REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-03-2022, 09:28 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,993 Times in 3,601 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
2023 Corvette Z06

Holy crap!!!!!!!

5.5L of NA v8 goodness. flat plane crank, 8600RPM redline. sounds INSANE
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 10:15 AM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts

would be floored to do a factory delivery

replacement tires are gonna be like 5k+ and might not even be fun on a tight track like vimc
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 10:37 AM   #3
in the butt

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,281 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Anyone else think they butchered the c8 by making it look like a Camaro from the rear

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 10:59 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,837 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
2023 Corvette Z06

the whole car is ugly AF. part ferrari, part Michael Bay

but it's performance is undeniable.

my neighbour just picked up a 2019 C7 Z06 w every option you can think of.

It's spectacular. A real muscle car - not a euro supercar rip off. Does it perform as well? I'm sure it's not even close, but for him anyways - that wasn't the point.

Last edited by The Producer; 10-03-2022 at 03:07 PM.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 11:29 AM   #5
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/...=ng:webp/ngcb2

A 90k USD markup, yakes
nessus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:38 AM   #6

agreed the old c7 looks better. This c8 isnt the best looker but my god the engine sounds UTTERLY EXOTIC. more ferrari than ferrari nowadays.
Old 10-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,870 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 191 Times in 118 Posts
No care unless I can buy at MSRP
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #8
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,522 Times in 2,629 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Serious (but still hypothetic) question -- if you have the means to do so, and the car can be purchased at MSRP, would you do it with your own money? (You're not allowed to flip it for profit or anything.)

As sexy as that engine noise sounds, I have a hard time trusting GM enough on a high performance vehicle like this. I dunno very many people from the Corvette Club, but among the amateur motorsports circle that I interact with, I personally know at least 3 -- if not more -- Corvette owners who have had catastrophic engine failures when they track their Corvettes, not to mention minor little issues. Some were covered under warranty and some were not, but the odds don't really seem all that appealing to me.

Yes, I know people who have blown Miata, Honda, and BRZ engines too, and of course I also know Corvette owners who have happily beat on their Vettes without issues. But the frequency of failure just seems a bit higher than I would be comfortable with...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Serious (but still hypothetic) question -- if you have the means to do so, and the car can be purchased at MSRP, would you do it with your own money? (You're not allowed to flip it for profit or anything.)
Any car in this price range has performance that vastly exceeds my current and potential talent level on a track so if I could only spend this kind of money for one car I'd get the one that also makes me feel like a million bucks on local roads as well and the Corvette is just too damn ugly both inside and out. I think I'd almost be embarrassed to be seen with it in some cases (The C7 is much more attractive). The reliability aspect on track probably doesn't ever affect me though - I have no ability to push a car like that till it blows.

FWIW, last week I put a deposit down for a Boxster GTS 4.0 so I've made my call on how to spend close to this kind of money (now I have to actually find the money if I get an allocation).

Last edited by supafamous; 10-04-2022 at 12:02 PM.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 06:38 PM   #10

Thanked 3,825 Times in 994 Posts
Failed 368 Times in 113 Posts
I put a $500 deposit down on a Veyron
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 06:49 PM   #11
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 23 Times in 12 Posts
I can see the customer buy one of these. Go for a spirit drive on S2S hwy. Get pulled over by police, because some Karen didn't enjoy a v8 singing a song. Or worst get your car impounded for going 40km/h over which is super easy when you mash the skinny pedal.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:59 PM   #12

This is the actual corvette I would consider buying. I actually specced one on the site a few weeks ago and it was only $85000. Remember when the gtr was supposed to be the everyday man's Ferrari beater and now they are $200k?

Also this doesn't make me feel like a boomer in shorts and new balance when I look at it. I actually like the design and interior doesn't look like plastic crap inside. Used c63s sells for this money. Sounds like a hell of a deal for a v8 drop top mid engine car. Aren't golf r and type r close to $60k now a days. And I will trust this over a turbo BMW anyday.

Aren't ls motors supposedly cheap American work horses? Not sure about the c8 motors. But since it's na there's less shit to break.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:06 PM   #13

if i actually gave 2 shits about performance and trackability id for sure buy one. but im not one of those guys who tracks cars, and thats why i have no intention of getting anything remotely hardcore. at 100k this thing is a downright bargain for people who track.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:55 PM   #14

First of all, congrats on putting the deposit down for that BGTS 4.0! You already know you'll enjoy the car. Hopefully it'll come soon enough within 12 - 24 months. In the mean time, keep staring at that options list and agonize over what you'd want to add to your build LOL~

I'd also say that you shouldn't count yourself short on how much potential you have with your driving! For the most part, I think most car enthusiasts have the capacity to drive a sports car at a brisk enough pace on track to thoroughly enjoy themselves. Usually, most novice drivers I coach at Mission can do exactly just that over the course of 1 - 3 track days (that isn't spread over too long of a break). And then if you keep going at it, they'll be able to comfortably squeeze a good amount of what their cars are capable of.

Hope to see you in the BGTS on track soon enough~! (Maybe or maybe not at Mission, even though I still think it is a fun and easily accessible track.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Any car in this price range has performance that vastly exceeds my current and potential talent level on a track so if I could only spend this kind of money for one car I'd get the one that also makes me feel like a million bucks on local roads as well and the Corvette is just damn ugly both inside and out. I think I'd almost be embarrassed to be seen with it in some cases (The C7 is much more attractive). The reliability aspect on track probably doesn't ever affect me though - I have no ability to push a car like that till it blows.

FWIW, last week I put a deposit down for a Boxster GTS 4.0 so I've made my call on how to spend close to this kind of money (now I have to actually find the money if I get an allocation).
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2022, 09:12 PM   #15
in the butt

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,281 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
I can see the customer buy one of these. Go for a spirit drive on S2S hwy. Get pulled over by police, because some Karen didn't enjoy a v8 singing a song. Or worst get your car impounded for going 40km/h over which is super easy when you mash the skinny pedal.
Can confirm, Corvettes in general are a red flag on the road....
I only had mine for 4 months, an 07, got pulled over 3 times, that was a record for me.....

As someone else said on this forum years ago, having a car with that kind of power is almost "not fun" to drive in the city.
Spoiler!

Your in first gear, and your already at 60kmh by feathering the gas

Anyone that has a chance to own a supercar, do it. Do it. Do. It.
Make sure to post pics for all the plebs on this forum

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:25 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,292 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 31 Posts
Watched both videos, sounds utterly amazing.

I don't like the looks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
This is the actual corvette I would consider buying. I actually specced one on the site a few weeks ago and it was only $85000. Remember when the gtr was supposed to be the everyday man's Ferrari beater and now they are $200k?

Also this doesn't make me feel like a boomer in shorts and new balance when I look at it. I actually like the design and interior doesn't look like plastic crap inside. Used c63s sells for this money. Sounds like a hell of a deal for a v8 drop top mid engine car. Aren't golf r and type r close to $60k now a days. And I will trust this over a turbo BMW anyday.

Aren't ls motors supposedly cheap American work horses? Not sure about the c8 motors. But since it's na there's less shit to break.
You aren't speccing a Z06 then.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:11 PM   #17

Thanked 2,225 Times in 609 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
No question, that sound...

Badhobz took the words out of my mouth. After wathcing the vids, before looking at the comments, I told my wife the same words "damn, this sounds more Ferrari than the current Ferraris"

Unfortunately I also fall under that if I have the money, I would not buy category. To sound like a broken record, the looks just doenst do it at all for me. I agree 100% the C7 looked way way way better.

I am getting old though, I am 100% in the GT3 Touring camp, I dont want the big wing and outlandish crazy aero. I still want the "crazy aero" but very subtly that only the people in the know will know. Otherwise I just want to blend the GT3 in the sea of 911...

Haha I make it sound like I have 550K to drop on a GT3 (not the RS, just the GT3), Porsche vancouver has another "used" 992 GT3 asking 399K + taxes and fees

Now.... talk me out of trying to find a manual 360 Modena, are those still the sweet spot in term of reliability, maintenance, insurance and sound? (one again, I am dreaming of actually being able to afford one)

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2022, 07:18 AM   #18

a lot of people, like my wife, wouldn't spend 100k+ on a brand that doesn't have the clout to carry that 100k price tag.

people dont care if it performs like a dream, sounds like god singing, or rev's to 8600rpm. its a chevy... a 100k chevy. at 100k it better be at least german, or near exotic.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:30 AM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
that’s what makes it even more appealing

surprised reviewers find the zr1 1le more hardcore
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:35 AM   #20

i think its only for us crazy motherfuckers.
its like if you buy a nautica shirt for 1000 dollars. or if you were buy a kirkland jacket for 1000 bucks that doesnt have a dead dinosaur logo on the breast.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:07 AM   #21

I actually love the front end of the C8. But I can't get over how big, ugly, and seemingly unnecessary its butt is. And most important of all, it doesn't seem to offer the same degree of track use reliability that I need / expect out of a car that I would use, and that is the deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I'd love to have one in my garage. Whether GM has the "clout" to sell a $100k car is irrelevant to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
a lot of people, like my wife, wouldn't spend 100k+ on a brand that doesn't have the clout to carry that 100k price tag.

people dont care if it performs like a dream, sounds like god singing, or rev's to 8600rpm. its a chevy... a 100k chevy. at 100k it better be at least german, or near exotic.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #22
I STILL don't get it

Failed 8 Times in 7 Posts
I agree, the front looks good, but the last third of the car looks just wrong... and obviously they had to do that so it could still hold golf clubs.

Corvette is known enough in NA to carry a six digit price tag. It's a multi-Le Mans (GT) winner, and has a history that goes back generations.

Still... buying it in that red makes it seem like you really wanted a Ferrari but had to settle for something domestic.
Dbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:29 AM   #23

Thanked 3,825 Times in 994 Posts
Failed 368 Times in 113 Posts
You get Ferarri performance with none of the maintence price tag, let's be real.

You can actually not feel guilty flogging this thing.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #24

^^ more than you can afford pal Ferrari.

If you have Ferrari money you're not gonna buy a Corvette. This is for poor working men.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #25
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Spending 100k on a Porsche that’s barely a Porsche, or you spend 100k for a vette that outperforms exotics quadruple the price lol

Really depends on what you’re looking for. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a C8 Z06 If they could be had at retail. It’s no different than a viper etc. you know what you’re getting. This will pretty clearly be some of the top quality GM has ever put into a car with the bespoke engine, finishings, etc. you’ll always have the detractors of a domestic super car but it’s hard to argue with the performance

Personally I think the C8 looks great