REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #11901
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,856 Times in 7,375 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I’m sure the results of the election will be the same as the last one, and no meaningful legislation (like subsidized childcare anywhere else other than Quebec) will be enacted.
Cons and NDP have done a great job of ensuring that Canada is now a 1 party system, but will remain relevant enough that the status quo is maintained.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #11902
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,264 Times in 2,045 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ so it's ok for NDP to call a provincial election but it's not for liberals?
This is the sh*t show that we call politics. Always NOT OK if others do exactly what you do.

I remember being incensed that the Republicans pushed through a SC nominee in Trump's last days and before Obama's last days, the Dems tried and Republicans called them out on it and prevented it ... I thot WTF? Until I remembered, ah ... this is politics so what you say and do at one moment doesn't mean a damn thing in the next.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #11903
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,752 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ so it's ok for NDP to call a provincial election but it's not for liberals?

I was just thinking about this last night, if all the anti Vax who get infected and don't die does it mean that they have natural antibodies against Coronas? ??? Profit, don't need to waste vaccines on them and continue to roll out the vaccine passports for us in September.

Natural antibodies against Covid can still mean health issues in the long term for some Covid patients.

https://www.richmond-news.com/local-...-henry-3126342

While some people can develop severe illness from COVID-19, others may have impacts lasting weeks or months – even if they were never hospitalized, and had a “relatively mild illness.”

That’s according to Dr. Bonnie Henry, B.C.’s provincial health officer, who added that young people are telling of symptoms such as “fatigue – like difficulty even sitting up – profound fatigue that lasts for a long period of time.”

Meanwhile, for people who have pneumonias, longer-lasting symptoms have included difficulty breathing and shortness of breath that can “last for a long time,” she said, during Thursday's COVID-19 media briefing.

There’s also a sub-group of people, more likely men than women – although Henry said the reasons for this aren’t completely understood – who have increased clotting in their blood which can lead to clotting of the arteries around the heart as well as heart attacks, challenges with brain injury or pulmonary embolism.

Some of those effects can happen “weeks later,” said Henry.

Our health care system is going to be impacted big time from patients who have ongoing health issues.

Sure, some Covid patients may survive. It is those patients who are not killed by Covid that will put our health care system to the test.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:26 AM   #11904
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
Vaccine deniers hurl questions and insults during COVID-19 town hall

Quote:
More than one caller was cut off before they could finish their flurry of questions and accusations during a telephone and online public town hall meeting for Interior Health residents, featuring B.C’s Provincial Health Officer.

Dr. Bonnie Henry and Minister of Health Adrian Dix hosted the town hall to answer questions as the Central Okanagan, and Kelowna in particular, remain the hotbed of new COVID-19 infections in the province.

The first caller was from Kelowna. She suggested the government was using psychological manipulation and censorship to control what she claimed was ‘so much data’ showing the adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccines.

The second caller carried on that line of questioning, quoting information he had gathered that the PCR test isn’t reliable and again bringing up reports of adverse effects of vaccines.

Dr. Henry weighed in to refute the claims. She said a lot of people are trying to undermine science and people’s confidence in vaccines.

“I would encourage you to speak to people who have been absolutely affected by this virus and to people who are protected from the vaccines that we have. What we are seeing right now, with the increase in the number of people getting sick with the virus, is that it is happening. 97 percent of those people are people who are not yet protected through vaccination.”

Another man started his question by accusing Dr. Henry of being a "strategically placed agent of the United Nation and the Rockefeller Foundation working for Bill Gates and Big Pharma."

The health minister was quick to jump in and defend the chief medical officer.

“Dr Henry is an outstanding leader in public health care, something she has demonstrated throughout this pandemic...and what we don’t need is untrue personal attacks,” said Adrian Dix. He added that many people have lost their lives in this pandemic and they deserve a respectful and serious discussion.

Other callers had questions related to the efficacy of mixed vaccines, restrictions on tourists, how to get vaccinated if you are not a B.C. resident but are in the area, and a woman from Nelson wondered if new restrictions could be coming in parts of the West Kootenays, where cases are also on the rise.

Dr. Sue Pollock, Medical Health Officer with Interior Health Authority, also answered a query about the breakdown of cases during the current outbreak.

She said there have been roughly 1,800 since July 1. 74 percent of those people had not been immunized, 19 percent had one dose and seven percent two doses. Of the 41 people currently hospitalized, more than 80 percent are unvaccinated individuals.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:34 AM   #11905

Has anyone heard of the expression "Do stupid things, win stupid prizes"?

I think that some of these anti-vaxxers who still refuse to get vaccines shots to protect themselves against Covid want a stupid prize.

Covid!

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-12-2021 at 12:58 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #11906
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,855 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ I love the blissful innocence and simplicity of all your posts
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:47 PM   #11907
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,551 Times in 3,548 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Cons just upset about the election call because the party is a mess and they will lose big time.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:01 PM   #11908
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,360 Times in 1,792 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...eb2x&context=3

This posts summarizes how I generally feel.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #11909
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,855 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I saw in Germany after all the protests they have basically thrown down a gauntlet:

All events require proof of vaccination or a negative test prior to entering and they’re not paying for tests anymore… so they’re hoping if they hit people in their pocketbook paying for tests or having a stick shoved up their stupid nose every fucking time they go to something it will make them think twice and go get the FREE vaccine.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #11910
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I saw in Germany after all the protests they have basically thrown down a gauntlet:

All events require proof of vaccination or a negative test prior to entering and they’re not paying for tests anymore… so they’re hoping if they hit people in their pocketbook paying for tests or having a stick shoved up their stupid nose every fucking time they go to something it will make them think twice and go get the FREE vaccine.
I'm wondering if Alberta is trying to do the same thing by not requiring masks, tests or quarantining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:34 PM   #11911

Alberta is just trying to be different for political reasons. If there is no big spike in cases kenny can brag about how smart he is compared to the leaders of other provinces and the federal government.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #11912
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Alberta is just trying to be different for political reasons. If there is no big spike in cases kenny can brag about how smart he is compared to the leaders of other provinces and the federal government.
That's a huge gamble with the Delta variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:05 PM   #11913

https://theprovince.com/sports/hocke...r-arena-access

The Canucks are considering proof of vaccination in order to allow entry into Rogers Arena.

No proof of vaccination, no watching Canucks games even if you bought game tickets.

Following the news the Winnipeg Jets will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination from both staff and ticket holders for access to Canada LIfe Centre, the NHL team’s arena, the Vancouver Canucks have confirmed to Postmedia they are also considering similar measures.

“We are in continuous dialogue with the health authorities and are fully committed to the safety of our staff, players, season ticket members and fans as we prepare to welcome everyone back to Rogers Arena and Abbotsford Centre next month,” the team said in an email.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:06 PM   #11914
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...eb2x&context=3

This posts summarizes how I generally feel.
its been said a couple times in this thread. If you refuse to get vaccinated u refuse the right for healthcare if u have a covid related issue, they should really pass this as law. My wife told me that if she refuses to get the flu shot, if she gets sick, shes not entitled to sick pay. Why cant something similiar be implemented......
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #11915
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
If you’re a healthcare worker..maybe..but that policy wouldn’t fly almost anywhere. By that logic if you get the flu shot you shouldn’t be entitled to sick days for flu-related symptoms either.

In Canada we can’t make murder charges stick for pre-mediated first degree murders, there isn’t a chance in hell anyone would touch an issue like unvaccinated can’t get health care. Won’t ever happen.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #11916
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
^i know its wishful thinking, and if it ever did happen, Canada would be the last country to do it.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM   #11917

Thanked 31,856 Times in 7,375 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Making a bet when your already bankrupt and won’t pay for it anyways is a good bet.
They couldn’t hate Jason bobason the cheeseburger walrus more than they already do.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #11918
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...kers-1.6138703

mandatory vax for car aides
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #11919
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Funny typo for RS.

But good. Fuck, of all the fields to work in and refuse a vaccine, health-care should not be one of them.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 04:43 PM   #11920

Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,246 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Funny typo for RS.

But good. Fuck, of all the fields to work in and refuse a vaccine, health-care should not be one of them.
Lol, I was wondering what a “car aide” was...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #11921
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
My aunt needed care aides, she was dealing with dementia, one of her care aides (from a team of rn's) came to our home with the flu, visibly ill, we didn't notice her until they were all in my aunts room treating her.

The aide had gotten my aunt ill, it was the last push needed on her downward spiral, she ended up in the icu from that, the flu didn't go away, and became pneumonia, the doctors requested a stop treatment, saying it would be more cruel to continue treating/feeding her, it broke my mom mentally because she couldn't agree to that, my aunt passed away a month later, my mother hasn't been the same since

So, I fully support all medical staff being required to get vaccinations, it should be a given
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #11922

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
We are talking about a guy who bet over a billion tax payer dollars that trump would win the election. Who cares if people die as long as he gets to keep his job.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #11923
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,870 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
Isn't Alberta fucked? They don't need to gamble they are over 500 cases a day already
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:58 PM   #11924
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Failed 26 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
its been said a couple times in this thread. If you refuse to get vaccinated u refuse the right for healthcare if u have a covid related issue, they should really pass this as law. My wife told me that if she refuses to get the flu shot, if she gets sick, shes not entitled to sick pay. Why cant something similiar be implemented......
Should also implement this for smokers, obese and those that ride motorcycles without seatbelts and helmets
Old 08-12-2021, 08:05 PM   #11925

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
Should also implement this for smokers, obese and those that ride motorcycles without seatbelts and helmets
Since when do motorcycles have seat belts?