REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-22-2023, 08:25 AM   #276
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,852 Times in 5,909 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
You're right... because we have not yet figured out how to tackle a problem at home, we should absolutely turn a blind eye to other problems elsewhere in the world. After all, nothing that happens anywhere globally could be more important than 12 blocks of the downtown Eastside.

As of a quick Google, over 10x as many Palestinians, and 5x as many Israelis have died in 2 weeks than all of 2022 in the DTES. And many are children, most are civilians, and presumably few are drug addicted.

Just STFU already.

-Mark
Lol yea because Canada of all places is in the position to play rescue for a conflict they don’t even understand. Canada can’t even sort its own basic problems out yet we’re suppose to deal with incredibly intricate problems like these?

Just throw more money at it, that will surely accomplish peace in the Middle East.
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2023, 08:30 AM   #277
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,006 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
^ wut money?
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2023, 09:52 AM   #278
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,580 Posts
Failed 102 Times in 64 Posts
Canada sometimes Reminds me of those reality shows where a couple is in financial trouble and get help and the host/person is shocked at their expenses which includes a sizeable regular donation when they’re in the verge of financial ruin

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2023, 11:19 AM   #279

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I think it's also worth highlighting that not only are the Palestinians being squeezed geographically, but because the Israelis literally control every part of their country, they are on a path back to the stone age from a financial and systemic standpoint with massive unemployment, unreliable food/water/power/fuel, etc.

I will be the first to say I did not have nearly the appreciation for the conditions that the Palestinians have lived in for the last years until this conflict gave me a reason to read and learn a bit more - it's pretty tough to see this and you can definitely see how this kind of world they live in gives rise to extremists because it probably feels pretty "we're on a one way ticket to nothing, so what have we got to lose?"

Which is of course, a terrible recipe for desperate, poorly thought out actions. It's awful, and 100% unacceptable for Hamas to murder innocent Israeli civillians and they are rightly condemned for it. But I also feel strongly that this is being used as a launchpad for the Israelis to take equally or more despicable actions that they've "wanted" to do for years, and this provides them cover to do. And that is what we all need to stand up against.

-Mark
This is 100% correct. Make no mistake, the current Israeli government is easily the most radical government they've had in place in quite a long time now. They have been waiting for this opportunity to level Gaza, and this is the perfect excuse for it.

You have to also listen to the way these Israeli officials describe Palestinians as "animals", I very much pay attention to the words used by these people. It's all very coded in a meticulous way.

Going back to the topic of land, what's so fascinating about Israel is that its government is primarily run and occupied by Ashkenazi Jews. These people aren't even Semites like the Palestinians, or "true" Israelites from that very region. Israelis and Palestinians are both Semitic people, they are essentially cousins to each other. One would wonder if peace would be better achieved if such radicals weren't running their country.

Just take a look at the current cabinet, it is a sea of European-faced Jews, they are the people that run the country, and that is a fact. If you look at it through that lens it becomes all the more clear the genocidal tendencies these people carry.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...-using-on-gaza

Israel is a major arms dealer and has a history of "testing" its newfound developed weaponry on the Palestinians before selling them on the world market.

https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/c...-arms-industry
https://truthout.org/audio/israels-t...rted-globally/

If you read about this stuff you truly see the direct parallels between how the Ashkenazi were treated by the German Nazis (even down to the experimentation of weapons) to how these same Ashkenazi treat the Palestinians.

It's dark stuff.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 02:15 PM   #280
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,315 Times in 2,073 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ often the tables are turned. The Jews who were oppressed at one time becomes the oppressor in the next generation.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 07:59 PM   #281

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ often the tables are turned. The Jews who were oppressed at one time becomes the oppressor in the next generation.
This is about as big of a generalization as saying all Palestinians are terrorists.

Also, Jews aren't the oppressors, it's Israelis. And it's a big stretch to say all 9 million Israelis are "oppressing". To somehow equate the holocaust to this is ignorant at best.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2023, 02:12 AM   #282

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
don't lie vancouver.... dont lie this isn't you right now.

Old 10-25-2023, 04:57 PM   #283

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Joe Biden is pissing me off. I'm shocked how much different a stance he's made on this whole issue as opposed to Obama's. He's showing his true neocon colors, it's almost as if nothing has changed since 9/11 with the US government's stance on this whole conflict, even to the behest of their own officials (many of which served in Obama's government).

Even State Department officials are stepping down due to him sending weapons to Israel with apparently more to follow (there is a huge inner battle going on between officials on these weapon commitments).

Why does Israel need more arms? They're already fighting a battle equivalent to me walking down the street to the nearest elementary school and picking a fist fight with a special needs student. It's fucking laughable.

It just shows more and more these old fuckers need to be voted out of government, whether Biden, Bibi, or any other of these crusty fucks making these foreign policy decisions.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2023, 05:34 PM   #284

Remember when everyone was saying Hamas isn’t Palestinians?

Well Netanyahu don’t give a fuck if Hezbolah represents Lebanon or not lol..

Quote:
Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a fresh warning to Hezbollah saying that if it goes to war with Israel “that would bring unimaginable devastation upon it and Lebanon.”
https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...55986-amp.html

This article outlines fairly well how completely fucked Gaza is:

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/1...tback-warning/

Quote:
The U.N. says about 1.4 million of Gaza’s 2.3 million residents are now internally displaced, with almost 600,000 crowded into U.N. shelters.
Quote:
Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah met Wednesday with top Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad officials in their first reported meeting since the war started. Such a meeting could signal coordination between the groups, as Hezbollah officials warned Israel against launching a ground offensive in Gaza.

Israeli military spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said Iran was helping Hamas, with intelligence and by “whipping up incitement against Israel across the world.” He said Iranian proxies were also operating against Israel from Iraq, Yemen and Lebanon.
Inb4 WW3 / 911 2.0
Old 10-25-2023, 08:54 PM   #285
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
The comparison between Hamas/Palestinians is not the same as Hezbollah/Lebanon. Pretty sure Netanyahu is saying devastation will be brought upon Lebanon as a country if Israel starts bombing the Hezbollah…
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 04:51 PM   #286

What other country would be allowed to kill Canadians at will?

https://beta.cp24.com/news/2023/10/26/1_6618202.html

Oh I forgot, they’re our “ally”

There’s almost 500 Canadians in West Bank and Gaza, how many would have to be killed before Canada has some balls to say something? 50?
Old 10-26-2023, 05:19 PM   #287
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
lol, as if you would have considered those guys Canadians a month ago

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2023, 09:34 PM   #288
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
lol right to claim of land... all land is free to take.

whoever the fuck can take the land, and hold it, has the right to claim it.

this has always been the way, and shall continue for all of eternity across the cosmos.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:46 AM   #289
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts

As always Mearsheimer lays it all out clear as day, first half Ukraine second half Israel
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2023, 04:34 PM   #290
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts

I'm guessing this is what Hamas really wanted to achieve. Shake the whole world.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:48 PM   #291
in the butt

Thanked 3,539 Times in 1,293 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Maybe a global ban on religion would solve these issues

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 05:07 PM   #292

Wiping out Hamas isn’t going to do shit. It’s just going to make the Islamic world which is growing substantially quicker than “western societies” fucking hateeeeeee Israel and their supporters.
Old 10-30-2023, 05:20 PM   #293
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,218 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
https://youtu.be/62FCVJycwSA

As always Mearsheimer lays it all out clear as day, first half Ukraine second half Israel
Fuck you america. The status quo of the post war era is dead.
Stop trying to police the world. Like this guy said, this whole Russia Ukraine war is because they pushed nato to Putins border.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-30-2023, 06:03 PM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Stop trying to police the world. Like this guy said, this whole Russia Ukraine war is because they pushed nato to Putins border.
They’re our ally bro! They must be right
Old 10-30-2023, 07:37 PM   #295
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,948 Times in 1,820 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Yeah, how dare people democratically decide the course of their country, and that course is to distance themselves from a corrupt totalitarian regime and plot a course for a better future with closer ties to the west. Sure didn't work for Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, , Lithuania, Bulgaria, Estonia, etc... We should totally let Russia have a piece, how dare we let Russia be upset!

Mearshimer's argument is so dumb because it ignores the actual will of the people in those countries. There's a reason they're all distancing themselves from Russia....
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 08:33 PM   #296
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
It's literally Putin's justification propaganda lol
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2023, 09:24 PM   #297
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,218 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Yeah, how dare people democratically decide the course of their country, and that course is to distance themselves from a corrupt totalitarian regime and plot a course for a better future with closer ties to the west. Sure didn't work for Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Latvia, , Lithuania, Bulgaria, Estonia, etc... We should totally let Russia have a piece, how dare we let Russia be upset!

Mearshimer's argument is so dumb because it ignores the actual will of the people in those countries. There's a reason they're all distancing themselves from Russia....
Not being in nato doesn’t mean they can’t be democratic or sovereign. I’m not sure why we shoved nato down the throats of these countries knowing full well it’s poking the angry ass Russian bear. Fuck Putin but also fuck this nato bullshit. This is exactly like the alliance systems of WWI. Going to entrap nations that have little or no interest in a European conflict.

Trump should have pulled the US out
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-30-2023, 10:07 PM   #298
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
It's not his argument he's just laying out the facts without all the propaganda from all sides, you just think the will of the people has a say in any of it, it never does, even in revolutions the powers that be push, encourage, manipulate the populace to their favour and it'll be a battle of sides to see who has the best manipulation skills and can control the most lemmings
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2023, 12:02 AM   #299
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
you just think the will of the people has a say in any of it, it never does
Hey now, sometimes you can get a month of success

Spoiler!
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:10 AM   #300
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 81 Times in 30 Posts

Last edited by Blueboy222; 08-09-2024 at 09:15 PM.
Blueboy222 is offline   Reply With Quote