REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-19-2021, 01:02 PM   #13726
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Tottenham match yesterday

Spoiler!
As of yesterday UK posts 89,000 new covid cases
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2021, 01:11 PM   #13727
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
And yet they still function
Old 12-19-2021, 01:28 PM   #13728
I STILL don't get it

Failed 3 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Of course they can function. No government would let their health care system fail. The key is how much impact would that be overall.

More Covid cases, more chances for health care workers to catch Covid leading to less health care workers available to help. Doesn’t take someone with a PHD to understand the risks of letting things get out of control.
Vege is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2021, 01:39 PM   #13729
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
That's a definitively incorrect statement.
There is endless information from everywhere from media, to patients in the healthcare system, to people that work in hospitals, even that have posted about their increases in OT in this very thread. Just because you don't like the info available due to it conflicting with what you've already decided the truth is doesn't mean it isn't real.
Oh. You have a source? Current numbers - 121 in ICU with 'Covid' and 139 hospitals; less than 1 per hospital. That is the available info, I like it. So, what is incorrect?
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:48 PM   #13730
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Not all hospitals have I us which have ventilators

There's around 286 hospitals in all of Canada with at least 1 ventilator, this was a study conducted after the 2009/2010 influenza crisis

https://ccforum.biomedcentral.com/tr...015-0852-6.pdf

And there's a bunch more info in there if u want to get a better understanding on how capable or incapable Canada is if shit hits the fan
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #13731

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Not all hospitals have I us which have ventilators

There's around 286 hospitals in all of Canada with at least 1 ventilator, this was a study conducted after the 2009/2010 influenza crisis

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...015-0852-6.pdf
Even though SNC Lavlin was caught in a patronage scandal, our Liberal government gave them another $28 million contract to supply ventilators; they have no manufacturing facility, they have no warehouse, and they have supplied no ventilators to date; moot point though, as it 'science' for the MSM followers has proven they are not the proven remedy for CV. Look that up as well.
Old 12-19-2021, 02:25 PM   #13732
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,858 Times in 7,377 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Oh. You have a source? Current numbers - 121 in ICU with 'Covid' and 139 hospitals; less than 1 per hospital. That is the available info, I like it. So, what is incorrect?
So, if 121 people were not in the ICU with covid, that would be 121 less people in the ICU. You think that 121 extra ICU patients has no impact? Do you think that if those people didn’t have covid they’d just magically have 121 other ailments that take up those beds? Do you think when they say surgeries are being delayed because of covid patients they are just lying? Do you think that the nurses and doctors they have had to task with treating covid patients came out of thin air? Do you think ICU is the only metric of a healthcare systems operation?
It’s not that complicated man. My source is my wife, who in 2020 was moved to a covid ward from her position in maternity. My source is my friend who is a plastic surgeon, who had to come back from her elective to cover shifts in emerg while doctors with more experience were moved to fill shifts that never existed in the ICU. My source is the 10 extra shift call outs my wife would receive per week during the peak of this. Ask someone who works in the profession.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 12-19-2021 at 02:31 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #13733
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,927 Times in 2,565 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
didn't catch the convo, but to add to westopher, medical professionals are also being called away to vax clinics - further stretching existing stretched/short departments.

i have family in healthcare

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2021, 07:16 PM   #13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
So, if 121 people were not in the ICU with covid, that would be 121 less people in the ICU. You think that 121 extra ICU patients has no impact? Do you think that if those people didn’t have covid they’d just magically have 121 other ailments that take up those beds? Do you think when they say surgeries are being delayed because of covid patients they are just lying? Do you think that the nurses and doctors they have had to task with treating covid patients came out of thin air? Do you think ICU is the only metric of a healthcare systems operation?
It’s not that complicated man. My source is my wife, who in 2020 was moved to a covid ward from her position in maternity. My source is my friend who is a plastic surgeon, who had to come back from her elective to cover shifts in emerg while doctors with more experience were moved to fill shifts that never existed in the ICU. My source is the 10 extra shift call outs my wife would receive per week during the peak of this. Ask someone who works in the profession.
So, your source must have data to back up every word you say - I saw how you hated anyone not vaxxed earlier. Cool story, yet all verbal. My wife works in a liquor store - has hundreds of people in there a day. Not one CV in the group, never locked down, but so scary. lol. Don't let facts interfere with your heart string woke shit.

You ask questions yet want to put words in mouths, that is the norm now. Hate. Hate it up. Your online opinion is better than the 'science'.

So, anecdotes aside, StatsCan posted this last week - go ahead, look it up, don't let your strife stories sway your opinion. Interesting how almost no one had influenza last year and we had less deaths than average - incredible pandemic. Scary . Scary stories.

Gotta love the part where it states it is not higher than influenza numbers and also that if someone has a pre existing condition but has Covid when they die, that number is counted as Covid - and it still lowered our overall deaths. It's the biggest scam, sold to the biggest suckers

Spoiler!

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 12-19-2021 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Please resize your images
Old 12-19-2021, 07:27 PM   #13735
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,522 Times in 1,717 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
you know, at first it was sort of a chuckle seeing what you had to say when you clearly have no idea what's going on in hospitals. but now it's just sort of sad seeing how confident you are in your argument. sad because you truly believe what you're saying is the truth and no other truth could possibly exist.

nurses are quitting left and right, seeking greener pastures (even if temporary). our hospital has been ridiculously busy the last few months with HARDLY a single slower day. the amount of OT we are all doing is honestly rather insane. yet, you sit there thinking it isn't all that bad and it hasn't completely failed yet so whatever? o ok.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #13736

Thanked 31,858 Times in 7,377 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Directly from stats canada
23,547 excess deaths in 2020. I'm only asking you rhetorical questions, because the whole point is that you don't have the answer.
That has a negative effect on the healthcare system. The one you said has always been strained anyways. So when you add more pressure to a strained system, it's not that complicated to see, that's bad.
Quote:
To understand both the direct and indirect consequences of the pandemic, it is important to measure excess mortality, which occurs when there are more deaths than expected in a given period. It should be noted that, even without a pandemic, there is always some year-to-year variation in the number of people who die in a given week. This means that the number of expected deaths should fall within a certain range of values. There is evidence of excess mortality when weekly deaths are consistently higher than the expected number, but especially when they exceed the range of what is expected over several consecutive weeks.

From March 2020 to the beginning of June 2021, there were an estimated 23,547 excess deaths in Canada, or 6.7% more deaths than what would be expected were there no pandemic, after accounting for changes in the population, such as aging. Over this same period, 24,910 deaths were directly attributed to COVID-19. While COVID-19 deaths were still observed, significant excess mortality has not been observed nationally for the total population using the provisional death data since February 2021.

Building on insights based on excess mortality, age-standardized mortality rates for 2020—which are adjusted to account for changes in population size and age composition—are compared with previous years to better understand how overall mortality trends for certain age groups may have been driven by different causes of death.

Overall mortality rates in 2020 increased for all age groups compared with previous years—particularly for the youngest and oldest populations. However, while COVID-19 appeared to be the main driver for increased mortality rates in 2020 among older populations, for younger age groups, increases in unintentional poisonings (which includes overdoses) were also a factor.
Quote:
So, your source must have data to back up every word you say - I saw how you hated anyone not vaxxed earlier. Cool story, yet all verbal. My wife works in a liquor store - has hundreds of people in there a day. Not one CV in the group, never locked down, but so scary. lol. Don't let facts interfere with your heart string woke shit.

You ask questions yet want to put words in mouths, that is the norm now. Hate. Hate it up. Your online opinion is better than the 'science'.

So, anecdotes aside, StatsCan posted this last week - go ahead, look it up, don't let your strife stories sway your opinion. Interesting how almost no one had influenza last year and we had less deaths than average - incredible pandemic. Scary . Scary stories.

Gotta love the part where it states it is not higher than influenza numbers and also that if someone has a pre existing condition but has Covid when they die, that number is counted as Covid - and it still lowered our overall deaths. It's the biggest scam, sold to the biggest suckers
No ones putting words in your mouth here. You are directly conflicting with info thats posted from the website you are referencing.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2021, 07:53 PM   #13737
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
Lol. Why do you guys even argue with him? He's the classic straw man.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #13738
in the butt

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,281 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:

[

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2021, 11:28 PM   #13739
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 06:31 AM   #13740

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
you know, at first it was sort of a chuckle seeing what you had to say when you clearly have no idea what's going on in hospitals. but now it's just sort of sad seeing how confident you are in your argument. sad because you truly believe what you're saying is the truth and no other truth could possibly exist.

nurses are quitting left and right, seeking greener pastures (even if temporary). our hospital has been ridiculously busy the last few months with HARDLY a single slower day. the amount of OT we are all doing is honestly rather insane. yet, you sit there thinking it isn't all that bad and it hasn't completely failed yet so whatever? o ok.
No, I mentioned our healthcare system has been strained for decades; this is nothing new. I'm not closed minded to any truths, lots of possibilities can exist and we learn more daily. So, your opinion of how I think is very far fetched and not close to truth.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:15 AM   #13741
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:

ROFL, your wife works at a liquor store. Westopher's wife works as an ICU nurse. I don't know if you're trying to be sarcastic here but if we're just trading anecdotes here ....sorry "truths" you don't have to be a brain surgeon to realize how ridiculously trollish you sound.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 08:38 AM   #13742

Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,339 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
I haven't really known too many people who have tested positive for Covid until this week. My 3 buddies all tested positive, 1 last week and 2 this weekend and non of us have been around each other in a month so 3 different incidences.

I'm curious to see where the numbers go in the next month.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #13743
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,870 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
I have a friend who works in a lab that tests for COVID, they are saying most positives now are Omicron
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #13744
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,523 Times in 2,630 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I feel like I am feeding the troll, but whatever...

What part of "cancelled elective surgeries" do you not understand? This has been happening for quite some time since the pandemic started to ensure that we have adequate hospital resources to care for the COVID patients when they show up at the hospitals. Occasionally the directive is rescinded when COVID caseloads drop.

And in case you didn't know, a lot of these "elective surgeries" aren't really "elective" at all -- it just means the patient isn't in any imminent life threatening danger at the moment. They most definitely still require medical attention.
Quote:
Oh, the old 'don't burden the healthcare' argument. Well, our healthcare has been over burdened for decades, with national publications doing several articles about it - including Macleans and every Provincial paper. Go ahead, look it up; it's woke to throw words, but the reality is - the hospitals are running along just the same as always and the division government puts between people where it is okay to spew lies and hate one another, well look around - you're in great company here.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 09:54 AM   #13745

Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,339 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I feel like I am feeding the troll, but whatever...

What part of "cancelled elective surgeries" do you not understand? This has been happening for quite some time since the pandemic started to ensure that we have adequate hospital resources to care for the COVID patients when they show up at the hospitals. Occasionally the directive is rescinded when COVID caseloads drop.

And in case you didn't know, a lot of these "elective surgeries" aren't really "elective" at all -- it just means the patient isn't in any imminent life threatening danger at the moment. They most definitely still require medical attention.
This I can confirm, my dad had to have one of his kidneys removed because of cancer and surgery was pushed a month that was at the beginning of this year.

My mom was in the hospital with a punctured and collapsed lung, actually died twice had to be brought back was on a ventilator, basically a week after she was off the ventilator pushed out the door when she wasn't ready because they needed the bed, this was 3 weeks ago. This is in Sask. where they were flying some people to different Provinces for treatment.

Covid is stressing the hospitals.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #13746
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,856 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Zedbra bored.

Zedbra come repeat posts made months ago and months ago before that.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #13747
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Are we doing a throwback to nonsense from ages ago as a way to end off the year or something? When is the "it's just a flu" guy gonna show up?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 11:11 AM   #13748
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,264 Times in 2,045 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I haven't really known too many people who have tested positive for Covid until this week. My 3 buddies all tested positive, 1 last week and 2 this weekend and non of us have been around each other in a month so 3 different incidences.

I'm curious to see where the numbers go in the next month.
Yah, I'm thinking it will be REAL hard to evade this wave. Bracing myself to catch it even with all kinds of precaution. But is this the one where you catch it, mild symptoms, and then build up anti-bodies? Hopefully.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2021, 11:34 AM   #13749

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Seeing the line ups of cars that are going to the testing centres, shit looks like we’re gonna go off the rails soon
Old 12-20-2021, 12:11 PM   #13750

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,752 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...ns-december-20

Shit just got real for Quebec.

With cases at record levels, Quebec to close schools, bars and limit restaurant hours
Restaurants can only be open between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. Movie theatres and entertainment venues are also being closed. Working from home is now mandatory for all.