REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-15-2023, 03:19 PM   #226
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,365 Times in 460 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
These seem like a decent deal for what it offers, especially when lightly optioned for <$100k before taxes. Would rather take a lightly-optioned one of these than a XC90 Recharge or RX450h+ Prime (or whatever Lexus call them).
X5 50e now qualifies for the US** PHEV rebate (3.5k for US sourced batteries, 3.5k for US assembly) but doesn't qualify for the Canadian rebate.
RX finally has tech us city bois look for (mostly self parking) but got a lot smaller in the new gen.
Advertisement

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 07:54 AM   #227
in the butt

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,286 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Why do i feel like i already posted this car, im getting o l d

07 Saturn Sky Redline

Price 15k 3 years ago

kms 90kms

the good
-Turbo is a riot to drive
-Once you tune it, the turbo is even more fun to drive. The psi went from 17-19 to 21-23
-Reliable for the 2 years that i had it
-Price to fun ratio is very high, would highly recommend it
-RWD

the bad
-negative trunk space
-do NOT do burnouts in this car
-manual soft top
-too much chrome
-qualifies as a "chicks" car along with its twin the pontiac solstice
-way too many god dam creaks, cracks, and ticks, took me years to find them all
-fobs are notorious for having the solder joints crack, this lead to the car not started due to the immobilizer not being picked up. Funny enough it also happened on the ferry terminal RIGHT AFTER i bought the thing (seller was a dishonest POS about multiple things). Ended up fixing a week later.

Not many side stories with this thing unfortunately.......

07 C6

Price i think i paid 17 or 19k for it 8 years ago (rebuilt)

kms 80k

the good
-Owning this car when i was in my early 20s felt like i won at life
-Im still alive
-Reliable (i did not own it for long)
-Port moody had many donut marks all summer long
-Bank account stayed empty from all the whistler drives me and my buddy went on, july/aug my gas bill was 700$ each (and this is my "weekend" car)

The bad
-cop magnet, was pulled over 4 times in the span of 3 months....
-milf magnet
-dilf magnet
-bland AF interior
-expensive oil changes
-transmission would always start to cook the center console area / shifter after long drives, was apparently normal
-did not come with an aux cable / bluetooth, good thing they sold an adapter for the siriusXM or some shit that i installed
-had a bad wheel bearing from the rebuilt title, WHOMP.WHOMP.WHOMP when above 90kmh, never fixed it....

Entertainment
Oh boy where do i begin

1. I swapped insurance from my prelude to the C6 over a long weekend or something, so i had one of those "paper" insurance forms.
-female cop pulls me over (kid driving a c6 - obviously stolen), tells me its uninsured and asks me if its "my car"......
-i tell her its insured, show her paperwork
-15 minutes later she comes back and tells me theres no insurance, and that i cant drive it home
-end up getting the car towed home, cant drive it all weekend (fuming as i just bought it)
-call insurance place on monday, yup, its insured, call the cop and give it to her over the phone, that she or her department needs to pay me the towing fees. She proceeds to get offended and say i cant talk to her like that / they will not pay the towing bill
-call her office and send them to tow bill instead
-they pay (oh waaaaw she was wrong)
-i feel good about myself (i like cops, but this chick was a dipshit)
-fast forward 2 weeks, the officer calls me again, asking why i was driving my prelude uninsured, i ask her on what date, she gives me some date, i look at my papers, tell her it was insured. Then i proceed to ask her what year, and sure enough, she was looking at the wrong year..... I proceed to ask her if she has any more stupid questions, she never calls me again. Dummy probably got in shit about the tow bill and took it on herself to dig into my file about any dirt she could find?

2. I picked my dad up in the car after i bought it, as i usually do with every car, so he can give me shit for spending money on bad life purchases lol
-we go for a drive, about half way thru, we are coasting in light traffic, and this dude in a lifted truck yells HAHA I WISH I LEARNED TO DRIVE IN THAT HAHAHAH
-i laugh and keep driving, its a very weird and rewarding feeling being insulted when in reality your overtime shifts paid off

3. I think i posted this story twice now on these forums but here it goes again
-i roll up to a 711, go inside, grab some garbage or drank, im waiting in line
-some chick behind me in her 30s, solid 4/10 is like "ooohh is that your corvette??? My kind of maaannnn"
-i laugh say yes, pay for my shit and leave
-as im walking up to my car, some kid across the parking lot yells "woah sick car dude!" or such, i say thank you and get in the car
-as im on my phone, the woman comes out, kid says to the woman "mom mom, did you see the sick car?!??"
Could have been porking that kids mom that night.....

4. My buddies face when i bought it
-i always mess around with my close friends when i buy cars, i never tell them, just end up meeting them, or saying "i wish i had that car" etc
-anyways, i tell my buddy lets go for a drive, we meet at a parking lot, he is expecting me to roll up in a prelude, i roll up infront of him, stop, and look at him in his car, the dude did not even register it for a good 10 seconds, his facial reaction was priceless
-he also recorded a video of him walking up to my car with me having a shit eating grin on my face

Point being, the C6 had way too many good stories / moments for the little time that ive owned it

-On the topic of point #4 above, my C7, i did the same thing.
-I went to my buddies place, met him outside, then we were walking back up the hill to go for a drive (he thought i still had my Sky)
-There was a 05 boxster parked infront of my car, i look at my buddy "you wanna go for a spin in my new sweet porschE?" as i start to walk over to the drivers side
-He responds "i dont think you would buy something like that...."
-I reply "Your right, i blew my entire bank account on this instead" click my c7 lights flash
-my buddies jaw hits the floor with the greatest scoff i have heard from him in a decade

Cars are so much more than a mode of transport, and thats exactly why im on these forums / burning holes in my bank account for priceless memories

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:16 AM   #228
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Cars are so much more than a mode of transport, and thats exactly why im on these forums / burning holes in my bank account for priceless memories
I think PeanutButter got a heart attack reading this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2024, 08:53 AM   #229
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,136 Times in 3,626 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
Excellent story.

However. You are of Eastern European ancestry. Technically, you are only allowed to buy and drive bmws. That’s it. Sorry. Dems the ropes.

And you’re only allowed to blast trance music out of it.

Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2024, 09:15 AM   #230
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,502 Times in 956 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
-call insurance place on monday, yup, its insured, call the cop and give it to her over the phone, that she or her department needs to pay me the towing fees. She proceeds to get offended and say i cant talk to her like that / they will not pay the towing bill
-call her office and send them to tow bill instead
-they pay (oh waaaaw she was wrong)
-i feel good about myself (i like cops, but this chick was a dipshit)
-fast forward 2 weeks, the officer calls me again, asking why i was driving my prelude uninsured, i ask her on what date, she gives me some date, i look at my papers, tell her it was insured. Then i proceed to ask her what year, and sure enough, she was looking at the wrong year..... I proceed to ask her if she has any more stupid questions, she never calls me again. Dummy probably got in shit about the tow bill and took it on herself to dig into my file about any dirt she could find?
At that point I'm filing complaints lol

Quote:
However. You are of Eastern European ancestry. Technically, you are only allowed to buy and drive bmws. That’s it. Sorry. Dems the ropes.
]
No he's only allowed corvettes, granted he buys some chunky new balances, black tank top and jean shorts.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 10:58 AM   #231
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
No he needs a white polo shirt - tucked in - and no flat brim caps.

Maybe that female cop was trying to pick you up - should have offered to have her drive you home.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 01:42 PM   #232

Yeah you should have donked her in da butt

Then vape a fat cloud afterwards.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:03 PM   #233
RabidMod

Thanked 1,343 Times in 484 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Why do i feel like i already posted this car, im getting o l d

07 Saturn Sky Redline

-do NOT do burnouts in this car
How come?
Old 01-24-2024, 08:58 PM   #234
in the butt

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,286 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
How come?
https://www.revscene.net/forums/6665...today-364.html

Spoiler!

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2024, 03:25 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
BMW X6: Premium Economy - who is this for?
⭐⭐
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE: this is gonna sound crazy ... a commentary on BMW ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The BMW beat me up after 700km .... I did 1000km in this and pulled up to the club at 2AM.

1) While the X6 is still settling into a bend on the highway, I'm on the throttle. The steering and chassis? Chef's kiss.

2) Smooth operator, smoooooooth operator: no more upset stomach that I got from the X6; no need for noise cancelling headphones at 145kmh unlike the X6.

3) It's play time - lift off oversteer? a little. confidence in the brakes? pedals' very stiff. Numbers say the X6 has more skidpad lateral grip but I know which I'd rather drive.

4) B58 this, B58 that.. meh - this is just as fast to the quarter mile with less lag thanks to electric assist. Even holds gears at redline.

5) AM (BMW Harmon Kardon distorting at mid volume) -----> FM (Base Alpine sound system)

6) Fancy enough for old money horse race people to compliment when I pulled up.

7) Dont' need a YouTube video to figure out iDrive 8. This makes sense to me.. and probably my parents too.

Cons? Some of the plastics below the beltline are still a lil cheap and I didn't get to try the night vision. Highway fuel economy isn't any better than the X6.

One has to wonder what the 500hp+ Hurricane inline 6 and brakes/tires the size of a Bavarian Beer Hall to match the X6M will do here.

Spec: Base model 4XE on Michelin Latitude LTX. 45 miles.
Leases: 400 a month w/ plug in hybrid credit.

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 03-22-2024 at 04:05 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2024, 03:51 PM   #236

Honda CR-V Hybrid: penalty box
⭐⭐⭐

On a rickety stool, I check the windows again.
Roll em up, my ears plead, the wind on a wild spree:
170 in the Jeep? Nah, we're just at 50.

7G Civic vibes, unseen potholes surprise.
The 8G too posh, slips from our routine.

The brake pedal? A sponge, no grace.
Worse than a Prius; no - that's not the right race.
Will this even stop or will it fold up in place?

Full throttle we go, stoplight to stoplight.
6.7 litres per hundred kilometers, I see.
Squinting out, I scream, "Jeep, set me free".

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2024, 04:06 PM   #237
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Jeep Grand Cherokee 4XE: this is gonna sound crazy ... a commentary on BMW ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
[...]
I got a Wagoneer in one LA trip and that thing drove like a dream on the highway. It wasn't a plug-in hybrid, but the Inline-6 had plenty of pep even with 5 people in the vehicle. Moving from a stop was a bit choppy but I think a hybrid or PHEV powertrain would've smoothed that out.

I'd still take a X7 over a Wagoneer or an X5 over the Grand Cherokee as my personal vehicle, but for a short rental experience the Jeep was quite nice.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:17 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
I got a Wagoneer in one LA trip and that thing drove like a dream on the highway. It wasn't a plug-in hybrid, but the Inline-6 had plenty of pep even with 5 people in the vehicle. Moving from a stop was a bit choppy but I think a hybrid or PHEV powertrain would've smoothed that out.

I'd still take a X7 over a Wagoneer or an X5 over the Grand Cherokee as my personal vehicle, but for a short rental experience the Jeep was quite nice.
IMO they nailed the ride/handling on the current gen Jeeps.

The BMWs I see kinda as luxury Toyotas - they're mostly functional but not that great. A used X7 for 40k's really hard to beat when a Sienna is more.

I'd personally go a bit more upmarket (Bentayga for 5 seater, Escalade V for the 7) or for an older G wagon if I had to spend 40.

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
Old 03-22-2024, 10:26 PM   #239
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,580 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
I'd personally go a bit more upmarket (Bentayga for 5 seater, Escalade V for the 7) or for an older G wagon if I had to spend 40.
A bit?! 40K -> 120K or 40K -> 150K

Bro what are you smoking

Also I'm shocked that an escalade is more expensive than a bentayga on the used market.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:44 PM   #240
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
I'll play.

2011 Audi S4 B8 DSG

Price Paid: $26g (September 2017 @ 75k kms)

From always daily driving $5g, $8g "pos" cars, i was itching for something Euro and "nice" so went out and bought it.

The Good:
-It looked expensive for what it was at the time - Got alot of "business must be good" when i first bought the car. Bruh, it costs as much as a new Honda Accord
-Power delivery was excellent. Instant take off, torque from the supercharged V6. Quick DSG Shifts
-Quattro AWD in snow was cool

thats about it lol

The Bad:
-Dual clutch transmission was jerky AF, it was to the point i learned how to drive in a very specific way of feathering the pedal at certain lower speeds just to avoid the jerk. This significantly got worse as mileage increased.
-Transmission rattled in revserse one day.. and it went away and never came back
-Transmission felt like it was going to blow up any minute
-Thermostat failed at 100k, left me stranded
-Was eating through decent amount of oil between oil changes
-Coolant level never stayed sturdy. It would slowly decrease within a year. Mechanics couldnt figure out why
-Has bluetooth for phone calling but not for audio streaming. How stupid
-Some control arm bushings failed after 120k, but thats minor
-I had the Standard sound system and it was absolutely horrendous. My 2006 Acura TL had better sound. B&O option is not much better either. I sat down in one that had it and was still dissapointed.
-Would RANDOMLY throw "parking brake malfunction" on display and would never show up again. Full of electrical surprises

Keep in mind, i am meticulous when it comes to staying on top of maintenance. Overall, after 3 years, i was more than happy to get rid of this junk. Sorry fellow B8 S4 owners, never again

Last edited by jpark; 03-23-2024 at 05:50 PM.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:57 PM   #241
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Thank you for the honest feedback.

Out of curiosity, how much mileage did you have on the car when you got rid of it? And would you buy another Audi?
Quote:
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:16 AM   #242

Thanked 2,868 Times in 1,312 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Acura is well known to have really high quality sound systems, their ELS is one of the best systems for the money. You'd have to get into the ridiculous 5k+ systems offered from the Germans to rival it.

All the other entry level HK or B&O or Bose or whatever, they are all terrible. The HK system in my M3 sounds bad.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2024, 07:06 PM   #243
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Thank you for the honest feedback.

Out of curiosity, how much mileage did you have on the car when you got rid of it? And would you buy another Audi?
135k! sold it in mid 2020 during the pandemic. Put 60k kms over the 3 years, Somewhat decent amount of driving considering I drive half of that now a days.
Supposedly the B9 generation has gotten alot better with the torque converter transmission and reliability. I'd buy another Audi, but only if it was a new lease with a warranty that i can ditch in a couple years. These are comfortable and fast disposable cars.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2024, 03:10 PM   #244

Quote:
IMO they nailed the ride/handling on the current gen Jeeps.

The BMWs I see kinda as luxury Toyotas - they're mostly functional but not that great. A used X7 for 40k's really hard to beat when a Sienna is more.

Yes and since MRSP is 155, looks like we can drive an Escalade V 10k miles for free or make 40k instantly: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...e=supplemental

Who wouldn't pay an extra 5 for a Bentayga at 70 when a newer X5/7 is 65:
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9An...y-bentayga-w12.

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
Old 04-04-2024, 09:08 AM   #245

2024 Lexus RX350 F(fail) Sport

I took my in-laws sc430 in for service and I got this loaner. 33km on the dial and basically minty fresh from the dealer.

The goods:
- it’s still very quiet inside. Little to no wind noise, no tire noise, nothing intrusive other than if you step on it.. more on that later
- active safety features are numerous and works quite well. Lane keep, lane centring, assistive driving, blind spot monitoring, etc. good stuff for the c Lai’s who drive this
- there’s a lot of storage in the center console and the new arm rest with the double hinged box is nice.
- stupid whale head looks better in this dark color. Rims are nice.

The bad:
- transmission. Not sure why they use this 8 speed instead of the 10 speed from the LC. It seems to hunt gears a lot even in eco. It doesn’t shift quickly and it’s not as smooth as a CVT. Literally the worst of all worlds
- the 4 banged turbo is a disaster. When you step on it, it feels completely lethargic and non responsive. There’s quite a bit of lag if you were going at 50kph in a high gear and you decided to step on it. It also sounds like you put a nickel in a paint can and then took it to a paint can shaker. Utter garbage.

https://youtu.be/SixfRgFRhjY?feature=shared

- electronic doors are mind blowingly stupid. Not sure why the need for this added complication when traditional door handle / latch system works so well. Now there’s a slight delay and in the winter time they’ve had issues where the electronic actuator freezes.
- the interior looks and feels cheap. The visibility is worse and the material choices are garbage. lots of this piano black plastic and terrible looking suede. Even in this F sport guise with the red accents, it looks way worse than previous gen. But the wife said she likes the interior.
- rear seats no longer able to move forward or back. Leg room in the rear seems less than my 2018 RX.
- the new Lexus infotainment is ugly. Yes the old trackpad sucked but this new one seems half baked and you can no longer do split screen.
- the capacitive touch buttons on the steer wheel is also incredibly distracting. They are slow to respond and you only’kmow
What you’re pressing by the HUD display. Makes no sense.

I guess in order to keep the price down and not have it at the X5 level they had to cheap out on shit. Considering majority of the safety features are standard I guess they had to cut corners somewhere.

Last edited by Badhobz; 04-04-2024 at 12:04 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2024, 09:39 AM   #246
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:

- transmission. Not sure why they use this 8 speed instead of the 10 speed from the LC. It seems to hunt gears a lot even in eco. It doesn’t shift quickly and it’s not as smooth as a CVT. Literally the worst of all worlds
Because the 10-speed is only set up for longitudinal (RWD based) use not transverse use (FWD based).

Guess what the RX350 is? FWD based.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2024, 09:40 AM   #247

Thanked 2,868 Times in 1,312 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
^ The 10sp is a RWD tranny, the RX is FWD, it won't fit.

Acura has a 10sp FWD tranny, but it's terrible as well. I don't think there's a modern FWD tranny that's particularly good unless you grab one of the DCT/DSG boxes from BMW/VW
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:41 AM   #248

If that’s the case than just throw in the lousy CVT. It beats this piece of shit 8 speed.
Still not sure how they messed up the transmission. My RX has the same 8 speed but it acts just like a normal 6 speed but with 2 additional over drive gears
Old 04-04-2024, 10:15 AM   #249
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
The sweet spot is the RX350H or if you are a weeabo RX450h+ cause it's made in Japan.
Proven hybrid design and can run on regular gas.

The RX500H sucks as shown by the tanking resale values.
noclue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 10:39 AM   #250
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,247 Times in 613 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
I actually have no idea... is RX also an 100K out the door driving away car now?

Or are they still in the reasonable 80K out the door for a decently loaded one?

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy