REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-21-2023, 03:10 PM   #426
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/gov-t-...2024-1.6697076

Here we go again. Those Syrians worked out real fucking well last time. Let’s do more of this.
Where’s my batch of Ukrainian women ?!!!!
They're here, they just usually blend in as WASP-y blonde sorority types. But once they open their mouths you know.

Don't worry Hondaracer is going to open up his basement suites to 4 or 5 of these Gazans right? riiight?
Advertisement

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2023, 03:16 PM   #427
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,852 Times in 5,909 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
My dad’s company (large corpo American) hired 2 Ukrainian refugees recently, met them both at a house party, kind, hard working people.

I’d rather not have people who adamantly oppose my way of life living with me though. I’m kinda confused.. now we’re housing and cutting visas for the enemies of our AlLiES?

In b4 next Boston bombing?
Old 12-21-2023, 03:22 PM   #428
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,624 Times in 4,325 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
My job interviewed a number of new Ukrainians that just landed a week before. They do seem like they are good hard working people. Wanting to come here and start a life by getting a job and working like most new Canadians should. It seems like a large group of other new Canadians want to get free money from our government and want an easy life which is not ok in my books.

I have nothing against the Palestine people but I find it scary that there could be a good chance they are coming here to force their beliefs on us and have other ulterior motives which I so hope isn't the case.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 03:24 PM   #429

It’s not only that, none of them WANT to be here. But it’s better than 20 members of your family being crushed by rubble.

Hey, it’s what Canada wanted. (The rubble I mean)
Old 12-21-2023, 03:27 PM   #430
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,624 Times in 4,325 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
Which I don't understand, you come to a country that you don't want to be in? If that's the case you should stay home and fight but sadly they ran away with their tail between their legs. They should be happy they have a chance to live and not worry about getting bombed and dying.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:21 PM   #431
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Which I don't understand, you come to a country that you don't want to be in? If that's the case you should stay home and fight but sadly they ran away with their tail between their legs. They should be happy they have a chance to live and not worry about getting bombed and dying.
This is a stupid argument - if my asshole neighbour sets my house on fire and I have no choice but to go to Motel 6, I'll probably be thankful the first 2 nights. But after that I think I have a right to complain about the pubic hair underneath my pillow that smells like cigarettes.

These people literally had their lives bombed and you blame them for running away to wherever they could at the moment. Smh.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2024, 12:06 AM   #432
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Iran’s president, foreign minister and others found dead at helicopter crash site

Iran's president dead, along with their foreign minister who was imminently going to replace him

No word on how it crashed, but it's 30 year old helicopter which was guaranteed to be severely badly maintained
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:47 AM   #433
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
The Bell 212 is a really robust and reliable aircraft with massive availability of parts due to its widespread use (I've flown one, and the B412). They were flying in strong winds, heavy rain, and low visibility mist/fog in mountainous terrain. This was a Kobe Bryant scenario: poor pilot decision making.

Last edited by JDął; 05-20-2024 at 10:53 AM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2024, 11:41 AM   #434

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
^Kobe!

EDIT: Beat me to it
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 11:44 AM   #435
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,579 Times in 3,561 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
My job interviewed a number of new Ukrainians that just landed a week before. They do seem like they are good hard working people. Wanting to come here and start a life by getting a job and working like most new Canadians should. It seems like a large group of other new Canadians want to get free money from our government and want an easy life which is not ok in my books.

I have nothing against the Palestine people but I find it scary that there could be a good chance they are coming here to force their beliefs on us and have other ulterior motives which I so hope isn't the case.
Bitch please. My employee from India just paid 24k for his next semester at VIU. He works his ass off and is one of the best employees we have ever had. I don't see many people from India without jobs. most are working more than one.

As for the beliefs of people from Palestine. Hard right Muslims and cons share the same beliefs. All these trad wife losers want a women that's a SHAM, dresses modestly, and is a virgin before marriage. Lines right up with what hard right Muslims believe.

Boiler Room set from Palestine. 5 years ago.

Old 05-20-2024, 01:25 PM   #436
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,218 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Bitch please. My employee from India just paid 24k for his next semester at VIU. He works his ass off and is one of the best employees we have ever had. I don't see many people from India without jobs. most are working more than one.

As for the beliefs of people from Palestine. Hard right Muslims and cons share the same beliefs. All these trad wife losers want a women that's a SHAM, dresses modestly, and is a virgin before marriage. Lines right up with what hard right Muslims believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9VYKrtziSg
Oh for sure brown people work hard. That’s why they’ve filled all the jobs us lazy ass Canadians won’t do. Like berry picking, ghetto construction jobs, labor positions and agricultural work.

Without them, this country wouldn’t run.

I don’t know if these other immigrant groups would be as inclined to work like this while shacking up 10 into a 1 bedroom, but that’s their competition. I tip my hat to you gurpreet, you fucking hero you
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 01:44 PM   #437

Image being 20 and living at home. Someone offers you a job at a ski resort in the Swiss alps. the only downside is you would have to live with 5 other dudes in a one bedroom. Would you take it?
Old 05-20-2024, 02:27 PM   #438

Quote:
Image being 20 and living at home. Someone offers you a job at a ski resort in the Swiss alps. the only downside is you would have to live with 5 other dudes in a one bedroom. Would you take it?
Your justifications for turning everything into the 3rd world are gross/hilarious.

Countries like Switzerland aren’t forced to use 3rd world unskilled labour because they value their citizens and have created a society where they can rely on their own citizens to staff jobs people view as below them etc.

Here in Canada we blew our loud at the expense of a few, and now we have 30 guys living in a basement suite so we can have a tim hortons every other block.

Canada shot itself in the foot and now even Turd, the Indian guys biggest advocate is having regrets about the paths they took.

When I was in Switzerland the cashier as a tiny grocery store spoke German, French, and Mandarin. They are skilled people working unskilled jobs because they’ve incentivized an economy where people feel valued working them.

Here you see the guy working behind the counter of a Tim’s or Wendy’s and think who is this fucking loser
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-20-2024, 03:55 PM   #439

Quote:
I dont know how to ski, so for me its no bueno

What? we were too poor growing up to learn these leisure activities.

We only got leisure activity learnings that were free or basically free..

swimming (free pool days on tuesdays, and uhhh saturday i believe)
bicycling (got a bike from value village)

and thats about it....
Old 05-20-2024, 04:17 PM   #440
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
The Bell 212 is a really robust and reliable aircraft with massive availability of parts due to its widespread use (I've flown one, and the B412). They were flying in strong winds, heavy rain, and low visibility mist/fog in mountainous terrain. This was a Kobe Bryant scenario: poor pilot decision making.
Always appreciate when you share your knowledge
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2024, 05:05 PM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Your justifications for turning everything into the 3rd world are gross/hilarious.

Countries like Switzerland aren’t forced to use 3rd world unskilled labour because they value their citizens and have created a society where they can rely on their own citizens to staff jobs people view as below them etc.

Here in Canada we blew our loud at the expense of a few, and now we have 30 guys living in a basement suite so we can have a tim hortons every other block.

Canada shot itself in the foot and now even Turd, the Indian guys biggest advocate is having regrets about the paths they took.

When I was in Switzerland the cashier as a tiny grocery store spoke German, French, and Mandarin. They are skilled people working unskilled jobs because they’ve incentivized an economy where people feel valued working them.

Here you see the guy working behind the counter of a Tim’s or Wendy’s and think who is this fucking loser
You missed the whole point of my post.

FYI: both our employees can speak and write 3 languages. One graduated from university in India the other is going to VIU.

How many languages do you speak and write and what university did you graduate from?
Old 05-20-2024, 05:07 PM   #442

Yeah but that’s moot bro….. jagmeet can speak and write 3 languages (probably with a huge fucking accent on the Engrish) but he still works at your gas station for minimal wage ?

I don’t care if Honda is a high school drop out, he’s still doing better than sunjeet there.

Just saying…. They might work hard but it’s a friggin uphill battle if you ain’t from around here.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:20 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Yeah but that’s moot bro….. jagmeet can speak and write 3 languages (probably with a huge fucking accent on the Engrish) but he still works at your gas station for minimal wage ?

I don’t care if Honda is a high school drop out, he’s still doing better than sunjeet there.

Just saying…. They might work hard but it’s a friggin uphill battle if you ain’t from around here.
Doing better for now. The older employee just bought a house with her husband. A lot of Indians you see working at tims or walmart are overqualified for that job but that's all they can get as new immigrants.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:55 PM   #444
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Isn't that typical for immigrants? They work their ass off so they can give their family a better life. The only issue is working hard these days doesn't pay off the same as it did back in the 80's/90's.

That being said, I would take hard work over talent any day of the week. You can't teach hard work.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2024, 11:38 PM   #445

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,006 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
^ work smart not hard
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 01:00 PM   #446
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:

$24K for a semester at Malaspina College????

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 01:02 PM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
$24K for a semester at Malaspina College????
International students pay 3x what Canadians do.
Old 05-21-2024, 02:11 PM   #448
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
$8K for a semester at Malaspina College????

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2024, 02:32 PM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
$8K for a semester at Malaspina College????
I will ask him again. Maybe it was 24k for the year.
Old 05-21-2024, 02:35 PM   #450

I drove by langara today and thought this was comical