REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-22-2023, 12:49 PM   #1501
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,843 Times in 5,904 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I'll probably watch Bruce's future team more than this current cesspool of a local team.

Because, by the time Bruce has a new home, this team still won't be any better. I feel bad for the young fans. THIS is what they have to look up too?
Bruce is 70, he’s not gonna be back.
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2023, 12:57 PM   #1502
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,303 Times in 2,064 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ BB is 68....Jim Rutherford is 73. Joe Biden is 80.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 01:21 PM   #1503

Oh man, Tocchet is some weird dawg. So I'm assuming JR and Allvin did their homework!

Old 01-22-2023, 02:29 PM   #1504
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,202 Times in 8,393 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
So when I said players don't tank, I meant that. But that doesn't mean owners don't try to tank. Clearly that's what they're doing here. Players will still try their hardest (well most will) and coaches will try to win (which is why tanking owners will hire incompetent coaches).

Maybe in a couple years there might be like 3 players still on the team.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:27 PM   #1505
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So when I said players don't tank, I meant that. But that doesn't mean owners don't try to tank. Clearly that's what they're doing here. Players will still try their hardest (well most will) and coaches will try to win (which is why tanking owners will hire incompetent coaches).

Maybe in a couple years there might be like 3 players still on the team.
Maybe OEL will be one of them

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:37 PM   #1506
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Is there some beef between OEL and Tocchet or something ?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 07:05 PM   #1507
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Is there some beef between OEL and Tocchet or something ?
Let's hope so...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:45 PM   #1508
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,726 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
As opposed to fuck you Bruce for your shitty job?? Allvin simply said it the standard way.
Do you not understand what they did to Bruce over the last few months or....? Your own comment actually shines some light as to what I (and thousands of others) witnessed. There's literally thousands of angry, disenfranchised fans commenting on FB, IG and Twitter. Coaches being fired isn't anything new but the way they handled this was a complete failure.

Publicly ridiculed by management starting months ago, leaked news that he is being replaced weeks ago, press conference by JR confirming he's talked to multiple candidates for the job while saying "Bruce is our coach right now". They left him to toil PUBLICLY as a dead man walking for weeks on end knowing his fate was sealed. Instead of doing the decent thing and having one of the assistant coaches take over temporarily, they let this fester. Day after day, game after game, presser after presser. Subjecting a well respected coach to this torture instead of just firing him as soon as news leaked of their intentions. The man was fighting off tears in MULTIPLE interviews as well as during those last two games for ALL to see on TV. But yeah, a standard thank you is all they needed to say here.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:01 PM   #1509

It’s all a little over dramatic allbeit it was drawn out

He picked up the option he had to continue coaching, couldn’t turn the team around, and subsequently was replaced as is almost always the case with new management.

Wasn’t pretty and was obviously handled very poorly but it was inevitable
Old 01-22-2023, 10:11 PM   #1510
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,214 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Imagine you were well respected at work, and all of your co-workers knew you’d be fired in the near future, but you continued with your work doing your best. How would you like that?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:01 PM   #1511
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Do you not understand what they did to Bruce over the last few months or....? Your own comment actually shines some light as to what I (and thousands of others) witnessed. There's literally thousands of angry, disenfranchised fans commenting on FB, IG and Twitter. Coaches being fired isn't anything new but the way they handled this was a complete failure.

Publicly ridiculed by management starting months ago, leaked news that he is being replaced weeks ago, press conference by JR confirming he's talked to multiple candidates for the job while saying "Bruce is our coach right now". They left him to toil PUBLICLY as a dead man walking for weeks on end knowing his fate was sealed. Instead of doing the decent thing and having one of the assistant coaches take over temporarily, they let this fester. Day after day, game after game, presser after presser. Subjecting a well respected coach to this torture instead of just firing him as soon as news leaked of their intentions. The man was fighting off tears in MULTIPLE interviews as well as during those last two games for ALL to see on TV. But yeah, a standard thank you is all they needed to say here.
I know what went down, and I never said it was right. Your original comment was Allvin was a POS for his final comment, I simply replied, what else was he supposed to say? Like I said before, if BB was on his 1st year of a new contract ie 3yr, 4yr, etc would everyone still be on BB side the way everyone is right now? Don't kid yourself, this fan base has always been so side blind/tunnel vision. We've seen how fans turn on a a player/ coach in an instant and this scenario isn't any different. Die a hero or live long enough to be a villain. BB is the former and if he stayed any longer, I can guarantee it would've been the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Imagine you were well respected at work, and all of your co-workers knew you’d be fired in the near future, but you continued with your work doing your best. How would you like that?
Well shit, if my work performance wasn't up to par then I deserved to be fired. You're going to say BB was doing his best?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 06:02 AM   #1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Losing what, 9 of 11 is doing your best work?

Losing the first 7 games of a season?
Old 01-23-2023, 06:41 AM   #1513
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,916 Times in 7,399 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Coaches don't dictate wins and losses. That's why they call it a hockey team. The team is bad, the coaching wasn't working, and the management is bad for the team they put together. The coach is always the sacrificial lamb though. That's why you get a few million and don't have to get put into the boards. They know the deal.
That said, the lack of loyalty and high school style shit talk from upper management could resonate through the organization for a while.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2023, 07:21 AM   #1514
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Is Tocchet going to get trolled with 'Bruce there it is' chants at Rogers arena? I can totally see this happening towards the end of the game if the Canucks are getting blown out.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2023, 07:48 AM   #1515

Yah, there may be extra reasons for giving BB all the love, namely as a reaction to the hate towards this mgmt team. BB was doing the best that he could given the poor D players that he was working with. It is clear that this team can score but ...

As for 'Bruce there it is chants', we shall see on Tues ... with Blackhawks in town for Lunar NY theme night. Anyone going?
Old 01-23-2023, 09:44 AM   #1516

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,761 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Yah, there may be extra reasons for giving BB all the love, namely as a reaction to the hate towards this mgmt team. BB was doing the best that he could given the poor D players that he was working with. It is clear that this team can score but ...

As for 'Bruce there it is chants', we shall see on Tues ... with Blackhawks in town for Lunar NY theme night. Anyone going?
I'll support the team by watching the games on TV. -not buying tickets from the Canucks because A) my money is being used for red pockets to kids for Chinese New Year and B) it's my way of protesting against the dysfunctional management of this team and a meddling owner who does not know shit about NHL hockey.

Talk about being insincere to a respected coach. Rutherford has been bad mouthing Boudreau for months, and now offers an "apology" to Bruce.

This idiot along with Allvin could not even manage a 7-Eleven properly.

Greedy ass organization which keeps making those ugly Chinese New Year jerseys to sell at exorbitant prices. There are actually fans who would buy that ugly merch?
Old 01-23-2023, 09:52 AM   #1517

That shit gonna sell out no problem lol

Fuck gonna he interesting to see what happens when they continue to lose.. I could honestly see fans in the building continuing to use the Bruce there it is chant just to spite Tochet and management, that shit is going to be embarrassinggggggg lol fuck hopefully it happens
Old 01-23-2023, 09:57 AM   #1518

^ players won't be able to wait to get the F out of here. So it goes back to why would owners go and recycle JR as Prez. Buck stops there and the present dysfunctional culture of the whole organization is on him.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:04 AM   #1519

The dysfunction with the Canucks starts with the owner.

It was Aquilini who hired Boudreau.

Then Aquilini hired Rutherford. Then Rutherford hired Allvin.

Although JR said that he and Boudreau have known each other for many years, Rutherford did not make the hiring decision to have Bruce as the coach.

If things went south for this team this season, and boy has it been bad, Rutherford can always pin the blame on Boudreau for the team's failure. Bruce was not his coach. JR criticized the team's lack of defensive structure during Q and A's with reporters. A not so subtle dig at Bruce.

All this shit happening with the humiliating firing of Bruce and the terrible management of this team smells like rotten blueberries at Aquaman's farms.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-23-2023 at 10:09 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2023, 11:59 AM   #1520

The Official 2022/2023 Canucks & NHL Thread

Interesting…

Tocchet puts JT back at centre.
Good luck with that.

Studnicka is on the first line with Bo and Brock.

Petey with the two Russians makes sense. They would generate scoring opportunities.

No Ethan Bear.

Monday #Canucks practice lines

Studnicka-Horvat-Boeser
Dries-Miller-Garland
Mikheyev-Pettersson-Kuzmenko
Joshua-Lazar-Lockwood
Pederson

OEL-Schenn
Hughes-Myers
Dermott-Burroughs
Stillman

@Sportsnet650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2023, 01:18 PM   #1521
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 23 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
That shit gonna sell out no problem lol

Fuck gonna he interesting to see what happens when they continue to lose.. I could honestly see fans in the building continuing to use the Bruce there it is chant just to spite Tochet and management, that shit is going to be embarrassinggggggg lol fuck hopefully it happens

Can season ticket holder ask for a refund for remaining games? Lol
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:14 PM   #1522
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,989 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:28 PM   #1523
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,587 Times in 4,944 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Single handedly destroyed what little respect the organization had in the eyes of the other teams, the players, and the fans across the league.

I've always said, if we could fire the owner, we should.

In other news, congrats to Brooke Henderson. Number one ranked at 25 years old.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/canada...ings-1.6242092

Bo Horvat should wear a jersey with a question mark to the All Star Game, gulolol.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2023, 02:41 PM   #1524
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 8 Posts
Aqua is running the team exactly how a typical old school italian owner/developer in the city runs their companies. I went through 5 senior vp's (not exaggerating this #) in my first yr working for one and ended up just reporting directly to the billionaire owner that fired them all who was as old school italian as it gets. Some of those VP's were assholes but some were good people that were just not given a chance because they wouldn't carry out some bat shit order from the boss. No recruiters would send any more candidates over and everyone had to perform multiple roles that they were not qualified to do. He would often remind me that a billion people born a day, he can surely hire someone to replace me if I didn't do what he asked. Imagining how he would run the team is exactly how I think its currently ran if aqua's dad has input into what goes on with team operations
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2023, 02:53 PM   #1525

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Aqua is running the team exactly how a typical old school italian owner/developer in the city runs their companies. I went through 5 senior vp's (not exaggerating this #) in my first yr working for one and ended up just reporting directly to the billionaire owner that fired them all who was as old school italian as it gets. Some of those VP's were assholes but some were good people that were just not given a chance because they wouldn't carry out some bat shit order from the boss. No recruiters would send any more candidates over and everyone had to perform multiple roles that they were not qualified to do. He would often remind me that a billion people born a day, he can surely hire someone to replace me if I didn't do what he asked. Imagining how he would run the team is exactly how I think its currently ran if aqua's dad has input into what goes on with team operations
Hmmm. It makes some sense now about why the Canucks are in their current state. Godfather Aquaman has always been pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I can imagine some of the bat shit crazy hiring decisions that Aquaman and his Dad had input and influence in the decisions.

Hiring Tortorella for example. The team hired Torts because of one Stanley Cup on his resume and his Italian heritage?

Aquaman wanted to hire one of his Italian brothers as coach?