REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-08-2023, 09:13 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,739 Times in 1,637 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Israel/Palestine Conflict (2023)

Surprised nobody's made a thread yet, considering all the Geopolitical experts we have on here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/l...tes-rcna119362

Looking back at the last 100 years and this is pretty much how world wars get started - with multiple military conflicts in an area. All that needs to happen now is China attacks the US or something.

There are also reports of gatherings in Toronto w/ Palestinian flags cheering and partying.
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2023, 09:14 PM   #2

Good historical background summary here:
https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-...inian-conflict
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2023, 09:16 PM   #3

Generally Hamas is doing atrocious things from any objective perspective, as they've been doing for years.

Setting up bases under hospitals and other civilian establishments so when Israel bombs them they can play it off. There are videos online of civilian corpses being dragged around streets. And people around them rejoicing.

All in all they've written Israel a blank check to bomb the shit out of Palestine, and they're planning to use that to further feed the hate.

Egypt and Iran have come out in support of Palestine. Suspicions that Russia is involved also.
Old 10-08-2023, 10:58 PM   #4
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,558 Times in 2,650 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
While I certainly do not condone Palestine / Hamas attacking Israel, I am also not blind to the on-going brutality and bullying that Israel has done against Palestinians. In that regard, I am really disgusted by how US and Canada have come out to re-iterate how Israel has the right to defend itself.

In this conflict, Israel is every bit as guilty as Palestine is.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:35 AM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,579 Times in 3,561 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
The video's coming out are crazy. They are literally kidnapping families. Hamas used powered gliders to infiltrate Isreal. I don't know how Israel was caught sleeping.

This was a rave that was happening when they attacked.

Old 10-09-2023, 04:10 AM   #6
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,215 Times in 8,402 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
While I certainly do not condone Palestine / Hamas attacking Israel, I am also not blind to the on-going brutality and bullying that Israel has done against Palestinians. In that regard, I am really disgusted by how US and Canada have come out to re-iterate how Israel has the right to defend itself.

Yup this has been going on for centuries, with both sides fighting over whatever. (edit: I take this part back)

As for US and Canada, Israel is their ally, so that's what they're going to say. The Palestinians are allied with Iran and Russia (and that's it - all other Islamic countries consider them terrorists), and they'll say the attacks are justified.

Two sides to a coin... Which side do you want Canada to be on? Russia's and Iran's?

Seems like Israel is just going to wipe the Gaza Strip off the map and be done with it

Somewhat nervous

Those videos are more horrific than any move I've ever seen
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 04:34 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,216 Times in 3,665 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
knock knock

who is it?

Hamas!!!! *explodes*
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:24 AM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,764 Times in 826 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
can hardly wait for the eye for an eye part!
Old 10-09-2023, 06:58 AM   #9
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,315 Times in 2,073 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
This is not going to end well. Maybe the leader of Hamas and Natanyahu can go into the Octagon and settle it once and for all, or good old Western fast gun draw duo, and leave the avg person alone.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:51 AM   #10
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,596 Times in 4,950 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
can hardly wait for the eye for an eye part!
An eye for an eye and we all go blind.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2023, 09:50 AM   #11
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,852 Times in 5,909 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:

Jews have the power, period. There’s so many important people in powerful positions they don’t want to offend. Toronto also has many powerful Jews hence the condemnation from Olivia chow and ford.

Who are Palestinians of note?

Palestinians are like district 9 bugs, maybe this time Israel will squash them once and for all.

The conflict is super complicated and far more than any of us will ever understand, but there is a human side of the Palestinians that always goes overlooked for the sake of the Israelis. I’ve watched many documentaries (biased or not who knows) where isrealis have pushed these gated communities into palistinian settlements basically just provoking tensions against people who are already in an extremely tough spot and have been for decades

While Hamas is obviously crazy and terrible bla bla, the Israelis have really created them on their own through their actions.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:13 AM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
This is never going to end. I hate to say this but I admit I am numb to all these geopolitical/political conflicts.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2023, 12:50 PM   #13

Lol what a clown word we live in.

Wonder what JT thinks about these “protests”

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/more-than...ople-1.6594493

Edit* I will say this isn’t a JT issue or really con/liberal issue it’s our govt and Canada as a whole “standing” with Israel and hanging their flag on parliament after they just flattened a bunch of residential high rises filled with innocent people.

They support Israel because the power and influence Jewish people wield in Canada. Plain and simple

Last edited by Hondaracer; 10-09-2023 at 01:27 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 03:18 PM   #14

Oh we're going straight to "Jews have all the power" territory now.. Why am I not surprised
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2023, 03:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Oh we're going straight to "Jews have all the power" territory now.. Why am I not surprised
Word it however you want. You don’t bite the hand that feeds

For a big portion of recent history Jews were the largest minority in Toronto and it had one of the biggest Jewish communities outside of Israel. A HUGE portion of wealth resides within the Jewish community in Toronto.

Who cares about poor muslims? Why would politicians stand up for people who are irrelevant to them
Old 10-09-2023, 03:32 PM   #16

Obviously a one sided take but interesting and hard not to take his points in terms of for Jews, this was a few days, for Palestinians, this has been decades.
Old 10-09-2023, 03:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Word it however you want. You don’t bite the hand that feeds

For a big portion of recent history Jews were the largest minority in Toronto and it had one of the biggest Jewish communities outside of Israel. A HUGE portion of wealth resides within the Jewish community in Toronto.

Who cares about poor muslims? Why would politicians stand up for people who are irrelevant to them
These particular 'poor Muslims' want to literally take over the world and tell you how to live, and that includes taking away all basic human rights from anyone who isn't a Muslim male. That includes cutting off the head of anyone who disagrees with them.

Even the Arab states in the territory consider them terrorists and want nothing to do with them.

Who do you think is going to support that?

Iran, and Russia.

And do you think that's because they agree with their policies? No, they are supporting them because it fucks with their enemies. Those enemies are basically everyone, Jewish or not. Because they also would like to rule the world and tell people how to live. They will wipe out these "poor Muslims" the moment they are no longer useful to their goals.

"But the Jews have all the power"

You do know what it looks like when you go straight to that, right?
Old 10-09-2023, 03:45 PM   #18
in the butt

Thanked 3,539 Times in 1,293 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Geopolitical experts we have on here.

[.
I was about to say keep hondaracers name out of your post

But then the last 4 of 7 posts are hondaracer lol....

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2023, 03:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
These particular 'poor Muslims' want to literally take over the world and tell you how to live, and that includes taking away all basic human rights from anyone who isn't a Muslim male. That includes cutting off the head of anyone who disagrees with them.

Even the Arab states in the territory consider them terrorists and want nothing to do with them.

Who do you think is going to support that?

Iran, and Russia.

And do you think that's because they agree with their policies? No, they are supporting them because it fucks with their enemies. Those enemies are basically everyone, Jewish or not. Because they also would like to rule the world and tell people how to live. They will wipe out these "poor Muslims" the moment they are no longer useful to their goals.

"But the Jews have all the power"

You do know what it looks like when you go straight to that, right?
Lol you really pick and choose what suits you eh? Yes Hamas is bad, a terrorist organization etc. not every Palestinian is Hamas.

Anyways.. check out the list of the top 40 richest people in Toronto, a reoccurring theme of holocaust survivors and their descendants including many who break into the richest Jewish people in the world:

https://wealthawesome.com/richest-people-in-toronto/

Money talks. Kanye wouldn’t have gotten canceled if he was talking about Palestinians lol.

The worlds going to shit all over, but the link in the original posts kinda outline how these tensions have been building over decades, and nothing the western world has ever done has even come close to resolving these issues, and now it’s gonna get reaalllllll ugly.

Again, an issue I don’t really deep down care about. Pretty terrifying to see the footage coming out etc. however, I find these interwoven politics to be even more interesting as somone who can sit at home safely.

I guess the bottom line question is why do JT, PP, Olivia Chow, Ford, etc etc. back Israel?

Why do celebs who have -nothing- to do with the situation, and absolutely-zero- connection to this conflict post their support on social media etc. could it be because almost every producer, studio head, backer of television and media is Jewish? Lol

Quote:
President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 10-09-2023 at 04:15 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Lol you really pick and choose what suits you eh?
Says the one who posted a list of rich Jewish people and complaining about Kanye getting canceled for his anti Semitism
Quote:
I guess the bottom line question is why do JT, PP, Olivia Chow, Ford, etc etc. back Israel?
They are allies... If you look at what's going on in Ukraine, you understand why it's important to have allies against countries like Russia, Iran, etc.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:41 PM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,155 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:

As a non religious person when I read about the creation of Israel and what happened to Palestine I'm kinda "WTF?". So the people of Palestine had a nation forced onto them by the Western world who were trying to make up for not defending the Jews when Hitler went nuts and somehow the Western world think it's all the fault of Muslims/Palestinians that they are not happy with what happened? And no matter what the Israelis do to the Palestinians they will always have the support of the Western world? What the hell?

I have a really hard time understanding why the Israelis get so much rope on this - the land has been in the hands of many people over the years so it's not like they can claim that it's theirs. It's no wonder the Palestinians fight back and the Muslim world hates the Western world.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2023, 06:53 PM   #22
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,579 Times in 3,561 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post

I have a really hard time understanding why the Israelis get so much rope on this
Skin color and what hitler did to them.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
As a non religious person when I read about the creation of Israel and what happened to Palestine I'm kinda "WTF?". So the people of Palestine had a nation forced onto them by the Western world who were trying to make up for not defending the Jews when Hitler went nuts and somehow the Western world think it's all the fault of Muslims/Palestinians that they are not happy with what happened? And no matter what the Israelis do to the Palestinians they will always have the support of the Western world? What the hell?

I have a really hard time understanding why the Israelis get so much rope on this - the land has been in the hands of many people over the years so it's not like they can claim that it's theirs. It's no wonder the Palestinians fight back and the Muslim world hates the Western world.
You live in a country where pretty much the exact same thing happened, except longer ago. "This is our turf now, go send your kids to learn to be like us in these rape schools". And we were all taught that white people "discovered" the land and traded peacefully until "settling" down.

Hisry really REALLY sucks sometimes
Old 10-09-2023, 07:21 PM   #24
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Anyone else listening to Adam sander’s Chanukah songs?
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:51 PM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,967 Times in 7,413 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
As usual it will be the people making the calls that stay safe and everyone else that's in danger. I don't see stepping into a side of this conflict going well for anyone or any country, whatever side they hop on. The attack from Hamas is despicable, and the response from the Israelis will match it.
All in the name of competing sky daddies again. We really aren't as developed of a species as we think we are.
I'd really like canada to be taking the Switzerland approach to this conflict, as the grandstanding isn't going to positively affect anyone. I think our government really needed to learn a lesson from two weeks ago that it certainly hasn't. Maybe just shut the fuck up and keep it quiet unless you really intend to be a factor.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: