REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:39 PM   #14176
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ If you changed your profile pic, not only would it be easier on the eyes, people may read what you have to say.
Advertisement
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 10:27 PM   #14177
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Absolute numbers on the new cases are not particularly meaningful given how so many people are turned away from testing. But more importantly, absolute numbers for new cases as well as hospitalizations are entirely meaningless because those numbers have not been statistically normalized. In layman terms, with a vaccination rate hovering around 90% in BC, comparisons done with absolute case numbers between the vaccinated and unvaccinated does not provide any useful information on how likely someone is going to catch COVID or get hospitalized because of COVID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post

Past week cases (December 31 to January 6) – Total 21,845

Not vaccinated: 3,291 (15.1%)
Partially vaccinated: 598 (2.7%)
Fully vaccinated: 17,956 (82.2%)

Past two weeks cases hospitalized (December 24 to January 6) – Total 404

Not vaccinated: 144 (35.6%)
Partially vaccinated: 13 (3.2%)
Fully vaccinated: 247 (61.1%)

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/bc-a...lZOclI7aijgR-4
The statistical rate that you'd really want to look at is the:

1. cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age
- Not vaccinated: 482.7
- Partially vaccinated: 201.8
- Fully vaccinated: 390.4

2. cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age
- Not vaccinated: 35.5
- Partially vaccinated: 10.2
- Fully vaccinated: 5.3

This data is obtained straight from the horse's mouth
https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2022HLTH0008-000029

and you can see that with hospitalizations, for example, a non-vaccinated person has a roughly 7x higher chance of being hospitalized for COVID compared to a "fully vaccinated" (2 dose? 3 dose?) person.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2022, 10:39 PM   #14178
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Impressed with their booking system. Got my notification for my third shot on Saturday night and needle in arm earlier today.
Some of my older co-workers weren't impressed that they've got to wait until mid Feb for their earliest apt. I got to the pharmacy I picked and three was only 1 other person in there. In and out. Pfizer/Pfizer/Pfizer. Can't wait for the probable summer time booster shot!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:45 AM   #14179
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
forth shot has being approved already since we have a ton of stock..
Old 01-11-2022, 03:28 AM   #14180
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Seeing all you guys getting your boosters already makes me once again impressed by the rollout in BC

I just booked mine for Jan 30
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:19 AM   #14181

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Today's Day 5 of exposure (Day 4 of positive test result). I still have very few symptoms - just a runny nose/congestion still. I thought it was allergies but I'm not so sure now. It feels like I sneeze every minute - I can't stop sneezing. Energy wise I feel fine tho. Aside from the sneezing, I think I would be fine.

I still haven't tested yet cause I know it takes more symptoms (higher viral load) to produce a positive test result.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:24 AM   #14182
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
i just got my 3rd shot and they are planning for 4th shot wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 06:30 AM   #14183
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
The CDC elevated its travel recommendation to "Level Four: Very High" for Canada, telling Americans they should avoid travel, while the State Department also on Monday issued its "Level Four: Do Not Travel" advisory for Canada citing COVID-19 cases.

This month, Canada broke its one-day record for the highest number of people hospitalized with COVID-19. Last Friday, officials said new daily cases had soared by 65% in the previous week, threatening healthcare systems.
https://www.aol.com/u-cdc-tells-amer...111927535.html
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:33 AM   #14184
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
i just got my 3rd shot and they are planning for 4th shot wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Of course. You’ll get 5 in a calendar year at this rate.

And lol last night at the Covid town hall Bonnie on what to do when your child tests positive at school - “well you know..5 days Is kind of the marker to return but if symptoms clear up in 1 or 2 they are good to go!”

Old 01-11-2022, 06:33 AM   #14185
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Today's Day 5 of exposure (Day 4 of positive test result). I still have very few symptoms - just a runny nose/congestion still. I thought it was allergies but I'm not so sure now. It feels like I sneeze every minute - I can't stop sneezing. Energy wise I feel fine tho. Aside from the sneezing, I think I would be fine.

I still haven't tested yet cause I know it takes more symptoms (higher viral load) to produce a positive test result.

Boosted? When was your last shot?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:44 AM   #14186

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Boosted? When was your last shot?
No booster, not qualified yet. Double vaxxed. Brother, who I live with, tested positive.

Last shot was first week of August?

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:00 AM   #14187

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
You know they only say the 5 day thing cuz they know they fucked up and they can't afford everyone being off for 10 days. Plus they had all Oct to Dec to roll out the third shot as the vaccination rates died down. But they said third shot wasn't necessary. It's also how like bonnie said we won't use rapid tests because they were ineffective and not accurate. And the great idea of not mandatory vaccinations and say health care workers can work while positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Of course. You’ll get 5 in a calendar year at this rate.

And lol last night at the Covid town hall Bonnie on what to do when your child tests positive at school - “well you know..5 days Is kind of the marker to return but if symptoms clear up in 1 or 2 they are good to go!”

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:06 AM   #14188

Meh, I could have went back to work after a couple days of testing positive if I was no longer contagious. Had no symptoms felt fine. Gave me time to use new PS5 though

Impossible to know whether you’re contagious or not at that point though

Last edited by Hondaracer; 01-11-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #14189

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Tried looking at appointments in the Langley area after getting the text and any place I look says no appointments available no matter how far I look ahead on the calendar...

