REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
^^^THIS!! Enjoy the warranty and newness then toss the keys back. Enjoy a lower cost of ownership outside of the warranty period, and better aging fit and finish in my opinion, with the Lexus. New for new, almost any Euro vehicle has more appeal compared to peasant Toyota, but I find that they don't age well. I'm generalizing but on average it costs less to own a Japanese product compared to anything European when they become 5 years old and then 10+ and then 20+. The dice roll gets riskier with age.
Advertisement
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #27
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Aye I was just hoping maybe the quality of rovers have changed over the years since I hadn't given em a look for... a decade at least
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Aye I was just hoping maybe the quality of rovers have changed over the years since I hadn't given em a look for... a decade at least
I'm so jaded on Land Rover (and Jag) that they could build the perfect vehicle and I'd still trash the shit out of it. I can't say I've had one single positive experience with either brand, but we're talking late 90's to about 2015 model years mostly. They could have level'd up since then but I'm not too sure.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2021, 12:41 PM   #29
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Yeah I ended up googling some and it sounds like they're still horrible when it comes to reliability

But the new ceo says his goal is tackling that issue... slowly

Maybe the new range will be better, but sounds like it'll be quite some time yet before I'd look at them

It's a shame cuz the 2022 looks gorgeous imo especially with the paint options and interior

The Fsport LX looks pretty good too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,266 Times in 4,627 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
I don't think Range Rover will ever be reliable, at least not in our lifetime.

There's a guy I work with who keeps getting a new one every few years on a lease, and it's the biggest piece of shit ever spending more time in the shop than on the road. But fan boys will be fan boys because in his mind, there's nothing wrong with it and believes it's part of the experience like when his car wouldn't start in campus parking lot and I had to drive his sorry ass home just last Thursday. To my shock (and horror if you will) his wife has a LX470 with 575,000km on the odometer.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #31
private modder

Thanked 2,764 Times in 776 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
There was a research study that came out a few years ago I thought was interesting.

From what I remember, it listed the top automotive brands based on brand loyalty.

Then it compared that study to the top automotive brands based on reliabilty.

RR was highest for brand loyalty. For reliability, RR was near the bottom.

So basically, customers love RR's the most even though they are the one of the least reliable.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #32
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,266 Times in 4,627 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I don't think Range Rover will ever be reliable, at least not in our lifetime.

There's a guy I work with who keeps getting a new one every few years on a lease, and it's the biggest piece of shit ever spending more time in the shop than on the road. But fan boys will be fan boys because in his mind, there's nothing wrong with it and believes it's part of the experience like when his car wouldn't start in campus parking lot and I had to drive his sorry ass home just last Thursday. To my shock (and horror if you will) his wife has a LX470 with 575,000km on the odometer.
but his wife's a legend!!

Our 2019 is like $150 to fill, takes premium(recommended but debatable), and gets a whopping 400kms to a tank. It's so brutal it's comical. Heading to the Kootaney's tomorrow for 5 days; interested to see how the mpg's improve on the highway.