REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-07-2021, 06:27 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,592 Times in 1,207 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackGS? View Post
The best result would be Kimi winning on his last GP.
Max P10
Lewis P11
But will Kimi have the drink?

Anyways throwback to last year at Abu Dhabi when Alonso took a rip in a very nice museum piece on modern slicks

Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 26 Times in 12 Posts
Aside from Max and Lewis battle, I just wanna see Mr. Saturday get into Q3
Old 12-07-2021, 08:04 PM   #28
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,282 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-vip View Post
Aside from Max and Lewis battle, I just wanna see Mr. Saturday get into Q3
Don't worry, he'll get into Q3 more next year. 44 vs. 63
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #29
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,409 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 366 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
... And to top that off this has been one of the most dramatic seasons in my opinion.
I might be on my own with this opinion but as a purest I feel like this season has taken F1 to a near all-time low. It's dramatic because they've turned the series in to a soap opera. The actual racing has been trash for the last few years, now it's all about drivers and team managers whinging like children over every millimeter they can get from the rules. Drivers are the most immature and unsportsmanlike that I can remember with their brake-checking, dangerous blocking attempts, outright smashing in to each other, etc. The announcers during the Saudi race even said it themselves that some drivers aren't afraid of just crashing in to other cars. That stuff has always been there but I don't think I've ever seen it this bad. Hamilton's pit-maneuver on Verstappen this year was disgusting and very dangerous. If someone had taken me out like that back in my racing days they'd have best left their helmet on back in the pits.

I've been following the season loosely because MotoGP provides infinitely better racing and parity, but I heard the hype over the Saudi race so I watched it last night. I didn't see high-quality talent racing hard, I saw two immature team managers and drivers playing chess with the rules. That wasn't racing, it was crap.

The hybrid cars are soulless and boring, no fuel at the pit stops makes them almost a non-factor. I miss the "V10 era", and was fortunate to see them at the Australian GP in 2004 and walk the track after the race. Those cars were absolute beasts to drive and a pleasure to watch. I wish they'd bring those engine rules back with modern slicks and aero.

JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 154 Times in 14 Posts
What exactly makes a purist?

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,973 Times in 1,835 Posts
Failed 185 Times in 100 Posts
Statistically speaking, years with non-refueling pit stops has had significantly more on-track overtaking than years with refuelling:

2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #32
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,905 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
I don’t think any F1 fan would dispute missing the V10’s

All the videos I’ve watched regarding the changes for 2022 though make me optimistic as a fan returning to the sport
Old 12-08-2021, 03:38 PM   #33
private modder

Thanked 2,784 Times in 782 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
I might be on my own with this opinion but as a purest I feel like this season has taken F1 to a near all-time low. It's dramatic because they've turned the series in to a soap opera.
But that's what makes sports so GOOD. It IS a soap opera. Look at all sports, from NFL Films, to Canucks fans chanting Fire Benning. This is no different.

I've been watching F1 since the 90s. I love racing. But the best seasons are the ones that are soap operas.

Schumacher's antics, whether it's colliding into Jacques Villeneuve, or Ferrari team orders giving handing him the win.

The race where Michelin tires were defective and drivers refused to start.

Mark Webber vs Vettel. Or Hamilton vs Rosberg. And now we have Max vs Lewis. Heck even Toto vs Christian. It's SO good to watch.

Those were all good because they were DRAMATIC and the tension and soap opera built all season long.

Thanks to Netflix, they have brought the drama to the forefront and now millions more people care about F1 than before.

The only thing I agree with you on is the current specs of the cars makes hard racing less of a key element within the sport. But the governing bodies have acknowledged that and it will hopefully improve in 2022.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2021, 06:16 PM   #34
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,409 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 366 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
But that's what makes sports so GOOD.
All valid points in your post, and driver and team rivalries are a big part of the sport. That being said they need to get back to doing the winning and losing in the cars on the track. There is far too much crying on the radio and through the media to mommy and daddy at Race Direction these days. It's gotten obnoxious. Too often when I'm watching races I find myself thinking 'Just STFU and race! Stop whining and be faster!' This past Saudi round was a prime example. I tuned in to watch the best drivers in the world go as fast as possible to try and win, not have the rule book read to me half the broadcast because someone is complaining. The constant petty games and groaning detract from the sport.

Great68 - makes sense. Cars on track more = more passing. The pit stops have gone from about eight seconds to two. I'd be in favour of them retaining the larger fuel capacities and shortening the race distance - make the races flag to flag. 50 mins to an hour flat out, then it would get really intense in the later stages when fuel loads lighten and tires go off. The two second pit stops feel awkward and unnecessary.

Here's hoping the changes next season make the racing better
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:00 PM   #35

Quote:

Great68 - makes sense. Cars on track more = more passing. The pit stops have gone from about eight seconds to two. I'd be in favour of them retaining the larger fuel capacities and shortening the race distance - make the races flag to flag. 50 mins to an hour flat out, then it would get really intense in the later stages when fuel loads lighten and tires go off. The two second pit stops feel awkward and unnecessary.
With the current cars what you're suggesting would make the race even more processional. You'd see even more tire management and slow driving than you see now, not the flat out flag to flag that you think you would get (this is basically what the Sprint is supposed to be, and so far those have been underwhelming).

Teams have had enough time with these Pirellis to have figured out the optimal lap times for best results in the race (this isn't 2011-2012 where you'd see the pronounced "tire performance cliff").

But totally agree with everything else you said about the whining on the radio and all the penalties (especially the post race ones). It's just too much these days.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 12-08-2021, 07:19 PM   #36
private modder

Thanked 2,784 Times in 782 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
All valid points in your post, and driver and team rivalries are a big part of the sport. That being said they need to get back to doing the winning and losing in the cars on the track. There is far too much crying on the radio and through the media to mommy and daddy at Race Direction these days. It's gotten obnoxious. Too often when I'm watching races I find myself thinking 'Just STFU and race! Stop whining and be faster!' This past Saudi round was a prime example. I tuned in to watch the best drivers in the world go as fast as possible to try and win, not have the rule book read to me half the broadcast because someone is complaining. The constant petty games and groaning detract from the sport.
I dunno, I would say there ALWAYS whining and crying in the past. The only difference now is they broadcast it to the viewers. This is the first year they broadcast radio between the Race Director and the teams, and I love it. This stuff is nothing new, it's just that now we get to hear it.

I have the F1TV subscription purely for the on demand radio access for every driver at all times (and no annoying TSN commercials). It makes watching even a practice section that much more entertaining. Imagine if we could watch any sport with players mic'd up during the game and could hear them talking to their coaches.

For years F1 was managed by Ecclestone and he was against any kind of transparency beyond the 'official' interviews. Now we have things like Netflix and look how many more people are interested.

When I first met my wife she complained why am I watching cars going around in circles and since Netflix came out, she'll watch races with me and is happy when I told her Albon is coming back next year
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2021, 08:27 PM   #37

Yeah Liberty Media has definately made those changes for the better. And the Netflix phenomenon is real.

It's kind of hilarious having several co-workers who pretty much had no interest, all of a sudden strike up a conversation with the F1 guy in the office (me), reciting all the things they just watched on drive to survive. I'm like "I know, I watched it all live... 3 years ago"
I try my hardest not to be too condescending though, more fans is a good thing, and some of them actually started watching races.

My wife seemed to always like F1, I think mostly for the glamour, prestige surrounding it. She really got into it after we went to Montreal and actually watched it live.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2021, 06:43 AM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 222 Times in 38 Posts
Mika is not happy with the shit that's going on with Max and Lewis. https://www.planetf1.com/news/mika-h...tle-dangerous/
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:53 PM   #39

Never heard Kimi talk so much in an interview, going to miss him in formula 1.

"I'm not here to please people" -Kimi
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2021, 09:29 AM   #40
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,157 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
My friend just surprised me with an authentic 33 curved brim blue hat. So excited for this weekend!
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #41

The finale trailer, feels like watching a movie!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by TypeRNammer; 12-10-2021 at 07:08 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #42

My TikTok gas recently entered the Formula 1 algorithm, so much gold content

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM87Eubbd/

Captain America as Max Verstappen

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM873dx8m/

Valtteri Bottas parody

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM87EQPE1/

Lance Stroll is Formula 1's version of Rick Roll's

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM87EbtUA/

Brazil Race featuring Simpsons

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM87EHkUq/

Mexican GP, comedy central on the radio with Vettel and Perez
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by TypeRNammer; 12-10-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2021, 06:47 AM   #43

Waiting for the qualifying highlights to come out on YouTube

It's going to be a crazy race on Sunday.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #44
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Should be good

Was a pretty entertaining qualifying too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 04:53 PM   #45
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,512 Times in 1,157 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
I'm pumped. I'm gonna be sure to watch live.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:46 AM   #46

I missed the first half hr or so, joined with perez holding up Ham and Ver catching up

Looks like I missed a lot!

Especially Ham getting away with cutting an entire turn!
Old 12-12-2021, 05:01 AM   #47
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,260 Times in 8,424 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Watching for the first time in years, this is pretty exciting! Safety car!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 05:33 AM   #48

OK this is fucked up
Old 12-12-2021, 05:35 AM   #49

FIA as corrupt as ever. Fucking bullshit man.
Old 12-12-2021, 05:38 AM   #50

Woooooooooooooo that was fucking awesome!

Thought it was going to end with the fia screwing things up by not penalising Ham for getting an unfair advantage!

I wasn't even going to watch the end I went to do some tasks

Merc fans are going to be fuming!

Like Brundle was saying they don't have to let lapped cars lap around