REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:08 PM   #3551
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,268 Times in 2,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Petey is just so soft along the boards, it's an embarrassment.
I really wished management held off until the off season just like what he wanted.
Because he's in no position to be demanding 11.6mil with this performance.
Yup, management panicked. Maybe he's playing injured, but the way Tocchet is publicly calling him out, I doubt it. I just hope we're not stuck with our own Jonathan Huberdeau.
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2024, 11:38 PM   #3552
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,822 Times in 735 Posts
If you guys can get to a viewing party at Rogers, it's unreal.
For $20, the experience you get is unrivaled. Even though we lost, it was one of the better experiences I've had.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 04:50 AM   #3553
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Petey is just so soft along the boards, it's an embarrassment.
I really wished management held off until the off season just like what he wanted.
Because he's in no position to be demanding 11.6mil with this performance.
Well, when doing the contract, he was compared to Marner. . which is about right. Expensive, good regular season performer, invisible during playoffs.

Alvin having serious buyer's remorse.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:50 AM   #3554
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,970 Posts
dp
Old 05-15-2024, 05:32 AM   #3555
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
his NMC apparently doesn't kick in til 25-26 so there's a year to trade him.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 05:59 AM   #3556
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
Maybe it's time to switch up his linemates to try and spark something cause that shit ain't working
Old 05-15-2024, 06:03 AM   #3557
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,556 Times in 5,761 Posts
Yea if anyone has been worse than Petey it’s Mihekyev fucking guy is useless
Old 05-15-2024, 06:19 AM   #3558
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
If you guys can get to a viewing party at Rogers, it's unreal.
For $20, the experience you get is unrivaled. Even though we lost, it was one of the better experiences I've had.
I took my kids to Game 3. Considering $20 buys virtually nothing these days, it's a pretty good value for the experience. It's even better when they win of course.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 07:03 AM   #3559
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,569 Times in 1,733 Posts
The Official 2023/2024 Canucks & NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Tocchet called out Pettersson in the post game interview; he also mentioned that some of the guys forgot it was a playoff game tonight. Ouch.

The bottom line is, you're not a cup contending team with only 14 shots on goal after two periods in a game 4 where you can take a 3-1 lead in the series. The late comebacks are awesome, but at some point, you're SOL like tonight.

Tocchet mentioned “six or seven passengers tonight” in game 4. The coach said that you cannot win with just twelve guys playing.

Yes, he also said that Petey “has to get going”.
Tocchet is demanding consistent effort from all players.

Old school coach who does not sugar coat it when it comes to comments about his team’s performance.

Definitely a lack of consistent effort from all players in game 4.

Tocchet also mentioned that Garland shows consistent effort every game in the regular season and playoffs. Said that Garland does not give up on plays. He gives the team “juice”.

Coach said that maybe if the other guys paid attention to Garland’s play, they would definitely play with much more consistent effort.

Game 5 is a MUST WIN game for our Canucks. They gotta win at home on Thursday.

Tocchet also mentioned that he will talk to Adam Foote about putting new d men in the game. Possible lineup changes?

Maybe Cole will finally not be playing a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-15-2024 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 07:13 AM   #3560
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,046 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea if anyone has been worse than Petey it’s Mihekyev fucking guy is useless
I still do not understand how Podz is not getting a shot in place of Mikheyev... at the very least he provides a little more jam and gives the D something to think about. Mikeheyev is like a mosquito out there.

Cole is not a bad dman, we wouldn't have beat Nashville without him... but I think they need to realize his limitations. He can play against Nashville and be very effective... but against Edmonton his footspeed and age are being exposed bigtime, the pace of the game is above where he's capable of playing. I'd be okay with him coming out in this series and having himself a rest and someone more slippery going in. Heck I wouldn't even mind seeing Wolanin again. I think we have enough guys who are hammering bodies out there especially with Soucy back next game.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 07:16 AM   #3561
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
Mikeheyev will never score another goal in his life everytime I hear his name with the puck all excitement of a scoring chance goes away
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 07:25 AM   #3562

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I still do not understand how Podz is not getting a shot in place of Mikheyev... at the very least he provides a little more jam and gives the D something to think about. Mikeheyev is like a mosquito out there.
100 percent. Why is Tocchet not putting Podkolzin in a game to play with Petey??

Mikheyev is useless! He does not go hard to the net. He puts no weight on his shot. -misses the net half the time that he attempts a shot on net.

Soft player who doesn't go hard for the puck on the boards.

A complete floater.
Old 05-15-2024, 07:46 AM   #3563
Performance Moderator

I don't know if it was just some weird effect of watching the game on the curved jumbotron last night at the watch party, but it looked like for at least the first 2 periods or so that everyone on the Canucks was firing piss missiles I'd expect from a 10 year old, not a NHL player.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:21 AM   #3564

Thanked 2,515 Times in 552 Posts
Does anyone know when the viewing party tickets for game 6 will go for sale?
Old 05-15-2024, 08:35 AM   #3565
Performance Moderator

Oh yah I forgot to say, at the viewing party last night, I left my seat during the 2nd intermission to take a piss and when I came back the row in front of me had decided to leave and they took all of our towels?!?! Seriously... what the fuck is wrong with people in this city nowadays. Gonna try to sell em on marketplace or some shit?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 08:47 AM   #3566

-best quotes from Tocchet's post game press conference after game 4:

“It's a will to get the puck,” Tocchet said. “It's not Xs and Os; it's a will. There's times there, we have some guys — you know the puck, where the puck is going to go — you've just got to get there before the other guy. And I think we're pausing. Some guys are playing pause hockey. And you can't win if you have five or six passengers. Or seven. There was at least a half dozen, just, passengers tonight. Quite frankly, that's what it was. But saying that, that's playoff hockey (and) the next game is a new game. So some of those guys can be a hero for us. So they’ve got to step it up.”

I have some doubt about the heart and desire of some of the players. Is there a will to win games and to show consistent effort, in every shift and every game?

Petey and Mikheyev for example.

The sacrificial plays of the players on the ice in the last seconds of game 6 vs. Preds is what Tocchet is talking about. Diving in front of shots to try block the puck. Myers sacrificing his balls to block a shot in game 6 vs. Nashville.

Does this team have enough will and heart to fight for loose pucks at the boards to make a play to generate scoring chances and sustained pressure in the Oilers zone? The Canucks really need more zone play in the Oilers zone whether it is 5 on 5 play or on a power play.

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-15-2024 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:52 AM   #3567
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Oh yah I forgot to say, at the viewing party last night, I left my seat during the 2nd intermission to take a piss and when I came back the row in front of me had decided to leave and they took all of our towels?!?! Seriously... what the fuck is wrong with people in this city nowadays. Gonna try to sell em on marketplace or some shit?
This morning on the Nat & Drew show (103.5 Move Radio), Drew said the same thing happened to his son's towel when they stepped away during the 2nd intermission.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 05-15-2024, 09:17 AM   #3568

Thanked 2,822 Times in 735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I took my kids to Game 3. Considering $20 buys virtually nothing these days, it's a pretty good value for the experience. It's even better when they win of course.
The amount of kids and families at the game was probably the highest i've ever seen.

The crazy part for me is that the concourse and hallways were empty. usually on a regular season canucks game, the concourse and hallways are packed with people. Everyone was in their seat waiting for the game.

My buddy has season tickets and he said the viewing party's crowd is significantly louder than home playoff games.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 09:24 AM   #3569
Performance Moderator

That's what happens when you lower prices to Surrey levels of affordability lol
Old 05-15-2024, 09:51 AM   #3570
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,056 Times in 2,086 Posts
Concourse was packed when I went.. odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 05-15-2024, 09:54 AM   #3571
Performance Moderator

It was PACKED between periods... but before the game started I actually thought about getting food because it was not very busy. I didn't end up doing it because it's like.. you gotta stand up for the anthem and shit where I gonna put my food? lol
Old 05-15-2024, 10:07 AM   #3572
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,827 Times in 1,819 Posts
We ended up grabbing our towels from our seats at 6:30, then proceeded to the bars to grab drinks.

Great atmosphere, it was neat seeing so many families with their kids.

Quite a few hotties too.

The crowd was loud as hell, loved seeing that Canadian flag passed throughout the stands during the national anthem too.

Great experience even in the loss, I recommend anyone going.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 10:51 AM   #3573
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,518 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
The amount of kids and families at the game was probably the highest i've ever seen.

The crazy part for me is that the concourse and hallways were empty. usually on a regular season canucks game, the concourse and hallways are packed with people. Everyone was in their seat waiting for the game.

My buddy has season tickets and he said the viewing party's crowd is significantly louder than home playoff games.
It's what happens when you have tickets that a regular fan can afford. A 4 pack of tickets doesn't even buy you one regular season ticket, nevermind the playoffs.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2024, 11:02 AM   #3574
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,556 Times in 5,761 Posts
I don’t know what the answer is when you can consistently sell out at top price, especially in a place like Vancouver where no one cares about anything but the Canucks.

The corporate support is really what props up professional sports teams these days. That’s why there’s so much talk about Winnipeg potentially leaving once again because they have zero head offices there. If you can’t get top dollar it’s hard to prove your worth to the league. Which is unfortunately at the detriment to the average fan/kids and families

Although, I will say, this perception that the ticket prices are so out to lunch isn’t really based in reality. Even in the most popular times you can get a pair of upper bowl tickets for under $300 or less
Old 05-15-2024, 11:29 AM   #3575

Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,175 Posts
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMcrepyM/

Even though we lost the game yesterday, my favorite highlight was Silovs coming out of the net and going for the aggressive poke check
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread