REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM   #326
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Blonde singing O' Canada did an awesome job, but messed it up a bit at the end, and sang flat. No embellishments, so kudos for that.

I take that back........ star mangled banner was mangled at the end.

Still better than the singers we get.

Also glad there's no unceded territories of the hootchi kootchie malak salhr, blessing, speech.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 10-17-2023 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2023, 03:19 PM   #327
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,935 Times in 8,257 Posts
Demko is playing out of his mind
Old 10-17-2023, 03:19 PM   #328

Cheech retiring is really hurting this broadcast
Old 10-17-2023, 03:43 PM   #329
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,961 Times in 951 Posts
always play like shit in afternoon games
Old 10-17-2023, 04:08 PM   #330

Garland with the grinder goal!

Demko kept them in it, let's see if they can tie it up as the coach makes an awful challenge that will give them a penalty

Edit: what? He didn't touch the goaltender at all... Did they go back to 00's rules?
Old 10-17-2023, 04:13 PM   #331
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,245 Posts
I thought they were originally saying Garland pushed him in the net or something but if it was because of Boeser that was bullshit
Old 10-17-2023, 04:14 PM   #332
MG1

Thank you, Canucks.................. I haven't been able to, for various reasons, get any sleep. I slept through two periods of hockey. well rested now. And, it looks like the world is back to normal. Down 2-0.

Canucks so good.

Old 10-17-2023, 04:48 PM   #333
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,680 Posts
man, first game i actually had time to sit down and watch. of COURSE they lay an egg.... ffs. only positive from this game was Demko, holy shit he played well.
Spoiler!
Old 10-17-2023, 04:52 PM   #334
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,204 Posts
We deserved to lose that harder than we did. That was awful except for Demko.
fml
Old 10-17-2023, 04:58 PM   #335
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,552 Times in 5,758 Posts
Swear for the last like 15 years the flyers have had our number
Old 10-17-2023, 05:08 PM   #336
I bringith the lowerballerith

Tocchet was not happy with last game against the Oilers. He must be pissed today. haaha. They didn't come out flying, that is for sure.
Old 10-17-2023, 08:06 PM   #337
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Garland with the grinder goal!

Demko kept them in it, let's see if they can tie it up as the coach makes an awful challenge that will give them a penalty

Edit: what? He didn't touch the goaltender at all... Did they go back to 00's rules?
Nah, Garland went right in there and basically took out Hart's right pad. It was the right call. Puck wouldn't have went in if Garland didn't make contact and basically push half the goalie's body in.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 10-17-2023, 08:27 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Nah, Garland went right in there and basically took out Hart's right pad. It was the right call. Puck wouldn't have went in if Garland didn't make contact and basically push half the goalie's body in.
I didn't see that, but if you say... The announcers didn't see it either but they are homers, so
Old 10-18-2023, 07:05 AM   #339
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
Tocchet was not happy with last game against the Oilers. He must be pissed today. haaha. They didn't come out flying, that is for sure.

Too many defensive breakdowns from the team agains the Flyers. Giving up on 2 on 1s is a recipe for disaster.

Demko did his best to keep his team in the game with 40 saves. Couturier made a wicked backhand fake to score on him on a penalty shot.

On to Tampa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2023, 07:45 AM   #340
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,996 Times in 5,323 Posts
I don't understand why Couturier was awarded a penalty shot on that breakaway? I know Peterson lunged and his stick snapped trying to check him, but Couturier maintained full control of the puck and made a full deke/scoring attempt after, just got stuffed by Demko.

Penalty shot is supposed to be awarded when the chance to score has been seriously impeded, not because you got annoyed by someone.

A Penalty Shot is awarded when a player in control of the puck (which is in the neutral zone or puck carrier's attacking zone) and having no opponent to pass other than the goaltender, is tripped or otherwise fouled from behind and therefore prevented from having a clear, unimpeded shot on goal.

He got a clear and unimpeded shot on goal ??? Bizarre.
Old 10-18-2023, 07:49 AM   #341
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,552 Times in 5,758 Posts
There was another game I was watching, maybe Vegas where the Vegas player got in, got a legit shot off and ecen banged at the rebound and then was awarded a pentalty shot, thought that one was weird as well
Old 10-18-2023, 08:35 AM   #342
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Too many defensive breakdowns from the team agains the Flyers. Giving up on 2 on 1s is a recipe for disaster.

Demko did his best to keep his team in the game with 40 saves. Couturier made a wicked backhand fake to score on him on a penalty shot.

On to Tampa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That, and the forwards didn't do anything either. EP had 1 SOG and JT had 2 SOG.
Old 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM   #343
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,606 Times in 4,314 Posts
Look at the positive it was only the Flyers (not giving away divisional points) and Tocchet isn't messing around.
Old 10-18-2023, 08:12 PM   #344
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
I didn't see that, but if you say... The announcers didn't see it either but they are homers, so
It's not really debatable... I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't see it that way, or you didn't actually see the play.
https://youtu.be/qWCfC_-A-Do?si=GFKmh9RehIJ78Up0&t=373

Gray area if you're just using the stick to push the puck and pads in, but charging in to knock the goalie into the net while doing so, that's interference.
Old 10-18-2023, 09:09 PM   #345

Quote:
It's not really debatable... I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't see it that way, or you didn't actually see the play.
https://youtu.be/qWCfC_-A-Do?si=GFKmh9RehIJ78Up0&t=373

Gray area if you're just using the stick to push the puck and pads in, but charging in to knock the goalie into the net while doing so, that's interference.
He was in the gray area you're talking about, going for the puck with some incidental contact, then the puck went in, then that screenshot shows more contact as the goalie slid into him and he was behind the line by then

It doesn't matter, they lost 2-0 anyway (would have been 7-0 without Demko)
Old 10-18-2023, 10:13 PM   #346
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
He was in the gray area you're talking about, going for the puck with some incidental contact, then the puck went in, then that screenshot shows more contact as the goalie slid into him and he was behind the line by then

It doesn't matter, they lost 2-0 anyway (would have been 7-0 without Demko)
But this goal isn't the gray area I'm talking about.

Gray area would be:
Hypothetically, if Garland stopped here and used only his stick to push the pad, and if Hart wasn't planted and his leg swung back (blue arrow), and puck goes through (red arrow), good goal imo.

That's not even close to what happened.
It's right here when Garland's uses his right skate to make contact is my case of why it was rightfully disallowed. 1) preventing the goalie from fully extending his right pad inside the goal crease to make a save, 2) using body contact to push the goalie in, or at least make the goalie lose his balance.

Context also plays a factor, as the puck fell in front of Hart's right pad. He technically already saved it. It wasn't exactly a 50/50 puck where if Garland got to it first, it would be a tap into an empty net. The body contact made the puck loose. Otherwise in your logic, any player can just drive hard to the net, shoot a soft low shot and then shove the goalie in with the puck.

This is not to be confused when player crashing the net comes into contact AFTER a shot beats a goalie, which would be a good goal, like Lafferty's goal in the Edmonton game.
Spoiler!

I mean yeah, doesn't matter. Canucks lost and I'm investing too much in this little discussion. But just wondering how can our analysis be so different. From "didn't touch the goaltender at all" to "some incidental contact" when Garland was basically inside the net by the end of the play. Seems straight forward to me.
Old 10-18-2023, 10:25 PM   #347

Quote:
But this goal isn't the gray area I'm talking about.

Gray area would be:
Hypothetically, if Garland stopped here and used only his stick to push the pad, and if Hart wasn't planted and his leg swung back (blue arrow), and puck goes through (red arrow), good goal imo.

That's not even close to what happened.
It's right here when Garland's uses his right skate to make contact is my case of why it was rightfully disallowed. 1) preventing the goalie from fully extending his right pad inside the goal crease to make a save, 2) using body contact to push the goalie in, or at least make the goalie lose his balance.

Context also plays a factor, as the puck fell in front of Hart's right pad. He technically already saved it. It wasn't exactly a 50/50 puck where if Garland got to it first, it would be a tap into an empty net. The body contact made the puck loose. Otherwise in your logic, any player can just drive hard to the net, shoot a soft low shot and then shove the goalie in with the puck.

This is not to be confused when player crashing the net comes into contact AFTER a shot beats a goalie, which would be a good goal, like Lafferty's goal in the Edmonton game.

I mean yeah, doesn't matter. Canucks lost and I'm investing too much in this little discussion. But just wondering how can our analysis be so different. From "didn't touch the goaltender at all" to "some incidental contact" when Garland was basically inside the net by the end of the play. Seems straight forward to me.
I mostly rely on the professionals when I don't fully understand what happened, and on the broadcast they were seeing what I was seeing..

But yeah you're right, but I don't think it's so obvious that you'd ridicule me for not having even watched the play... It was pretty close, went that way, and in the end it doesn't matter.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:06 PM   #348
MG1

O' Canada funeral version..........

Looking forward to Elias getting hit. Let's see if he can take as well as he can give.

Okay, chick likes singing Largo.............

Old 10-19-2023, 03:37 PM   #349
Performance Moderator

How Myers keeps getting ice time this season is beyond me, fuckin BRUTAL
Old 10-19-2023, 04:05 PM   #350
Performance Moderator

At least he made up for it
Closed Thread