REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2024, 05:39 PM   #401
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,190 Times in 8,386 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
I have a twitter account I use just for hosting images. I follow no one and am followed by no one, so I only get the default feed. A lot of it is Elon Musk tweets, but also tweets he wants to promote...

This is the kind of shit you get by default. I removed the Elon tweets and advertising:

Including QAnon shit

Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2024, 05:48 PM   #402

Court orders Twitter to reveal investors, links to Putin's allies found

Quote:
Specifically, this is about the 8VC Opportunities Fund II. On the fund's website, Denis Aven and Jack Moszkowicz are listed in the staff section. They are the sons of oligarchs Petr Aven and Vadim Moszkowicz. Petr Aven, a Russian billionaire and founder of Alfa Group, is described as "one of Putin's main portfolios." He is subject to sanctions imposed on Russia due to the war in Ukraine.

Vadim Moszkowicz made his fortune in the agricultural industry and is part of Putin's inner circle, which is why he has also been subjected to Western sanctions.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2024, 06:31 PM   #403
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I though Elon said he bought it all by himself so that's why it's so free and honest and TRUTHful hahaha fuck that twat
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2024, 07:34 PM   #404
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Hahaha.... classic lefties move. If you are against me, I will try to ruin your life/credibility. Or generate enough FUD. And Seriously... Essanews.com?!? Must be super credible because hey... it's a .com

Old 08-26-2024, 07:48 PM   #405
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts

Has almost 4 mill subs. He also claims twitter does not make business sense anymore.

Twitter is going to be the new myspace.

Last edited by Manic!; 08-26-2024 at 07:55 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 08:19 PM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Hahaha.... classic lefties move. If you are against me, I will try to ruin your life/credibility. Or generate enough FUD. And Seriously... Essanews.com?!? Must be super credible because hey... it's a .com

Their dad's money not in it, and even if somehow so... they own less than 1% of Twitter
This isn't "lefties" going after Elon, it's because he is being sued by former Twitter employees, and some court documents became unsealed. Other names are listed among the investors, of various levels of interest to the public.

How relevant it is that Twitter has direct ties to Russia is up to you to decide. Being a "leftie" has nothing to do with it - anyone should be wary of the possibility.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2024, 09:46 PM   #407
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Joe Lonsdale said it isn’t true that his company has Russian financing funneled into it guys, why don’t you believe him at face value?

Your sources aren’t credible and mine is because it’s his company why would he lie?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2024, 06:23 AM   #408
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,638 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
I've been trying out Threads a bit more the past week and...it's pretty good? A lot of the people I follow on Twitter have moved over and Twitter's feed is just a hot mess now; I find the only time Twitter is useful now is when something goes viral like the Australian breakdancer or Hawk Tuah girl. The rest of the time it's just junk now - I can't trust anything that's shown as news anymore and so many of the folks I used to follow have left.

I don't like how Threads pushes so many people I don't follow into my feed but at least the content isn't fake and a lot of it is kinda useful.
Old 08-27-2024, 06:59 AM   #409
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

Has almost 4 mill subs. He also claims twitter does not make business sense anymore.

Twitter is going to be the new myspace.
i've followed mutahar for a while now. he puts out quite a bit of content so i cant imagine why he would really need twitter at all.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 09:52 AM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i've followed mutahar for a while now. he puts out quite a bit of content so i cant imagine why he would really need twitter at all.
And that's a huge problem for twitter. He has a discord and a subreddit so twitter is pointless for him. No one want's to be on a site full of racists and other losers.

Kids are not begging there parents to get twitter accounts. Kids want to be on Instagram and snap chat.

It's going to end up dead just like other social media sites of the past.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:58 AM   #411
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,100 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
for some people tweets and retweets literally are their content because they can't/don't make videos. their content is just quipping about things to try to start up arguments. for those people twitter is all they have and maybe instagram. video creators don't really need this if they are putting out a vid every day or every few days. i don't think twitter will die because it's not like these people who primarily use it can turn to youtube that easily. it's not really the same type of platform. even instagram is not really the same thing.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 10:31 AM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
for some people tweets and retweets literally are their content because they can't/don't make videos. their content is just quipping about things to try to start up arguments. for those people twitter is all they have and maybe instagram. video creators don't really need this if they are putting out a vid every day or every few days. i don't think twitter will die because it's not like these people who primarily use it can turn to youtube that easily. it's not really the same type of platform. even instagram is not really the same thing.
I don't think there is a enough of those types of people to make it worth 44 billion. Joe Rogan is on twitter but is his wife or kids? twitter over the years is going to become less and less important.
Old 08-30-2024, 08:52 PM   #413

Twitter banned in Brazil. Brazil is one of the top 5 countries that use it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/30/w...x-blocked.html

Quote:
The social network will go dark in the nation of 200 million, the result of an escalating fight between Elon Musk and a Brazilian judge over what can be said online.
Old 09-03-2024, 04:45 PM   #414

Musk tried to act tough but folded.

https://archive.is/OxFKf#selection-825.0-845.1

Quote:
Starlink, the satellite-internet service controlled by Elon Musk, reversed course on Tuesday and said it would comply with Brazilian government orders to block Mr. Musk’s social network X in the country.
The move was the first sign of any backing down by Mr. Musk in Brazil since he began battling with the authorities there last month. X has been blacked out across the nation of 200 million since Saturday because of a dispute between Mr. Musk and Brazil’s Supreme Court over what can be said online.