REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-19-2023, 09:01 PM   #176
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,579 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Holy shit. This thread started out great, and now it's just turned into a mid-life crisis thread. Some one at least post a Porsche or something so we can pretend it's some how related.
On my list of write ups to do:

2015 Honda Civic Touring
2002 BMW 330ci (E46)
2002 BMW M3 (E46)
1997 BMW M3 (E36)

And someone requested my quarter life crisis purchase write up of the 2018 Civic Type R but it's technically not a Past Time Car.... unless I jinx it lol

Oh and I guess maybe reviews of cars that I have extensive time in
Porsche Carrera 4 964
2018 VW Golf R (MK7.5)
2014 Audi B8.5 S4
2013 BMW 535i (520i) F10
2018 Civic Type R (not mine lol)
Advertisement
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2023, 09:34 PM   #177
RabidMod

Thanked 1,343 Times in 484 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
^ current ownership didn't stop Badhobz! Also if you've ever driven a GTI, I'd be curious to know how that compares to the Golf R.

And yeah I'm dragging my feet on a couple more too.
2008 VW GTI
2013 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
Old 10-19-2023, 10:32 PM   #178
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,003 Times in 232 Posts
Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
woah woah i didnt have it, i just borrowed it.

My piece of shit dad was too lazy to drive my mom to work. So everyone morning i drove her to work, then took the car to high school, then went to go pick her up at 4:30

I also stole it on weekends and evenings just to play burned CD-R's full of inital D music because the 4 speaker sound system was better than my walkmen
this was me too, except in a 95 corolla... and since we're reviewing pos

officially my dad's daily, unofficially mine when getting my L and when i had my N.
imagine a car owned by a chinese chef who smokes and takes his smoke breaks in his car. most of you may or may not know this but most chinese restaurants closes from 3-5. instead of driving back and forth he'll take naps in the car. now add the scent of chinese food, grease, oil, and cigarettes permanently infused into the headliner and cloth seats. this was my ride for a year. after 6 months of not having a daily my dad decided to help me out getting my own car. they paid for 3/4 of the celica under the condition i continue driving my mom.

power: 100hp, slow, struggles with more than 1 passenger.
handling: ??? no racing or spirited drives. i was super respectful as it wasnt my car and insurance was still under my dads name.
interior: pretty loaded, power windows, keyless entry, ac.
comfort: really comfy, i lowkey like cloth seats. ate up speedbumps.
reliability: old school legendary toyota, unlike modern toyotas... needed nothing other than oil change since day one of 15 year ownership. to be honest, im sure we missed alot of oil changes too. stock brakes and tires etc.

my only pic of this.... can u blame me? its a corolla... and not the cool kind lol

red kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2023, 10:51 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
^ current ownership didn't stop Badhobz! Also if you've ever driven a GTI, I'd be curious to know how that compares to the Golf R.

And yeah I'm dragging my feet on a couple more too.
2008 VW GTI
2013 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
always wanted one but cant justify paying more than msrp for a high km one
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2023, 03:35 AM   #180
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,136 Times in 3,626 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red kryptonite View Post
power: 100hp, slow, struggles with more than 1 passenger.
handling: ??? no racing or spirited drives. i was super respectful as it wasnt my car and insurance was still under my dads name.
interior: pretty loaded, power windows, keyless entry, ac.
comfort: really comfy, i lowkey like cloth seats. ate up speedbumps.
reliability: old school legendary toyota, unlike modern toyotas... needed nothing other than oil change since day one of 15 year ownership. to be honest, im sure we missed alot of oil changes too. stock brakes and tires etc.

my only pic of this.... can u blame me? its a corolla... and not the cool kind lol

That’s epic. That’s the ratrolla we couldn’t afford. Old man wanted his ratrolla in beige with gold emblems but the lease was too much.

I’m still sad they couldn’t swing for that one as I’m sure it would have saved them money in the long run. I also would have probably gotten laid earlier

That’s quite a collection of interesting cars you got there bro. First gen cayenne. Your family must be loaded. Plus I’m sure you eat well since your dad’s a chef. Nice ! (Can I come over?)

Wait a minute…… you only drove it for a year then you were driving that red dream machine to high school ?!?!?
Wowowowow
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2023, 06:40 AM   #181
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,707 Times in 1,579 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
^ current ownership didn't stop Badhobz!
Ah once I start writing a few, you'll understand why I'm reluctant on jinxing the current car lol

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2023, 06:43 AM   #182
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,277 Times in 4,630 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Those Corollas often have some of the most interesting stories!

I love how all three of the cars on his lot are Toyota, and then the combo breaker being the Cayenne. Definitely loaded.
Quote:
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2023, 07:40 AM   #183
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Practical Toyota, taller practical Toyota, sporty practical Toyota, Cayenne.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2023, 09:30 PM   #184

Quote:
That’s epic. That’s the ratrolla we couldn’t afford. Old man wanted his ratrolla in beige with gold emblems but the lease was too much.

I’m still sad they couldn’t swing for that one as I’m sure it would have saved them money in the long run. I also would have probably gotten laid earlier

That’s quite a collection of interesting cars you got there bro. First gen cayenne. Your family must be loaded. Plus I’m sure you eat well since your dad’s a chef. Nice ! (Can I come over?)
definitely not loaded, far from. both my parents are super hard working, along with good work ethics they were able to provide me a comfortable childhood and buy a few nice things.

yes i ate very well... every time i eat at a chinese restaurant i feel like a chump paying for inferior food.

Wait a minute…… you only drove it for a year then you were driving that red dream machine to high school ?!?!?
Wowowowow
not gonna lie, it was pretty sweet.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2023, 09:37 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Those Corollas often have some of the most interesting stories!

I love how all three of the cars on his lot are Toyota, and then the combo breaker being the Cayenne. Definitely loaded.
we like our toyotas lol theyre good bang for the buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Practical Toyota, taller practical Toyota, sporty practical Toyota, german toyota.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2023, 09:22 AM   #186
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,502 Times in 956 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Dayum, imagine having a Celica back in the day. I saw some old photos circulating the internet of ice1cube with S2000's / RSX Type S's in like 1999 - 2004.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2023, 09:56 AM   #187
RabidMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Dayum, imagine having a Celica back in the day. I saw some old photos circulating the internet of ice1cube with S2000's / RSX Type S's in like 1999 - 2004.
Yeah dude, the Celica GTS was my dream car in high school. I spent a lot of time on the Toyota configurator; sat in them at the dealership a couple times. I remember the interior looked and felt to me like it was out of a fighter jet cockpit.

Maybe one day. I guess this is why Bring A Trailer is such a big thing.
Old 10-21-2023, 09:58 AM   #188
in the butt

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,286 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Yeah dude, the Celica GTS was my dream car in high school. I spent a lot of time on the Toyota configurator; sat in them at the dealership a couple times. I remember the interior looked and felt to me like it was out of a fighter jet cockpit.

Maybe one day. I guess this is why Bring A Trailer is such a big thing.
When that day comes, buy a shitbox one instead locally, spend the rest of the money on a bigger motor and rimz, dawg

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2023, 06:40 PM   #189

1998 integra gsr turbo (fake race car, wannabe show car)

this got to be in the top 5 of my favorite cars ive owned. picked this up as a project car as i didnt want to throw money into a automatic celica. learnt how to comfortably drive stick in this car, and to this day i swear its my favorite driving manual. i dont know if i miss the car itself or the memories being in my early 20s with no financial responsibilities. a lot of good times with this thing. eventually a lot of electrical and tuned related gremlins surfaced and i was getting bored of the gsr. swapped the interior and wheels/suspension over to a ITR and straight traded a non running turbo gsr for a running ITR.

power: plenty, dont remember the exact number but it was in the high 2xx whp.
handling: torque steered like crazy. with a lot of "fake race car" mods it drove just like a stock ITR.
interior/NVH: very uncomfortable, super harsh ride and everything rattled. couldnt tell what was "normal" and what was broken. it was awesome, very race car like!!
exterior: to each their own i guess... no its not authentic mugen/jdm front end.
emotion: financial mistake, yes... regret? no way! theres something special about driving a highly modded car. i cant see myself ever doing this again but glad i did when i was younger.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:58 PM   #190

you went from that celica to this !? edit: nvm i read you didnt wanna throw money into an automatic celica

thats pretty baller

ps. it doesnt even look that RICEY in my eyes. maybe im getting old. The only super ricer parts are the front bumper and the spoiler, otherwise its pretty clean.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2023, 07:08 PM   #191

no i had both until i got rid of the celica for the evo x. i think u can see the teg on the street in the corolla post
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2023, 07:15 PM   #192

youre not allowed to have 2 hots cars at that age damnit!!! what the fuck.

Here i was driving around in a fucking sentra XE and fighting brown guys at KFC while you rolled around with a teg + celica.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2023, 08:08 PM   #193
RabidMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by red kryptonite View Post
1998 integra gsr turbo

Even your back seats were upholstered Bride, and they weren't even usable?! That's so baller holy shit.

Quote:
youre not allowed to have 2 hots cars at that age damnit!!! what the fuck.

Here i was driving around in a fucking sentra XE and fighting brown guys at KFC while you rolled around with a teg + celica.
You know what, one day a bunch of us should go ahead and buy that convertible 350z or whatever the heck it was that you always dreamt of ricing out. And we'll make a 24 Hrs of LeMons racecar (max $500 price cap) out of it. We'll do it up even better than red kryptonite's teg. Underglows, spinners, whistle tips, you name it. Then we take it to the track!
Old 11-13-2023, 08:10 PM   #194

i got the teg in my early 20s, didnt have them both in highschool.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:24 PM   #195

Quote:
Even your back seats were upholstered Bride, and they weren't even usable?! That's so baller holy shit.
like i said... fake race car, wannabe show car not gonna lie, it was pretty baller and period correct for the 2000s modding scene
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2023, 03:48 AM   #196

RENTAL REVIEW! RENTAL REVIEW! RENTAL REVIEW!!!!!

Genssisisisisisi g80 2.5T AWD

When the dude at the avis coutner told me BRO, ILL GIVE YOU A GENSISSSISISISIS. i had this look of disappointment on my face. Im like uhhh you got that 530i from last time? hes like nope, its in the shop for warranty repairs (typical). How about an nice Audi then? hes like nah, all taken. The only luxuobarge we have is the gensis or i can get you an SUV like an durango SRT (tempting!)

Anyways i decided to give kimchi luxury a try. I heard good things about it, it just didnt really like the styling. Although in this color w/ those wheels, its pretty decent looking. THat grille is friggin ridiculous though.

Driving around montreal this super long beast turns quite a few frenchie heads. I showed up to the port and the first thing those guys said to me was that im overpaid for what i do (no arguments there). We went out for dinner and the valet parked it out front. Pretty interesting considering last time i took in the 5 series and they moved it out of the way (peasant). I had a rando french hip hop looking dude stop at the intersection and take a picture of the car so i guess it passes the "cool" factor

The g80 drives smaller and more agile than its physical dimensions. The koreans did a good job with the suspension tuning and NVH. The downside is that 2.5T engine. Its pretty gutless and doesnt have adequate pull for something that large and heavy. Its also kinda laggy, so waiting for turbos to spool takes a while. When they do finally kick in, you get a amount of thrust, but then it dies off quite quickly and it never feels fast enough. 4 cylinder also sounds like garbage.

Interior is pretty good... the seats are supportive but i dislike the fact they dont have thigh extensions (on this lower trim). The heated seats are strong and likewise the cooled seats. The steering wheel heats up so damn hot you need gloves to operate it.
The 2 things i didnt like was this cheap plastic silver trim that goes across the dash and the unhappy emojie steering wheel ala S class mercedes.

The silver trim looks okay, just dont touch it. it feels like cheap 5 cent plastic instead of a metal alloy that its pretending to be.

Another annoying thing is spinny knobs that control the UI being the same size and shape as the gear selector spinny knob (also right next to each other). I dont know how many times i reached down instinctively and grabbed the wrong knob while trying to reverse. Seems idiotic design there.

The most impressive thing about this car is the tech involved. The user interface is takes a bit getting used to, but once you are familiar its good. Special praise goes to its lane keeping / lane tracing along with radar adaptive cruise. It can basically drive itself with this system on.

Last edited by Badhobz; 12-07-2023 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-07-2023, 07:33 AM   #197
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I haven't seen triangle front windows on a car in quite awhile!

What's your right hand doing that whole time?
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2023, 09:34 AM   #198
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,502 Times in 956 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
I have the lane keeping + lane steering in the Veloster N as well. I'm surprised that it can take all the turns from North Road back to Vancouver on Hwy 1 without your hands on the wheel. Don't think that was its purpose but it can do it lol.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2023, 12:14 PM   #199
I STILL don't get it

Failed 8 Times in 7 Posts
I talked my dad in to a 2020 G80 (Blue with the V6 Turbo). Looks better inside and out then the newer ones I think. I'm not sure why they changed is so dramatically.

Still, damn good car for the money. Sure it doesn't have the badge... but that's a plus as often as it's a negative it seems these days it seems.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:21 PM   #200
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
The 2.5 is unrefined. The 3.5 is a bit better.

Still not a patch on the B58 or even other German V6 (Audi/Merc).
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: