REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #1151
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,827 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Won’t disagree with you there.

Honestly I probably come off as a bigger dick than I’m trying to be in typing these messages and the way I write VS the way I’d have a verbal conversation with Somone

However I still think the overall threat is generally low. I do agree greatly with you regarding dieing from unrelated issues because of the strain on the system due to corona (whether the strain is being caused by truly sick people or people simply panicking and clogging ER rooms is another issue)
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #1152
I don't get it

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
My beef is with this gross, uncivilized behaviour where people are rolling out shopping carts full of rice and buying up every roll of TP and paper towel out of ignorance rather than preparation.

It’s no difference than the disgusting behaviour displayed when there was the salt shortage during “snowmagedon” people selfishly hoarding regular items that should be available to all for really, no reason.

You’re buying perishables to “stock up” well if things get really bad, those aren’t going to last long

You’re buying TP and Paper towel based on the assumption that the China effect will effect supplies however virtually all paper products available locally are produced and distributed within Canada.

This same thing has happened all the time and it’s always the same people who freak out. The ignorant, and uninformed. I can remember the exact same scenarios playing out in elementary school, high school, etc. Friends parents who had no grasp on reality terrified for the next epidemic, so much so they wanted their kids to stay home, no one to come over etc.

Weird how all those people are still around and no one ever even ended up getting sick..
I get it. Noone is advocating being selfish or hoarding resources all for themselves. Hell, I didn't even bat an eye for any of the previous outbreaks/Y2K.

This one is different. How do we know? I'm following what the governments around the world are doing. It's a big deal if countries are locking down their citizens without scrutiny. It's also a big deal when large schools are shutting down, ie the University of Washington.

Noone is telling you what to do of course, but try not to hate on people who are preparing themselves or sharing information. I hope you're right and this epidemic blows over like Y2K. Evidence is suggesting otherwise.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 PM   #1153
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 29 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Or their just being rational.

“18,000 Americans have died during this years flu season starting in sept” :

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...virus-covid-19

The fear of the unknown is the fear. However, as that article I posted up top said, many legitamite doctors and scientists feel that the mortality rate is actually lower than what has been reported.
I am still skeptical of reported numbers from China. But from news around the world, there are recommendations to prepare and that's what the majority is basing it on. In many ways it's better be prepared than not I guess but in terms of why toilet paper is one of those items. Not a clue.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #1154
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,611 Times in 1,757 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
All of the world's leaders, and leading scientists, need to work closely together to contain this outbreak. No time for complacency. Hoarding of rice, toilet paper etc, is useless when we do not have a vaccine!

Director General of the World Health Organization's tweet:

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus

@DrTedros

We're concerned that in some countries the level of political commitment & the actions that demonstrate that commitment don't match the level of the threat we all face. This is
NOT a drill
NOT the time to give up
NOT a time for excuses
This is a time for pulling out all the stops
Old 03-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #1155
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,989 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
You can be a dick, just be an informed dick. Don't be an the ignorant dick. Otherwise, when you argue with one another, it becomes a circle jerk.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2020, 06:22 PM   #1156
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,565 Times in 4,934 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
You mean like Maria Ozawa bukkake scene?

Except, Integra Girl. Ewwwwww................ why oh why did I have to add that? I’m scarred and very scared.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #1157
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts

oh China lol...
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2020, 09:57 PM   #1158
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Stats are stats, are they all true... to some extend they should be.
Is every country reporting ALL convid19 and or deaths... I will give 20% buffer due to lies etc... Regardless, China will always be in the shit tank cause it'll always be known as the origin and US right now, regardless of numbers, is most likely not prepared due to the mass population + dumb president.

Honestly, I am not scared at this COVID 19 at all. Good hygenie yes, but what else can I fucking do to "prevent". Am I going to stock pile? Nope. I honestly can't think of anything I have done DIFFERENTLY since Jan 31 outbreak until now.

I had someone who came back from China prior to lockdown + HK and have had a full 4 weeks of quarantine... How can I be worried??? He/she is still human and I'm still having dinner and spending time with them.

What can I honestly do more right now? I asked my mom... what lifestyle changes have you had aside from washing your hands more.... She couldn't pin point anything.

-Not buying maks
-Ain't stock piling
-still going to dim sum... (not going to be racist and ignore honger / mainland places).
-still going to canucks
-going to concerts.....
-still shaking hands at job interviews...
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #1159
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
Told you guys
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #1160
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:57 AM   #1161
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Stephen Harper, Mike Pence attend conference where two test positive for COVID-19

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/stephe...d-19-1.4842955

Quote:
At least two people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus after attending the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) conference in Washington, D.C., where former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and U.S. Vice President Mike Pence were in attendance.

“We have confirmed that at least two Policy Conference attendees from New York have tested positive for the coronavirus,” read a statement issued by the AIPAC Friday.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:52 AM   #1162
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Stats are stats, are they all true... to some extend they should be.
Is every country reporting ALL convid19 and or deaths... I will give 20% buffer due to lies etc... Regardless, China will always be in the shit tank cause it'll always be known as the origin and US right now, regardless of numbers, is most likely not prepared due to the mass population + dumb president.

Honestly, I am not scared at this COVID 19 at all. Good hygenie yes, but what else can I fucking do to "prevent". Am I going to stock pile? Nope. I honestly can't think of anything I have done DIFFERENTLY since Jan 31 outbreak until now.

I had someone who came back from China prior to lockdown + HK and have had a full 4 weeks of quarantine... How can I be worried??? He/she is still human and I'm still having dinner and spending time with them.

What can I honestly do more right now? I asked my mom... what lifestyle changes have you had aside from washing your hands more.... She couldn't pin point anything.

-Not buying maks
-Ain't stock piling
-still going to dim sum... (not going to be racist and ignore honger / mainland places).
-still going to canucks
-going to concerts.....
-still shaking hands at job interviews...

Hygiene and minimizing public gatherings would be good practice. Though it seems to have been overlooked, or at least not mentioned nearly enough, a strong immune system is probably the best defense.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...-immune-system

Quote:
Your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as these:

Don't smoke.

Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.

Exercise regularly.

Maintain a healthy weight.

If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.

Get adequate sleep.

Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.

Try to minimize stress.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:05 AM   #1163
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 24 Times in 14 Posts
What do you guys think.
We are going on a Disney cruise from Vancouver to Alaska the end of May. Would you guys cancel. They are offering full credit used within 12 months. On another hand the cruise will be emptier than normal which is good.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:10 AM   #1164
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
cancel for sure

Unless you don’t mind taking an extra month off (14 day quarantine on board and another before you go back to work)
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:35 AM   #1165
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
What do you guys think.
We are going on a Disney cruise from Vancouver to Alaska the end of May. Would you guys cancel. They are offering full credit used within 12 months. On another hand the cruise will be emptier than normal which is good.
My friend went on a disney cruise, it's epiccccc. Her daughter loved it at age 7 and loved the princess theme. By far the best cruise and totally done right for the kids.

If this is for family (kids) then I would still go. If this is for yourself... I would postpone.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:49 AM   #1166

Failed 24 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
My friend went on a disney cruise, it's epiccccc. Her daughter loved it at age 7 and loved the princess theme. By far the best cruise and totally done right for the kids.

If this is for family (kids) then I would still go. If this is for yourself... I would postpone.
Lol yes it’s for my kids. It would be weird for a middle age man to go on a Disney cruise alone. Lol

Hope this gets contained by end of May. They allow us to cancel with full credit all the way up until sail day.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #1167

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Cancel it. Stuck on a ship. Breathing recycled air. Close proximity to others. Have u heard, learnt nothing about coronavirus. Wth. Why take risk
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #1168

Yea to each their own, but I can not comprehend why people would not just wait until a vaccine is available.
It's probably gonna be less than a year.

These trips/events are not dire, IMO.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #1169

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think we can put political BS aside and still pay respect to the doctors and nurses that sacrificed themselves due to selfishness and ignorance of select few people who decide to eat bats(which is by no means a popular delicacy in China, just like dogs).

As for the origin, my boss told me there are always three sides of a story: my side, your side and the truth. I doubt any Average Joe will get to the truth so it really just boils down to who you believe.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #1170

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Won’t disagree with you there.

However I still think the overall threat is generally low.
Sure u do. With Ur vast medical training. did you have a hunch like Donald Trump.

All health authorities are prepping like crazy to contain this as it's already in community spreading phase. Bcss is even setting up systems to let ALL employees to work from home. And have skeleton staff on rotation at work. All major companies r planning the same.

Last edited by Rallydrv; 03-07-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2020, 12:19 PM   #1171

Outbreak in North Vancouver care facility being reported.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6645114/c...pdate-march-7/
-Norm Franz
Old 03-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #1172

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Outbreak in North Vancouver care facility being reported.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6645114/c...pdate-march-7/
I am not surprised that this happened. It was going to happen sooner or later especially the way our health minister DR BONNIE HENRY and TREUDAU are dealing with this situation. (Allowing people to come to Canada straight from countries with outbreaks and cruise ships without any mandatory isolation/quarantine) They even believe the OUTBREAK happened at the home care because ppl came straight from Iran and cruise ship and continued on without taking any precaution.

Also I love how DR BONNIE HENRY tears up on TV like she even cares. If she truly cared, they would have handled the situation differently. One thing they could have at least do is put hand sanitizing stations everywhere (especially in sky train stations or in buses and malls), but oh wait, there isn't any hand sanitizers available because theyre sold out or maybe they honestly just dont care. So encouraging us to do frequent hand hygiene doesnt work because obviously because we dont carry a sink and bottle of soap with us everywhere we go. Its almost like they're teasing us.

Well played DR BONNIE HENRY and TRUDEAU. Obviously ppl are taking care of themselves by overstocking cause our government doesnt give a shit about us and care more about their publicity instead. I wouldn't be surprised if the outbreak gets worse within next week. I am a healthcare worker and I live with my parents at home. If it does get worse, I would not hesitate to call in sick and do no shows. I am putting my family first and dont want to risk bringing the virus back to my home with my aging parents w/ several medical conditions. Lets say even if I do get sick this week from work, I will need self isolate, but where? at home with my parents who have higher mortality rates than me? Is the government or employer going to provide a place for me to self isolate? I dont think so.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 03-07-2020 at 01:01 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #1173
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts

speaks the truth.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:52 PM   #1174
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Pandemic film Contagion becomes one of iTunes' most-watched movies

https://www.cnet.com/news/pandemic-f...atched-movies/
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2020, 02:31 PM   #1175
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
People, including healthcare professionals, who continue to peddle this false rhetoric that COVID-19 is nowhere near as serious as the flu, continuing to tell people not to panic because you're not going to die from COVID-19 (LoOk At ThE mOrTaLiTy RaTeS), BECAUSE THE WHO AND THE CDC SAID SO, really need to shut the fuck up.

Anyone with half a spine knows that the actions and decisions made by the WHO and obviously the CDC, are bound to politics through a fragile balance between several different factors.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: