REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-24-2023, 05:56 PM   #251
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Wired is left leaning now? Come on, I've never heard anyone say that

https://www.allsides.com/news-source...%20of%20Center.

It's rated as center.

You're too much bud.
Eh allsides says they have a low confidence level on that rating

Wired is owned by Condé Nast and they're lefties there was a report several years ago discussing how condé nast went left leaning politics across all their publications even though their magazines are mostly travel/luxury themed

They might not be as bad as Vox media tho
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 06:30 PM   #252
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Eh allsides says they have a low confidence level on that rating

Wired is owned by Condé Nast and they're lefties there was a report several years ago discussing how condé nast went left leaning politics across all their publications even though their magazines are mostly travel/luxury themed

They might not be as bad as Vox media tho
They own bon appetit. It was busted for being racist. people were fired and many quit.

https://www.insider.com/bon-apptit-t...ns-diversity-1
Old 04-25-2023, 12:36 PM   #253
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
https://techcrunch.com/2023/04/25/el...urner-account/

Elon apparently had a burner account.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2023, 02:54 PM   #254
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,196 Times in 8,390 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
He gone

Elon Musk says he's stepping down as Twitter CEO, will oversee product
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 05:34 PM   #255
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,764 Times in 826 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
he'll never be gone.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:58 AM   #256
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,973 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Smart move optics wise, but jesus, this guy.

All the money and power in the world can't teach common sense.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2023, 12:23 PM   #257
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Is this the new CEO?

Old 05-12-2023, 12:26 PM   #258

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

Smart move optics wise, but jesus, this guy.

All the money and power in the world can't teach common sense.
For a lot of these people, lack of common sense is what made their wealth. Common sense would tell most people to not take risks. They are also not common people imo with the amount of wealth at their disposal.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2023, 01:18 PM   #259

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,272 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Is this the new CEO?

Woman of the year
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2023, 03:53 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
For a lot of these people, lack of common sense is what made their wealth. Common sense would tell most people to not take risks. They are also not common people imo with the amount of wealth at their disposal.
He got his wealth by having a dad who became a billionaire exploiting Zambians in emerald mines.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2023, 09:40 PM   #261
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 386 Posts
Failed 26 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
He got his wealth by having a dad who became a billionaire exploiting Zambians in emerald mines.
So he just got an inheritance from his dad?
Old 05-12-2023, 10:01 PM   #262
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
His dad's networth is reported to be around $2 million dollars... Only some Brazilian website says he has over 200 billion
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:26 PM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
So he just got an inheritance from his dad?
He denies that his dad invested any money in his early ventures. Seems like the type of guy to not lie about something to make himself sound better.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:45 PM   #264

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
He denies that his dad invested any money in his early ventures. Seems like the type of guy to not lie about something to make himself sound better.
Not sure where you are getting your information, but I dug deep into any Elon related negative story when I was doing my DDs to decide whether to invest more money into TSLA.

All the information I could find about this specific topic showed me Elon's dad didn't do well.

The whole source of this "emerald mine" story was from ONE interview that they did with Musk Sr. and that's the ONLY time this information ever surfaced. And the value went from a little bit of money to billions of dollars worth. Which really... it's BS... even the largest emerald mine in the world (Kagem) isn't worth that much. Kagem is estimated to be worth (since the start of its operation) a few hundred millions in total given its reserve level. And this is the LARGEST there is in the world. His dad claimed he had 2% of a mine. Even if it was Kagem, it'd only be a few million dollars.

If his dad really did own an emerald mine to the extent that he's a billionaire or at least super wealthy, I'd have found some additional information, given his son was one of the biggest name in tech. But nop... nothing other than that specific interview, there is nothing that can point the emerald mine is true or to a lesser extent, provided their family with any significant wealth, at least I couldn't find any "luxury" lifestyle that the Musks had enjoyed before Elon became multimillionaire/billionaire.

And by looking at Elon's side of the story, it showed a lot more traces of facts that his family wasn't rich. This can be traced back to his college years from accounts of his classmates/roommates. He drove beaters, fix it on his own. Crashed on couches at friends and whatever. Not exactly what I consider the life of the son of a billionaire/multimillionaire.

So, if you've got any solid lead that can prove my research was not extensive enough, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Last edited by Hehe; 05-12-2023 at 10:55 PM.
Hehe is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-12-2023, 11:36 PM   #265

I ain't reading all that.

I'm happy for u tho.

Or sorry that happened
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2023, 12:39 AM   #266

Ok.

Tl;dr

There’s absolutely no verifiable proof that Elon’s dad owned an emerald mine or possesses any significant wealth prior to his son becoming super rich.

So, either your claim That Elon dad was a billionaire with an emerald mine was pure BS or I’d like to see some proof of it.

It would be surprising that he’s able to own any significant wealth in emerald mine without any public trace considering mines are either owned or invested by publicly traded companies.
Old 05-13-2023, 01:04 AM   #267
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Ok.

Tl;dr

There’s absolutely no verifiable proof that Elon’s dad owned an emerald mine or possesses any significant wealth prior to his son becoming super rich.

So, either your claim That Elon dad was a billionaire with an emerald mine was pure BS or I’d like to see some proof of it.

It would be surprising that he’s able to own any significant wealth in emerald mine without any public trace considering mines are either owned or invested by publicly traded companies.
Are you calling his dad a liar? https://www.the-sun.com/news/7911051...rald-business/
Old 05-13-2023, 02:01 AM   #268

Quote:
Ok.

Tl;dr

Thing is, I don't care.

It's fun to dunk on him, because he's a prick who makes himself a target.

And it doesn't matter if I'm right that he came from a rich family, or his story is right and he's this savant genius billionaire, because he doesn't matter. He's not the president or anything like that, so whatever.

He's a clown, let's all laugh at the clown. Bonus laughs when people get mad about it and defend the prick.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2023, 06:10 AM   #269
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:24 AM   #270

Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,973 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Not sure where you are getting your information, but I dug deep into any Elon related negative story when I was doing my DDs to decide whether to invest more money into TSLA.

All the information I could find about this specific topic showed me Elon's dad didn't do well.

The whole source of this "emerald mine" story was from ONE interview that they did with Musk Sr. and that's the ONLY time this information ever surfaced. And the value went from a little bit of money to billions of dollars worth. Which really... it's BS... even the largest emerald mine in the world (Kagem) isn't worth that much. Kagem is estimated to be worth (since the start of its operation) a few hundred millions in total given its reserve level. And this is the LARGEST there is in the world. His dad claimed he had 2% of a mine. Even if it was Kagem, it'd only be a few million dollars.

If his dad really did own an emerald mine to the extent that he's a billionaire or at least super wealthy, I'd have found some additional information, given his son was one of the biggest name in tech. But nop... nothing other than that specific interview, there is nothing that can point the emerald mine is true or to a lesser extent, provided their family with any significant wealth, at least I couldn't find any "luxury" lifestyle that the Musks had enjoyed before Elon became multimillionaire/billionaire.

And by looking at Elon's side of the story, it showed a lot more traces of facts that his family wasn't rich. This can be traced back to his college years from accounts of his classmates/roommates. He drove beaters, fix it on his own. Crashed on couches at friends and whatever. Not exactly what I consider the life of the son of a billionaire/multimillionaire.

So, if you've got any solid lead that can prove my research was not extensive enough, I'd love to be proved wrong.
8===D
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2023, 11:17 AM   #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
He can say whatever the shit he wants. But it doesn't make any true. Last time I checked, his dad wasn't exactly a saint who never lies.

And as I posted before, I'd love to be proven wrong that his dad was in fact rich. But from all the information I could gather, it's nothing more than some BS claim in order to benefit himself but there is never any substantial evidence or proof of his actual ownership.

Let's put it this way, you can claim that you are the son of Mukeshi Ambani and the heir of his entire forture... does that make you a liar? Not really... but until you can prove that you are actually his son, it's not true.

Quote:
Thing is, I don't care.

It's fun to dunk on him, because he's a prick who makes himself a target.

And it doesn't matter if I'm right that he came from a rich family, or his story is right and he's this savant genius billionaire, because he doesn't matter. He's not the president or anything like that, so whatever.

He's a clown, let's all laugh at the clown. Bonus laughs when people get mad about it and defend the prick.
Ahahaha. Is it so hard to just say "I stand corrected"?

You want to portray Elon Musk as some lucky rich heir and make a lesser person of him.

So, instead of just saying ok, I got my information wrong and the best argument was "who the fuck cares, I just want to mess with him"?
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-13-2023, 01:52 PM   #272
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Is this the new CEO?

Can a mod change hondaracer profile pic to this please

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 02:50 PM   #273

Quote:
I honestly have no clue, I thought he made his money through Paypal, and grew it from there with opportune investments.

Either ways, weirder than me, way more money than me. And as unlikable as he is, probably smarter than me too.
Old 05-13-2023, 02:58 PM   #274
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Depends on your measure of intelligence. As rich as he is, he still manages to be miserable, so he can't be that smart.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2023, 03:48 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Depends on your measure of intelligence. As rich as he is, he still manages to be miserable, so he can't be that smart.
If you really need to break it down then I guess IQ