REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:53 AM   #2726
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
100% the wrong move not to challenge.

In the replay it would have been recalled the back skate was a total kicking motion
Not that it matters anymore, but I've been reading in a lot of places on social media about the Pred's 3rd goal.

That's not a challengeable play. Because refs will review it automatically.

And it is a good goal. The puck actually goes off the front leg (skate). Forsberg does this kicking motion with the rear leg because he actually delayed the movement of the front leg to deflect the puck in, but perfectly legal move. His rear leg just "caught up" to his front leg, so it looked like this awkward kicking motion. But the puck never made contact with the leg that did the kick anyway.

https://youtu.be/UC8c2g6FbPU?si=7Mh-WpbwXqw7AHKx&t=361
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 04-29-2024 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:21 AM   #2727
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,046 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Not going to be surprised if Preds do a scouting report on Tolopilo now, just in case...

They probably had nothing on Silovs.
They played against Silovs at the end of the season so they definitely had experience
Old 04-29-2024, 06:45 AM   #2728
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,556 Times in 5,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Not that it matters anymore, but I've been reading in a lot of places on social media about the Pred's 3rd goal.

That's not a challengeable play. Because refs will review it automatically.

And it is a good goal. The puck actually goes off the front leg (skate). Forsberg does this kicking motion with the rear leg because he actually delayed the movement of the front leg to deflect the puck in, but perfectly legal move. His rear leg just "caught up" to his front leg, so it looked like this awkward kicking motion. But the puck never made contact with the leg that did the kick anyway.

https://youtu.be/UC8c2g6FbPU?si=7Mh-WpbwXqw7AHKx&t=361
You can challenge any scoring play because if it’s wrong, you get the minor
Old 04-29-2024, 06:54 AM   #2729
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,381 Times in 2,472 Posts
You can only initiate coach's challenge on offsides and goalie interference.

Kicking is at the discretion of the video refs at the NHL, the team can't challenge it if they wanted to.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...sberg-counted/

Quote:
Kicking goals are not covered by a coach's challenge, so any review would have had to come from the NHL's situation room.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2024, 07:21 AM   #2730

Ahh ok my mistake.. seems backwards as there’s no way you could be accurate in a call like that in real time
Old 04-29-2024, 08:28 AM   #2731
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,410 Times in 1,686 Posts
Good morning Canucks fans! what a fan-fucking-tastic day eh? hahah

holy fucking shit, still happy about yesterday. amazing comeback. i seriously had lost all hope and accepted defeat. can't believe that happened.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2024, 09:24 AM   #2732
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,606 Times in 4,314 Posts
I'm still amazed and shocked about yesterday. I full on accepted the loss especially they way they were playing the third. It was so frustrating seeing all that talent with next to zero effort and then boom Brock star took over and then it was over with a win in a heart beat. Big Z in front of the net was really a game changed, hopefully they start doing that more.
Old 04-29-2024, 09:40 AM   #2733

Thanked 3,569 Times in 1,733 Posts
Yeah, game 4 was an epic comeback.

Predators defensive coverage in front of their net was awful in game 4. Boeser was wide open for his second and third goal. Nobody was covering Lindholm during overtime before he scored the game winner.

-looks like the Preds have still not adjusted to our team attacking their net haha.

Nashville players are not reading our team's set plays? If Garland is going for the puck behind the Preds net, he's going to set up Lindholm or Joshua in front of the net with a pass to them for a scoring chance 100 percent of the time.

The players must practice that play many during times on practice.

Full marks also for Hughes for being so smart with the puck and calm under pressure. He held on the puck, and sidestepped that Preds forward on the far side boards, before making the pass that helped set up the Boeser's third goal to tie the game.

Norris trophy level kind of play for a d-man.

-very glad that Hughes is our captain. You want a captain who is calm and makes the right play under pressure in the playoffs.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-29-2024 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:06 AM   #2734
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,045 Times in 1,907 Posts
Woke up still buzzing about that epic comeback

I was kinda zoning out for most of the 3rd period and was gonna take a nap after the game. Then Boeser scored the 3-2 goal, Sissons hit the post and I was fired up for the rest of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 04-29-2024, 10:40 AM   #2735

Congrats to Demko. Vezina trophy finalist.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...zina-finalist/

Given his impressive performance over the regular season, Vancouver Canucks starting goaltender Thatcher Demko has been named a Vezina Trophy finalist.

The 28-year-old had 51 starts, 35 wins, five shutouts, and a .918 save percentage this season. This is despite the netminder suffering a knee injury that kept him out of the line-up for much of March and April.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:41 AM   #2736
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,534 Times in 1,022 Posts
hughes is such a pleasure to watch at the blue line. he's untouchable when he has space.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:14 PM   #2737
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Watching Hughes break ankles has been so routine for us. We should try to not take that for granted because man, he's so fucking good! Even with the speculation of playing hurt, he sent Nyquist into the shadow realm
Spoiler!
Old 04-29-2024, 01:54 PM   #2738
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,302 Times in 1,444 Posts
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2024, 05:46 PM   #2739
I bringith the lowerballerith

I don't feel sorry for the preds at all. No grit or determination trying to go in for the empty net. Instead just casually coasting in thinking their 2 goal lead is safe. Its never safe until the clock hits zero.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:54 PM   #2740
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^sounds a lot like the Canucks from previous years. Coasting along protecting a goal lead and then breaking down when the other team scores.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2024, 06:29 PM   #2741

The Official 2023/2024 Canucks & NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post
^sounds a lot like the Canucks from previous years. Coasting along protecting a goal lead and then breaking down when the other team scores.

The coaching staff under Rick Tocchet have done a good job this season in instilling defensive structure in the team. Their d-zone coverage is much better previous Canucks teams.

When you have Sportsnet analysts like former Canucks d-man Kevin Bieksa and former Oilers goalie Kelly Hrudey praising the Canucks coaching staff with improving the Canucks defence, you know that Tocchet has done a good job in coaching the players.

Tocchet is a finalist for the Jack Adam’s trophy for coach of the year for a reason.

The Nashville defence in front of their net is pretty crappy. Two of Boeser’s goals in game 4 happened because no Predators player was checking Brock in front of the net.

Nobody was in front of the net to help their goalie when Lindholm scored the overtime winning goal either haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2024, 06:56 PM   #2742
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
The Nashville defence in front of their net is pretty crappy. Two of Boeser’s goals in game 4 happened because no Predators player was checking Brock in front of the net.
Also because unlike another Canuck, he doesn't miss a wide open net
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2024, 07:19 PM   #2743
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

it's because they're over-committing to Miller on the point. any time he's in that spot, he has so many options. He can snipe, shot pass, slap pass, throw it down low. He does all of them with speed and accuracy. A few of us have been saying all season that's where he's most effective on the PP. This was no different. And for him to thread the needle so many times in one game despite all these damn blocked shots was just *chef's kiss*
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2024, 07:26 PM   #2744
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Also because unlike another Canuck, he doesn't miss a wide open net
haah true. If Petey was there instead of Lindholm, we would never know what would have happen. Although the way Petey has been playing, there would be a good chance he would have shot it over the net.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:27 PM   #2745

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
it's because they're over-committing to Miller on the point. any time he's in that spot, he has so many options. He can snipe, shot pass, slap pass, throw it down low. He does all of them with speed and accuracy. A few of us have been saying all season that's where he's most effective on the PP. This was no different. And for him to thread the needle so many times in one game despite all these damn blocked shots was just *chef's kiss*
Miller and Hughes draw double coverage, Hughes ecen moreso it’s pretty crazy on the PP or when they are cycling in the zone he’s basically dragging around the two point guys
Old 04-29-2024, 08:33 PM   #2746
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
lots of positives to take away from the final minutes
loved how calm this team was breaking out of their own zone with set play after silvos went to the bench.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2024, 07:38 AM   #2747

It's also the Good Luck Canucks in some respects when you look back at game 4.

Colton Scissons hitting the post in wide open net when Tocchet pulled Silovs for the extra attacker.

If that puck goes into the empty net, then Preds win the game 4-2. Series tied at 2-2.

Hockey is truly a game of inches.

-so glad that the Canucks have some luck in this series. Yeah, it sucks that our goalies Demko and DeSmith are both injured. Good teams find a way to win games despite injuries.

Our team is a good team. I am 100% confident that the team can close out the series tonight at home.

Show that killer instinct!! Smash Nashville!!

The fat lady is gonna sing for the Music City tonight!!

Go Canucks go!!!
Old 04-30-2024, 07:43 AM   #2748
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
It would be nice if they can close it out tonight I think some of the guys could use the extra time off
Old 04-30-2024, 07:45 AM   #2749

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
JT Miller breakdown was spot on guys a beast!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 04-30-2024, 07:49 AM   #2750
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,046 Times in 5,339 Posts
I wonder what happened to Miller before, we were trying to run the guy out of town and he was floating every game out there... not even the same player. I guess it's just like any of us sometimes, you get a bad manager and it totally changes your mindset. Not that Bruce was a bad dude in any way, but just no system and must have made JT feel like why bother, why care, we can't do anything.

Then you got Petey and it seems like he's having trouble in a regimented system, daddy Boudreau just told him he could do whatever he wanted and be creative and he's suffering under having to play a rigid team style? I don't know... obviously all conjecture on my part. Just wish the 2 of them could be "on" at the same damn time for once lol

BIG WIN TONIGHT BOYS let's gooooooooooo maybe Petey gonna break out this time?

Felt bad for Stamkos last night, dude is 34 and has had some horrific injuries and scores 5 goals in 5 games and easily could have had at least 3 others that I saw, but no support from the rest of his team and some miraculous saves from Bobrovsky. Shame.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread