REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-03-2023, 05:00 PM   #15876
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 32,064 Times in 7,449 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Bro, you don’t gotta be that hard to impress me
Yes I do.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:33 PM   #15877
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,341 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^There's a pretty shitty cold going around right now.

My cough has been lingering for about 2 weeks here, dry cough with little to no flem, I've heard a number of people catching the same thing.
Yup, my wife and son were pretty sick for two weeks somehow I dodged it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:42 AM   #15878
in the butt

Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,299 Posts
Failed 169 Times in 92 Posts
Finally tested positive for covid, came on last night and was wrecked all night. I'd give it a strong cold rating.
Best part is that It was supposed to be my first day at the new job today haha. Guess I'm staying in for a bit

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:12 AM   #15879
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,374 Times in 3,719 Posts
Failed 474 Times in 238 Posts
yikes. hope you feel better mr donk. dont donk too much while your under the weather.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 12:20 PM   #15880
Performance Moderator

Thanked 17,071 Times in 5,704 Posts
Failed 289 Times in 185 Posts
Hope you get better soon
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 01:27 PM   #15881
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,765 Times in 1,645 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Cold medicine is still very hard to find these days; PM me if you are desperate.

Spoiler!
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #15882
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
Ouch, that sucks donk. Hope you get well soon.

@inv4zn - Purely anecdotal and based on my observations, but I've noticed Nyquil is usually what's sitting on the shelf while everything else is completely gone. I think you are asking too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:29 PM   #15883

Haha I swear by Nyquil (at night, obviously) - that shit knocks you right out.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:38 PM   #15884

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,774 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/oth...143d625f117ed8

Who would have thought that sea sponges and marine bacteria from here in B.C. contain compounds which can prevent Covid infection?

-from the article:

A team of researchers led by scientists at UBC has identified three compounds that can prevent COVID-19 infection in human cells.

The compounds are all from natural sources in Canada, including a sea sponge plucked from B.C.’s Howe Sound and marine bacteria from Barkley Sound.

François Jean and co-author Jimena Perez-Vargas headed an international team that investigated more than 350 compounds from natural sources such as plants, fungi and marine sponges to unlock their potential to create new antiviral drugs for use against COVID-19 and other pathogens.

“This interdisciplinary research team is unravelling the important possibilities of biodiversity and natural resources and discovering nature-based solutions for global health challenges such as COVID-19,” said senior author Jean, an associate professor in the department of microbiology and immunology at the University of B.C.

The group bathed human lung cells in solutions made from the compounds then infected the cells with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Twenty-six of them reduced viral infection, and three were effective in very small doses.

The advantage of these compounds is that they are targeting the cells, rather than the virus, blocking the virus from replicating and helping the cell to recover,” said Jimena Pérez-Vargas, a research associate in UBC’s department of microbiology and immunology.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:37 PM   #15885

Thanked 5,260 Times in 2,000 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
^That's actually pretty cool, I'll never fail to be impressed at what medical research/technology is able to produce and achieve.

Anyone noticing lately that anti-vaxers are now using random medical events as an argument against the COVID vaccine?

First it was Hamlin from the Bills when he collapsed on the field, now it's this reporter from CTV:

https://dailyhive.com/canada/ctv-rep...o-jessica-robb

She had a medical issue on TV and a bunch of people were claiming it was because of the COVID vaccine.

I swear to god we truly are in the age of completely stupidity, I had a feeling we'd start seeing this kind of crap.

Get ready for every random medical event in the future to be tied to the vaccine itself.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 04:45 PM   #15886
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,260 Times in 8,424 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^That's actually pretty cool, I'll never fail to be impressed at what medical research/technology is able to produce and achieve.

Anyone noticing lately that anti-vaxers are now using random medical events as an argument against the COVID vaccine?

First it was Hamlin from the Bills when he collapsed on the field, now it's this reporter from CTV:

https://dailyhive.com/canada/ctv-rep...o-jessica-robb

She had a medical issue on TV and a bunch of people were claiming it was because of the COVID vaccine.

I swear to god we truly are in the age of completely stupidity, I had a feeling we'd start seeing this kind of crap.

Get ready for every random medical event in the future to be tied to the vaccine itself.
It pretty much has always been this way for vaccines, except it was when children randomly get sick or mental retardation. Now random adult health events are tied to the covid vaccine

People are just stupid and everyone has a very loud voice
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2023, 09:36 AM   #15887
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Don't forget that John Stockton has a list of over 300 names of pro athletes dying from the covid vaccine... lol

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...8h8?li=BBnba9O

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:19 AM   #15888
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,626 Times in 4,327 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/oth...143d625f117ed8

Who would have thought that sea sponges and marine bacteria from here in B.C. contain compounds which can prevent Covid infection?

-from the article:

A team of researchers led by scientists at UBC has identified three compounds that can prevent COVID-19 infection in human cells.

The compounds are all from natural sources in Canada, including a sea sponge plucked from B.C.’s Howe Sound and marine bacteria from Barkley Sound.

François Jean and co-author Jimena Perez-Vargas headed an international team that investigated more than 350 compounds from natural sources such as plants, fungi and marine sponges to unlock their potential to create new antiviral drugs for use against COVID-19 and other pathogens.

“This interdisciplinary research team is unravelling the important possibilities of biodiversity and natural resources and discovering nature-based solutions for global health challenges such as COVID-19,” said senior author Jean, an associate professor in the department of microbiology and immunology at the University of B.C.

The group bathed human lung cells in solutions made from the compounds then infected the cells with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Twenty-six of them reduced viral infection, and three were effective in very small doses.

The advantage of these compounds is that they are targeting the cells, rather than the virus, blocking the virus from replicating and helping the cell to recover,” said Jimena Pérez-Vargas, a research associate in UBC’s department of microbiology and immunology.

This is why the Amazon is so important, ancient tribes have been using remedy's from plants which would clear a lot of aliments. If you want to watch an incredible movie watch Medicine man. It will give you a better idea on what nature can do for us.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:54 AM   #15889

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
serious talk:

have any of you noticed a decrease in cardio capacity after having COVID over the past couple years?

i've had covid "once", who knows if i had it more or not, but over the last couple years i've notice a decrease in cardio and general fatigue has increased. now sure i'm late 30's and probably put on a few pounds but i generally work out 3-5 times a week and am generally pretty damn heathly.

just wondering if others have noticed anything.

FYI i'm triple vaxed. one of each
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM   #15890
Performance Moderator

When i got covid back in April... I was doing the exact same routine of gym at night and floor hockey twice a week... and I was totally gassed for like 2-3 months afterward at floor hockey, each shift I was coming off gasping for air and felt heavy/lethargic... then it suddenly cleared up one day. I definitely think it was related, I didn't change anything else.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:17 PM   #15891
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,905 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
Lost my taste for 2 days in December 2020, 2 doses of Moderna last dose August 2020, no lingering effects, no booster.

No cold, no flu, no illness since. Almost a year after my last dose, 12 airport visits/flights, thousands of KM’s on trains, enclosed busses and other public transport. Never been sick. As I hadn’t been before Covid

Old 01-10-2023, 01:00 PM   #15892
Performance Moderator

All those good genes and you won't help the species out, just keep DINK'ing away! Selfish troll is selfish hahaha
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2023, 03:26 PM   #15893
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,664 Times in 575 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
serious talk:

have any of you noticed a decrease in cardio capacity after having COVID over the past couple years?

i've had covid "once", who knows if i had it more or not, but over the last couple years i've notice a decrease in cardio and general fatigue has increased. now sure i'm late 30's and probably put on a few pounds but i generally work out 3-5 times a week and am generally pretty damn heathly.

I got COVID in June. I don't feel anymore gassed than before, but I definitely feel much less athletic since everything began in 2020. I took lots of time off when everything was shut down (never went gym before, but participated in lots of team sports) and haven't really gotten back to it. If I took part in a tournament of some sort now I think I'd probably die.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2023, 09:34 AM   #15894

Thanked 14,877 Times in 3,885 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Absolutely. The combination of the pandemic, getting the ‘vid but also having a baby has ruined my cardio. Hard to decide where to put the blame
Old 01-12-2023, 07:36 AM   #15895

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
was just curious what others were feeling if anything. had a brutal workout last night but killed it and me. i think i'm just getting old and "fat" lol.

as for covid, couple guys on my hockey team got it after our game on sunday. lots of guys sick around work. not sure if it's covid or not.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:13 AM   #15896

Thanked 5,260 Times in 2,000 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
was just curious what others were feeling if anything. had a brutal workout last night but killed it and me. i think i'm just getting old and "fat" lol.

as for covid, couple guys on my hockey team got it after our game on sunday. lots of guys sick around work. not sure if it's covid or not.
Trust me, it's a cold bug. Everyone is getting it this year, this is pretty much the first year back where masks aren't being utilized and social distancing crap has been scrapped.

It was predicted we'd have a terrible cold/flu season this year, and it's happening.

As for the brutal workout, that can happen due to a wide slew of reasons (lack of sleep the night prior, shitty food the day prior, etc.)
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:34 PM   #15897
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,341 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 42 Posts
Quote:
serious talk:

Not me, I'm closer to 50 than 40 I started walking in June transitioned into jogging in November and I'm down about 50 pounds. I jog 5.5 KM's almost every day, took today off because my knee if killing me but generally speaking my cardio is better than it's been in 25 years.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2023, 03:36 PM   #15898
Performance Moderator

Good for you quasi, I’m in a similar boat to you maybe just a coupe years younger and I never got that much overweight… but I take it pretty seriously and the only regret I have is that I didn’t start taking it seriously when I was younger, recovery times and pain are a bitch past 40
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2023, 08:00 PM   #15899
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 15 Times in 6 Posts
I've never tested positive, not sure if I've ever had it. I've never done cardio until about 2 years ago, so I don't notice any difference. I'm dizzy half the time since the shots. Walking down grocery store isles is sometimes bad. Motorcycle makes me feel sick. Repeat heavy braking in the car makes me nauseous, and I'm the driver. I'm not anti vax, but these ones weren't ready for prime time. I decided against the 4th after my wife lost her hearing. 20 sessions in the hyperbaric chamber she met a bunch of people with the same hearing loss.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:10 PM   #15900

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZZ View Post
I've never tested positive, not sure if I've ever had it. I've never done cardio until about 2 years ago, so I don't notice any difference. I'm dizzy half the time since the shots. Walking down grocery store isles is sometimes bad. Motorcycle makes me feel sick. Repeat heavy braking in the car makes me nauseous, and I'm the driver. I'm not anti vax, but these ones weren't ready for prime time. I decided against the 4th after my wife lost her hearing. 20 sessions in the hyperbaric chamber she met a bunch of people with the same hearing loss.
lol, "I'm not anti-vaxx" but I'm 100% certain all my and my wife's random health issues are directly caused by the shot!!!

Like, I gained 10 lbs after getting my shots, but I think that's because of all the potato chips I've been eating at 1am, not so much because of the vaccine.