REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-23-2020, 08:54 AM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
as a kid thought the use of bavarian saloons for highway patrol in taiwan was interesting...now it just looks corrupt af like the UAE

Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #52
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts

I had an Infiniti G20 before and I loved it. Sure it's not a Primera but the SR20 is rev-happy and with a 5-speed it has an LSD.

Miss this car....
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #53
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,469 Times in 2,027 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
Pontiac Grandprix coupe. You dont even see these around anymore, but our nextdoor neighbor had a supercharged one back in 2002 and i thought it was cool af

I remember this commercial for the Grand Prix

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #54
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,407 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isMSPORT View Post

/Thread
Best BMW, that BMW never made
Without a doubt the greatest sports car ever made. Even 25 years later it's still the one, modern super hyper E-turbo hybrid 2000hp whatevers still don't have the pure soul of the F1. That V12 is eargasmic. The CLK-GTR is another favourite of mine. I think the GT1 category of cars in the mid-late 90's are the best generation of sports car including the 911 GT1, F50 GT, Diablo GT, etc. The fact that you could and still can drive these cars on the street after they won races on the track is insane. For years they were barely recognized and even sold for under MSRP but they've recently started to become much more appreciated and are now worth many times their original sale price. In the case of the McLaren F1 the average value is 15-18x original price.

On the affordable exotic side from the past I still have a soft spot for the Gen II Viper. They're nearing the bottoming out of their value now as the discontinuation of the car is likely to see their values rise in the coming years. They were terrifying when they came out in the mid 90's but modern tire technology has done wonders. I'm still casually shopping for one. I made an offer on the *ROACH* ACR that was sitting at Willowbrook Dodge hoping to take it on as a project but they were looking for a sucker to flip it to after they took it in on trade not realizing the troubled history it has. The salesman I dealt with was as slimy as they come and knew nothing about the car but pretended to thinking I was an idiot. Even tried to cover up / dismiss the massive coolant leak it had and wouldn't come down to a reasonable price for its condition, so I walked. It's not listed any more after rotting on their lot outside for 18 months so if someone bought it I sure hope they didn't pay anything close to what they were asking and knew what they were buying. The hunt continues, they are a timeless classic.

JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2020, 03:22 AM   #55
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
Not exactly "cool" but quite quirky as we've never had these in Canada. My old beater when I first moved here. 2001 Renault Clio 172 RS Phase 2. 170hp, less than 1100kg, gets 8.4/100km with mixed highway and spirited mountain twisty driving, and bought for $2150 CAD! Best beater ever.

Last edited by Galactic_Phantom; 04-30-2020 at 03:31 AM. Reason: forgot how to upload pictures
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2020, 04:46 AM   #56
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Without a doubt the greatest sports car ever made. Even 25 years later it's still the one
Agreed. Here are a couple of photos that I took at Silverstone F1 race in 1992. K8 MCL is owned by McLaren and is the car that did the 240mph top speed run. I think it's often loaned out to journalists etc and has over 100,000 miles.

I don't know anything about the last car, the pics of that I took in Monterey in 2004. I love the interior, all the controls especially.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCLAREN_F1.JPG (69.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MCLAREN_F1R.JPG (69.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDR_0075.jpg (184.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDR_0076.jpg (110.6 KB, 0 views)
denham is offline   Reply With Quote