REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:47 PM   #1676
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
How about going to the border at Blaine to pick up parcels and coming back?
For what it worths: I was at Point Roberts this afternoon to pick up couple parcels.

Didn't get asked anything on US side.
On the Canadian side: 2 extra questions: "Were you away for more than 2 weeks internationally?" "Do you feel sick?"

That was it. I would imagine way stricter screening at airports.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #1677
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
I don’t feel safe walking in Metrotown anymore. A lot of people wearing masks in the area.

HK, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea.. everyone on the street wears a mask.

How about places like Iran, Italy, Egypt?

Well you know the local people in Canada and USA don’t have a habit of wearing masks.

Last edited by Amuse; 03-13-2020 at 10:21 PM.
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:18 PM   #1678

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
For what it worths: I was at Point Roberts this afternoon to pick up couple parcels.

Didn't get asked anything on US side.
On the Canadian side: 2 extra questions: "Were you away for more than 2 weeks internationally?" "Do you feel sick?"

That was it. I would imagine way stricter screening at airports.
I went yesterday evening.

US guard: where I am going.
Canada guard: what did I pick up.

Do airport screening people wear ppe now? Like gloves and masks?
Old 03-13-2020, 10:21 PM   #1679
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
I don’t feel safe walking in Metrotown anymore. A lot of people wearing masks in the area.

Well you know the local people in Canada and USA don’t have a habit of wearing masks.
they're doing it for YOUR benefit
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 10:25 PM   #1680
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
Gloves yes, mask no. If memory serves correct, they typically always wear gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2020, 10:30 PM   #1681
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,452 Times in 1,028 Posts
Failed 263 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:

Would like to add that while a lot of people are most afraid of those wearing masks/full hazmat gear/gloves etc... These people are the LEAST likely people to transmit the virus to you. While they may look out of place, the person you should be worried about most is the dude who just walked by you talking on the phone without a mask.

I will be wearing a respirator when I shop now regardless if people think I look like I came straight out of Walter Whites RV.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:10 PM   #1682
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
I went yesterday evening.

US guard: where I am going.
Canada guard: what did I pick up.

I actually work at the airport. Some of the screening officers are wearing the masks, even some airport employees are wearing the mask and gloves when handling boarding passes, passports etc.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 12:16 AM   #1683
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 103 Times in 22 Posts
After this is over (hopefully in a few months), I wonder if public areas are going to have signs like Hong Kong where an elevator will have a sign saying “this button has been disinfected every 4 hours”

Stay safe
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 03:30 AM   #1684
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 46 Times in 23 Posts
Last week going back from PR, the CDN Border guard was asking if I have been to Iran in the last 2 weeks.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:45 AM   #1685
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
After this is over (hopefully in a few months), I wonder if public areas are going to have signs like Hong Kong where an elevator will have a sign saying “this button has been disinfected every 4 hours”

Stay safe
I wish, I don't think I've ever seen anyone disinfect the buttons, handles, handrails, to anything, anywhere here in canada/us

In hk/cn/tpe you don't just see the signs, you see people actively clean
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #1686
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I know! But have you tried it without ever wiping? Squirting that water onto a shitty ass and then trying to blow dry it? Also those dryers barely have any force, you'd have total swamp ass after.

I love them, but you absolutely need TP to go with them. Feel sorry for anyone who does your laundry if you don't wipe your ass before spraying water onto it God forbid you wanna get your ass ate
Three folded squares is all I need to wipe
Old 03-14-2020, 07:18 AM   #1687
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
If you see anyone coughing without covering their mouth please say something. You don’t have to be rude about it but anyone who isn’t in the habit needs to change their ways pronto. If you’re reading this and thought of a friend or family member you know who is an open air cougher, do the world a favour and let them know it makes everyone around them uncomfortable. It can be downright disgusting too depending on the environment.

I saw a lady in my local Safeway hacking up a lung into the milk fridge as I was waiting to grab some myself. I figured screw the milk and left without saying any words to her but she definitely could tell I wasn’t impressed. If I could go back in time I’d say something but this was before the insanity began. From now on I’ll be sure to speak up.

My 5 y/o knows to cover his mouth ffs.
I’ll start by saying I always cough into my elbow. But realistically, have you ever been beside someone cough into their elbow? My wife did the same thing a couple days ago. I got the full ricochet to my face. Sure, your not spreading it to your hands and touching everything in sight, but your elbow doesn’t magically absorb all the particles. It’s like farting into a walll. Your still going to smell it (ok not quite but you get what I mean. Little particles of bodily fluids are floating around until they lose their terminal velocity and come to rest). Coughing into your elbow doesn’t all of a sudden make you Mr Clean.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:31 AM   #1688
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Wow went to save on foods, potatoes, onions, most other vegs, all gone.
Meat, poultry, all gone, although ground beef seems to be rare lately anyways.

The small Asian grocer on the corner? Full of veg, no one shopped there.

T&T coq cen? Out of instant noodles n noodles basically, and meats as well.

The organic store, Pomme? Fully stocked

Some lady in front of me was visibly ill though, and wasn't wearing a mask, started coughing too, she simply turned her head towards her child to cough, didn't cover her face... Works at a Coquitlam animal shelter/hospital..
What's worse is she took forever, trying to use some obscure store credit she has.

Girl working the till ended up disinfecting the checkout machine after she left, and apologized
In terms of meat, and veg T and T have the stock now. Rice and noodles not so much. Wal Mart was out of pasta and any type of paper is toilet paper, tissue etc etc , hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol mask etc etc. That was yesterday. Saw some old lady at London drugs paying over $20 rolls of 24 roll of toilet paper……
As for not going to Pomme the stuff in that store is really expensive compare to Superstore, Wal Mart or even T and T. Try Assi super market instead. Price is still somewhat decent but not much people shop there. There is an organic supermarket to the left of Lincoln station but is overpriced.

Edit I also took Friday off since I got a cold and my throat is really sore. I didn't wear a mask since is only a cold but is scare to cough I'm public. It would be even worse if I cough with a mask on people is going to think ingot infected lol. Heard from a co worker management had a meeting and starting next week unless you have to work in the office you can work from home. I really don't think that's needed at all…… this also is unfair because while sales, accounting, marketing, HR can work from home people like the install techs, ISP admin, call center and support have to go in for work. It able really be everyone works from home or no one does.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 03-14-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:51 AM   #1689
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Sitting in my wife’s orthodontist office there’s some kid sitting across from me probably 13-15 kid is coughing just into the air etc I’m looking at him being like wtf..

Then he grabs some fat boogers from his nose and proceeds to eat them while looking me in the eyes..

RIP him and I
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 08:15 AM   #1690
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Yesterday, checked Superstore hours, shows open at 6am. So I figured not many would get up that early this morning Saturday, get there and it apparently opens at 7am. Not sure if they pushed back an hour later open or if online is misleading. Ended up chilling in my car for an hour, slowly the lineup starts building outside to wait for doors to open. Hoards of people in every aisle, lineup to pay was like an hour. Got home at 9am, 3 hour grocery shopping trip.......
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #1691

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Some invaluable relevance in these very uncertain times..

But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #1692
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,911 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I think everyone’s best course of action right now is to find the busiest place they can (Costco) and stay in a warehouse with thousands of people while grappling for toilet paper , hand sanitizer and water for when the B.C. government shuts off our tap water leaving us nothing to drink or wash our hands with.
Seems super fucking smart, because that’s a super likely scenario.
Fuck people are fucking retarded.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #1693
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Apple is shutting all of it's stores outside China for 2 weeks.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...irus-1.4853120

Quote:
ONDON -- Tech giant Apple is closing its stores outside of China for two weeks and will only sell online as part of efforts to fight the global viral pandemic.

"In our workplaces and communities, we must do all we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19," CEO Tim Cook tweeted Saturday. "Apple will be temporarily closing all stores outside of Greater China until March 27 and committing (US)($15M to help with worldwide recovery."
Old 03-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #1694
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Get out and support your local small businesses

A lot of restaurants in our area are hurting, try to make an effort to go somewhere besides the giant chains if you’re going out to eat and tip well. Will be very sad to see if some restaurants that have just opened or just getting their feet under them go under because of all this
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 10:10 AM   #1695
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
So my boss came into work on Thurs/Friday with a flu. People are obviously going wtf...anything legal you can do anonymously? lol, maybe a stupid question.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:11 AM   #1696
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/03...ial-available/

Quote:
OTTAWA (NEWS 1130) — Canadians who are currently abroad are being told by the federal government to come back home while commercial planes are still available.

The federal government is out with an official global travel advisory Saturday morning, warning that as COVID-19 spreads around the world, more countries might choose to seal off.

Foreign Affairs Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne tweeted the new recommendation, a step up from previous advice, which urged Canadians to rethink non-essential travel outside of the country.

“We recommend that Canadian travellers return to Canada via commercial means while they remain available,” his tweet reads.

In another tweet Prime Minister Justin Trudeau adds the government has also enhanced screenings and detection processes at all international airports, land borders, ferries, and rail ports of entry.

“These are significant steps – and we will do more if needed – because protecting our economy & keeping you safe is our top priority. We’ll continue to work with all orders of government, businesses, and public health officials,” his tweet reads. “And we will get through this together.”

This recommendation comes a day after Canadians were warned against all non-essential travel outside of Canada.

Meantime south of the border, the White House announced Saturday that the United States will broaden its European travel ban.

According to Vice President Mike Pence, travel from the U.K. and Ireland to the U.S. will soon come to a halt Monday at midnight.

More to come…

Last edited by Presto; 03-14-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #1697
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Get out and support your local small businesses

A lot of restaurants in our area are hurting, try to make an effort to go somewhere besides the giant chains if you’re going out to eat and tip well. Will be very sad to see if some restaurants that have just opened or just getting their feet under them go under because of all this
This. local F&Bs are getting a swift kick in the balls due to this virus. In the food truck/catering world, contracts are being cancelled or postponed for April just when the season is getting started....
cafe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #1698
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/03...demic-trudeau/

will Trudeau pay my VI too?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:30 AM   #1699
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Three folded squares is all I need to wipe
3 squares is so wasteful, get on my level

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #1700
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 29 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
3 squares is so wasteful, get on my level