Babylon/walk in clinic to describe what you’re feeling as best as possible and don’t be shy about the details, it might save your life
Old 04-30-2021, 03:12 PM   #10188
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Yep I guess I need to change how I am, I'm always shrugging things off for myself, but proactive with those around me

My mom's friend kept shrugging things off too awhile back, "just a flu" but I called an ambulance for him when his wife called and said she was really concerned, turns out his fever was his kidneys failing, they were able to save him some functionality but he still required dialysis weekly after that, they said if he waited any longer in getting to the hospital he may have died

Last year he did pass away, because he kept ignoring his vertigo when climbing his stairs at home (it had become his only source of exercise in his old age, and he didn't want to give it up) he ended up falling down them
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2021, 05:35 PM   #10189
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,260 Times in 8,424 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
New policy here: All foreign domestic helpers must be vaccinated to renew their work visa. Also all unvaccinated FDH's must undergo mandatory covid testing by May 9.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:49 PM   #10190
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 77 Times in 32 Posts
I haven't been following this thread.

Anyone got/had Covid? Last week my co-worker tested positive. So my boss wanted me to get tested and I was Positve. Was kind of choked. Luckily my symptoms were mild runny nose, phlegm and diarrhea

5 more days till my Quarantine will be over
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:06 PM   #10191
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
In regards to the discussion about going to get checked out and err on the side of caution. Imagine going for help and be turned away because no bed for you. That's what it's trending to due to the need to convert beds to treat covid patients. Exactly like Oscar mentioned below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Binswood View Post
My spouse is an RN in Fraser Health, and an interesting point she brought up was how they don't have beds in ICU for non-covid cases like a lady with a brain bleed because of the influx of serious covid cases already occupying the beds. Also heard they've either started or will be doubling up covid patients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
I haven't been following this thread.

Anyone got/had Covid? Last week my co-worker tested positive. So my boss wanted me to get tested and I was Positve. Was kind of choked. Luckily my symptoms were mild runny nose, phlegm and diarrhea

5 more days till my Quarantine will be over
No fatigue? Require more hours of sleep?
Need to wait 3 months before getting vaccinated now that you've been infected.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:41 PM   #10192
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 77 Times in 32 Posts
No fatigue? Require more hours of sleep?
Need to wait 3 months before getting vaccinated now that you've been infected.[/QUOTE]

No. Don't feel tired. Feel back to normal to normal now

Oh, howcome 3 month? Enlighten me

Thanks
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:47 PM   #10193
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 32,064 Times in 7,449 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 159 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's based more on supply vs. your risk. You now will have antibodies, so chance of reinfection is even lower than if you were vaccinated and had never been infected, therefore, the dose should be used for someone that could be infected, and as a result their infection could be severe.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:34 AM   #10194

Thanked 4,771 Times in 827 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
i'm just reading that only one dose of Pfizer leaves you vulnerable to the covid variations( this report was referring to the American variations.) so, you just can't feel too safe until you get that second shot.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:59 AM   #10195
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post

No. Don't feel tired. Feel back to normal to normal now

Oh, howcome 3 month? Enlighten me

Thanks
Read it on vch site not long ago. Can't find it now. Maybe it's changed.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 06:06 AM   #10196
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,260 Times in 8,424 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Dad still can't get the vaccine, as they've only been giving them to people under 60 in China. Because they haven't studied over 60 (but all the countries using their vaccine are doing it). They're starting to offer it in certain cities though.

In his city, he says pretty much nobody wears a mask anywhere, except in hospitals and crowded places like theaters.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #10197
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,962 Times in 2,585 Posts
Failed 103 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
when i saw your original post i was like wtf what about me

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:05 AM   #10198
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,341 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 42 Posts
Quote:
Do you live in any of these areas? I believe they have priority because of the high infection rate in those spots. If not I don't know, but good for you.

East Newton
Fleetwood
North Delta
North Surrey
Panorama
Port Coquitlam
South Langley Township
West Abbotsford
West Newton
Whalley

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #10199
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,962 Times in 2,585 Posts
Failed 103 Times in 65 Posts
that would make more sense.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:34 AM   #10200
I STILL don't get it

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Well its typical Vancouver. People want the vaccine but they dont want the AZ. And when people get an appointment for Pfizer, they dont show up. My wife just got her pfizer shot and she said there ZERO waiting. Nurses standing around doing nothing cause more than half of the people decided to pull a no show. Those popup clinics in surrey are happening because people are pulling no shows for the AZ vaccine and they will simply go to waste if they arent used. Instead of waiting for our leadership to tell us we should be jumping to the next phase earlier than expected, the clinics are just doing it without permission cause itll take forever. imo the people on the ground just know better than the higher ups. The guildford rec center listened to DBH about no popup clinics in the morning and they said therr facilty was completely empty thats why they decided to disregard her orders cause they just know vaccinating anyone is better than vaccinating no one.

48 hrs later i experienced a sore arm and alil fatigue after the AZ shot. My parents experienced zero side effects from pfizer. And my buddy experienced mild flu symptoms and body aches within 2 days from AZ
I got my modern shot exactly two weeks ago at the Langley Events Centre, same situation. It was a nice hot, sunny Saturday, and I walked right in as a first responder drop in. Word got out and a bunch of us from work ended up getting it.

My spouse and mother in-law pick up shifts at the vaccination clinics and they're seeing the same thing. Some days they have 140 appointments, other days 1400 but there's always people who no show.

Amongst my co-workers and I, we're all in our mid to late 20's. Two weeks later no significant symptoms other than a sore arm for a couple of days.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: