REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:45 PM   #1726
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,911 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Whoever sees someone selling toilet paper in the Costco parking lot like that just throw a lit cigarette in the back of their vehicle. Should catch quickly.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #1727
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Whoever sees someone selling toilet paper in the Costco parking lot like that just throw a lit cigarette in the back of their vehicle. Should catch quickly.

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 03-14-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: cause i suck at using the internet, took me 14 mins to figure it out
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2020, 08:17 PM   #1728
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
I hope Costco does a no return policy on TP.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #1729
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I was at service Canada with a friend and over heard a Chinese talking on the phone saying he just came back to Canada from China and went straight to service Canada with his friend (he wasn't alone) to get sin Card and that afterwards he will go home, take a shower and meet up. This was back Feb. So much for self quarantine…… coz that's going to work. Unless you have people isolate in a military camp or have a GPS ankle bracelet on them there is no way to 100% to sure everyone will follow the self quarantine rule.
Back in Feb was the government telling people to self quarantine?

Costco today in Nanaimo had no to but QFC had lots. I bought a pack of 12. This was around 5:20 p.m.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #1730
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
I'm not saying test everyone, but Jesus, test the people coming back into the country.
At least then they'll know if they need to quarantine or not.
Telling people to just self isolate without them knowing whether they need to or not is just irresponsible.
Other countries that don't have Canada's "fiscal firepower" (Morneau's words, not mine) have been able to test much more. Why aren't we?

Washington State I believe has the highest number of cases in the US. Tens of thousands of British Columbians have probably gone and come from there since their outbreak. And more will. You think they're all going to self isolate?

Yup the French didn't listen but Canadians will.
They should do what Hong Kong did to China. Shut down all land borders to Washington, except one. Anyone coming in is subject to a mandatory 14 day quarantine, monitored by a phone app and call-ins. If your phone GPS doesn't sign in for a certain time, police come check up on you.

Nobody will want to come in unless they are coming home, and those people should be going back anyway, or staying away completely.

It worked pretty well for us, and no testing was needed.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:19 PM   #1731
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Holy jesus, mohammed, buddha, lucifer, devil in miss jones, loki, chairman mao, and xena. NVM toilet paper and hand sanitizer............ nobody this side of the Rockies has thermometers. I couldn't for the life of me, find the three I thought I had in the house. So, I went out to look for a replacement. Well, nobody has any. I should have figured it out as one of the important things to have. Anyway, carry on carrying on. I'll have to spend most of tomorrow finding the old ones. I did find one, but it was the yray kind....... you know....... I mean everybody calls him that. Right, FastAnna?
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 03-14-2020 at 09:25 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2020, 09:41 PM   #1732
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts

6 hr wait time at Dallas airport... holy F.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:42 PM   #1733
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 286 Times in 94 Posts
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #1734

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
They should do what Hong Kong did to China. Shut down all land borders to Washington, except one. Anyone coming in is subject to a mandatory 14 day quarantine, monitored by a phone app and call-ins. If your phone GPS doesn't sign in for a certain time, police come check up on you.

It worked pretty well for us, and no testing was needed.
This is a great idea, just USA / Canada doesn't have the man power to do this.
1) no monitoring team available; (honestly, my friend in China did get random calls + mandatory face time and then visits. That's China with their limitless $$). Don't know how this will work in in Canada, let alone USA.

2) not everyone has data phones / coverage. someone has to enforce and receive consequences.. which is another issue.

This is something USA and canada ain't even close to how efficient Asia is.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:51 PM   #1735
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Old 03-14-2020, 09:54 PM   #1736

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
1) no monitoring team available; (honestly, my friend in China did get random calls + mandatory face time and then visits. That's China with their limitless $$). Don't know how this will work in in Canada, let alone USA.

2) not everyone has data phones / coverage. someone has to enforce and receive consequences.. which is another issue.

Then have facilities for quarantined people who are either homeless (or visiting) or don't have a phone that can be tracked. I think someone said a mental hospital is empty but ready to go? Perfect.

"no monitoring team available" so make one lol. These don't have to be doctors or nurses, we could use police or military to do the job.

Once the borders are closed, there will not be many people to look after anyway
Old 03-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #1737

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Closing non essential business as well is going to crippleeeeee people’s livelihoods. When you start forcibly closing business all the while people still have to pay their bills, mortgage etc. Those are worst case measures not somthing you just follow suit with other countries for for the sake of it.
What's the alternative? There are ways to offset peoples costs and steps need to be taken to flatten the curve as much as possible to reduce the strain on the health care system. It's pretty hard to pay your bills when you're dead too.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2020, 10:10 PM   #1738
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
I think Seattle is going to be shut down next week. Read about people seeing the National Guard.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:58 PM   #1739

Excellent graphical presentation on how the virus "works"

Social Distancing is the best method of "flattening the curve":

The key is, can we accomplish this type of distancing without the same drastic measures China or Italy took?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #1740

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
One lady refused to be tested and went to church and a buffet lunch and infected more than 1000 people

https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-H...3SB/index.html
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:30 PM   #1741

Quote:
"no monitoring team available" so make one lol. These don't have to be doctors or nurses, we could use police or military to do the job.
Don't have the man power.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:35 PM   #1742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Don't have the man power.
65,000 in the armed forces, 15,000 reservists. We have the manpower. This is why we have a military, not just for fighting overseas.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2020, 11:37 PM   #1743

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:

6 hr wait time at Dallas airport... holy F.
I only spot 5 face masks.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:38 PM   #1744

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:

Asia is REALLY ahead in that department, compared to North America.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:59 PM   #1745

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Shout out to all the Nurses, Doctors, 811, Grocery Store Employees, Truck Drivers and everyone else out there who's been working like crazy the past few weeks and who will be working like mad for the next few months at least.

Remember to be kind to each other, it's going to get worse before it gets better but it will get better.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 12:02 AM   #1746

Quote:
65,000 in the armed forces, 15,000 reservists. We have the manpower. This is why we have a military, not just for fighting overseas.
Logistically not possible.
I only know first hand how HK/China is doing this so based on that:

1) Need vetted gov't employees with clearance to access personal database; SIN / Care Card / phone number.
2) Need a call center: manager + technical IT managers + call center reps.
3) Collect info from border records then call out to John/Jane Doe's cell phone.
4) Be able to have him / her allow location sharing. I don't even know how that works. Will it be a gov't app? Do they turn on wechat location services?
5) You'll need MULTIPLE IT nerds on standby to try and explain someone like my mom who's in her 60s and my dad who is 70 to turn on data and access internet or turn on an app. GOOD FOOKING LUCK with that... ahahahhahaha
6)OH... and you'll need an expert for all models on iphone + huawei + LG + samsung + ZTE.... etc. That's assuming we are just talking about someone who has a cell phone + data.... you know how I know.. cause my company had to have that for all our global employees (all done via India).
7) OH wait... we are in Canada.. we need bilingual AND maybe 20+ languages cause we have to cover all our bases on those who don't speak english.....

Going to stop talking now..... rants has gotten me really impressed how Asia / Hk has been able to pull this off. Fuck, I can't even get thru to Expedia for 2 day just to cancel my flight.

Military / reserves are not for these clerical tasks; guys on reserves right now are on standby on high alert in case they need to be deployed. If in 2 weeks, there are lock downs, guards will be needed at borders to say the least.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:17 AM   #1747

Quote:
Logistically not possible.
I only know first hand how HK/China is doing this so based on that:

1) Need vetted gov't employees with clearance to access personal database; SIN / Care Card / phone number.
2) Need a call center: manager + technical IT managers + call center reps.
3) Collect info from border records then call out to John/Jane Doe's cell phone.
4) Be able to have him / her allow location sharing. I don't even know how that works. Will it be a gov't app? Do they turn on wechat location services?
5) You'll need MULTIPLE IT nerds on standby to try and explain someone like my mom who's in her 60s and my dad who is 70 to turn on data and access internet or turn on an app. GOOD FOOKING LUCK with that... ahahahhahaha
6)OH... and you'll need an expert for all models on iphone + huawei + LG + samsung + ZTE.... etc. That's assuming we are just talking about someone who has a cell phone + data.... you know how I know.. cause my company had to have that for all our global employees (all done via India).
7) OH wait... we are in Canada.. we need bilingual AND maybe 20+ languages cause we have to cover all our bases on those who don't speak english.....

Going to stop talking now..... rants has gotten me really impressed how Asia / Hk has been able to pull this off. Fuck, I can't even get thru to Expedia for 2 day just to cancel my flight.

Military / reserves are not for these clerical tasks; guys on reserves right now are on standby on high alert in case they need to be deployed. If in 2 weeks, there are lock downs, guards will be needed at borders to say the least.
Can't really compare to HK as it's just a small city. That's a big advantage

Can't compare to china because their most effective method was barring people inside their homes and killing people. That's a big advantage on paper in terms of slowing the virus numbers wise (most people want as many people to live as possible, with as much liberty as possible.)

The rest, it's all pretty simple IT based stuff. Canada is a small country with 30 million people and a border shared with only one country. If people put thought into it, they can solve this. Your comments with "IT Nerds" and shit like that shows that you aren't even really putting any thought into anything, just spouting off (and during this stressful time, that's understandable)

It's not just "asia is ahead of us". They had totally different circumstances. Korea and Italy also handled their outbreaks differently from the rest, as is Japan.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:42 AM   #1748

Quote:
Can't really compare to HK as it's just a small city. That's a big advantage

Can't compare to china because their most effective method was barring people inside their homes and killing people. That's a big advantage on paper in terms of slowing the virus numbers wise (most people want as many people to live as possible, with as much liberty as possible.)

The rest, it's all pretty simple IT based stuff. Canada is a small country with 30 million people and a border shared with only one country. If people put thought into it, they can solve this. Your comments with "IT Nerds" and shit like that shows that you aren't even really putting any thought into anything, just spouting off (and during this stressful time, that's understandable)

It's not just "asia is ahead of us". They had totally different circumstances. Korea and Italy also handled their outbreaks differently from the rest, as is Japan.
You would be surprised at how many people don't have cell phones and coverage is spotty in many places including parts of Nanaimo like the Hammond bay area.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:22 AM   #1749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You would be surprised at how many people don't have cell phones and coverage is spotty in many places including parts of Nanaimo like the Hammond bay area.
I hear you man, just trying to brainstorm some solutions that worked elsewhere.

When people say that nobody is going to quarantine, my first thought is to track them so they have to.

However, maybe the assumption should just be, not everyone will quarantine themselves. So the goal should be to get as many of them to do so as possible. Public shaming might be the solution, rather than forcing them to stay home.

Maybe full lockdown is the only viable solution, and some countries were just lucky to avoid it (and some may well get there)
Old 03-15-2020, 04:35 AM   #1750
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
cbsa has a team for that, if travel is shutdown, and ppl are denied entry, you wouldn't need much manpower to monitor...ppl play nice when they think they're being surveiled anyhow

all the suppliers like grainger/uline/etc aren't selling masks to new customers anymore, just to previous ones same with medical supply companies
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote