REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #326
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
I’m at Costco looking for XMas gifts. The Brighton Avenue location still have the blue nitrile gloves in stock. For any of you who are still looking for then. Limit of one
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:55 AM   #327
MG1

Also, Sun Rype Blue Label Apple Juice is on sale. Works out to $1 each. No big deal in itself as that’s the going sale price everywhere, but the ones they carry at Costco are the Organic ones. Haven’t seen those at your run of the mill food stores.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:11 AM   #328
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
is toilet paper limited to one per household? why are they running out every day, people are hoarding again?
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #329
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
is toilet paper limited to one per household? why are they running out every day, people are hoarding again?
People hoarding for sure. I went to Metrotown this morning to buy a pack of toilet paper and it was semi chaotic. Granted I only buy Charmin so I'm already limiting myself.

1st stop Superstore, No charmin but the entire toilet paper aisle was fairly wiped out. About 5% of stock left at around 830am

2nd stop Walmart, No Charmin but they were fairly stocked with Royale and other brands

3rd stop T&T, well they don't have a huge stock to begin with but they were about 50% stocked and I grabbed the last Charmin blue, had a few of the ultra strongs left.

To your other question, yes limit of 1 on all paper products including kleenex as well when I went 1.5 weeks ago. Even online it limits you to 1 when you add more than 1 to the cart.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:24 AM   #330
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,905 Times in 4,462 Posts
Hoarding? no way. people are buying to re-sell (at cost) to those who are needy and desperate.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #331
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Hoarding? no way. people are buying to re-sell (at cost) to those who are needy and desperate.
Why you gotta be such a B!tch..........

Old 11-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #332
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Question for the Costco Pro's / Elite Couponers

I'm a costco noob and buy things when I need them. Later I notice the items have gone on sale and I usually have shredded the receipt.
How can I request a price adjustment?
What is the price adjustment period?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:11 AM   #333
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Ah, a fellow hoarder............
The funny thing is...I am not even hoarding, I buy 2-3 packs at a time and actually finish them loool.
jerche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #334
MG1

30 days with receipt. That's the new rule. I was talking to one of the people at the return desk. She told me most people keep their receipts in an envelope and leave it in their car. That way, when something they bought last week goes on sale, they look through their receipts. I always keep receipts up in the visor. Just today, I got $5.00 back for a pack of 9 volt batteries that are on sale this week. I purchased them three weeks ago. I needed 9 volts for a bunch of water leak detectors I purchased. They all use 9 volts. Anyway, I knew batteries go on sale always in November. Never in December when you need them the most (Xmas toys and shit). BTW, hoarding batteries are never a good idea. Even though it says guaranteed for 10 years, they don't. Well, they do, but when you use them, they don't last very long. It's like people who buy milk without checking the date. One person told me, "I'll use it by that date." Yeah, but why not buy one that's way fresher. Not one that's two days from expiry.

Forgot to add, a supervisor can override that rule. I actually had that happen with an air purifier I no longer needed. It wasn't opened. Maybe that's why? I'd try. Never hurts to try.

Last edited by MG1; 11-24-2020 at 10:27 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #335
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerche View Post
The funny thing is...I am not even hoarding, I buy 2-3 packs at a time and actually finish them loool.
Don't take it personally. It's more of an inside joke where someone insinuated or perhaps even accused MG1 of being a hoarder and we just ran with the joke. The original comment was a bit over the top, and quite frankly, unnecessary.

For the record @MG1 I don't have any issue or care what people buy. I just don't like or appreciate it when people run at things like a mad dash or if their life depended on it and buy more than what's really necessary for themselves (i.e. masks at the peak of COVID.)
Old 11-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #336
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,472 Times in 1,274 Posts
Quote:
Don't take it personally. It's more of an inside joke where someone insinuated or perhaps even accused MG1 of being a hoarder and we just ran with the joke. The original comment was a bit over the top, and quite frankly, unnecessary.
That someone would be me!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #337
RS Veteran

Oh lol

i thought it was B!tch who said it
Old 11-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #338
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,472 Times in 1,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Does anyone else think this thread encourages hoarding? Nothing against you MG1 just my thoughts.

What the hell are people still hoarding Lysol wipes for? Are you people STILL wiping down your groceries? Fomite transmission is rare and you should be washing your hands/sanitizing anyways - which is the vector viruses come into you anyways.

I bought 4 tubs of Lysol wipes at the beginning of the pandemic and still have 3 full ones sitting around. I basically only use it when I go pump gas or when I decide to eat in the car.
QED

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #339
MG1

No, it was the B!tch. I wasn’t offended by either of the two posts. Listen I survived 16 years of living in the heart of the DTES. Anyway, god bless...........

You know, we should start a thread on Revscene’s inside jokes. Then again, RS wouldn’t be such a mysterious place. BTW, who’s the chick we all want to spot? And, Happy Bubble, Barnston Island, etc.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #340
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,057 Times in 3,941 Posts
Doesn't Costco log everything by your card number? I was able to warranty a car battery my mom bought by giving them her number to look up the purchase.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #341
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Doesn't Costco log everything by your card number? I was able to warranty a car battery my mom bought by giving them her number to look up the purchase.
My thoughts exactly, unless this policy has changed. I probably should have read their updated policies when I renewed my membership card a month ago, after letting it lapse for over a year.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:52 PM   #342
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
My thoughts exactly, unless this policy has changed. I probably should have read their updated policies when I renewed my membership card a month ago, after letting it lapse for over a year.
I let mine lapse for 18 months and got a $60 off voucher by renewing a couple weeks ago.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:25 PM   #343
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
1st stop Superstore, No charmin but the entire toilet paper aisle was fairly wiped out. About 5% of stock left at around 830am
Superstore on Grandview Hwy had Charmin a few hours ago when I was there.

Old 11-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #344
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
They do. Everything is tracked by membership number.

I guess they're just overwhelmed by people returning stuff at the drop of a hat. People really take advantage of the return policy. I guess that's why it's at the discretion of the supervisory staff. They're forced to place limits. Time of 30 days is enough. Plus, having to present a receipt is what most places put in place as a rule. Someone could have purchased the same item from a place like Wal Mart and return it at Costco, although most items have a Costco specific bar code.

Last edited by MG1; 11-24-2020 at 02:39 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #345
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,559 Times in 5,761 Posts
They’ve been making a bit bigger of a deal for returns with no receipt recently.

I bought a ceiling fan online in June and returned it unopened in October just because it wasn’t going to work. It still had the stupid Costco shipping slip taped on the box. The guy gave me a bit of attitude in that I needed the order number at least etc. I said my wife and I are both on the joint account and I could provide name, email, date, etc. But I didn’t have the order number and the stupid packing slip didn’t have it either..

He kinda just stood there doing nothing while I attempted to call the wife to get the number because she ordered it through the app, when that wasn’t going anywhere eventually he dug around and found it. But yea I think they are giving a little more pushback lately, if you can call that push back
Old 11-24-2020, 06:36 PM   #346
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
This is interesting to hear. Yes they can use your membership card to look up your purchases but online is different. It always used to be you could return without receipt but you would get the last price in the system. So if your item went on clearance (ending in .97) that is the amount you would get back.

Sounds like a lot of people are using Costco online and local warehouses are dealing with piles of returns. My local Costco has signs up no returns on Lysol wipes, toilet paper, rice etc.

And yes one toilet paper per family at Langford. Been like that for a while now.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:30 PM   #347
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Superstore on Grandview Hwy had Charmin a few hours ago when I was there.
Always hit and miss funny thing the Grandview location is the location I usually go to cause I lived close to there for a number of years. I'm a few mins closer to the Metro one now and because the weather sucked this morning I opted for cover st Metro which is my most hated version but it was early and I was literally going to be in and out.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 09:04 AM   #348
MG1

Found a jar of Safie Sweet Beets in the back of the pantry. So good. Perfect with Curry. Not cheap, but it's something I treat myself to once in a while. Good shelf life, too. Frugal me likes to dump canned beets in the left over liquid (brine, juice, whatever) to get money's worth. Although nowhere near the freshness. Nothing like freshly opened jar of pickled beets. A regular item at Costco. I discovered it at the Bellingham Costco a few years back. Samples do work. I fell in love with it at first bite. My mother made home made pickled beets and this product is so close to the ones she used to make. It's slightly better............ sorry, mom.

https://safiefoods.com/product/home-...pickled-beets/

This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2021, 05:14 PM   #349
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,867 Times in 2,529 Posts
tried a jar of butter chicken sauce (can't recall brand) from costco, easy to cook with and tasted great IMO.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2021, 05:18 PM   #350
MG1

It's convenient and alright. They go on sale every now and then. That's the only time I buy the stuff. Comes in a 2 pack. Name has three letters in it like KFC, lol.