Anyways not very broken up about it but found that odd
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:37 AM   #14190
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Tried looking at appointments in the Langley area after getting the text and any place I look says no appointments available no matter how far I look ahead on the calendar...

Anyways not very broken up about it but found that odd
Check back daily. A lot of the pharmacies offer out the shots but they won't list it until the day of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 11:56 AM   #14191

So Quebec is planning to introduce a "health contribution fee" to those who refuse to get vaccinated (without valid medical reasons), and it is supposed to be a "significant" amount -- over $100, according to the Quebec premier.

It's gonna be very interesting to see how this one pans out. I expect civil liberty groups and anti-vax groups to sue the QC gov as soon as this is done.

Personally, I think an indiscriminate fee like that is utterly unfair. However, I agree it should be charged if the said unvaccinated person becomes hospitalized and requires medical care. When you are consciously making that decision to opt out of vaccination after looking at all the clear scientific proof for 2+ years, there is really no excuse to not sleep in the same bed that you've made yourself.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:57 AM   #14192
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Got 2x Pfizer and got the Moderna booster today.

Will let you know how I feel. Everything feels similar with just a slight sore arm right now.
Feeling pretty sore all over. Especially the arm.

Otherwise feeling alright. I am quite tired too so I suppose lethargic is a pretty good word to describe it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:01 PM   #14193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
So Quebec is planning to introduce a "health contribution fee" to those who refuse to get vaccinated (without valid medical reasons), and it is supposed to be a "significant" amount -- over $100, according to the Quebec premier.

It's gonna be very interesting to see how this one pans out. I expect civil liberty groups and anti-vax groups to sue the QC gov as soon as this is done.

Personally, I think an indiscriminate fee like that is utterly unfair. However, I agree it should be charged if the said unvaccinated person becomes hospitalized and requires medical care. When you are consciously making that decision to opt out of vaccination after looking at all the clear scientific proof for 2+ years, there is really no excuse to not sleep in the same bed that you've made yourself.
If this is the route Canada is going and you’re not alllwong for profit, private health care, we are going down a dark hole reallll quick.

90%+ of people full vaccinated, charge a health care fee!!! - Canada

65% of people fully vaccinated, everything open, operating, we advise against travel to Canada - USA
Old 01-11-2022, 12:04 PM   #14194
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Got my booster yesterday at the Convention Center.

Word of advice, park in the Canada Place parking lot. They will reimburse you 1 hr of parking.

The lineup started in the corridor between the old and new convention center with the shot taking place in the old convention center.

I was in and out in an hr, this was at 3:50 yesterday.

My first shot was AZ, then I got Moderna as my second shot and this time around I got the PF shot, so I truely have it all.
So far the arm has point tenderness where the shot was. No other reactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #14195
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
If this is the route Canada is going and you’re not alllwong for profit, private health care, we are going down a dark hole reallll quick.

65% of people fully vaccinated, everything open, operating, we advise against travel to Canada - USA
Ahh yes again we talk about how sweet it is in US.
Closing in on a million deaths. 6x the active cases per capita as canada. Better take that travel advisory as the gospel that things are all good there though.
This is just the propaganda US is putting out so the average person can feel good about their family members dying. "Well at least we are safer than Canada!"
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #14196

Sorry, but I don't see how allowing private, for-profit healthcare has any relevance to the adoption of this "health contribution fee". And as I was saying, I think the fee is only appropriate if the unvaxxed person actually requires COVID medical care.

I don't want to get into a detailed discussion of the major drawbacks of for-profit private healthcare right now. But suffice to say, it'll poach a lot of the good and experienced medical staff into the private sector, and it'll divert a lot of the simpler medical care and procedures to the private sector while charging an arm and leg for them. But what those changes will mean is -- public sector healthcare will be left in a far worse state, with inexperienced medical staff and a shortage of staff working in the public sector, dealing with troublesome, expensive, and severe cases that the private healthcare system will not attend to, and nobody except the really rich would benefit from that public-private dual track healthcare system.

This exact scenario has been playing out in Hong Kong in the manner I described for the last 20+ years. It is not a healthcare system we want to go to.
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #14197

Thanked 1,886 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
USA is open cuz they pay for their own healthcare, if you're a dumbass get sick with no vaccine, you're paying for your own hospital bill, sounds fair, unlike here it comes from the general publics wallet. And clogging up our resources. USA also has more hospitals per population than us due to the private health care

Quote:

JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:33 PM   #14198
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post

I had white patches on my tongue which caused food to taste half as flavourful
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:39 PM   #14199

While the rest of the world opens up, places with direct comparable like the UK etc. who can function fully open how long are we going to carry on this theme of doing the right thing? Lol can’t wait till all the virtue is signaling starts dropping over not getting your 5th booster and DoInG YoUr ParT!!

Even the CBC is running stories about Canada having some of the harshest “lockdowns” globally with shit like police raiding hockey arenas in Quebec etc.

As a fully vaccinated person, I definitely am jealous of the states. Of course people try to always spin it back into some trump/ultra conservative BS. But I guarantee you even sleepy joe realizes the importance of operating under some semblance of normalcy.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #14200
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
You might have a leg to stand on if you were posting that from Quebec, but other than getting married or going to a gym, you can pretty much do whatever here in BC.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: