REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 07:35 AM   #3951
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,608 Times in 4,316 Posts
I'm sad but how can I be upset? They plated incredible and really pushed the Oilers to the brink. Now as long as Dallas beats the Oilers I will be happy and I really can't wait to see what Allvin can do with all that cap space he has to work with.
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2024, 07:36 AM   #3952
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,973 Posts
^I guess you both are suggesting Canucks keep Pettersson. I mean you do have to get to the playoffs and he is a good/streaky regular season player to do that. But unless he knows how to flip the playoff switch, he's a passenger. He had one good game in the Oilers series and that's after the crowd lifted him up with chants.

Don't make the same mistake that the Leafs made with Marner.

For sure, other guys like Zadorov, Dakota Joshua ... they get an A-. These are the guys you need in April, May, June along with Miller, Boeser, Garland
Old 05-21-2024, 08:28 AM   #3953
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,135 Posts
On paper, the Oilers should have easily beaten the Canucks in 5 games.

The fact that the Canucks won Game 1 and had a 3-2 series lead makes it more difficult to take in. The majority of teams who win Game 1 and take a 3-2 series lead win the series. Not saying the Canucks choked, but the morning after, I'm left with the feeling of a huge missed opportunity. It's not like we were down 3-1 and came back to force a Game 7 and ran out of steam. Sure, you can always say that the team will learn and come back better next year, but in the cap era, there are very few opportunities to be a consistent threat over several years.

I lived through 94 and 2011. I've seen how quickly things can turn for the worse the following season(s). We had a Cinderella season and caught the league by surprise. Just feeling like it was a significant missed opportunity as there are no guarantees that this team will learn from this and take this into next year.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:32 AM   #3954
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I think Lindholm is Ufa? He finally showed his value in the playoffs. May take a few moving parts to keep him. As for Petey, this guy needs to go on the Sedins off season training regiment. Very much similarities to young Sedins as soft on the boards and easy to push over.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:38 AM   #3955
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,063 Times in 5,348 Posts
The most frustrating thing about Petey is that he already HAS put quite a bit of weight on... do you remember what he looked like his first season?

A friend of mine took this pic with him at the prospects camp dude's an absolute twig... one of those people you look at and you wonder where their vital organs even go??? I don't know if he even can bulk up with this kind of frame tbh:

This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 08:42 AM   #3956
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,608 Times in 4,316 Posts
Prospect camp, do you realize how long ago that was? He's much much bigger now.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:48 AM   #3957
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
Dudes listed at 6'2 and 176lbs there is plenty of room for him to fill out more if he wants to put in the work
Old 05-21-2024, 08:50 AM   #3958
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
The most frustrating thing about Petey is that he already HAS put quite a bit of weight on... do you remember what he looked like his first season?

A friend of mine took this pic with him at the prospects camp dude's an absolute twig... one of those people you look at and you wonder where their vital organs even go??? I don't know if he even can bulk up with this kind of frame tbh:

If the numbers are correct he was 161lbs when he was drafted and is now 176lbs. He can bulk up with that frame if he wanted to.

If you saw me when I was in my late teens early 20's you wouldn't think I could bulk up either. I'm 5"11 and in HS was 135lbs, post HS and by the time I hit my early 30's I was 160lbs just solely by becoming a full on adult. When I had my first kid in 2014 I figure it was time to go back to the gym. With zero bulking I went from 160 - 190 lbs in about 2 years just from working out hard. So yea If Petey tried he could.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 05-21-2024, 08:54 AM   #3959
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,063 Times in 5,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Prospect camp, do you realize how long ago that was? He's much much bigger now.
Can you read man? I literally said that.

MUCH bigger is quite an overstatement though. He's maybe 10-15lbs bigger now.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:31 AM   #3960
I HERP TO YOU DERP

some of u guys need to chill, this was the first real attempt at playoffs with this core

much to learn for this team and this run provides much needed insight for not just the team but for the players themselves on what it takes to be successful in the playoffs

have some faith.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 09:43 AM   #3961

Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,734 Posts
The Official 2023/2024 Canucks & NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypediss View Post
some of u guys need to chill, this was the first real attempt at playoffs with this core

much to learn for this team and this run provides much needed insight for not just the team but for the players themselves on what it takes to be successful in the playoffs

have some faith.

I agree 100 percent. This team played playoff games in front of fans for the first time unlike their playoff games during the Covid bubble.

Does the team need to improve? Hell yeah.

Having said that, this Canucks team proved many so called critics wrong. A team that won the Pacific Division and pushed the Coilers to a game 7.

We have some trophies that may come to the team to recognize outstanding performance too.

I think that our captain Quinn will win the Norris trophy. Coach Tocchet is a strong candidate for the Jack Adam’s award for Coach of the Year.

I am very proud of the team for the progress that they made in this season and the playoffs.

Yes, things might have been different in this Oilers series if Demko and Boeser were playing. Injuries happen to all teams.

We also have a competent general manager, management team, and coaching staff who know what are the missing pieces to make this team a legit contender.

The players have the playoff experience now to know what it takes to have a deep playoff run.

Go Canucks go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-21-2024 at 09:54 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 10:42 AM   #3962

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I agree 100 percent. This team played playoff games in front of fans for the first time unlike their playoff games during the Covid bubble.

Does the team need to improve? Hell yeah.

Having said that, this Canucks team proved many so called critics wrong. A team that won the Pacific Division and pushed the Coilers to a game 7.

We have some trophies that may come to the team to recognize outstanding performance too.

I think that our captain Quinn will win the Norris trophy. Coach Tocchet is a strong candidate for the Jack Adam’s award for Coach of the Year.

I am very proud of the team for the progress that they made in this season and the playoffs.

Yes, things might have been different in this Oilers series if Demko and Boeser were playing. Injuries happen to all teams.

We also have a competent general manager, management team, and coaching staff who know what are the missing pieces to make this team a legit contender.

The players have the playoff experience now to know what it takes to have a deep playoff run.

Go Canucks go!!!

Pretty much my feeling on the season as well. I don't like to talk about what ifs so yea what if we had Demko the entire time, what if Petey played to his potential, what if Boeser wasn't injured. Yea well we'll never know but what we do know is we had a hell of a season and playoffs no matter how you look at it. I feel good about our Management for the first time in a long time. Feel good about our coach and our structure and how the team really looked like we bought in and have a real identity now. Tough off season decisions ahead and looking forward to hopefully the start of a long run of at least making the playoffs every year.

Old 05-21-2024, 10:47 AM   #3963
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Mikheyev's value is so low especially with his contract.... Canucks will need to give something away just for someone to take him.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-21-2024, 11:04 AM   #3964
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,275 Times in 2,372 Posts
Boston wants Lindholm badly. Supposedly, they were very close to getting him at the trade deadline, so let's see how it plays out. And the Canucks can get a lot for Silovs, maybe even Demko if they're bold enough to make Silovs the starter.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:08 AM   #3965
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,051 Times in 1,908 Posts
Trade Mikheyev to a team that needs to hit the cap floor lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 05-21-2024, 11:17 AM   #3966
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,572 Times in 5,768 Posts
Lindholm would be worth making a run at imo. He showed his true worth in the playoffs

Hronek, if he’s not injured then his value has plummeted. You can look at Hughes production and say he fell off but he does so much outside of scoring I don’t think it’s a big deal. The way he continued to wheel throughout the playoffs and be a pivotal point in the breakouts etc. he was still full value. For most players it’s a stretch to look at the way they are contributing “away” from the puck, but with Hughes I think it’s fine.

The biggest thing that makes me said about the loss is that you never know when you’ll be back. It could be next year, it could be 5. So it always feels like a missed opportunity when you can’t advance
Old 05-21-2024, 11:35 AM   #3967
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Boston wants Lindholm badly. Supposedly, they were very close to getting him at the trade deadline, so let's see how it plays out. And the Canucks can get a lot for Silovs, maybe even Demko if they're bold enough to make Silovs the starter.
lol, wouldn't be bold. Would just be a bad move.

Spencer Martin looked good for a short stint when he first joined the Canucks.
Even with Silovs having a much higher ceiling, the sample size is way too small. But Demko on the other hand is showing some bad signs of being injury prone and that can be somewhat concerning.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-21-2024, 11:39 AM   #3968

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't think our current roster was built for a long run or considered a cup contender. We had a good run and some luck on our side, but fundamentally, there were serious issues that showed in the second half of the season that followed us into the playoffs like the slow starts, blowing leads, and lack of offense.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:43 AM   #3969

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
lol, wouldn't be bold. Would just be a bad move.

Spencer Martin looked good for a short stint when he first joined the Canucks.
Even with Silovs having a much higher ceiling, the sample size is way too small. But Demko on the other hand is showing some bad signs of being injury prone and that can be somewhat concerning.
Which is why it might not be a bad idea to leverage Silovs' five minutes of fame and get something good in return. There are a lot of desperate teams out there that need goaltending.
Old 05-21-2024, 11:48 AM   #3970
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,760 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
i dun wanna be like those 90year old Cubs fans when they won the world series... sigh...

if the answers I read in here are any indication, forget about even being 90. getting tossed in the second round in not acceptable!
Old 05-21-2024, 11:50 AM   #3971

Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,734 Posts
CapFriendly
@CapFriendly
·

Draft Pick Condition Update:

The 2024 4th round pick the Vancouver #Canucks sent to Calgary #Flames as part of the Elias Lindholm trade, will NOT upgrade to a 2024 3rd round pick.

https://capfriendly.com/draft

A conclusion to the Lindholm trade after our Canucks were eliminated from the playoffs.

Old 05-21-2024, 12:24 PM   #3972
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,274 Times in 586 Posts
I think we gotta try to re-sign Lindholm and Z. I'd trade Hronek, he's not gonna be worth the ask (I think he turned down 7m?)
Old 05-21-2024, 12:31 PM   #3973
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,962 Times in 952 Posts
PK Subban talking about Petey

https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/com...40_last_night/

No way we're trading him. Could he have performed better in the playoffs? yea absolutely, but even McDavid was very quiet in the series (except when he was diving and whining).

Lindholm was great, but he wasn't playing up to par in the regular season either. so it's not like, trading Petey and signing Lindy is some magical solution.

Honestly, the biggest thing is getting rid of Mik and letting Cole walk. Lafferty also needs to walk. Myers takes a pay cut, and the rest of the money goes towards extending some of those other guys. If Hronek doesnt back down from his asking of $8m, then you get a boatload back for him.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 01:11 PM   #3974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't think our current roster was built for a long run or considered a cup contender. We had a good run and some luck on our side, but fundamentally, there were serious issues that showed in the second half of the season that followed us into the playoffs like the slow starts, blowing leads, and lack of offense.
I don't think you are. Coming into the season looking at our roster on paper I thought we'd finish 3rd in the Pacific behind Vegas and Edmonton and maybe win a round potentially 2 if we got lucky. We're on the right track but any honest fan should know we're not there yet. Yea yea we have at least 1 piece in all the important positions (Demko, Hughes, Petey and or Miller) but you can't seriously look at the true cup contending teams on paper beside ours and think oh yea we can beat them.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 01:30 PM   #3975
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,166 Posts
At this rate, I'm not sure Myers is taking much of a pay cut, he did pretty well under Tocchet.

This was a great run, but at the same time I'm eager to see how management deals with the roster. We don't have enough cap space to keep everyone together, and definitely not some of the UFA who's going to want a lot of money. Hronek is rumoured to want 7+, Lindholm is going to want term and money, Dak hasn't said it but it's his payday.
Closed Thread