REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 10:29 AM   #4226
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,606 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
He had Crosby and Malkin in Pitts.

We have Petey and Kuzy, Mik, Lindholm, Hogs, and future Necas?
Kuzy?
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2024, 11:31 AM   #4227
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,569 Times in 1,733 Posts
Your thoughts on that Hockey Night in Canada panel member Luke Gadzic and his rant about us Canucks fans?

On the podcast, Gazdic, who had eight points and averaged 6:35 of ice time over his 147-game NHL career, said, "Canucks Twitter, you are an absolute joke, your team's a joke, you're a bunch of losers." Gazdic also said he hopes fans in Vancouver enjoy watching the Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final on television as well as watching him on Hockey Night in Canada. According to Gazdic, his rant was in response to Canucks fans flooding his social media with mentions and what he calls " the most garbage, gibberish trash he has ever seen

This Gadzic was a fringe NHL player at best. He played 136 games with the Coilers.

-really mean things to say about our team and us Canucks fans!

If he thinks that he can work on TV as an NHL analyst with such thin skin and a knee jerk reaction to Canucks fans comments on Canucks twitter, he is working in the wrong profession.

I would love to hear what Bieksa has to say about Gadzic's rant about the Canucks and the team's fans.

Come on Juice!

Apparently, Elliotte Freedman defended Gadzic haha.

Don Taylor of the Donnie and Dhali show slammed Gadzic's rant:

"This had a lot of venom to it. It was vicious," Taylor said of Gazdic's rant against Vancouver fans."And I just don't know if I can take him seriously anymore on a national level, knowing the way he feels. There's a bias there towards the Edmonton Oilers. I can't believe he's been in this business all that long... You can't be that thin-skinned."
Old 06-05-2024, 11:32 AM   #4228
I bringith the lowerballerith

Just listing the wingers for Petey. Previous and current. Kuzy had the most success with Petey.
Old 06-05-2024, 11:58 AM   #4229
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,219 Posts
Gadzic is just gonna get a warning from his bosses. I would be surprised if he got fired for his comments - that would just play into the "cancel culture".
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 06-05-2024, 12:12 PM   #4230
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
This long break between round 3 and 4 is so dumb.
Really changes things and takes out the "grind" that the playoffs is so known for.

Injured players are recovering, momentum and players are getting cold.
Is game 1 going to be like an preseason game?
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 06-05-2024, 12:37 PM   #4231
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,046 Times in 5,339 Posts
Yah if series goes 7 games, you're almost into JULY... they think anyone is watching hockey much past the beginning of June??
Old 06-05-2024, 12:40 PM   #4232
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,962 Times in 952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
This long break between round 3 and 4 is so dumb.
Really changes things and takes out the "grind" that the playoffs is so known for.

Injured players are recovering, momentum and players are getting cold.
Is game 1 going to be like an preseason game?
The league needs McDrai to rest as much as possible. Can't have them going in all banged up.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:24 PM   #4233
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,132 Times in 1,970 Posts
Gazdic ... what is he, 12 yrs old? If you can't shake off the crap on twitter/SM then stay the hell off of it. Who the hell takes thins from strangers personally ??!!
Old 06-05-2024, 02:14 PM   #4234
Performance Moderator

Yah what a weiner, guess what you say something about anything online, chances are 50% of the people aren't going to agree with you.

I thought he was a pretty decent analyst, but buddy needs to do some deep thinking if he's going to continue in this field.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 02:41 PM   #4235

Ron MacLean has been called worst online and inperson with the Don Cherry incident. lol.
Old 06-05-2024, 02:47 PM   #4236
Performance Moderator

My GF never really watched hockey until this playoffs because I was watching the Canucks and she got wrapped up in it.............. I had to tell her to ignore pretty much every single thing Ron MacLean said on the panel, it was borderline embarrassing... she was constantly like "What is this guy even talking about?" and I am like "I... I don't know... that's just how he is"
Old 06-05-2024, 03:11 PM   #4237
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,556 Times in 5,761 Posts
Ron McLean tries to fucking weave everything into some epic novel these days it’s so fucking annoying like k Ron we get it. The guy who trained McDavid grew up with a guy who farmed rubber for the pucks that were made in buttfuck Saskatchewan who also had a cousin who knew Gump Worsely who eventually knew the guy who invented the Zamboni

Like just stfu already
Old 06-05-2024, 05:26 PM   #4238

Thanked 31,506 Times in 7,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Your thoughts on that Hockey Night in Canada panel member Luke Gadzic and his rant about us Canucks fans?

On the podcast, Gazdic, who had eight points and averaged 6:35 of ice time over his 147-game NHL career, said, "Canucks Twitter, you are an absolute joke, your team's a joke, you're a bunch of losers." Gazdic also said he hopes fans in Vancouver enjoy watching the Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final on television as well as watching him on Hockey Night in Canada. According to Gazdic, his rant was in response to Canucks fans flooding his social media with mentions and what he calls " the most garbage, gibberish trash he has ever seen

This Gadzic was a fringe NHL player at best. He played 136 games with the Coilers.

-really mean things to say about our team and us Canucks fans!

If he thinks that he can work on TV as an NHL analyst with such thin skin and a knee jerk reaction to Canucks fans comments on Canucks twitter, he is working in the wrong profession.

I would love to hear what Bieksa has to say about Gadzic's rant about the Canucks and the team's fans.

Come on Juice!

Apparently, Elliotte Freedman defended Gadzic haha.

Don Taylor of the Donnie and Dhali show slammed Gadzic's rant:

"This had a lot of venom to it. It was vicious," Taylor said of Gazdic's rant against Vancouver fans."And I just don't know if I can take him seriously anymore on a national level, knowing the way he feels. There's a bias there towards the Edmonton Oilers. I can't believe he's been in this business all that long... You can't be that thin-skinned."
Listening to 90% of hockey fans these days this is the case. People don't know absolute shit about hockey, have never put on a pair of skates, and are the most opinionated, stupid, useless losers that don't shut the fuck up about anything they have no idea about.
He isn't wrong but he could have replaced canucks with any team name in the league, including the oilers. Reading the shit that these fucks that couldn't even skate backwards say about the performance of professional athletes is gross.
If anyone thinks it's that bad of a watch they should turn off their TV and go for a bike ride or something.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 05:50 PM   #4239
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,556 Times in 5,761 Posts
I think the issue most people have is a guy who was barely an NHLer, and a completely half ass one at that, is calling the Canucks as an organization garbage.

If he got that upset over twitter shit can’t wait till Edmonton loses, guy is gonna kill himseld
Old 06-05-2024, 06:08 PM   #4240

Thanked 31,506 Times in 7,268 Posts
It's just like the canucks radio guy crying about how oilers cheated somehow lol. All these nobodies have a wiener opinion about a teams fan base and it compounds into a bunch of idiots crying on the internet. Its like hockey is the new politics, or politics are the new hockey, or everyone just talks too much lol.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 06:40 PM   #4241

if he only responded to the haters, whatever. but why call the team a joke....? the organization, the team, and the players did nothing to him. someone who is supposed to be an analyst on a national broadcast should be able to keep things professional.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 06:53 PM   #4242
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
Why on earth would you let the haters know they got to you lol, that's like rule #1 when dealing with internet trolls. This guy might as well delete all his social media if Edmonton loses its gonna be a long summer for him.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 07:03 PM   #4243

Oilers should hire him to handle their twitter/social media accounts
Old 06-05-2024, 07:10 PM   #4244

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
if he only responded to the haters, whatever. but why call the team a joke....? the organization, the team, and the players did nothing to him. someone who is supposed to be an analyst on a national broadcast should be able to keep things professional.
I don't think anyone with hockey knowledge would consider the Canucks organization a joke. C'mon ... even the Canucks fanbase naysayers were impressed with the turn around this year. The improvement was significant, culture change was evident, and Tocchet got coach of the year. Gazdic's comment really revealed his own incompetence.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 07:41 PM   #4245
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,410 Times in 1,686 Posts
he also said we got "dusted" by the oilers lol. last i checked, a 7 game series means it was close
Spoiler!
Old 06-05-2024, 08:11 PM   #4246
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,158 Times in 391 Posts
Didn’t like Gazdic the first time I seen him on the panel, and he’s just showing his professionalism. Extreme Oiler bias, if I remember correctly he pretty much wrote the Canuck’s off before they even dropped the puck in round 2. He should pull Bieksa aside and and try to learn a thing or two about having a favourite team, but still have the ability to hold a neutral tone on air. Only good thing is most mediocre ex players don’t last very long on the Sportsnet panel.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:28 PM   #4247

or Tocchet can save this clip and if the Canucks face Edmonton in the playoffs again next season. Play this clip at the beginning of every single game. Could be used as motivation. Just like when Bruins made that rumor about the Canucks taking turns hoisting the cup and they came back to win the series.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2024, 09:10 PM   #4248
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
I dunno I kind of agree with him about the fans

Canucks and Oilers are probably the two worst fan bases after Bruins
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2024, 07:12 AM   #4249
Performance Moderator

Every team's fan base of any sport sucks if you dig thru twitter comments and YT comments and reddit threads.

EVERYONE sucks if you dig through any comments of any sort... a large % of the population, especially the ones you have time to sit there just commenting on shit, are dumb as bricks... they just have a way to actually get noticed or find a voice of some sort with social media now.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2024, 07:22 AM   #4250

Just leave this here ... should be a good reunion between Gazdic and Bieska. At least Bieska is fair ... his criticism was on the Edmonton media (which includes Gazdic!) and not general sweeping statements about organization/team. Meat - raw, dead, and dumb .

Closed Thread