REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #12751
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
There was a thread on r/vancouver about the recent protests, and someone (claiming to be an Afghan refugee) said something on the lines of "fuck some of y'all are so entitled and have zero sense of what's going on outside your bubble".

...and then some whackjobs held a vigil for the coyotes that were killed in stanley park...like seriously.
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2021, 03:19 PM   #12752
in the butt

Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,285 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Life sure is hard here in canada

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:00 PM   #12753
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...help-1.6184484

Quote:
Alberta's UCP government is asking Ottawa for immediate help to lessen pressure on the province's health-care system, which is overburdened with COVID-19 patients.

Municipal Affairs Minister Ric McIver formally requested aid and an immediate meeting with federal Public Safety Minister Bill Blair in a Tuesday letter.

He asked for the federal government to provide aero-medical evacuation capability to relocate patients out of Alberta, and intensive care unit (ICU) registered nurses and respiratory therapists to assist in Alberta's critical care response.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #12754
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
To the people who were thinking of maybe giving the Conservatives a chance at doing a better job with covid (despite not even knowing what they'd do other than it would possibly be something different): Look at Alberta. That would be the entire country.

(and yes I know, provincial parties aren't the same as federal parties)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2021, 05:12 PM   #12755

Thanked 1,881 Times in 992 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
Nah I think we should let them have the best winter ever! Make Alberta great again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2021, 07:27 AM   #12756
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
There was a thread on r/vancouver about the recent protests, and someone (claiming to be an Afghan refugee) said something on the lines of "fuck some of y'all are so entitled and have zero sense of what's going on outside your bubble".
to be fair we were told stay tf home, build blanket forts then not to venture past metrotown or the bridges, hard not to get stuck in a bubble mentality
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #12757
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I mean, that was a pretty small portion of this pandemic, and any perspective at all would make being bombed seem a bit worse than having to get your cactus club door dashed.
You’re probably being sarcastic and I didn’t get it though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2021, 07:35 PM   #12758

seeing people cling onto their life off a military plane as it takes off = fuck i can't even comprehend how lucky i have it

changing subject: does anyone know if sinovac is eligible for bc vaccine card? i'm hearing it is but can't find it online
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #12759
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
seeing people cling onto their life off a military plane as it takes off = fuck i can't even comprehend how lucky i have it

changing subject: does anyone know if sinovac is eligible for bc vaccine card? i'm hearing it is but can't find it online
Looks like on this PDF it's okay to get Sinovac for your first dose if you follow it up with a Pfizer or Moderna:

http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site...d-vaccines.pdf
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2021, 08:08 PM   #12760
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,233 Times in 424 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
https://edmonton.citynews.ca/video/2...-edmonton-icu/

A number of Edson residents are in Edmonton ICUs following a gathering to try and get COVID-19– as a way to achieve natural immunity.

Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2021, 08:28 PM   #12761

guess i'll wait until well after oct 24 to remove mask while working out at gym then
Old 09-23-2021, 01:17 AM   #12762

https://twitter.com/MrRaceBannon/sta...ocial-media%2F
Old 09-23-2021, 07:12 AM   #12763
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,361 Times in 1,792 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
We've already established the Doug Ford's daughter is an entitled narcissist with no understanding of what she's talking about.

We don't need to beat this dead horse.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2021, 11:01 AM   #12764
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-exposed-covid

Florida says students no longer have to quarantine if they've been exposed to someone with covid
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:59 PM   #12765

Covid is worse in the winter, so if you know any "wait and see" people, see if they'll get vaccinated soon
Old 09-24-2021, 02:46 AM   #12766

Singapore on lockdown again, max gatherings of 2 people, schools closed, etc. For 2 weeks

56 people died in the last 2 weeks, 13 were fully vaccinated (all over 60)

This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2021, 07:13 AM   #12767
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,196 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts

Public service announcement regarding covid from family guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #12768
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^Well......... if that's what it takes? hahaha
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #12769

Thanked 1,881 Times in 992 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
832 cases on Thursday there's sure a lot of unvaccinated left, Coronas gotta catch dem all
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #12770
in the butt

Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,285 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Corona caught the second one of our anti vaxxers at work a few days ago
Vaxxed record still clean

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #12771

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I've been wrecking my brain trying to find a good analogy to some of these anti-vaxers, specifically to this common misconception they continue to parrot:

"People vaccinated can still get COVID! And they can still pass it! No point in getting vaxxed then!"

My argument is always explained as follows:

"Virus transmission is very simple, the more the virus has a chance to multiply within your body, the more transmittable you are as a carrier. When vaccinated, your body has the necessary immune response to effectively slow and minimize the ability for the virus to spread and multiply within your body, effectively allowing your immune system to destroy the virus in a quick manner. This results in the inability for the virus to spread to another person as easily, as it simply cannot multiply, and your body defeats it sooner. It’s very simple science, none of this is complicated.

Think of it the same way as having an infection, what happens when you take antibiotics versus if you don’t? The infection can multiply and effectively become more transmittable from person to person. When taking the antibiotics, while you can still pass said infection, but it is mitigated and ultimately destroyed within days of taking the dosage."

The above seems to quell some of their argument, but I'm trying to break it down to an even dumber way of explaining it, a simple, idiot-free analogy. Something along the lines of thinking vaccines are like say, sun screen. You don't put any on, your skin is more exposed to UV damage, you put some on, while you can still get burned, you're less susceptible. Seems simple enough, but I need an analogy to the whole transmission narrative.

I honestly think I spend way too much time thinking about this shit, too many idiot friends that are against getting vaccinated, and I'm tired of arguing with them
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #12772

Thanked 5,184 Times in 1,969 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
The Atlantic had a good piece that offered these simple analogies, actually:

Casting the spread of infection as fire, and humans as the kindling that the flames need to persist. They’re sprays of flame retardant that can waylay fire on the move, while also shielding vegetation from the worst of the burn. The more trees are protected, the sooner the fire has nowhere left to go.

Another option: thwarting bugs with insecticides, given that curbing an infestation in one apartment slashes the chances that it will move next door.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:00 PM   #12773
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I've been wrecking my brain trying to find a good analogy to some of these anti-vaxers, specifically to this common misconception they continue to parrot:

"People vaccinated can still get COVID! And they can still pass it! No point in getting vaxxed then!"

My argument is always explained as follows:

"Virus transmission is very simple, the more the virus has a chance to multiply within your body, the more transmittable you are as a carrier. When vaccinated, your body has the necessary immune response to effectively slow and minimize the ability for the virus to spread and multiply within your body, effectively allowing your immune system to destroy the virus in a quick manner. This results in the inability for the virus to spread to another person as easily, as it simply cannot multiply, and your body defeats it sooner. It’s very simple science, none of this is complicated.

Think of it the same way as having an infection, what happens when you take antibiotics versus if you don’t? The infection can multiply and effectively become more transmittable from person to person. When taking the antibiotics, while you can still pass said infection, but it is mitigated and ultimately destroyed within days of taking the dosage."

The above seems to quell some of their argument, but I'm trying to break it down to an even dumber way of explaining it, a simple, idiot-free analogy. Something along the lines of thinking vaccines are like say, sun screen. You don't put any on, your skin is more exposed to UV damage, you put some on, while you can still get burned, you're less susceptible. Seems simple enough, but I need an analogy to the whole transmission narrative.

I honestly think I spend way too much time thinking about this shit, too many idiot friends that are against getting vaccinated, and I'm tired of arguing with them
I'd argue that it's easier to just get new friends
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2021, 02:58 AM   #12774

Old 09-26-2021, 12:49 PM   #12775
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 86 Times in 38 Posts
Been to couple of dine in restaurants scanning vaccine passport before entering. So far, none asked for ID to cross check with name on the qr code.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote