REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-19-2024, 07:59 AM   #326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Its call MCD seniors coffee

save 10 cents
Advertisement

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 08:56 AM   #327
I STILL don't get it

Failed 8 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
There are some days where I drive the M3 out and I think I'm too tired for this today.
Yeah ,I have the same feelings. My M2 makes me love my 4runner so much more. I was so sick of carting the kids around in the 4runner I had to get something else to throw them in. But now that I can switch I just love being able to smash over bumps and railroad tracks, etc. in the 4runner. Equally if I just have one of them I can go M2 and we rip around and not feel like we're about to tip over.
Old 06-19-2024, 09:18 AM   #328
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
We're just getting old, man .

The demographic on this forum is creeping up on 40, and NVH matters now. And really, the perception that the car is track-ready is more important than it actually being track ready.

It's about the experience, not about what it actually is. We won't remember our lap times at the end of our lives, but we sure will remember the good times from the drive, and being around good people.
+1 My criteria for my next car is air suspension, double pane acoustic glass and excellent NVH and audio. I used to scoff why people buy racing version of SUV's (X5M, Cayenne Turbo, GLE63 AMG etc) but now I understand they are super appealing for those that want it all in one car.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2024, 09:37 AM   #329
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
^thats my biggest complaint about my GTI. It’s quite harsh even on the most comfort setting. The road noise is significant coming from my Lexuseseseses
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 09:58 AM   #330
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,366 Times in 461 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
Huhhh I though the Mk7.5 GTI Autobahn I test drove was too quiet / soft, felt like a regular Golf but a little bit more power / slightly sharper.

Big fan of the Mk7R but man that supension gets a little harsh compared to the big RWD cars I'm used to

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 10:35 AM   #331

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
+1 My criteria for my next car is air suspension, double pane acoustic glass and excellent NVH and audio. I used to scoff why people buy racing version of SUV's (X5M, Cayenne Turbo, GLE63 AMG etc) but now I understand they are super appealing for those that want it all in one car.
Hi welcome to my X5 PHEV. No engine noise (not that you can hear it anyways even when it's on), air suspension, Bowers and Wilkins audio. I'll roll out a review once I drive it a bit more.

I did just drop it off at BMW service for a few minor things and came home in a VF8 Uber. The VF8 reminds me of a 2010 Hyundai in terms of NVH, interior materials, and suspension tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^thats my biggest complaint about my GTI. It’s quite harsh even on the most comfort setting. The road noise is significant coming from my Lexuseseseses
It's an economy car with a hot engine, it's supposed to be loud. I think it's not loud enough tbh.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2024, 12:52 PM   #332
RabidMod

Thanked 1,349 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Totally! And I think the noise thing is something ppl don't realize about hybrids: it feels that much more premium. The literal silence when stopped at an intersection, and cruising around at low speeds. And by the time the engine does come on at higher speeds, the road noise kinda covering it up.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:48 PM   #333
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Hi welcome to my X5 PHEV. No engine noise (not that you can hear it anyways even when it's on), air suspension, Bowers and Wilkins audio. I'll roll out a review once I drive it a bit more.
I wonder why they did a PHEV X5 and not a PHEV X7 since it would round out that product line nicely.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 07:22 PM   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
I wonder why they did a PHEV X5 and not a PHEV X7 since it would round out that product line nicely.
I think the battery in the trunk and the 6th and 7th seats occupy the same space.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2024, 10:02 PM   #335

Thanked 1,003 Times in 232 Posts
Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:

There are some days where I drive the M3 out and I think I'm too tired for this today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Yeah ,I have the same feelings. My M2 makes me love my 4runner so much more. I was so sick of carting the kids around in the 4runner I had to get something else to throw them in. But now that I can switch I just love being able to smash over bumps and railroad tracks, etc. in the 4runner. Equally if I just have one of them I can go M2 and we rip around and not feel like we're about to tip over.
am i the only asshole that thought to himself "fuck this cushy shit i need to get back into something uncomfy and inconvenient"
red kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2024, 11:00 PM   #336

That's why you have both
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2024, 09:03 AM   #337

I had my GTI for now 2 weeks and it really made me miss my MK7 Sportwagen.

I got her in 2017 from the same dealership and i leased her with 0.99% for 36 months and nothing down. Monthly it was like a hair over 400 bucks. i recall MSRP was 32k for the mid trim. No fancy LED lights, and no leather, but it came with the huge pano roof and pleather.

Me and tiny went car camping a few times (she only went once and then bitched non stop about how stupid that was) and i really loved this wagon. I was able to sleep comfortably inside it, moved a TV console/dresser with it, and it got great gas mileage.

Engine was a bit buzzy and tractor like downlow, but it had plenty of power from the EA888 1.8L engine. Never left like it was lacking power. if anything it felt faster than my current GTI due to 4motion + DSG. 4 motion was great in the snow too. Took that little sucker everywhere.

Only one time it got stuck when i highsided it on the beach and a Tacoma bro had to pull me out.

It had some typical VW issues though:

DSG lurched and jerked sometimes. it also would occasionally gear hunt. They said the shifts was suppose to be fast, but it never felt THAT much quicker than a traditional automatic from toyota.

That panoroofed leaked twice. First time they replaced the entire headliner and it was in the shop for 2 weeks. 2nd time they replaced the headliner again and tried to do something about these drain hoses that kept clogging up. Never fully solved it. Im sure it would have leaked some more after the warranty is up. It also failed to close one time too and i had to drive around for 2 day with the roof open.

Otherwise it was a good little car! when i returned her to the dealership i was initially going to buy her out even with the problems (sunroof, dsg) but then they offered me 4k cash to NOT buy it out and sell it to them as the buyout was something like 16k and they could have easily sold the car for 25k at that point.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2024, 10:05 AM   #338
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
I had both the MK7 in GTI and Alltrack forms and preferred the wagon. I didn't miss the HP difference and preferred the extra cargo capacity and ride height.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 10:20 AM   #339

ugh if they still made the alltrack, i would have bought that instead. Stupid non wagon buying north americans!!! dark's like why dont you just buy the RS6 wagon. im like that bitch is 140k!!!!!!!!! and still no manuel
Old 06-24-2024, 10:24 AM   #340
I STILL don't get it

Failed 8 Times in 7 Posts
Guess you just have to sign up for the M5 touring.
Old 06-24-2024, 12:26 PM   #341
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
I finally hit Executive status with National, so I got to take a look in the fancy section. Nothing actually looked that great so I grabbed an Audi Q3 thinking it should at least be a little better than the usual stuff I get. My one requirement was nothing with dark paint because it was 90F+ in Utah.

Overall it wasn't a bad vehicle but it had some odd quirks. The paddle shift felt really jerky on downshifts, especially into first, the stereo operation was a bit weird, the volume knob is by the passengers knee, etc. I imagine you'd get used to most of it, or learn to turn it off, if you actually owned one.

In the end it didn't feel noticeably fancier than a Hyundai apart from the stop-start being a little smoother. Audi doesn't have pricing on their website so idk what it costs but I wouldn't buy one. Guessing by the name and puny trunk it's supposed to be an entry level Audi? Not sure.

Hopefully next time I can find something better.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2024, 01:44 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I finally hit Executive status with National, so I got to take a look in the fancy section. Nothing actually looked that great so I grabbed an Audi Q3 thinking it should at least be a little better than the usual stuff I get. My one requirement was nothing with dark paint because it was 90F+ in Utah.

Overall it wasn't a bad vehicle but it had some odd quirks. The paddle shift felt really jerky on downshifts, especially into first, the stereo operation was a bit weird, the volume knob is by the passengers knee, etc. I imagine you'd get used to most of it, or learn to turn it off, if you actually owned one.

In the end it didn't feel noticeably fancier than a Hyundai apart from the stop-start being a little smoother. Audi doesn't have pricing on their website so idk what it costs but I wouldn't buy one. Guessing by the name and puny trunk it's supposed to be an entry level Audi? Not sure.

Hopefully next time I can find something better.
It's 50k+ CAD depending on options, inlaws were looking last year so I know how much it costs. Not a very compelling car for the price and hence you don't see a whole lot of them. None of the small SUVs from BMW/MB/Audi/Lexus are particularly good. The least bad amongst them would be the X1, and the Lexus UX stands out for having good fuel economy with the hybrid. I'm not sure why BMW decided to not bring the iX1 or a plugin trim to NA as it would take the one standout for Lexus away from it. I guess there's just not a market for a X1 approaching 70k as the AMG GLA35/A35 also sold very poorly with it's 70k pricetag.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2024, 01:46 PM   #343

Quote:
It's 50k+ CAD depending on options, inlaws were looking last year so I know how much it costs. Not a very compelling car for the price and hence you don't see a whole lot of them. None of the small SUVs from BMW/MB/Audi/Lexus are particularly good. The least bad amongst them would be the X1, and the Lexus UX stands out for having good fuel economy with the hybrid. I'm not sure why BMW decided to not bring the iX1 or a plugin trim to NA as it would take the one standout for Lexus away from it. I guess there's just not a market for a X1 approaching 70k as the AMG GLA35/A35 also sold very poorly with it's 70k pricetag.
Yeah the Q3 is really bad - the CX5 Turbo Signature is a lot better.
X1 drives like a proper car, GLC is ok too.

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
Old 06-24-2024, 01:49 PM   #344
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Q3 is an upbadged Taos, so it's pretty horrible tbh. Worst product in the Audi lineup.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 02:26 PM   #345

I rather have the Kona N lawl. That thing is hilarious
Old 06-24-2024, 05:22 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Q3 is an upbadged Taos, so it's pretty horrible tbh. Worst product in the Audi lineup.
Is it a Tiguan or a Taos?

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
Old 06-24-2024, 05:40 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I had my GTI for now 2 weeks and it really made me miss my MK7 Sportwagen.

Engine was a bit buzzy and tractor like downlow, but it had plenty of power from the EA888 1.8L engine. Never left like it was lacking power.

They said the shifts was suppose to be fast, but it never felt THAT much quicker than a traditional automatic from toyota.

That panoroofed leaked twice.
Yepppp had a Mk7 base model - the 1.8T feels like a V6 Accord in the smaller one. I thought it was just adequate in the large Sportwagen.

The cheaper non performance 6 speed DSG is slow yes

and yeah, early Mexico builds had endless roof leak issues

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
Old 06-24-2024, 09:15 PM   #348
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD View Post
Is it a Tiguan or a Taos?
Closer to Taos, Tiguan is larger.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2024, 05:23 PM   #349
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,538 Times in 577 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 25 Posts
Family had a FWD Comfortline trim Taos from Enterprise while our Tiguan was at the body shop.

I didn't know VW was capable of making something that bad. My Mk7.5 Golf has been excellent these past 7 years.
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023 (sold)

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT) (sold)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020 (sold)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 08:45 AM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Family had a FWD Comfortline trim Taos from Enterprise while our Tiguan was at the body shop.

I didn't know VW was capable of making something that bad. My Mk7.5 Golf has been excellent these past 7 years.
FWD is already the better one, the AWD has endless complaint about DCT jerkiness

Past:
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG