REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #1651
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
I've owned a bidet for 5 yrs. It's the best investment during a cold winter.

It's just a T you gotta attach to the water hose. Unless your toilet is some sort of fancy square shape, they all work. You do need to have a plug nearby so it stays warm and toasty.

Technically you don't need to wipe after IF you have the blower dry function which does take a good 2 minutes to dry.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #1652
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Have had Brondell swash in both my bathroom last 4 years.. Don't buy one that has remote senor on the side. My remote stopped working. Thr was a trickle leak from the water line cause cheap washer. And remote senor stopped working due to moisture. Then these asswipes want me to ship it back to them. Won't send me a sensor that just plugs into board via jumper. Side buttons still work. However not able to control water and seat temperature and pressure.

I did put in new washer.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #1653
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,600 Times in 864 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I'm reading on reddit that there my be zero cases in the city of Vancouver. Possible but insanely unlikely. Could all Vancouver Coastal Health Region cases all be on the North Shore since Richmond also has zero cases?
Or the sick ones in Richmond are just isolating at home, not going to get tested.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #1654
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
My last house had a bidet.. lived there almost 5 years and didn’t use it once. Dunno.. my bunghole is a very private place and I don’t want a jet of water blasting it head on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 05:02 PM   #1655
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I understand SkinnyPupp and other's urgency regarding this coronavirus having think about it the past few days.

At the end of the day, whether it's worse or not as worse as the common flu (not having that debate here), why not be diligent in preventing this become a pandemic (already have), instead of adding this to the list of existing ones we already have? Won't the world be a better place regardless with one less pandemic?

I am reminded that common flu is a pandemic as well, no matter how I (and some) have downplayed it. It is still a serious disease, just that we don't have a way of eradicating it, and at least there's a vaccine for it. The number of deaths may be low in the grand scheme of things, but that's because we numerate these deaths. When we dissect each of these deaths, we will see that each of these death is from someone else's family.

I caught myself asking this, when this has passed, would I say, "thankfully, only x % of the people died from this virus", or "it is a tragedy that x % of these people died from this virus"? I hope I my natural response would be the latter, no matter how small the number is.

Finally, it's true that there are probably millions things in the world that can kill you, and many health condition that can kill as well, but having said all this again, won't it be better to have one less thing to worry about?
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #1656
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I'm hoarding

0CC00A88-2FFB-4B0C-B586-31B14CA5D754.jpeg
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #1657
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 356 Times in 87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
So if you get it, and survive it, are you immune afterwards ?
No you can still transmit it to others as well as get it again.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
This thread has officially become a circle-jerk of doomsday cultists. Ahhhh people dropping dead left and right. Ahhhhh!! Please do stay at home. Don't wait for the government. Quit your jobs, take your kids out of schools, buy 3 months worth of toilet paper and other supplies, board up your houses and get the shotgun ready to repel us coronavirus zombies. Better safe than sorry.

By the prediction of all the experts here, since the pandemic is uncontrolled, we should estimate 4% of the world's population will die. Wow. 300 billion people dead this year. Amazing.

I have some high-grade anti-coronavirus plastic bottle helmets to sell to you guys if you're interested. Bottled air from the swiss alps free of coronavirus as well. Shit I should start a company selling this shit to the chinese.
No one here is suggesting to quit your jobs, buy 3 months worth of toilet paper, etc. if anything, most here has strongly recommending not panicking.

But I'm sitting here and just realized how easily this virus is spread. Why? As I'm typing this, I'm propping up my chin with my hand, while I have rubbed my nose and touched my face several times already. Now imagine trying to get old folks or young children to comply with this.
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #1659
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
OK for those of you who purchased a cheap bidet off Amazon, did you have any issues installing it? I have a rigid copper pipe for a water supply to the toilet. I see examples of a hosed water supply being an easy install but not for what I have.
you want to come off your sink with hot and cold for a bidet, you really dont want to be using ice cold water.
find a bidet with hot and cold ports. u can pm me, ill walk u through the install and parts to buy.
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #1660
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Can we move on from bidets, I think I've learned enough about it.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:33 PM   #1661
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post
I'm hoarding

Attachment 31141
Me too

Old 03-13-2020, 05:42 PM   #1662
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
You guys need a bartender during these trying times?

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 06:05 PM   #1663

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
So according to Dr. Bonnie Henry, we health care providers do not need to self isolate for 14 days after travelling outside of Canada. Lets go get all our patients sick, who maybe immunocompromise and who also need us the most during this pandemic. Seems like they took action a bit too late and are desperate for health care workers now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88959152_258168038509943_1085099216474210304_n.jpg (145.6 KB, 0 views)
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:20 PM   #1664
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Don’t worry, I got the same email... Exempt as I’m trained to be healthy. Ha.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #1665
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Bidets will never become a thing in Hong Kong, since the flush water in urban areas is sea water
lol bidets were already available in 1994 in hk

easier to install in hk as you can grab power from a wall outlet for the fan or water heater

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #1666

^^ Congrats?

Anyway, check out this amazing thread on how propaganda is happening. I know "everybody knows" what it is, but it's fascinating to study exactly how they're going about it.

It's a damn long thread but worth it

Old 03-13-2020, 08:30 PM   #1667
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Wow went to save on foods, potatoes, onions, most other vegs, all gone.
Meat, poultry, all gone, although ground beef seems to be rare lately anyways.

The small Asian grocer on the corner? Full of veg, no one shopped there.

T&T coq cen? Out of instant noodles n noodles basically, and meats as well.

The organic store, Pomme? Fully stocked

Some lady in front of me was visibly ill though, and wasn't wearing a mask, started coughing too, she simply turned her head towards her child to cough, didn't cover her face... Works at a Coquitlam animal shelter/hospital..
What's worse is she took forever, trying to use some obscure store credit she has.

Girl working the till ended up disinfecting the checkout machine after she left, and apologized
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 08:53 PM   #1668
Waxin’ Punks

If you see anyone coughing without covering their mouth please say something. You don’t have to be rude about it but anyone who isn’t in the habit needs to change their ways pronto. If you’re reading this and thought of a friend or family member you know who is an open air cougher, do the world a favour and let them know it makes everyone around them uncomfortable. It can be downright disgusting too depending on the environment.

I saw a lady in my local Safeway hacking up a lung into the milk fridge as I was waiting to grab some myself. I figured screw the milk and left without saying any words to her but she definitely could tell I wasn’t impressed. If I could go back in time I’d say something but this was before the insanity began. From now on I’ll be sure to speak up.

My 5 y/o knows to cover his mouth ffs.

Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #1669

Something I noticed when I go out lately is that I don't see ANYONE sick anymore. Not so much as a cough or a sniffle since this whole thing started. (though my wife was just at the tail end of a cold right when this started, but it was totally gone after a few more days)

My theory is it's a combination of less people out overall (although that's changed lately), schools being closes for 2 months, and I guess everyone taking greater precautions overall, wearing masks, washing hands more, etc.

I notice this, because if I saw someone coughing on the minibus, even before this, I would put on a mask to try to protect myself. I've gotten too many colds in that exact scenario too many times.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #1670
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Wow went to save on foods, potatoes, onions, most other vegs, all gone.
Meat, poultry, all gone, although ground beef seems to be rare lately anyways.

The small Asian grocer on the corner? Full of veg, no one shopped there.

T&T coq cen? Out of instant noodles n noodles basically, and meats as well.

The organic store, Pomme? Fully stocked

Some lady in front of me was visibly ill though, and wasn't wearing a mask, started coughing too, she simply turned her head towards her child to cough, didn't cover her face... Works at a Coquitlam animal shelter/hospital..
What's worse is she took forever, trying to use some obscure store credit she has.

Girl working the till ended up disinfecting the checkout machine after she left, and apologized
Time like these is to shop at unpopular local stores. like victoria drive, commercial drive, etc.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:22 PM   #1671

Monday:

Friday:

This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #1672
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 12 Times in 9 Posts
Bad timing for allergies to be hitting me hard.
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 09:37 PM   #1673
Waxin’ Punks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Something I noticed when I go out lately is that I don't see ANYONE sick anymore. Not so much as a cough or a sniffle since this whole thing started. (though my wife was just at the tail end of a cold right when this started, but it was totally gone after a few more days)

My theory is it's a combination of less people out overall (although that's changed lately), schools being closes for 2 months, and I guess everyone taking greater precautions overall, wearing masks, washing hands more, etc.

I notice this, because if I saw someone coughing on the minibus, even before this, I would put on a mask to try to protect myself. I've gotten too many colds in that exact scenario too many times.
I’ve had a cough for a few weeks now.. it just won’t go away. No COVID I actually got the fever test before I could enter a clients site the other day. Felt bad for the guy beside me on the plane today. He was ultra cautious, broke out the Lysol wipes ahead of takeoff and everything. Tried my damn best not to cough on the short 45 min flight from Kelowna to YVR but probably did 5-6 times into my sleeve and away from him. Was wondering what was going through his mind lol

There was a toddler in the row next to me coughing his ass off. A lady in the same row got westjet to provide her with sanitizing wipes. Everyone is ultra cautious at the moment, especially in airports and planes.

On a side note, my hands are brutally dry from the constant washing and sanitizer. Eczema sucks.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #1674
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Are there local hotels/inns being used to quarantine people?
Old 03-13-2020, 09:42 PM   #1675
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 286 Times in 94 Posts

danned is offline   Reply With Quote