REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-18-2023, 12:40 AM   #201
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You mean the one that got "destroyed" by him? As per the videos in my Youtube algorithms
Haven't been on YouTube much but I imagine it's the same as what I've seen on tiktok
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 01:02 AM   #202
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
lol he's gonna still come out on top at the end.
The guy spent 40 billion on a company he claims is now worth 20 billion just to own the libs.

Twitter is going to end up like myspace.

Problem with some ultra wealthy people is if they make money in one area they think they can make money doing anything because they are so smart.

Look at richard branson and his space company and his hyperloop company. Both are in big financial trouble.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:47 AM   #203
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Did anyone see snippets of the BBC interview with Musk? Wow did they task an intern with doing that interview? He was soo cringingly inept
if they had their star journalist get destroyed it's a bad look, better to ask an intern so their star won't get embarassed.

like jordan peterson vids where professors with opposing views get their students to speak up and get can crushed so they themselves don't get embarrassed

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 02:21 AM   #204

Microsoft just dropped twitter from its b2b marketing platform. Elon is now threatening Microsoft for using twitter data to train ai.

Twitter is fucked. They have lost 1/2 of there advertisers since musk took over.

https://mashable.com/article/microso...ising-platform
Old 04-20-2023, 05:27 PM   #205
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
I don't know if you guys use Twitter at all, but ever since Elon Musk took over, it's so much better.

It used to be filled with bot crypto posts everywhere. Now they are pretty much gone. I just went into the app to double-check to see if I could see any... nop... nada.

And lefties are probably not very happy to use Twitter now. But I find the posts from my feed more relevant and actually useful to spend some time reading on there.

Yeah yeah... I'm a fucking rightie and Elon fanboys... whatever, but from a pure UX perspective, Twitter is day/night better now than what it was used to be.
Old 04-20-2023, 05:31 PM   #206
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,196 Times in 8,390 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
I only follow a few wrestlers, video game people, a couple buddies, a local news guy, and that's about it., So Twitter is pretty much exact ly the same as it has always been for me. The actual UX is getting a bit more shitty seemingly every day, but not enough to care.

The biggest difference has been the "lefties" I follow making jokes and complaining about the blue checkmark...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 05:49 PM   #207
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I don't know if you guys use Twitter at all, but ever since Elon Musk took over, it's so much better.

It used to be filled with bot crypto posts everywhere. Now they are pretty much gone. I just went into the app to double-check to see if I could see any... nop... nada.

And lefties are probably not very happy to use Twitter now. But I find the posts from my feed more relevant and actually useful to spend some time reading on there.

Yeah yeah... I'm a fucking rightie and Elon fanboys... whatever, but from a pure UX perspective, Twitter is day/night better now than what it was used to be.
It's worse for me. The "For You" feed that it likes to default to is full of garbage that I don't want to see - I'm there for the people I follow, not for the stuff Twitter thinks I want to see.

The loss of bots isn't a win for me b/c I follow some of those automated public service bots and now those are gone. The performance of the app is worse - slower, less reliable, inconsistent data.

Even the ads are shit now.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2023, 08:53 PM   #208
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,196 Times in 8,390 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
One bad change is that they no longer mark state run media outlets
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:42 PM   #209
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,576 Times in 2,536 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
It's worse for me. The "For You" feed that it likes to default to is full of garbage that I don't want to see - I'm there for the people I follow, not for the stuff Twitter thinks I want to see.

The loss of bots isn't a win for me b/c I follow some of those automated public service bots and now those are gone. The performance of the app is worse - slower, less reliable, inconsistent data.

Even the ads are shit now.
+1 to this, I default to the "following" tab and don't bother with "for you" at all.

The ads I see are 2-bit influencers that I don't give a shit about.

Twitter is a case study of what a vindictive nerd who got bullied in high school would do if he became the world's richest person.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2023, 01:04 AM   #210

He is such a simp he is paying for other people's check marks.

Elon Musk reveals he is ‘personally paying’ the Twitter Blue subscriptions of some celebrities to keep their checkmark, such as Lebron James and Stephen King.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...Et-EeGYljSROjQ
Old 04-21-2023, 06:09 AM   #211
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Everything Elon does is still just based on getting invited to sit with the cool kids in the cafeteria for lunch. He needs to figure out he should just be cooler and he wouldn't have to buy everyone's lunch every day to do it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 10:47 AM   #212
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,191 Times in 1,973 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen Hehe criticize Elon for a single thing he's done.

The man might as well have that Boer blood flowing through his veins, a fanboy through and through
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2023, 03:41 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't think I've ever seen Hehe criticize Elon for a single thing he's done.

The man might as well have that Boer blood flowing through his veins, a fanboy through and through
Nah... as a Tesla shareholder I was pissed that he was taking on yet another CEO job. But I give credit when it's due.

Twitter has been working way better for me than it had ever been. I used to go there to catch up with a few content creators that I follow and that's about it. No more than 3min or however long I take to shit Now I actually spend some time reading on other stuffs since garbage posts are much less visible.

And I think I've said it before. If I was Elon Musk, I'd have done the same. Buying Twitter is like Bezos buying WaPo. It's to shape narrative as one sees fit. And to be perfectly honest, I never think myself as a right-leaning person.
In fact, just a few years earlier, I was a strong Obama supporter and I liked all social subsidy programs they were introducing.

It's just as I age, it has become clear to me that most people are lazy af. When you give them handouts, very few of them actually try to turn their life around. Instead, they simply expect more and more handouts.

I've seen enough of that failure in South American countries like Venezuela or Argentina. And trust me, growing up in those places as a person with yellow skin is not very different than a black person in North America. Discriminations and racism were daily occurrences. I thought eventually, people would try to be better.

The truth is, far too few people try to be better. They just want the status quo.

Many trashes Twitter now because it's different. It got out of their comfort zone. But if you see it objectively, it's better in pretty much any metric.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:45 PM   #214

Quote:
Many trashes Twitter now because it's different. It got out of their comfort zone. But if you see it objectively, it's better in pretty much any metric.
Well, Twitter's only worth $20B now compared to the $44B Elon paid for it so if the key metric is "Is Elon losing money?" then it's going great. (Edit: I'd be surprised if Twitter is worth even $5b now).

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/26/2...ants-valuation

Or if the metric is how much revenue they're bringing in well their ad revenue (their primary source of revenue) is down a mere 89% since he took over.

https://www.thewrap.com/twitter-ad-r...usk-bloomberg/

Or if the metric is the number of active users then it's down a mere 10% in a single year.

https://www.businessofapps.com/data/twitter-statistics/

Whether things are going great for Twitter (and Elon) is of course a matter of objectivity.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2023, 05:54 PM   #215

It may be a quantifiable failure, but as long as it's a place for faux libertarian right wingers to face no consequences, and be lauded for conspiracy theories and Jordan petersonisms, there will be people that praise their nerd god.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2023, 06:59 PM   #216

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/...946786304?s=20

Quote:
Curious how many people actually signed up for Twitter Blue yesterday and today? Well, I've got the numbers and I'll be telling them to @JoyAnnReid on MSNBC in ten minutes.

Here's a hint: They were net +28 between signups and cancellations. Not 2,800. Twenty-eight.
Quote:
Of the 420,000 legacy verified blue checks, about 320 signed up for Twitter Blue and around 290 got rid of Twitter Blue as of about noon today, @travisbrown told me today.
Objectively, Twitter is better in pretty much any metric. Elon will make his money back on Twitter any day now.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2023, 09:25 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It may be a quantifiable failure, but as long as it's a place for faux libertarian right wingers to face no consequences, and be lauded for conspiracy theories and Jordan petersonisms, there will be people that praise their nerd god.
I’m not sure what you are referring. Now they have something called community notes. They make corrections on both right and left wings posts.

If anything, it’s more center weighted as no one gets to post bullshit or fake news any more. It’s just more facts.

If it bothers you that any of the posts that supported your political ideology no longer gets spread so easy as before (be it left or right), then I get why you feel it’s worse. For me, it’s way more neutral and factual than before. Instead of a whole bunch of bs from either left or right. Which I don’t support. I’m a middle person. All I care is facts. I can make judgement myself. I don’t need anyone to add any narrative to the information.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:02 AM   #218

Yeah your "poor people are just lazy" posts are nice and balanced centre views.
I follow twitter to see better previews of only fans models than IG will show. I don't need to affirm political beliefs in my free time.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2023, 06:11 AM   #219

Quote:
If anything, it’s more center weighted as no one gets to post bullshit or fake news any more. It’s just more facts.

If it bothers you that any of the posts that supported your political ideology no longer gets spread so easy as before (be it left or right), then I get why you feel it’s worse. For me, it’s way more neutral and factual than before. Instead of a whole bunch of bs from either left or right. Which I don’t support. I’m a middle person. All I care is facts. I can make judgement myself. I don’t need anyone to add any narrative to the information.
https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/28/2...rithm-accounts

Quote:
Although Elon Musk has previously stated that Twitter should treat “everyone equally,” Platformer has found that the network maintains a list of users whose visibility it has secretly been boosting. The eclectic group includes a mix of high-profile figures like LeBron James and President Joe Biden, internet standbys like YouTuber MrBeast and viral Twitter account Dril, and political commentators like Matthew Yglesias and Ben Shapiro.

Some of the other interesting “VIP” users Platformer mentions include the conservative Twitter account @catturd2, Twitter investor Marc Andreessen, comedian Jaboukie Young-White, the Tesla-focused account @teslaownerssv, menswear writer Derek Guy, and a handful of other journalists.
But sure, go ahead and be a simp for Elon. Simp for Elon like this guy:

https://twitter.com/whitlockjason/st...78-n9I3Px8s8PA

Quote:
Dude, it's $8 a month. A Big Mac and fries. Good lord, I probably use $8 a day in toilet paper.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #220
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,576 Times in 2,536 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Go supafamous go, keep dunking on him lol. I am enjoying this.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2023, 08:55 AM   #221
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,745 Times in 1,103 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
its pretty much proven that right wing articles and posts drive more revenue to the platform since they are more controversial. its the same reason why all the news networks got a huge bump in traffic when trump became president. its beneficial for twitter to play the right narrative and then claim 'both sides'. both sides when it comes to things like 2A or abortion is like both siding a wolf and a sheep. these are not fair to give equal weight to.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #222

"Plenty of good people on both sides" at a white supremacy rally and the counter protestors. Sounds familiar.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #223

Quote:
https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/28/2...rithm-accounts

But sure, go ahead and be a simp for Elon. Simp for Elon like this guy:

https://twitter.com/whitlockjason/st...78-n9I3Px8s8PA
Ahahaha. Since when did theverge became the impartial authority on net neutrality and how Twitter handles their algorithm?

If you are in any way literate in basic programming, I suggest to take a look at Twitter algorithm that they published on GitHub. There are many programmers who took a dive into it. So, you don’t need crazy amount of programming knowledge to understand how the algorithm behaves.

The problem nowadays is that people take what media is saying with authority. When times after time they have shown to be either biased or flat out wrong. They just want to push content that their readers want to see.

Really, education is powerful. Get yourself some basic understanding on many stuff before you start to rely on theverge for analysis.
Old 04-22-2023, 10:11 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yeah your "poor people are just lazy" posts are nice and balanced centre views.
I follow twitter to see better previews of only fans models than IG will show. I don't need to affirm political beliefs in my free time.
I didn’t say that poor people was lazy. I said most people are lazy. Myself included . Get your facts straight. You are reading my posts with a filter on. Your brain will directly add the bias that you are thinking. As the evidence shows.

And when something comes without asking, they don’t appreciate it as a tool to help them to improve their life. They think that such handout is rightfully theirs.

You want to cut those handouts? They go protest and vote for whichever party that keeps it even though the handouts are wrecking havoc in the economy.

Why do we have inflation? It’s because we created so much money out of nothing. More money, more inflation. Not very hard concept to wrap around your head. Take a look at countries without major handouts like Taiwan, Japan… etc. their inflation are hardly much more than before the pandemic. And they suffered Covid just like us.
Old 04-22-2023, 10:25 AM   #225
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Dude, it's $8 a month. A Big Mac and fries. Good lord, I probably use $8 a day in toilet paper.
$8/day in TP? holy shit that's a lot of runs or

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: