REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 01:51 PM   #3976
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't think our current roster was built for a long run or considered a cup contender. We had a good run and some luck on our side, but fundamentally, there were serious issues that showed in the second half of the season that followed us into the playoffs like the slow starts, blowing leads, and lack of offense.
I don't think you're in the minority.
Realistically, Canucks would be the underdogs against most teams in the playoffs regardless of where they stood in the standings.

But one can hope, if all things worked out, the potential to go all the way was still there. I think some of us are worried about regression next season and really wanted things to work out now because the window may not be as open as it seems if management don't or are unable to make the right moves.

Notably, a lot of UFA's, almost half the team is playing for their next contract, so likely playing with a performance bump. That's not a bad recipe for playoff success, when you have players trying to play above their current paygrade. But because of that, I also don't see a lot of them working their ass off just to take a pay cut on their next contract... which will only result in a regression or finding players that can replace or upgrade for cheaper. Easier said than done.
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-21-2024, 02:18 PM   #3977
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Boston wants Lindholm badly. Supposedly, they were very close to getting him at the trade deadline, so let's see how it plays out. And the Canucks can get a lot for Silovs, maybe even Demko if they're bold enough to make Silovs the starter.
Old 05-21-2024, 03:03 PM   #3978
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Notably, a lot of UFA's, almost half the team is playing for their next contract, so likely playing with a performance bump. That's not a bad recipe for playoff success, when you have players trying to play above their current paygrade.
so this explains #40's performance ... or lack of it.
Old 05-21-2024, 03:09 PM   #3979
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,962 Times in 952 Posts
armchair GMs out in full force

trade all the players!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 03:13 PM   #3980
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,572 Times in 5,768 Posts
No ones taking Petey and that contract so like it or lump it, it’s in a fans best interest to support the guy lol
Old 05-21-2024, 03:13 PM   #3981
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,519 Times in 7,274 Posts
lol this is exactly what I was talking about.
Whatever happens we all gotta go to work tomorrow. Watch the game, have 3 beers and shut up when it's over lol.
Give props to the guys you like but we all sure as fuck don't know how to build a team or know what would happen if we did.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 04:08 PM   #3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
lol this is exactly what I was talking about.
Whatever happens we all gotta go to work tomorrow. Watch the game, have 3 beers and shut up when it's over lol.
Give props to the guys you like but we all sure as fuck don't know how to build a team or know what would happen if we did.
Yeah I never understood the fans who want to be couch GMs across all sports, aside from general critique. Our job as fans is to cheer for the team we chose to like; that includes the management, and what they present to us. Nothing we say has any influence on what the team does, so what's the point?

"They should trade Pettersson and Demko" Yeah? And then what?

It gives people something to talk about when the season is over, I guess
Old 05-21-2024, 04:55 PM   #3983

Well.. given what Canucks fans have been through.. I think some “arm chair” GM’s could have done a better job than Dim Jim lol

The bright side of the new management group is that hit on almost every signing when it comes to depth peices. So even if a Joshua etc. leaves, I have confidence they can find value replacements
Old 05-21-2024, 05:05 PM   #3984
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
so this explains #40's performance ... or lack of it.
I would say he got paid and packed it in... But TBH, he was trending downhill even before he signed the contract. Something happened after the all star break and he was just not the same again.

He will bounce back, but I'm not certain if this will be the last time he goes into this funk again. It sure wasn't his first time in his career.

He's Canucks property though, one of the best centermen this franchise has had, so there's no way management couldn't pay him for his potential/worth.

I don't know how it factors with the salary cap going up, but he literally will command the 5th highest caphit starting next season. So while you can technically say he was only a $7.35m player this season, he really needs to elevate next season.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 05-21-2024, 06:14 PM   #3985
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
waiting for the exit press conference when they announce who is banged up etc etc etc
Old 05-21-2024, 06:59 PM   #3986
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
At this rate, I'm not sure Myers is taking much of a pay cut, he did pretty well under Tocchet.

This was a great run, but at the same time I'm eager to see how management deals with the roster. We don't have enough cap space to keep everyone together, and definitely not some of the UFA who's going to want a lot of money. Hronek is rumoured to want 7+, Lindholm is going to want term and money, Dak hasn't said it but it's his payday.
For the first 4 years of his contract we couldn't wait to get his 6 million salary off the books but he really played pretty well this year. Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind him back at the right price but the right price will probably never be there but who knows. Stranger things have happened in free agency there tends to always be a couple guys who end up getting no offers and then eventually sign for less than they and perhaps others thought. Another off season and yet another moment where I don't envy the job of a GM. I can armchair GM all I want I don't know how to make this puzzle work.

On a different topic I am impressed with the Dallas Stars. What is this their 4th conference finals in 5 years? Or something along those lines? What's crazy is they've had a declining Benn and Seguin with about 19 mill on the books this entire time. Of course they had some amazing drafting, Hintz and Robertson were 2nd rounders. Wyatt Johnson I mean was a first rounder but a 23rd overall pick is looking to be a future star. The list goes on but kudos to them.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 05-21-2024, 07:00 PM   #3987
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,051 Times in 1,908 Posts
Whatever happened to Petey after the all-star break, mentally or physically, I hope he gets the help he needs so he can return to the Petey we all know and love

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
On a different topic I am impressed with the Dallas Stars. What is this their 4th conference finals in 5 years? Or something along those lines? What's crazy is they've had a declining Benn and Seguin with about 19 mill on the books this entire time. Of course they had some amazing drafting, Hintz and Robertson were 2nd rounders. Wyatt Johnson I mean was a first rounder but a 23rd overall pick is looking to be a future star. The list goes on but kudos to them.
It helps when your head coach has been to the conference finals 5 times in 6 years with 3 different teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 05-21-2024, 07:58 PM   #3988

There has been talk on the radio about Myers loving Vancouver and wanting to stay if possible. Maybe not if that means 1.5-2 mill less a year but we’ll see
Old 05-21-2024, 09:01 PM   #3989
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There has been talk on the radio about Myers loving Vancouver and wanting to stay if possible. Maybe not if that means 1.5-2 mill less a year but we’ll see
I love Vancouver too. I would move in a heartbeat for 1-2m a year for the next 4 years. Even if I already have a few million in the bank
Old 05-21-2024, 09:41 PM   #3990

His career earnings look to be about 40 mill, at some point earning 44 over a career and spending 8 years in Vancouver may appear more appealing than 48 million in Columbus or Utah
Old 05-21-2024, 09:44 PM   #3991
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
either way, Myers has real estate in BC. so him wnting to stay wont be a shocker
is he a 6mil player at 34? likely not

Is Tanev playing himself to be a 6mil player at 34? thats another question
Old 05-21-2024, 10:20 PM   #3992
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,148 Times in 1,221 Posts
Of the remaining teams, who do you want to win the Cup?

I'd be ok with either Edmonton or Dallas winning.

Dallas - first and only win was in 1999.

Edmonton - last win was in 1990. I think their fans have suffered enough, it would be nice to have the Cup come back to Canada, and there's no shame losing to the eventual champs.

Florida - trophy for the best ice hockey team does not belong in a place that never sees snow (yes, I was against VGK winning it)

NYR - fuck Messier
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 05-21-2024, 10:31 PM   #3993
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,962 Times in 952 Posts
Florida for Lu
Old 05-21-2024, 10:33 PM   #3994
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,446 Posts
Easily the Stars because Tanev. Also because of Robo because Asian.

Oilers fans don't deserve a cup.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 11:53 PM   #3995

McDavid is one of my all time favourite athletes, so I'm sorry to say I'll have to cheer for the Coilers. Their fans are the most obnoxious fans I've seen other than Browns fans, and man it'll be annoying if they win. But I want him to get a cup more than anyone other than the Canucks, so.... Dallas will be tough though.

I'll try to keep the cheering on the down low here

But sometimes I am just amazed by what he can do. I thought Miller did an amazing job of keeping him in check though!

On the other side I'll be cheering for the Rangers. Because fuck all Florida teams, and also I like Zibanejad
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2024, 04:28 AM   #3996
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,051 Times in 1,908 Posts
I predicted Dallas would win the cup when the playoffs started. So I'll be cheering for them. I never cheer for the team that eliminates the Canucks lol

I'm also a fan of Robo and yes it's because he's (half) Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 05-22-2024, 10:03 AM   #3997
I bringith the lowerballerith

Dallas for me. It will be good for Jamie Benn to get his cup. Local kid born and raised in Victoria BC.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:34 AM   #3998

Dallas V Florida seems like the best matchup entertainment wise
Old 05-22-2024, 10:43 AM   #3999
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Pure entertainment maybe Oilers vs Rangers for me.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 05-22-2024, 02:18 PM   #4000

Yeah Florida is a really boring grindy checking team more than ever. Rangers vs Oilers would be insane
Closed Thread