REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:21 PM   #14151
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Both the school principal and class teacher at my kid's school has sent us emails on what the school / class anti-COVID measures are gonna be starting tomorrow, and honestly speaking, I don't really notice anything different than before, except for the strong recommendation for 3-layered masks to be worn by all the kids. But it remains a recommendation, and the previous recommendation was just any kind of mask to be worn, including single layer cloth masks.

So I really don't know how it is gonna play out. We've always sent our kid to school wearing a 3 layer disposable children face mask. Prior to the Christmas holidays, I'd say roughly less than 1/2 the kids in his class wear masks to school, and by the time school finishes, more than 1/2 the kids leave without wearing any masks LOL~

I am really not looking forward to either the "temporary functional closures" nor the resumption of online learning...
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:40 PM   #14152
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Traum are you in a situation where school closures will affect you or your partners ability to work?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:27 PM   #14153
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
It's been 3 days since initial exposure (2 days since positive result) from my brother and I'm still showing no symptoms. Well I regularly have a sore throat, dry coughs, stuffy nose, body aches and sometimes abdominal pain so idk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
already have rapid test but want PCR before returning to work

when testing opened this morning st vincent line was 'modest', didn't reach king ed yet

went to check out yvr cell phone waiting area, rapid test only and line was a minimum 1km lol

went back to st vincent lined up from 29th ave..took just a bit over an hour and despite working in healthcare they said pcr is only for health authority staff or surgery patient

brutal wish they had a sign at the start of the line to clarify that
Is there a place to find out information for which location offers PCR and which location offers rapid test? I can't seem to find it on either VCH or FH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So I’ve been watching a bunch of travel vloggers lately and in Europe you can get your “vaccine passport” even if you’re unvaccinated as long as you have proof of being recovered from Covid. Same seems to go with Mexico to some degree, it’s definitely beneficial to have proof of recovery.

So kind of choked now our pathetic testing system basically forced me to do a take home and now I have no record of recovery..
So apparently, you're supposed to report it: https://reportcovidresults.bccdc.ca/

Also I found a link for approved COVID-19 disinfectants

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...d-19/list.html

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:32 PM   #14154

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Traum are you in a situation where school closures will affect you or your partners ability to work?
The grandparents can help us to a certain extent -- they love having the little person over, and I think it is good for everyone involved for him to be there some of the time. But it would not be good for them to take care of our kid all the time, esp if the school moves into an online learning situation because both grandparents are not particularly computer savvy. We tried online Chinese school before, and he just wasn't really all that interested in following -- I'm not sure whether it was the content that bored him, or he doesn't focus / learn well from that online instruction.

Between my wife and I, whoever ends up having to look after our kid would generally not be able to get any meaningful work done ourselves. The best he has done before was to mostly leave me alone for almost an hour when I was in a meeting. Somehow he understands that he shouldn't be interrupting my online meetings, so I am a little more OK there. But outside of a meeting, he thinks I'm supposed to be playing with him LOL~
Old 01-09-2022, 08:27 PM   #14155
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Which vaccine are you guys choosing for your booster shot? My first 2 are Pfizer and it looks like they are giving you an option of Pfizer or Moderna.
My booster appt is next week. I'm double Pfizer, so i hope i get Pfizer again.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:32 PM   #14156
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
went back to st vincent lined up from 29th ave..took just a bit over an hour and despite working in healthcare they said pcr is only for health authority staff or surgery patient
did you try going to bc children's? gf went last week and was able to get pcr gargle test.

she's in healthcare but not with health authority.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:44 PM   #14157
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,239 Times in 425 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
Double Pfizer for the first 2. Just got Moderna today.

I can't seem to find the UK paper I got the info from, but a 2P1M sequence seemed to give a slightly better result for vaccine efficacy against omicron. 3P seems to have a pretty steady decrease in effectiveness, while 2P1M seems to hold effectiveness higher, longer. No data for 3M that i could find

I did screenshot of the chart when talking to family about it.
The 2 dose effectiveness at 26 weeks of either vaccine was eye opening. The top chart that cut off is 2 dose AZ + P or M booster.

Edit: Found it. It was a pdf download. UK government briefing. It's at https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing-33.pdf

Last edited by Mikoyan; 01-09-2022 at 10:57 PM.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 06:24 AM   #14158
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
My buddy had all the symptoms so took a quick test. Negative. He then grabbed a big loogie from the back of his throat and soaked another in that one positive. Lol. I think they say your not supposed to use mucus… anyone know the science?
Old 01-10-2022, 07:02 AM   #14159
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
Thank goodness for school today. Kids stoked to see their buddies. Parents stoked to not have to deal with kids all day. Big win for all.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 08:00 AM   #14160
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,688 Times in 2,320 Posts
Failed 997 Times in 240 Posts
certified banger

https://soundcloud.com/daamcp/fuck-bonnie-henry
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 08:44 AM   #14161

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
^^Haha! Bars!!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:55 AM   #14162
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Got my third Pfizer on Friday afternoon.
Friday - nothing, absolutely no side effects
Saturday - Sore arm, slight headache, but nothing bad
Sunday - Sore arm, and i was tired AF. Like I could fall asleep standing tired.
Monday - Mostly better, arm not sore anymore. Still a bit tired, but could be from trying to play with a toddler while constantly falling asleep lol.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #14163
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 22 Times in 18 Posts
I had my 3rd Pfizer yesterday morning. I decided on Pfizer rather than Moderna as I didn't have any side effects from the first two shots.

Holy crap. Fell asleep at 10pm last night - absolutely exhausted. Dragged myself out of bed this morning and I can barely keep my eyes open, body is lethargic, feels like a light flu.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #14164
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Got Moderna booster after 2 Pfizer yesterday as per Nurse's recommendation. I felt fine yesterday, even went for a long walk since it was so nice. Today feel tired, lethargic but otherwise OK. I was afraid because everyone says Moderna knocked them off their feet but I'm still working.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:42 PM   #14165

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
getting my booster next tuesday

i'm AZ/Pfizer....i'm assuming they'll give me pfizer for #3
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:15 PM   #14166
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,239 Times in 425 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Got Moderna booster after 2 Pfizer yesterday as per Nurse's recommendation. I felt fine yesterday, even went for a long walk since it was so nice. Today feel tired, lethargic but otherwise OK. I was afraid because everyone says Moderna knocked them off their feet but I'm still working.
Yeah, nothing yesterday for me other than sore arm. Kinda tired today, but that might just be because one of the kids got in our bed in the middle of the night and kept kicking me in the back from like 4am on.

I didn't have much of a reaction to the 2 original Pfizer shots originally either.
Mikoyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:31 PM   #14167
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,578 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
I have AZ and Moderna for first two shots, got a Moderna booster.

Very minimal side effects besides sleepiness; not even body fatigue, just sleepiness and sore shoulder. To be honest I couldn't even tell if it was just a mild hangover from the night before.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #14168
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
When I got my Moderna shot it stung like a motherfucker and I told the nurse. She said, oh it's probably all that alcohol.

Me: "How TF did you know I got drunk last night?"

She was talking about the rubbing alcohol she put on the injection site.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 03:46 PM   #14169
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
I got my Moderna on Friday - previously had AZ and Moderna. I believe the selection of Moderna or Pfizer is based on your age. I was hoping for the trifecta of vaccines and joked about it with the lady administering it at the pharmacy.

In a cruel twist of fate, I tested positive today after doing a rapid test after getting the booster on Friday. I suspect it was from taking transit to the office last week. Since I had a strong reaction from the shots the first 2 times, I dismissed the symptoms - the only difference being a sore throat/cough. Very mild symptoms and feels just like the regular flu so probably Omicron. FML.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:18 PM   #14170
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Got 2x Pfizer and got the Moderna booster today.

Will let you know how I feel. Everything feels similar with just a slight sore arm right now.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:39 PM   #14171

Not sure how other people or schools are doing, but at my kid's school today, I figure only ~1/3 of the students showed up for class -- for the record, today marks the first day of school in the new year.

IMO, if your kid is vaccinated, there is really nothing to worry about. If anything, the staff working at the schools would be more worried about themselves than a parent should worry about sending their vaccinated children to school.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:43 PM   #14172
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ do you know the % of children ages 5-11 that have been vaccinated? I heard that it was relatively low 40-50% .. parents are cautious. Both ones in having their kids vaccinated and those who want to expose their vaccinated children to unvaccinated children.

So if say 50% of the children in our elementary schools are not vaccinated, then it is a bit of a high risk with the omicron floating around to let your kids go to school.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:29 PM   #14173

I have no idea what percentage of children in the 5 - 11 age group are vaccinated, although I do remember that prior to the children COVID vaccine's approval, the percentage of parents planning to vaccinate their 5 - 11 yr old children is roughly the numbers that you mentioned -- in the 40 - 50% range.

When it comes to children, I entirely understand that parents tend to get far more cautious than usual, so I am not at all laying judgement on the parents' decision of whether to vaccinate the kids, whether to send them to school, etc. All I can say is -- I am quite comfortable with sending my 1-dose vaccinated kid to school today and in the near future, and I strongly believe that for a vaccinated young child, the benefits (to the child) of sending him to school far, far outweighs the risks he faces with COVID. And I will also say that based on the news that I've read, all of which are mainstream reputable media outlets, I know:

- the chances of children catching COVID is lower than that of adults
- children are less likely to develop severe COVID compared to adults
- the child version of Pfizer's COVID vaccine has been shown to be extremely safe and effective

Also, FWIW, out of the <10 kids that were in my kid's class today, there was only 1 kid that did not wear a face mask. I also noticed that at least 2 of the kids that usually don't have a mask on their faces by the time school finishes, were still wearing their masks when they left school today. I'll take both of those numbers as a win.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:44 PM   #14174
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,657 Times in 573 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Got Moderna booster after 2X Moderna last year. Fewer side effects compared to the 2nd shot. Just a slight sore arm for a day and a little insomnia.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:37 PM   #14175
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,688 Times in 2,320 Posts
Failed 997 Times in 240 Posts

Past week cases (December 31 to January 6) – Total 21,845

Not vaccinated: 3,291 (15.1%)
Partially vaccinated: 598 (2.7%)
Fully vaccinated: 17,956 (82.2%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (December 24 to January 6) – Total 404

Not vaccinated: 144 (35.6%)
Partially vaccinated: 13 (3.2%)