REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-11-2023, 08:20 AM   #76
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,766 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So you donÂ’t think those people have influence over govt and media? Lol

IÂ’m not some conspiracy theorist but look at that list lol like OBVIOUSLY all those people have huge pull
-not saying that the right wing people such as the Freedom Convoy leaders do not have influence over government and media.

I am arguing that rich Jews in government and media/entertainment have way more influence in government and media than your average joe in a trucker convoy who protested in Ottawa.

For example, Tamara Lich and Chris Barber, the defendants in their criminal trial for allegedly orchestrating the Freedom Convoy, would have influence on people. They are back in court this week.

Tamara and Chris may not have a Get out of Jail free card and the deep pockets to hire good lawyers unlike a rich Jewish person with political power.
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2023, 09:00 AM   #77
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,942 Times in 5,653 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
So what are you trying to say?

All Jewish people are rich and powerful? Or get away with stuff?

Why do you need to say rich JEWISH person with political power. Why not just say rich person? Why do you need the cultural identifier?

Just sounds like a bunch of generalizations or stereotypes to me.

Here's some you've probably heard in 604: "Rich China people" "White guy CEO" "Cheap East Indian"

What do those all sound like to you?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:14 AM   #78
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,852 Times in 5,909 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Because it’s relevant to this conflict?

I’m not talking about Nigerians in this conflict between Israel and Palestine?

I’m also saying for our “ally’s” is acceptable to siege a city of 2 million + people which is obviously completely heinous and it would -never- fly if our “ally’s” in somewhere like Poland etc. would try anything close to this.

So to rephrase it lol.. “people” involved in this have influence and power in such a way that their own atrocities are ignored because it would set bad blood among people who have political influence and power and rely on their support for their own personal gain/power.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 10-11-2023 at 09:23 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:29 AM   #79
in the butt

Thanked 3,539 Times in 1,293 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:

I’m not some conspiracy theorist

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2023, 09:43 AM   #80
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,942 Times in 5,653 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Because it’s relevant to this conflict?

I’m not talking about Nigerians in this conflict between Israel and Palestine?

I’m also saying for our “ally’s” is acceptable to siege a city of 2 million + people which is obviously completely heinous and it would -never- fly if our “ally’s” in somewhere like Poland etc. would try anything close to this.

So to rephrase it lol.. “people” involved in this have influence and power in such a way that their own atrocities are ignored because it would set bad blood among people who have political influence and power and rely on their support for their own personal gain/power.
I was talking to pastarocket in this instance haha
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 09:56 AM   #81

Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,766 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
So what are you trying to say?

All Jewish people are rich and powerful? Or get away with stuff?

Why do you need to say rich JEWISH person with political power. Why not just say rich person? Why do you need the cultural identifier?

Just sounds like a bunch of generalizations or stereotypes to me.

Here's some you've probably heard in 604: "Rich China people" "White guy CEO" "Cheap East Indian"

What do those all sound like to you?
Yup. 100 percent. It's an age old stereotype.

Guilty as charged.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:22 AM   #82
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
WTF are you guys arguing about?

This is what sucks about modern warfare, the amount of misinformation in this conflict, as well as Ukraine is insane.

Either way Israel is going to invade for sure and kill a fuckload of people, they have been chopping at the bit to do so, they finally have their chance.

I've heard people even theorize that they even "let" this happen. I don't want to believe that, but if you want to tinfoil, have at it.

It'll be interesting how this whole thing ends, however it does, we will likely see some kind of final resolution to this whole conflict, and it probably won't be a 2-state solution.

I'm pretty sick of seeing celebrities decry how they stand with Israel just as much as I'm seeing blue haired cunts posting about standing with Palestine. Everyone suddenly becomes a Middle East expert in the span of 2 days.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 10:28 AM   #83

Don’t you dare try to be the voice of reason! Lol
Old 10-11-2023, 11:09 AM   #84

That theory of Israel allowing it to happen is interesting. I watched an interview from an Israeli and he said this was basically Israel’s 9/11 in terms of missed intelligence
Old 10-11-2023, 11:12 AM   #85

Thanked 10,218 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
That theory of Israel allowing it to happen is interesting.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2023, 11:13 AM   #86

Obviously I knew that was coming but Mike brought it up lol
Old 10-11-2023, 11:15 AM   #87

i blame mike for all my inadequacies too.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2023, 11:19 AM   #88

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
So let’s get ya to think a little critically once again and get passed why Canada/USA supports Israel. Israel has nothing to offer in terms of contributions laterally. If Canada or the US were ever in a similar position Israel would do -nothing- Israel’s GDP is that of some African nations, they don’t have resources, they keep their R&D in house, etc etc. what a great “Ally”

So besides the very important aspects which you somehow perceive as “anti-Semitic” it boils down to the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Israel is the USA’s back door to the Middle East, all the while their own outbursts and land grabs are akin to Russia VS Ukraine, Israel does it to scary muslims living in rubble so it’s accepted by the western world.

If you don’t think the power, wealth, and influence, Jewish people have the world over isn’t a reason that western society backs them, you’re just being obtuse.

It’s also quite funny there’s so much “support” for Israel when their current govt. is about as hard right as you can possibly get. And Really deep down they are preaching ethnic purity. But hey, that’s ok it’s not really effecting us and those people look white to me? *shrugs*
You kinda answered your own question there. The reason Israel is an ally is not because of their material wealth, but because they are a strategic partner in a geographical location in decades of unrest, AND they have powerful influential people across the world. I mean, that's a pretty good candidate for an ally.

Palestinians are obviously not all Hamas. But it is undeniable that there are Palestinian supporters of Hamas, and all Hamas are Palestinians. It's obviously not black and white, but it's also not unfair to call it like it is. Weren't you the one not standing for PC bullshit?

Lastly, left/right in Israel is not really what you think of left/right in Canada or even the US. This is an instance where you shouldn't pretend to be an expert in Middle East affairs because you watched a 8 minute youtube video.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2023, 11:25 AM   #89

You could spend a week learning everything you could about this conflict and you still wouldn’t scratch the surface

That’s why this is more discussion than anything, I’ve never pretended to be an expert on anything but with stuff like this I at least try to find objective information
Old 10-11-2023, 11:31 AM   #90

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...el-2023-10-09/

Hamas is now "open for a truce". Either they now realized they bit off more than they could chew (which is unreasonable since their end goal seems to be scorched Earth), OR they were promised support from Iran/Qatar/et al., which has disappeared since they were caught beheading babies.

The US has sent two Strike Groups to the ME
https://www.centcom.mil/MEDIA/PRESS-...terranean-sea/

Pretty cool
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 01:43 PM   #91
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
WTF are you guys arguing about?

This is what sucks about modern warfare, the amount of misinformation in this conflict, as well as Ukraine is insane.

Either way Israel is going to invade for sure and kill a fuckload of people, they have been chopping at the bit to do so, they finally have their chance.

I've heard people even theorize that they even "let" this happen. I don't want to believe that, but if you want to tinfoil, have at it.

It'll be interesting how this whole thing ends, however it does, we will likely see some kind of final resolution to this whole conflict, and it probably won't be a 2-state solution.

I'm pretty sick of seeing celebrities decry how they stand with Israel just as much as I'm seeing blue haired cunts posting about standing with Palestine. Everyone suddenly becomes a Middle East expert in the span of 2 days.
I'm not really arguing about anything regarding the conflict. I don't know!

The issue I have is when barely veiled anti-Semitism is the first thing a certain type of person goes straight toward when something like this happens. With no delay whatsoever, it's just "The rich Jews have all the power!"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-11-2023, 01:58 PM   #92

That’s people response to everything.

_____ have everything
- males
- white
- Jews
- rich people
- etc etc
Old 10-11-2023, 02:18 PM   #93

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,006 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
Yea I'm sure even their alah friends won't support chopping off heads and arms of babies. Not a good look. I don't know why Lebanon, Syria got into this but I'm sure Iran has something to do with it. But I doubt they want to have a full blown middle East war. Cuz last time I heard Lebanon and Syria wasn't doing too good.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 02:55 PM   #94
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
So Honda would it have been ok if people started parading around Robson Square with Saudi and Afghan flags on Sept 12, 2001?

You thought (think) 9/11 was an inside job right? right?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 03:12 PM   #95

No and no?

Although I guess that’s where we’re at in Canada with “religious freedom” and whatnot
Old 10-11-2023, 03:31 PM   #96
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,579 Times in 3,561 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
The Gaza strip boarder is 41 KM long. How did Israel not have that whole boarder covered? There is now way they should have been able to get into Israel so easy.

There is some talk trump may have leaked some info on the Iron done to Russia and they gave that info to Iran and they passed it on to Hamas.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...attack-1833094

Ability of Hamas to evade Israel?s Iron Dome defenses points to possible intel leak from Trump to Russia | Milwaukee Independent
Old 10-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The Gaza strip boarder is 41 KM long. How did Israel not have that whole boarder covered? There is now way they should have been able to get into Israel so easy.

There is some talk trump may have leaked some info on the Iron done to Russia and they gave that info to Iran and they passed it on to Hamas.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...attack-1833094

Ability of Hamas to evade Israel?s Iron Dome defenses points to possible intel leak from Trump to Russia | Milwaukee Independent

Is there a country that is more concerned with internal security than Israel? From airport security checks to the decades and decades of pro-active security measures. Not to mention Hamas being able to gather arms and mobilize in a fashion that ended with this

Again, not into conspiracy theories etc and I guess this is one of them but I find it interesting they were able to so effectively come into Israel with little to no opposition. On top of that they seemingly controlled entire neighborhoods for extended periods of time and were able to kidnap people and return to Gaza?

Pretty crazy
Old 10-11-2023, 04:37 PM   #98
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
When I crossed into Israel from Jordan they held and questioned me for hours because I (a Chinese guy) had a parent that was born in a Muslim-majority country. They asked for phone numbers of relatives still there, If I ever visited and dates of when I visited. When I told them I didn't have any contact info they finally relented after they went through all my contacts on my phone.

But....the people that did the "interrogating", they were all kids! I mean no more than 25 y.o. and nearly all female. This was at the southern border along the red sea popular with tourists so I assume they deemed it lower risk. At Tel Aviv airport upon my departure I had my luggage unpacked by a more intimidating security officer but was very cordial was probably better trained.

I suspect there was some complacency with Gaza having been "abandoned" back in 2005 and surrounding a pretty sparsely populated area. And really, what else could they have done when they basically Zerg-rushed a random area of desert and sparsely populated small towns?

The world's most powerful country can't stop a bunch of Latin Americans from crossing their southern border, what chance does a nation of 9 million have against 2 million (400 million, really) who are actively and rabidly trying to kill them and being armed by Russia/Iran/Qatar, digging tunnels, flying drones, etc.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 10-11-2023 at 04:59 PM.
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2023, 04:48 PM   #99

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,006 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
Yea I'm surprised they were able to get caught with their pants down like this, and it took them like 12+ hours to get the military to do something? Dishonour da family. Considering they are probably the most paranoid country behind USA of getting invaded. They were the first in the world to offer vaccines to their people. Where's all the hot blonde military girls.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 05:09 PM   #100
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,596 Times in 4,950 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Hot blonde, Jewish chicks................... pics, please.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote