REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:19 PM   #226
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,852 Times in 5,909 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
I can’t have “conservative” ideas yet don’t want innocent people to be carpet bombed? Lol

I’d say the opposite is far worse, thinking you’re this all loving liberal than supporting Israel? Because Jewish people as a whole are veryyyyy left leaning right? Especially the ones most devout lol they are open to everything! Lol
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2023, 01:23 PM   #227
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
But you were out protesting Bush back in the 2000s when he was carpet bombing Afghans and Iraqis right?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:27 PM   #228

It’s all the same shit.

Deep down it’s not like I actually care about Palestinians. It’s terrible like all the rest but I don’t lose sleep over it. I’m more interested in why everyone supports Israel moreso than the plight of the Palestinians.

Just like I don’t really care about Ukraine etc. I just don’t pretend I do like so many others who don’t even have the most basic understanding of the situation
Old 10-17-2023, 01:36 PM   #229
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,218 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:53 PM   #230
linguistic ninja

I dunno man, out of all that list I probably have the least sympathy for the Palestinians. Not because I'm an Israeli supporter but just the historical context in which how they were given so many chances at peace (however imbalanced) but instead said: Nah fuck that, you die now!

Worse ones off were the Iraqis who literally did nothing wrong and were handed a shit sandwich for pissing off the wrong American family.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2023, 02:10 PM   #231
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,006 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
Yea I think it's the fact that what they are doing is no longer accepted anywhere in the world. Religion doesn't give you the right to kill children, innocent women, druggies at raves and treat women like animals. You dishonour family, stone to death for you!

And it's not an isolated incident either, it's like a 20000-40000 people army that has this belief. So what you don't take them down and let them attack you again on the 55th? 60th anniversary?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 06:00 PM   #232
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,579 Times in 3,561 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts

500 plus dead.

Last edited by Manic!; 10-17-2023 at 06:05 PM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2023, 06:41 PM   #233
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,315 Times in 2,073 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
So who's narrative do you believe? Israel hit the hospital because Hamas HQ is hiding underneath? Or, that it was missiles gone awry from Hamas Militants.

Is there any intelligence that can verify one or the other?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 06:43 PM   #234
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
So who's narrative do you believe? Israel hit the hospital because Hamas HQ is hiding underneath? Or, that it was missiles gone awry from Hamas Militants.

Is there any intelligence that can verify one or the other?
I don't know if it's true, but it's been reported forever that Hamas purposefully puts HQs near (or right inside) targets like these, for this exact reason. It's why they told them to vacate the area in the first place.

No idea if that is true. But I would believe that over IDF intentionally killing civilians for no tactical gain, when the world has their eye on them. I'd believe Russia intentionally hitting these targets before IDF doing it..

But again, I have no idea
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 10:32 PM   #235

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Latest is that there's evidence the hospital hit came from within Gaza.

Also the parking lot was hit, the hospital building is mainly intact.

Theories are that that's not an air-strike. Explosion due to cars, weapons, etc.

I do hope Israel didn't actually bomb the hospital, hamas base or not.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 03:21 AM   #236

So the hospital wasn't destroyed, 500 people didn't die, and the IDF wasn't even involved. Lots of cars in a parking lot were destroyed though.

Huh.

Western media is going to want to reconsider using a terrorist group as a reliable source of information.. Or maybe not..

Just remember when you hear something crazy, think to yourself "would it make sense for them to do this?". Would it make sense for them to blow up a hospital and kill 500 civilians? Probably not. Would a sane person do it? Probably not. Would insane terrorists or dictators do it? Probably

This goes to both Biden and Trudeau.

Edit: It's interesting to see how the NY Times headline changed over time. From "Israeli Strike" to "Strike" to "Blast". At least they made their source somewhat clear; it would be better if they attributed the source to Hamas, not "Palestinians"

Old 10-18-2023, 03:58 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You’re antisemitism is showing - skinnypupp
I usually don't reply to what looks like pure troll posts, but I'll just say, admonishing Israel for doing bad things is not anti-Semitic. Getting angry at unrelated "rich Jews" for no reason absolutely is.

I get that people are influenced easily by good talkers, and a lot of really rotten people these days are good talkers, so it is what it is.

But... I don't know what else to say.. Think about what you're saying when you automatically go after Jews for everything. It is really revealing.

Also: *your
Old 10-18-2023, 06:00 AM   #238

Ah the NY times.. owned and operated by… wait for it….a Jewish family?

People like you get triggered by these borderline conservative outlets owning media companies yet when nearly every single one of the companies people in North America watch for news are owned by Jewish families you don’t think there is bias in the reporting? Give me a break.
Old 10-18-2023, 06:03 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Ah the NY times.. owned and operated by… wait for it….a Jewish family?

People like you get triggered by these borderline conservative outlets owning media companies yet when nearly every single one of the companies people in North America watch for news are owned by Jewish families you don’t think there is bias in the reporting? Give me a break.
Edit: Nevermind. Just: is all
Old 10-18-2023, 06:08 AM   #240

Holy shit
Old 10-18-2023, 07:59 AM   #241
linguistic ninja

It's obviously AI generated. Clearly the Israelis destroyed the hospital on purpose and are now just using ChatGPT to create a fake hospital in it's place and just photoshopped a blackened parking lot....or something.

/s

Old 10-18-2023, 08:30 AM   #242
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I dunno man, out of all that list I probably have the least sympathy for the Palestinians. Not because I'm an Israeli supporter but just the historical context in which how they were given so many chances at peace (however imbalanced) but instead said: Nah fuck that, you die now!
You need to see it in a different context, you may not care about the people, but its the actions that happened.

Imagine you bought a house with land from a generational family, the generational family is long gone. Then some random day, a person from a different city pushes another family (with loose connection to the original generational family) into your house. Not into the basement, or into a suite with renta, they live in the house with you completely rent free, and then start claiming areas room by room. To the point where your own family is now living in a shack on the corner of the property. Then someone else from a different city all together, tells you you can find peace by giving away 75 percent of your land, and you won't live in persectution (which is not guaranteed). YOU yourself are the rightful owners of the property and you are told from some outside person that you need to give up most of your things that you hold near and dear.

It's really sad.

edit. i know this is really simplifying it, however its how I form my understanding and empathy.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 08:35 AM   #243

^^ so how do you feel about the natives? Who's the first to give their house back
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 08:46 AM   #244
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,948 Times in 1,820 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
You need to see it in a different context, you may not care about the people, but its the actions that happened.

Imagine you bought a house with land from a generational family, the generational family is long gone. Then some random day, a person from a different city pushes another family (with loose connection to the original generational family) into your house. Not into the basement, or into a suite with renta, they live in the house with you completely rent free, and then start claiming areas room by room. To the point where your own family is now living in a shack on the corner of the property. Then someone else from a different city all together, tells you you can find peace by giving away 75 percent of your land, and you won't live in persectution (which is not guaranteed). YOU yourself are the rightful owners of the property and you are told from some outside person that you need to give up most of your things that you hold near and dear.

It's really sad.

edit. i know this is really simplifying it, however its how I form my understanding and empathy.
The main issue with your analogy is that the palestinians never had control of that territory. They never "owned that house" (this is no different than how the Kurdish people were left without their own state after WW1). Israel and Palestinians fought a war over that fact in 1948. Palestinians lost, and in subsequent wars that followed.
Yes it's complex, but the notion that israel just illegally "took over their land" is not accurate at all.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 08:55 AM   #245
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post

It's really sad.

This has literally occurred almost everywhere since time immemorial. Especially in the new world and our own back yard. Thank god we are not experiencing terror attacks associated with the "Land Back" movement. Why is it the Palestinians are the only ones that have this chip on their shoulder and still taking up arms to this very day? Any out of all, why do they get disproportionate media attention? Could it be they're being used as pawns in a greater geo-political agendas by the Great Powers?

This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 09:10 AM   #246

Lol if they are so buddy buddy how come Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon didn't all take back their brother's then? No one wants your trash
Old 10-18-2023, 09:42 AM   #247
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ so how do you feel about the natives? Who's the first to give their house back
TBH I really feel for the natives all over the world, cultures and history lost forever.

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong because it is very complex, the use of people as collateral damage is horrifying, in any scale. The killing of innocent lives caught in crossfire is horrifying.

I'm just saying that that is where I get my empathy from.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 09:55 AM   #248

Yea but what about the 200 hostages that the Hamas took? So every time a group of people wants something it's ok for them to kill your people and take hostages? And say that you will publicly behead them? You can't let this slide, so next week they take 300 random hostages?
Old 10-18-2023, 11:47 AM   #249

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
That whole hospital fiasco is pure Spiderman meme to the fullest.

mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2023, 11:50 AM   #250

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
This whole thread is a pretty interesting microcosm of how much politics on this issue has changed, I'd say Trump has a lot to do with that.

In what world would you ever see people like Honda (conservative minded) take the side of Palestine? Back in the day if you were a Con/Neo-Con you would always take Israel's side on this topic.

On the flip side you're seeing lefties like Skinny falling on the Israeli end.

It's a fascinating change to old political dynamics.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: