REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:19 AM   #10226
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,292 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Those dental freezing needles are seriously worse than vaccine shots or even drawing blood. I don't know why that is the case, but that's how I see it LOL~
Have you seen those things they use for freezing? it's like giving you a shot with a god damn straw.
Advertisement
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:45 PM   #10227
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
There has been 1700+ cases of ppl getting covid after being vaccinated? That's interesting, was Henry speaking ab Canada or BC?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #10228
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
watching yourself get a vaccine is nothing. watching blood be drawn from you is another animal lol.
At least if you watch you know how much they're taking. Last time I had blood taken I didn't realize the clicking I was hearing was the nurse swapping out the vials, I thought it was just a volume indicator on the thing. I felt fine, stood up and nearly ate shit immediately. It was then that I looked over and saw the pile of vials sitting there lol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #10229
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,856 Times in 7,375 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
There has been 1700+ cases of ppl getting covid after being vaccinated? That's interesting, was Henry speaking ab Canada or BC?
Everyone’s first doses for the most part so that leaves efficacy at like 65%. It’s not surprising, especially as people will let their guard down. That said the protection against serious illness is high, and that’s what matters. Covid isn’t going away, like ever, so if people die less it’s all we can hope for.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #10230
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,246 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
No blood donors here? That needle is like a straw... and they only draw a few vials of blood for tests, whereas for donation they draw a small bag!

I think the needle they use for freezing at the dentist seems scary because it’s used on the inside of your mouth, which is a pretty sensitive area.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #10231
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,165 Times in 8,366 Posts
Failed 1,530 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
The needles hurt so bad especially near the front teeth, you could feel that thing deep up into your nostril.
Oh god I could practically feel that feeling as I read this sentence

I've been injecting myself twice a week for the last 3 or 4 years so it's nothing to me. First one was a bit weird though.

One time I was donating blood, and my arm cramped up so hard that the nurse had to straighten it out for me, she could barely do it lol. I think it's because I just went there straight from the gym.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:34 PM   #10232
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,232 Times in 423 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Getting shots is like some legit phobia for some people.

A couple months back I was in the waiting room waiting to get my blood withdrawn next. This woman behind the curtains taking her shot was all chilled at first, prep talking herself. Then after the first vial, she just started to break down saying "I can't, I can't" while the nurse was trying to console her.

She legit started crying and sobbing and the nurse finally suggested she could stop now and continue another time.

It was pretty uncomfortable that I was just on the other side of the curtain and could overhear everything.
A few years back when my wife was pregnant, she had like a panic attack/heart arrhythmia scare one night. We were in the VGH ER, and they had us sitting inside one of the treatment bays. The next bay only had a curtain separating us.

A few mins in they prep and set up the bay beside us. If you ever watched ER, House or any other med show, what happened next was the 15 mins they receive and treat an unresponsive OD patient straight off the ambulance. And the wife and I are sitting 1m away behind the curtain.
It was super interesting for me, as I used to volunteer in the first responder space, but spent the time trying to keep my wife calm.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #10233
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,383 Times in 997 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
donating blood with that 4,500 to 5,700 milliliters of blood... now that needle is thick (16 to 17 gauge)

22-25 gauge is the vaccine needle... (bigger the number, the "smaller" the needle)
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 07:13 PM   #10234
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

I've been injecting myself twice a week for the last 3 or 4 years so it's nothing to me. First one was a bit weird though.
Celltech?
Old 05-03-2021, 08:25 PM   #10235
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
lol reading this has brought back some horrible memories for me.
Back when I was young .... getting my wisdom teeth extracted. I asked to be put to sleep but the clinic said they don't have that service. So I had to endure 3-4 hours of watching them drill, hammer and pry them out. The dude was using the side of my lips for leverage, and kept rubbing vaseline all over my face! One time his tool slipped and my blood sprayed all over his mask and googles!

He's like "I'm gonna shoot you up with anesthetic and then start working, if you feel the pain coming back just make a sound and I'll shoot you again"... in total I think I took 16-18 needles in the mouth, fucking brutal.

Reflecting back the dentist was a hack! My mom recommended him cuz he was "cheaper" ... fuck what a mistake.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:37 PM   #10236
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,360 Times in 1,792 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Fuck all of you guys with your dentist stories. I'm seeing my dentist this Wednesday for a check up.

I don't need to dig up past traumas before I go.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #10237
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
lol reading this has brought back some horrible memories for me.
Back when I was young .... getting my wisdom teeth extracted. I asked to be put to sleep but the clinic said they don't have that service. So I had to endure 3-4 hours of watching them drill, hammer and pry them out. The dude was using the side of my lips for leverage, and kept rubbing vaseline all over my face! One time his tool slipped and my blood sprayed all over his mask and googles!

He's like "I'm gonna shoot you up with anesthetic and then start working, if you feel the pain coming back just make a sound and I'll shoot you again"... in total I think I took 16-18 needles in the mouth, fucking brutal.

Reflecting back the dentist was a hack! My mom recommended him cuz he was "cheaper" ... fuck what a mistake.
Jesus. Shit like this is why I still have my wisdom teeth. Everytime I visit the dentist they tell me to get them removed lol. I don't have any issues with them but they keep telling me to get them removed for the past decade...

Back on covid topic...

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...unlikely-in-us

Experts believe herd immunity unlikely to happen in America, not enough vaccinations.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #10238
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,837 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Jesus. Shit like this is why I still have my wisdom teeth. Everytime I visit the dentist they tell me to get them removed lol. I don't have any issues with them but they keep telling me to get them removed for the past decade...
this is super off topic, but don't fuk around w your wisdom teeth

everybody on this page is me, fear of dentists, fear of needles. I did 7 years of orthodontics, including multiple extractions. I'll never forget them making me hold a paddle that I realized later grounded the cauterizing tool. Add in self employed and no insurance, and I kept telling my now dentist (who I visit regularly) that i didn't want the teeth out. finally my guy retired, and the new guy told me it was time to stop stalling.

lights out general, 40 minutes under, about 3 days of suffering, never needed the happy pills. about 4 grand when the dust settled.

no more pressure, and my persistent headaches went away. if you're on the fence, do it. If you need a referral, PM me.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:45 PM   #10239

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
this is super off topic, but don't fuk around w your wisdom teeth
Well for me they've been telling me my wisdom teeth will cause me problems since I was 19...It's been a decade now and still no problems.

From my own research, getting your wisdom teeth out for preventative measures is mostly a North American thing. People in other countries only get them extracted if they cause problems.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #10240
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:

Back on covid topic...

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...unlikely-in-us

Experts believe herd immunity unlikely to happen in America, not enough vaccinations.
My dentist strongly recommended I get my wisdom teeth removed. I went for the consoltation, watched a scary-ass info video, and decided I could wait. That was 12 yrs ago. I wasn't having issues at the time and still don't. Not long after that visit, the doctor was suspended and fined for leaving a patient with severe brain damage. I know that isn't the industry standard, but it was enough to remind me to be cautious.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:15 PM   #10241

Thanked 1,433 Times in 562 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Fuck all of you guys with your dentist stories. I'm seeing my dentist this Wednesday for a check up.

I don't need to dig up past traumas before I go.
Y'all want a dentist story? I got one. Buckle up.

Back story, I got bad teeth not by birth but because my parents were cheap, next level asian cheap and never brought me to a dentist as a kid.
Well, years later and I'm in my 20's and already need a damned root canal on a molar. Now, I never liked my dentist, but been seeing them because again... Asian family network or whatever. He always seems too arrogant, doesn't explain the process of what they're doing or really give you options, but hey professionals know what they're doing and not there to give great customer service right? so whatever.

Move to operating chair for the root canal, and I start getting hit with the freezing needles talk, give it a few minutes etc. For whatever reason or other I never freeze well, I need an unusual amount to get fully numb. I have to remind my dentist basically every time even for filling cavities because, well he's not great. You can sense where this is going.

Coming back to the root canal, they explain they're going to do the freezing and I once again remind that I need more than the usual amount. They assure they've done the necessary amount and I won't feel anything. THIS WAS 100% INCORRECT. They drill a hole into the tooth, as you do for root canals... and halfway through the procedure with a gaping hole exposing all my nerves of my molar and what felt like a million tiny acupuncture needles jammed inside, my sense of pain started shooting back real fast and there was nothing I could do about it. I got like 4 hands prying my mouth open, with really sharp things attached to an open tooth, I couldn't do shit. My body was starting to have micro-contractions everywhere, I was trying to fight the pain, sweat was bubbling up and in like seconds I went from dry to dripping like a faucet on my forehead.

I tried to make some noise, or some kind of signal to let them know something was FUCKING NOT RIGHT with the anesthetic but I swear they weren't paying attention to me at all because something was going wrong with the procedure at the same time. Something something about finding a 3rd giant nerve that wasn't on the x-ray I could hear. I'm freaking out internally, all the while I could FEEL MORE of each and every poke and prod, and the drilling straight into my nerves trying to kill it. You want terrorist interrogation techniques? Cut open their tooth and start pinching their nerves. What felt like an eternity but maybe was like a few minutes, they finally notice that I'm sweating profusely (probably not normal eh) and start dabbing me down with tissue after tissue, probably emptied the whole box. They ask if I can FEEL with some concerned faces. I'm like, YA THINK. They scramble to shoot another shot, or two, or three of anesthetic? They decide to end the procedure halfway and write me a prescription for some T3's and sends me on my way saying come back in a few days to finish. I'm pretty pissed and disoriented at this point, and just want out so I leave for the pharmacy.

About 30 minutes later, I'm in the parking lot of Costco heading to the pharmacy to get my painkillers. About halfway walking through the parking lot, the rest of the anesthetic wears off and I felt like Thor himself punched the side of my face, then took some needle tipped pliers to apply pressure to an open wound. I don't know how, I swear I was crawling on the ground at some point but I got to the pharmacy desk to get my prescription. I sat or limped there for what felt like an eternity, got my T3's and immediately downed what was the "theoretical maximum limit" of pills one should take daily (like 10 or something?). I drove my ass home, crawled into bed and passed out for maybe an hour or two. Woke up again with shooting pain from my tooth, I got my damn dentists office on the phone. Demanded to speak with him directly, and no I wasn't going to be called back later. Told em off with the shit I just went through, I'm going to need this shit fixed like now, and that I wasn't going to set foot back on his chair again because he is incompetent for my situation. Get a call first thing the next morning from a dental surgeon, saying they'll see me immediately, and that the dentist will be fully covering the cost of the "friendly referral".

Alright, that's my dentist story. Where were we again? Shots? Yea, I used to get a little tense getting them. All good now. Hows the Covid one, kinda like a quick flu shot right?

@Obsidien. Your old hackjob dentist sounds like my old dentist, what would the odds of that be LOL.

Last edited by Teriyaki; 05-03-2021 at 10:23 PM.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #10242
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,232 Times in 423 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
^
Shit. That was bad.

What's up with shitty cheap Asian dentists?
When I was 12 they needed to extract one of my baby teeth due to crowding. I was calm through the numbing shots until I spotted the extraction tool... A pair of slip joint pliers. Dad was a mechanic, so I can tell that that did not belong there. Also, they looked exactly like the pliers the Asian hardware/dollar store next door to the office sold.

I freak out, knocking things over, trying to get out, can't speak properly as my face is all numb. Mom doesn't listen, because, Asian parents right? I get held down and tooth gets extracted.

It wasn't til later at home when I was about to get the feather duster treatment for "acting up" at the dentist that I manage to sob out what was going on.

We changed dentists pretty soon after that.

On topic: vaccine mixed messaging.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...committee-says
Canadians should wait for Pfizer or Moderna vaccine if they can, federal advisory committee says
However, 'In most places where the outbreak is ongoing in Canada, it would make sense to get the first vaccine possible,' one infectious disease expert counters.

Last edited by Mikoyan; 05-03-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:52 PM   #10243

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Couldn’t even get past the “I never froze well” sentence as that was my same issue. Literally felt a cold chill down my spine.

Corona doesn’t sound all that bad now. Especially not the vaccine hahahah
Old 05-03-2021, 10:57 PM   #10244
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,469 Times in 2,027 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Ideally you would want to remove them when you're young (around 19). That's because the roots are shorter and softer. I think anytime after 24 and the roots become longer and sturdier. Routine panoramic xray would be beneficial in monitoring the teeth. My dentist said to only remove mine if they start bothering me. Everyone is different.

I grew up poor and dental care was a luxury and I have genetically bad teeth. Luckily all my teeth procedures have been good. Had two root canals / crowns last year. Good solid team performing the jobs. Of course I was out $4800.

Ask anyone in their 50s to 70s and they'll tell you what dentists were like back in the day. From the stories, you'd think they were mad scientists using children's teeth to splice genes and create a new army to overthrow the uprising serf class. I'm glad dental technology has come as far as it did.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:38 PM   #10245
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
I'm lucky I have an older brother. He had his wisdom teeth removed in his early 20s, so I had all four of mine removed when I was 16. I can't remember if my orthodontist played a part in recommending me doing it earlier too.

I still remember that pressure from them yanking the tooth and the saw they used to break the tooth into chunks.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:51 PM   #10246
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,726 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Surprisingly, it wasn't so bad for me when I got my wisdom teeth removed. I got all 4 removed at one go and they just froze my mouth. I definitely remembered the pressure though. Kind of scary but you feel nothing, which made it really weird.

I just remembered going back home and my mouth was still all numb with gauze and I tried to kill time by watching a movie and didn't realize I was drooling spit and blood down my shirt cause my lips and chin literally had no feeling for a good couple hours.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:42 AM   #10247

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Haha when I got my wisdom teeth removed all was good until the Anesthetics wore off as I remember running down the hall uncontrollably (I was a teenager at this point). Eventually got the T3’s in me.

They said don’t lay down for a certain period of time (don’t remember how long), but in the evening I was in bed getting the full nurse treatment from my mom. Bunch of pillows, TV remote in hand, probably a bowl of ice cream. Cat on my lap. Life’s good. End up falling asleep and my head tilts sideways. Wake up in a pool of blood lol! I’ve had nose bleeds my entire life, no stranger to blood in the bed. But this was bad.

Go to the ER room, they can’t do anything. Somehow get a hold of my dental surgeon and they get me in at 3:30 in the morning to fix me up. Those guys must have some shitty hours, as this stuff seems pretty common. Haha.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #10248
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,360 Times in 1,792 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
This thread took a weird turn from COVID to needles to dentists.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #10249

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
I think this thread started with a dental convention. Full circle.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #10250
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
So is anyone not afraid of needles or dentists, raise your hands

*raises hand*
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: