REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-20-2022, 09:21 AM   #726
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Damn... I don't know how my kid is doing this, but somehow he keeps finding a way to bypass the diaper with his urine so his back or sides under the armpit gets wet, including the bassinet.

I quadruple check the diaper each time when I'm changing him to make sure it's all sealed up. Did that "folding trick" at the front to try to catch any frontal blow outs. But the funny thing is the front doesn't even get affected and the diaper indicator stays yellow.
Might need to switch brands. They fit differently and the sizes are different even at the same level. You may want to buy small boxes of a few different brands to try out.
Advertisement
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:21 AM   #727
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,719 Times in 1,631 Posts
Quote:
Damn... I don't know how my kid is doing this, but somehow he keeps finding a way to bypass the diaper with his urine so his back or sides under the armpit gets wet, including the bassinet.

I quadruple check the diaper each time when I'm changing him to make sure it's all sealed up. Did that "folding trick" at the front to try to catch any frontal blow outs. But the funny thing is the front doesn't even get affected and the diaper indicator stays yellow.
This is your newborn?

Chances are you're using the wrong size, and as others have mentioned, try different brands. For about the first six months with our girl we did pampers only, then after that when she started solids and sleeping longer we did pampers during the night and huggies during the day (I think..or vice versa).

Also don't be afraid to just cinch the diaper a bit more, at newborn even the smallest diaper will look like a potato sack, just strap it a tiny bit tighter.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #728
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
This is your newborn?

Chances are you're using the wrong size, and as others have mentioned, try different brands. For about the first six months with our girl we did pampers only, then after that when she started solids and sleeping longer we did pampers during the night and huggies during the day (I think..or vice versa).

Also don't be afraid to just cinch the diaper a bit more, at newborn even the smallest diaper will look like a potato sack, just strap it a tiny bit tighter.
Yeah, my newborn. I'm using Pampers size 0
I also have Huggies from a sample pack, but size 1. They're definitely on the bigger side. I may need to try Huggies size 0. For the mean time, I'll try to strap it a bit tighter.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 07:07 PM   #729

Quote:
Yeah, my newborn. I'm using Pampers size 0
I also have Huggies from a sample pack, but size 1. They're definitely on the bigger side. I may need to try Huggies size 0. For the mean time, I'll try to strap it a bit tighter.
There's a size below 0 (or N), usually called P.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #730
Banned (ABWS)?

P might be too small. I think the sizing chart says that's for premies, under 6 lbs.

I noticed Huggies have different "series", like little snugglers, little movers, etc.
And Pampers have Pure Protection, swaddlers, baby-dry, etc.

Are these all basically different fits? I can't tell what the diff are..
Old 12-22-2022, 12:20 PM   #731

Managing coughing has been a nightmare this past month.

We were suspecting the little one brought RSV home from daycare; the tell tale wheezy cough, wife and him are both sick and I'm not affect (I'm immune to RSV). He was getting better when suddenly one night at 11:30pm, he coughed himself awake with the barking cough (croup).

We ended up at the hospital so he can get dex to calm it down. Dex is a steroid that reduces the swelling that cause croup (upper airway)

It was getting better then on the 4th day, some light barking returned. Dex is supposed to be effective for only up to 4 days so he still had a bit of it lingering. Here's the challenge:

Upper airway is calmed by moist cold air. We have cold air and a humidifier, great.
He has a low airway cough, which is helped by warm air, fml.
He's prone to post nasal drip, which is a problem most prevalent when it's cold. Fuck.
The barking is the worse of the cough though so wtf do you do.

Salbutamol, Prospan, that Chinese sweet paste thing, Aerius to help with a runny nose, warm soup....... ugh. Wife is about to go insane.

He's not extremely sick and is actually mostly ok, but it's annoying.
Old 12-22-2022, 03:38 PM   #732

Quote:
P might be too small. I think the sizing chart says that's for premies, under 6 lbs.

I noticed Huggies have different "series", like little snugglers, little movers, etc.
And Pampers have Pure Protection, swaddlers, baby-dry, etc.

Sizing chart is a guide, but not definitive. My kid wore 2 sizes up than what was on the box for about a year.

The series, there are far better answers if you just google xx vs yy, there are mom blogs that go over all the details.

Essentially at that age you want snugglers or the equivalent, the movers are for when they start crawling/waddling. Different tensions of elastics around the thighs, etc., to account for the movement.

If your newborn is leaking, try a different brand. Either that, or he's peeing with a lot of force, lol.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:30 PM   #733
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Or hes getting an erection then hes peeing out from the top.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #734
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,059 Times in 3,942 Posts
Quote:
They have different uses and fits, and the sizing is slightly different too. I can't remember the exact models but my kids Pampers nighttimes are like half a size off from her Pampers daytimes.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 01:25 AM   #735
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,193 Times in 404 Posts
I used Pampers nighttimes full time, even during the day. There wasn't really any extra bulk I found, unless it was fully saturated. The extra absorbentcy was worth it.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 01:40 AM   #736
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Happened to my boy when he was a newborn, pee kept leaking out, the way that fixed it was to ensure his penis is facing downwards before strapping the diaper up; push penis downwards, front of diaper on
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:33 AM   #737
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some of these out, including looking for another kind of diaper, trial and error.

Last week, the baby vommitted all over himself and my wife when she was feeding him
A few days ago, she got to see the water fountain show when she was changing his diaper. I was just laughing at how I've been lucky to not be the one.

Today, I experienced the first rocket shit. When I open the old diaper, I leave it in place as a "shield" while I'm cleaning him. Then right when I removed it, he launched shit across the change table, soiling the wet wipes container and also getting some onto his crib. fukkk

rite of passaage to parenthood..
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2022, 10:55 AM   #738
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,577 Posts
Vomiting all over baby & mommy/daddy, water fountain show during diaper change, rocket shxt...

Sounds like you are still missing the projectile vomit, explosive diarrhea, and leaky pooped diaper awards!

But you'll collect them all soon enough. All parents do LOL~
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #739

I guess we got lucky, only I experienced pee fountain, and we didn't get projectile vomit until 2.

That was with the first one. Let's see how the 2nd one fares.
So far it's not been great and she's not even born. Car accident in Sept and monitoring at the hospital. Wife fell down some stairs yesterday together with the son and again monitor at the hospital and son needed to see the ER cause of a large cut.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:50 AM   #740
Banned (ABWS)?

At least I got the diaper situation under control now. Seems like the Huggies fit better.

My new problem is trying to figure out why my baby is grunting so much at night in his sleep. Sounds like he's constipated AF and he's acting all animated with his limbs, crunching them in, and then flexing them straight.

I read online grunting baby syndrome (GBS) is a legit thing, while they're trying to learn how to properly take a shit. So I guess maybe it's just that.

His poo looks normal though, so it doesn't look constipated. But some nights, he just looks like he's in so much agony. So then I take him out of the bassinet and put him on my lap while I'm using the computer, he calms down. And it only seems to happen when he's sleeping at night, not as much during the day time.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:52 AM   #741
Banned (ABWS)?

What's with baby poop...
why does everything it hits stain yellow and seems impossible to wash off.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:31 AM   #742
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,059 Times in 3,942 Posts
Resolve Spray & Wash stain remover was my savior there. Be sure to follow the directions though. Also hang dry after the first wash so anything that didn't come out the first time doesn't get baked in by the dryer.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2022, 08:11 AM   #743

Quote:
What's with baby poop...
why does everything it hits stain yellow and seems impossible to wash off.
Seconding resolve. Also use cold water.

Another trick you can do to save you some time at nights, is to layer your crib mattress with sheets & protectors.

So...on the mattress, put a protector on, and then a sheet, and then another protector, and another sheet. You can do a third one if you wish.

This way when there's shit on the sheets at night, just rip the top layers off, soak them but you have another fresh set ready to go.

Also, you ain't seen shit until you experience the ones that explode out the back (usually when they're in the car seat), and it travels all the way up to their neck. lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2022, 01:15 PM   #744

^ What they said. Anything that deals with bodily fluids, use cold water/wash. Heat is your enemy.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:48 PM   #745
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Seconding resolve. Also use cold water.

Another trick you can do to save you some time at nights, is to layer your crib mattress with sheets & protectors.

So...on the mattress, put a protector on, and then a sheet, and then another protector, and another sheet. You can do a third one if you wish.

This way when there's shit on the sheets at night, just rip the top layers off, soak them but you have another fresh set ready to go.

Also, you ain't seen shit until you experience the ones that explode out the back (usually when they're in the car seat), and it travels all the way up to their neck. lol.
Pros and cons but I like doing protective sheet, sheet, then mat. The positive is you don't even need to waste time ripping it off all the edges of the mattress which depending on your bed frame, mattress and mental state at the time could be a pain in the ass. I use peapod mats which is probably the most popular one. I even lay them on my couches 24/7 and it has saved my couch from stains ever since.

https://www.peapodmats.com/

The negative of the mats is that it just sits on top of the bed so depending on the size you get in comparison to the bed and what type of sleeper you have the edges could curl up in your sleep but generally we have not had any issues in the 4 years of using it.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 05:37 PM   #746
Banned (ABWS)?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/r...-1530311p.html

So this is the one I should be using?
Old 12-30-2022, 06:39 PM   #747

Quote:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/r...-1530311p.html

So this is the one I should be using?
Yes. Or if it's fresh you can hand-wash with baby detergent, it comes out.

At least it doesn't smell bad yet
Old 01-02-2023, 10:36 AM   #748
private modder

Thanked 2,693 Times in 752 Posts
Whenever there's bodily fluid involved, my wife is adamant we wash in hot water. She is an RN so she's always very buttoned down when it comes to cleaning and bacteria control. So far so good, it seems to work and we haven't had any permanent staining. I think it must have to do with some babies having different chemical properties in their system, so some babies stain more and some stain less. So far so good on this end.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:03 PM   #749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Whenever there's bodily fluid involved, my wife is adamant we wash in hot water. She is an RN so she's always very buttoned down when it comes to cleaning and bacteria control. So far so good, it seems to work and we haven't had any permanent staining. I think it must have to do with some babies having different chemical properties in their system, so some babies stain more and some stain less. So far so good on this end.
We'd still run it through a hot wash after cause my wife is just as germaphobic. So we end up washing it twice.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2023, 10:52 PM   #750

Haha us too. I'd wash the shit out by hand in cold, then 'dry' it until the wife rewashes with other baby laundry.