REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2023, 04:10 PM   #126
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,852 Times in 5,909 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
But you’ll believe it’s true if enough ppl say it is
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2023, 04:15 PM   #127
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Yes, if there are enough credible reports, it should be believed.

You are trying so hard to come at me that you are making a fool of yourself..

I say dumb things you can go after quite often, just wait for that lol. You don't have to make them up!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2023, 04:27 PM   #128
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,596 Times in 4,950 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Fuck, I don't know what to believe anymore...
That's just it, you can't believe anything you hear in the news these days.

I fell out of my chair when one day when I heard local media sources wanted access to police info that was been deemed sensitive. Are you fucking kidding me? You asswipes will take any story and spin it to get ratings. Nobody except law enforcement should have sensitive information while an investigation is ongoing.

Show us you are responsible and more importantly, competent enough to deal with sensitive information that is critical to solving cases. Sorry, but you media types are not competent enough to have that kind of access. I'm glad law enforcement agencies stuck to their guns.

Haven't heard anything more about it.

News 1130, lol............. idiots can't even pronounce names and places correctly. Kelownee Farms vs Colony Farms. Arkin Saws = Arkansas, Maria Poll = Mariupol, Sea Gal = Steven Segal, Al Mah May Ter = Alma Mater. Toronto Pearson says..........isn't that an airport? Didn't know the Stanley Cup was an NFL award, gulolol.

I have a whole list of fuckups. So funny, they are.

Yeah, I know, News 1130 is a joke, that's for sure. Breaking News.......... yeah, just like your live traffic reports. You get your sauces from listeners and............. nuff said.

Making news vs reporting news
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 10-12-2023 at 04:34 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:19 PM   #129
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,983 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
That is the exact unreliable rag I was referring to. The Times of Israel is the only publication that put that claim forward in the first place.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/middl...ntl/index.html

"US President Joe Biden appeared to confirm that information. In a roundtable with Jewish community leaders on Wednesday, he said: “I have been doing this a long time, I never really thought that I would see… have confirmed pictures of terrorist beheading children.”

A US administration official later clarified Biden’s remarks, telling CNN that neither Biden nor his aides had seen pictures or had received confirmed reports of children or infants having been beheaded by Hamas. The official clarified that Biden was referring to public comments from media outlets and Israeli officials."

Listen, alleging that dozens of babies (more than 40 allegedly) were behead is a serious allegation. How can you comment saying it happened to the public without any actual truth? That is literally insane.

Those random 3 pictures still does not confirm what happened. Do I think children died? For sure, that's obvious. How? Bullets? Grenades? We don't know. To claim babies were beheaded and put that out in the public without any proof or anything substantiated is simply disingenuous, and at that, propaganda.

Let's go with babies were killed, that is absolutely terrible, and terrible things happen in war, that does not beget an extreme reaction. As well, within any army or group of fighters you will find bad apples, does that represent an entire population of people?

Think of how many times we've heard stories of rape, beheadings, indiscriminate murders from US troops in past wars (Iraq, Afghanistan). Would you turn around and label the entire US Military as a bunch of evil bad guys? Further more would you extrapolate that to the entire US population writ-large?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2023, 06:07 PM   #130

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Oops, ninja'd
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 06:51 PM   #131
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,218 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
yo i dont get it, its not THAT big of a deal. we were all babies once, so beheading babies is kinda just like beheading an idiot adult

Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2023, 08:06 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Think of how many times we've heard stories of rape, beheadings, indiscriminate murders from US troops in past wars (Iraq, Afghanistan). Would you turn around and label the entire US Military as a bunch of evil bad guys? Further more would you extrapolate that to the entire US population writ-large?
lol, when has the US military ever been accused of beheading someone?

Also, in the middle east and other parts of the country, the US Military is absolutely regarded as a bunch of evil bad guys. I understand what you're trying to get at but your examples are poor.
Old 10-12-2023, 09:14 PM   #133

Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,006 Posts
Failed 194 Times in 120 Posts
Maybe they should hire Wagner for help
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 09:19 PM   #134
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,315 Times in 2,073 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Is there anyway that thee collective average Palestinian can vote out Hamas as the ruling government for a more moderate one who might be open to diplomatic resolution to this ongoing conflict?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 10:05 PM   #135
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,579 Times in 3,561 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Old 10-12-2023, 11:38 PM   #136
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Israel says people in Gaza have 24 hours to vacate the northern part of the territory, dropping leaflets and other broadcast methods

Hamas tells the people that this is fake news, to stay home (reasons are fairly obvious why they want their people to stay there)

UN says 24 hours is impossible to move over 1 million people

WHO wants to get in to provide aid, all crossings closed except from Egypt

Amnesty International says this is a war crime (to add to the list I guess)

Seems like an invasion is imminent
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 02:55 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hamas tells the people that this is fake news, to stay home (reasons are fairly obvious why they want their people to stay there)
"Some of you will die, but that is a sacrifice we're willing to make" - Hamas, probably
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 06:15 AM   #138
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,967 Times in 7,413 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Israel says people in Gaza have 24 hours to vacate the northern part of the territory, dropping leaflets and other broadcast methods

UN says 24 hours is impossible to move over 1 million people

WHO wants to get in to provide aid, all crossings closed except from Egypt

Amnesty International says this is a war crime (to add to the list I guess)

Seems like an invasion is imminent
At this point what's the point of even saying war crimes are happening? Russia has clearly proven nothing will be done about it. The modern world seems like war is just indiscriminately killing civilians rather than any tactical conquer strategies. I know Hamas is simply a terrorist organization and not a countries military, but what's going on in Ukraine is the same shit as far as the general terror.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 06:33 AM   #139

“Terrorist” organizations are now just full blown organized governments in a lot of cases now, Hamas, Taliban, etc. while organized governments in Russia, numerous African nations, etc. are all commiting “war crimes”

No one is ever held accountable for any of this so whatever you call it doesn’t really matter

Last edited by Hondaracer; 10-13-2023 at 07:05 AM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 07:11 AM   #140

Taliban is the best example. It's literally a terrorist organization that has full governing power over a country without even needing the guise of legitimacy.
I'm sure there are plenty of countries in Africa in similar situations that no one hears about because the media doesn't give a shit to tell us.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 07:17 AM   #141

1300 dead jews

way over 1500 dead Arabs now and probably likely more in the coming days due to this military action in Gaza

I think Isreal is going too far with this operation.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 07:23 AM   #142

I think Israel is mounting these attacks thinking they will show Hamas that they have way more power, which is obviously true, but if they think a bunch of dead civilians is going to make Hamas care, I'm sure that isn't the case. It's really, really fucked up for both sides. The human cost is just ignored in a holy war. I fucking hate it, and I can't see how in the modern world we still see shit like this. It seems as though it's going backwards over the last 5-10 years with all the stupid polarization of ideologies. Just fuckin let people live.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 07:29 AM   #143

Crazy what caging people up like animals for 7 decades does to morale

How many fucking times has this exact same scenario played out in the last 100 years (obviously this same scenario has been around as long as man but you’d think in modern times we could deal with it a little better)

From ISIS, to the Taliban, to Hamas, to whoever

Foreigners go in, fuck up someone’s situation thinking they are “helping” you breed resentment, and a bomb blows up in your face and you act like you’re surprised people hate you
Old 10-13-2023, 08:01 AM   #144

Thanked 3,621 Times in 1,766 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Local news that is related to this conflict:

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/1...-israel-hamas/

The Vancouver Police Department (VPD) has released a statement detailing its plans to ensure local safety amid the ongoing Israel-Hamas war.

Police say there is no specific threat identified in Vancouver, but the department is keeping a close eye on global events in order to “assess violence and disorder in the city.”

On Thursday afternoon, CityNews heard from parents in Vancouver who have made plans to keep their kids home from school on Friday after seeing an increase in threatening social media posts against the community. This comes after one parent says he received an email detailing Hamas calls for a worldwide “general mobilization” against Jewish people on Oct. 13

VPD Chief Const. Adam Palmer says he understands that, although the war is taking place thousands of kilometres away in Israel, many people in the city may feel concerned for their own safety.

Palmer states that VPD has activated its Department Operations Centre in response to these safety concerns, and explains that the centre will coordinate all activities in Vancouver related to the situation.

“We are actively engaged with community members and faith leaders to support our neighbourhoods and to keep everyone safe in Vancouver,” he said in a statement posted on X.

“We’re maintaining an increased police presence around places of worship, community centres, schools, and other key locations to reassure the community.”

While Palmer is stressing the importance of maintaining safety, he says people in Canada aren’t legally barred from peacefully assembling for any kind of protest or demonstration.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:11 AM   #145
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
1300 dead jews

way over 1500 dead Arabs now and probably likely more in the coming days due to this military action in Gaza

I think Isreal is going too far with this operation.
2,996 dead on 9/11

4.6 Million dead from the War on Terror*

I think US/NATO is going too far with this operation

*to date

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 08:14 AM   #146

These Gaza bombings are really just pushing more extremists to Hamas's side. (although technically you can blame hamas for the start of this bs time this around, but like Honda says if you cage them like an animal it'll for sure cause resentment)

Unless you wipe them all off the map, which isnt possible, its only going to breed the next generation of Hamas extremists

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
2,996 dead on 9/11

4.6 Million dead from the War on Terror*

I think US/NATO is going too far with this operation

*to date
but dont you feel safer!? I FEEL SAFER !!! thanks Bush for making me take off my shoes at the airport security. Laptop bombs have fallen off the cliff ever since these security measures came into place
Old 10-13-2023, 08:18 AM   #147
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,347 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Pretty much. Palestinian kids/teenagers are some of the brattiest little shits I've ever encountered. And I grew up on the West Side!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 08:41 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
lol, when has the US military ever been accused of beheading someone?

Also, in the middle east and other parts of the country, the US Military is absolutely regarded as a bunch of evil bad guys. I understand what you're trying to get at but your examples are poor.
I guess you never heard of Eddie Gallagher

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...navy-seal-iraq
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 08:44 AM   #149

And pardoned by trump because it wasn't a white that he killed.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2023, 08:45 AM   #150

So roughly 340,000 people have had their homes destroyed thus far.

That is an insane statistic.

This is why I'm harping about how facts matter, perception matters. Israel already knew what kind of massive overaction they were going to take, which is why I firmly believe that beheading story was thrown out there totally unsubstantiated in such a quick manner.
This post thanked by: